Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-11-2006, 09:18 AM   #1
lillygator

Mom of two Princesses!
Grew up wanting to be a can can girl
let's just say my whoop whoop's woke the sleeping giant!

Our 2006 Disney Adventures ~ NEW, 1/20 pg 13!

I'll post what I had so far - I'll have to add back in the pictures later and I hope to have the next installment up tonight ~ trying to finish it up now!

I figured I might as well start this pre-trip trip report…. as I continue to agonize over miniscule details on a daily basis. This would at least provide an outlet and may even score me some tips….J This report is full of Bad Girl pointers and tid bits taken from the Bad Girl calendar as well as Cosmopolitan …. I will constantly update and add pictures….and keep it all in the same thread….I tend to get long winded and generally off track -that’s just me – if ya don’t like, don’t read!

So off we go….enjoy!

The current plan ~ a weekend jaunt to hob nob with sports celebs at ESPN the “weekend” also included is my planning report for our yearly break to the Flower and Garden Festival….it’s a hoot!

The main cast of characters includes:

Me, the ravishingly beautiful wife, adoring and devoted mother, and passionate Disney planner. Name: Vanessa, aka: V, Mommy or Da Da. Yes, you read that right…“V” is what most everyone calls me. Most everyone consists of pretty much just Charming. As of late I don’t recall answering to Vanessa much….I don’t think my ears even perk up to the name anymore. In fact I think the only time Charming has uttered the name Vanessa was during our marriage vows. Bad Girl Motto: Why be a gossiper when I can be a gossipee?

DH, the handsome, looks great in a pair of ball pants husband, dedicated and loving father, and probably has to have another beer to discuss Disney plans for the umpteenth time. Name: John, aka: Johnny, Charming, Daddy, or Da Da DA ~ strong emphasis on the last Da. I usually refer to him as Charming although when I am screaming across the park to try and gain his attention it will be John~ny, strong emphasis on the ~ny. Bad Girl Motto: Um, if he has one we’re gonna have some issues!

DD, the bright blue eyed, spirited - yet gorgeous - three year old princess, who is as passionate about Disney as her mother and who firmly believes we are real Royalty and that the “castle” is the Carlin Family’s vacation home (smart kid!). Name: Samantha, aka: Punkie, origin: from the word Pumpkin, as she was born on Halloween. nka: (never known as) Sam…is like fingernails on a chalkboard to hear her called that. ska: (sometimes known as) Samantha Paige ~ strong emphasis on the Paige when she is not listening or doing something she should not be doing, which coincidentally is 99% of the time. (just kidding) No where near old enough to have a bad girl motto. But is working on earning it!

DD, the bright blue eyed, go with the flow, gorgeous one year old princess, who has not yet verbally expressed her love for Disney, but as her speech develops I am sure she will let her wonderful parents know just how much she has enjoyed spending so much time with the family at Walt Disney World during the first year of her life. I mean she is the souviner of our May 2004 trip and she did stand for the first time on Castaway Cay – total Disney Babe all the way! Name: Haley, aka: Haley Baley. We are fortunate enough that her aliases have yet to include Haley Nicole ~ strong emphasis on the Nicole, as she takes after her mother and is a perfect angel in every way. No where near old enough to have a bad girl motto.

We also have understudies in this cast. They have been known to make an appearance or otherwise crash a good time – usually resulting in overcrowding our ADR’s. Non – planners, don’t make reservations. They have also been known to baby-sit while Charming and I get a drink on and bust a move at Pleasure Island.

The understudies include:

DS, that would stand for dear sister, not son, in this case. Ex CM (this means I AM in the WDW know!), by choice, dramatic, was turned on to Disney by her elder (although not by much) and wiser (definitely by a lot!) sister. Name: Amber, aka: AJ, for Amber Jean, DQ, for Drama Queen, which would be the most appropriate name for her. Her current gig is schooling, yep, she’s trying to do something with that brain! When she’s not schooling, she’s Disney’ing – that’s right, going to the World! Have not yet turned her on to the DIS, can’t now because then I can’t dish about her anymore. She will be 21 on March 21st and is counting the days to when she can actually order a drink in public and get into a club without the “UNDER AGE” stamp across her forehead. Bad Girl Motto: Oh she has too many to even think of picking one….

DSBF, dear sister’s boyfriend. Works for Charmings favorite beer company, you guessed it – Budweiser (Anheiser Busch). Turned on to Disney by DS, will do anything to please her. Is obsessed with pressed pennies and hidden Mickey’s. Name: Shannon, aka: well just Shannon. Pretty boring. My mission, if I so choose, will be to come up with an Alias for Shannon on this trip. Bad Girl Motto: Same as Charming’s – although now that I think about it, he did have a Cabbage Patch doll growing up….hmmmm…..

DM, dear mom, the doting, overspending, wishes we could all do Disney Commando Style Grandma. Name: Karen, aka: Mom, Mother, Grandma, she’s pretty much only referred to as the later three in that order that is what I, dear sister and dear daughter call her. She gets drunk off a half a glass of anything, loves trashy romance novels and refuses to do a “flip side” at the beach, resulting in a horridly uneven tan. Drama Queen and I have tried everything we can to convince her to tan both sides to no avail…..she’s also an Alien….yeah, from outerspace, that’s it….no you freaks! From across the pond – an Alien from England…she’s got the Green Card to prove it. Why is that relevant? I dunno….just trying to spice up her description a bit. Bad Girl Motto: Doesn’t know the definition of “bad girl”….

A little background is important here.

Numero Uno ~ First off aside from Disney nuts we are all GATORS! So much so in fact, we had a stained glass window made for our front door and are debating on putting a large tile Gator in the bottom of the pool….the window is removable if we move, tiled in Gator would have to stay….considering the pool contract was signed in June of ’05 and it still isn’t finished, I think we have a tad bit of time on that decision. Both Princesses can do the Chomp and Princess Samantha will be working on her fourth season….knows all the cheers and chants, Princess Haley…the pretty much non talker of the group will be coming into her second season and hopefully, just maybe, can spit out “Gator” by August. All this matters – why? Just wanted to point out the Gator fan bit, not so much that I’ll make jabs at ‘noles, like some trippers we know, but so you won’t question most of DH’s attire in pictures. I mean, I do buy him other clothes that involve no resemblance to any shade of orange or blue, but if ya let him pick his own stuff to wear….we’ll let’s just say – I’m not responsible - thus don’t hold me accountable for his wardrobe.

Number two ~ We go to Disney pretty often, so often in fact people make fun of us, but hey – what do they know? Why do we go to Disney? Not for the rides….we go for the food!! We are eaters and drinkers….emphasis on the drinkers (ok, maybe not as much as vettechick ). We pack a cooler for the room (would never take it into a park) full of beer, wine - oh yeah and a few waters for the kiddos. I guess I should stop saying WE….like anyone helps me do this because all Charming does aside from standing around looking good (mm, mmm, mmm)is throw it all in the back of the Explorer. I also pack a snack basket of room goodies….mmmm, good – Charming and the girls are always thanking me at some point in the trip for remembering all their favorites along with a few new additions. All this baggage (actual bags not Charming and the princesses) makes staying at a deluxe nice, since they whisk it all to your room for you. To try and save a buck we sometimes opt to stay at a moderate or (gasp!) even a value – did I say that out loud - and then Charming will lug it himself to our room. A good sturdy double stroller can handle a full size cooler with a 24 pack of beer, 2 jugs of wine and 2 bottles of water along with the overnight bag. Unfortunately I have to beg or more appropriately, nag Charming to actually get the stuff out of the car. He is happy to open the back of the truck, take a load off and grab a beer. Me, not so much.

And lastly ~ we’re PAP holders, so no issues with regards to planning out what days to use what tickets or hoppers. Even got one for the 3 year old so she could actually begin to tell people her actual age. (Actually dad bought them all for our xmas gifts! Thanks Dad!) Also DDE holders….awesome card, nothing better than kicking back with a full stomach, drink in hand, and the tab being 20% less than it was five minutes ago. While the dining plan sounds nice, I would probably choke at paying rack rate at any Disney resort.

So that’s us in a nutshell. Wow – we can be summed up with three bullets!! I must be missing something…..…J Now get ready to sit back and enjoy our – hm, I mean MY, planning and trip adventures!
Hide the rum, the 2007 Bad Girl Adventures have begun!
'04 ~ Pop, AKL, ASMo, WL & Wonder Cruise!
'05 ~ ASMo, CBR, CSR, ASMu, Pop, Poly & Eastern Cruise!
'06 ~ POR, ASSports, ASMusic x 2, AKL, BWI, POP & Double Dip Cruise!
'07 ~ CBR, ASMo, BCV x 2, OKW, Orlando Breeze, POP!!
'08 ~ Offsite Knight's Inn YUCK! ~ Stealing the Magic ~ May Repo! Candy Cane Inn!
'09 ~ May DCL Western~Key Lime Pirates!

Last edited by lillygator; 01-20-2007 at 01:54 PM.
Old 04-11-2006, 09:20 AM   #2
lillygator

Mom of two Princesses!

Let me get everyone up to speed with my anal planning here…

Thursday February 16, 2006 ~ In 1979 Gloria Gaynor’s “I Will Survive “ hit the top of the charts, becoming a Bad Girl Anthem instantly. I was not yet 5….J

For our March trip – we are staying at shh, no really hush, All Star Sports…..what you couldn’t hear? All Star Sports….I mean perfect theme for ESPN weekend right? The original plan had us drinking in Margaritaville at Old Key West….but on our free goods trip in Janaury we drove around the resort and just didn’t feel it….hard to explain….so I called Disney and checked out what was available….and get this….the amount of the ONE night deposit for OKW covered the amount of TWO nights at All Star Sports and left a $69 credit on our room charge account! How about those apples? Gave Charming the news and he says, “do you really think we’ll spend it all?”……..oh my, good thing he’s got his looks going for him!

Since we’ll have a roof over our head in March I gotta get busy on accommodations for pollen fest week! Called to see if AP rates were out for May, nothing! The wait is agonizing. I called yesterday and booked the Family Magic Tour along with the Behind the Seeds Tour. The FMT ends around lunch time so I wanted to book CRT for lunch, they had a 12:35 and a 2:40. I stupidly passed up the 12:35….today it was gone already. Drat – Crystal Palace instead….I will now be on a daily quest to get CRT for that day. Someone will cancel, someone WILL cancel…..someone CANCEL ALREADY! One ADR down, 999,999 to go.

The Behind the Seeds Tour also ends around lunchtime so now the dilemma is choosing an Epcot luncheon site….ah, an obvious choice would be the Garden Grill or simply eating in the Land Pavilion. Nah, I have to make things difficult. I can pretty much cross off China, as Charming is so not into Chinese Food, Akershus – been there, done that, got the photos and autographs, Alfredo’s, don’t really want something so heavy that we can’t walk back to the car. Up for consideration: Rose and Crown, Marrakesh, Beirgarten, Coral Reef and San Angel Inn.

Now – our last experience with Rose and Crown was horrid…and it was my Mother’s Day meal. I did vow to never again grace them with our Royal presence. But those damn fish and chips and yards are so yummy – not to mention that Love Potion drink (I’ll always wonder if that had something to do with our souvenir). We could swing by the outpost area, but what fun would that be – not being waited on and all. We’ll leave it on the list.

Marrakesh, I think the princesses would love the show, Charming would love the Belly Dancer but being the beer, meat, potatoes, meat and beer kind of guy that he is, I can probably save this for the Food and Wine Fest sample cart. Mmmm, hummus, mmmm, some kind of skewered meat. I vaguely remember that I liked it, or it could have been the alcohol talking. I mean we had been tailgating around the world for goodness sake. We’ll ax this one for now.

Beirgarten, “any restaurant with the word beer in it has to be great!” says Charming. Ok, I can handle that but sausage and sauerkraut ain’t my thing buddy. Again, the show may keep the princesses entertained but it is a hike to get there from the Land – ah what the hell, give this one the ax too.

Coral Reef, I haven’t been here since I was a little (young) girl with my grandparents. Drama Queen was even younger than I and she left her bunny there. It was realized on the drive back home and we had to turn around and go get him! Later I tried vacuuming him up but only successfully got rid of an ear. Boy, did I get grounded. Anyhoo, this would be great entertainment and some seafood. Have not really read any great reviews especially the service…but what do these DIS’ers know? Maybe they were smelly, had bratty kids or were just rude and therefore deserved bad service. We’ll keep this on the list.

San Angel Inn, Charming is not such a fan of Mexican food. Sure he loves Taco Hell but only after a night of ball playing and beer guzzling and that’s the only thing that’s open, cuz ya’ll know darn well my kitchen closes at 8! I choose it for the moonlight, the water, the magic – but there’s beans involved and that may not be a great idea for the romantic balcony plans - so let’s ax this one too.

This leaves me with – Rose and Crown and Coral Reef.

They both take the DDE card….put a check for both in the Pros column. They both have beer and liquor, check, check, check. What the heck, let’s give Rose and Crown another shot. I am English after all…. Ok, calling DD for the second time this morning. Why yes Virginia, V can only make one ADR at a time. Lucky for her there is an 800 number. Thor at DD helped me snag a table! Whoo hoo….2 ADR’s down.

I have issues….here I am planning our May ADR’s and not really caring about our upcoming quickie….now that’s scary! What if we arrive to the World only to be turned away from every table service dining establishment…..oh my, could we survive on counter service alone?

Must.stop.thinking.Disney.and.do.some.work.now.

later that same day Still got Disney on the brain. Is there anything else I can book today? Let’s call to see about those AP rates one more time. Ok folks, let me come clean, the reason these AP rates are so important….we haven’t booked our hotel yet and a great deal is always a kick in the pants when it comes to deciding. I’m hovering….I’d like to book CSR but also would like a balcony for those romantic evenings Charming is planning. You know, a quiet candlelit dinner for two out on the balcony while violins and harps are softly serenading us from below. Rose petals leading from the balcony to the bedroom, WAIT, who am I kidding, Charming can barely make his own doctor’s appointments let alone plan a romantic evening.

I’d still like a balcony.

No AP rates, let’s check on AAA rates:

CSR $131.75
AKL $297.00 SV
Poly $332.10 GV
WL $279.00 CTY

I don’t know about you all but $279 – 131.75 = lots of booze! Although last May we stayed at CSR it was only $109 a night with the AP discount. $253.81 was the Poly, so AKL and WL may fall in the mix rather nicely. We have stayed at both although WL was in December and we never got to use the pool but we loved the Beaver Rail.

Oh, you don’t know about the WL Beaver Rail? The first time we stepped foot into the WL elevator there was this beaver staring up at us from the nice shiny gold rail….it ultimately was dubbed the Beaver Rail, so Charming and Princess Samantha would dash to the elevator and yell at the top of their lungs “Hold on to the Beaver Rail”!

Don’t worry - we are used to the stares by now.

Back to the task at hand - resort choice is always such a dilemma for me. Back and forth between choices and cost…sometimes cost wins….let’s hope it doesn’t take over here. I really love the pool area set up at CSR, you have an awesome pool, kiddie pool, playground and bar all within steps of each other! No other resort has the playground right there….but NO romantic balconies. Hmm, still a few days to decide this as those pesky rates have yet to be released.

On hold with Disney Dining now trying to see if CRT has opened up for the day I need. Oh no! They hung up on me, how rude! Speed dialed back, The Circle Of Life is playing, I hum along and wait in the queue to check on that coveted meal. Nope, only 2:10-2:40. Why didn’t one of you DIS’ers cancel already? Hopefully I will not call back today although I do get into the drink and dial mode in the evenings sometimes.

Resort choice, you may all be asking yourselves, why doesn’t she consult the family? Well, I do, and in between swigs I can usually get a grunt or two out of Charming and providing ESPN is on a commercial maybe even a word or two. Charming is all for CSR – heck, he’d probably pull up to the parking lot and sleep in the back of the truck if I’d let him. So tonight Charming, Princess Samantha and I “discussed” on the couch where we should stay. Princess Samantha opted for the animals, Charming, as predicted, opted for cheap. We’ll go with what V wants (still undecided).

~to be continued~
'08 ~ Offsite Knight's Inn YUCK! ~ Stealing the Magic ~ May Repo! Candy Cane Inn!

Last edited by lillygator; 04-11-2006 at 09:26 AM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-11-2006, 09:22 AM   #3
lillygator

Mom of two Princesses!

Sunday February 19, 2006 ~ Bad Girl tip of the day – 1 of the 101 things to do with panty liners – stick one to the back of each hand for stay put napkins at BBQ buffet. This may come in handy at the Hoop Dee Doo Review!

SCORE! Called Disney Dining again and magically CRT had opened up for lunch on the date I needed!! Amazing….I was so psyched that I forgot to mention that I have a DDE and thus need a discount! So I had to call back, well something happened to the rates they charged me, etc, in short they are looking in to it but we still have the reservation. We’re going to the castle, we’re going to the castle!

Now, on to the resort dilemma.

Monday February 20, 2006 ~ President’s Day and yes, I have to work.

Called Disney again, NO AP RATES LADY, quit calling would ya? Damn, I thought today would be the day. Decided to check on AAA rates and if something was great I’d book. WL had no availability with AAA rate, nor CSR but AKL, Poly and CR are available. I am leaning towards the Poly now. I really want a balcony and if I am going to pay close to $300 to see some zoo animals, I may as well kick in an extra $50 a night to be at the Poly. What a dilemma. If they would just give me a hint as to what those rates may be….

much later that same dayof course I am still ready to book our resort, I mean, I have the Cinderella lunch, the Family Magic Tour, the Behind the Seeds Tour and a credit card guarantee at California Grill but we ain’t got nowhere to sleep! Not sure if you can tell -but it’s bugging me!

I can’t even tell you the time, but after a few wines, I called Disney to go ahead and book what I could with a AAA rate. I asked the lovely cast member to check availability at the Wilderness Lodge 5/16-5/21 using a AAA rate or of course an AP rate. A light beamed down upon me in the living room, music began to play, the stars had aligned and she started spouting out passholder rates. DOUBLE SCORE! Yeah!! I was booking something, not sure what….after getting rates on the WL, AKL and the Polynesian, I decided on the Polynesian – garden view. Paid my deposit and I was on my way. Made sure I let the lovely folks on the DIS know, so they too could experience the euphoria that only newly released AP rates can provide. :smoking: Ahh, I hung up a happy camper….but, oops, I forgot to request non-smoking and a Pack and Play, oh well, Princess Haley can use on of the drawers, she’s tiny, I’m sure she’ll fit.

It must not have been too late as The Bachelor Paris was not yet on – it was set to come on at 10pm. I asked Charming and Princess Samantha their preference between the WL, AKL and the Polynesian. Princess Samantha, a girl after my own heart, shouts “the Poly!”, Charming wonders aloud, “what’s the cheapest?” 2 to 1, the girls prevail. We’re going to the Poly baby! I called back and requested non-smoking, a PNP and an in room keg, at these prices we won’t be able to eat and my laundry better be getting done for me. Who am I kidding? I better start donating plasma today – that bill ain’t pretty. I started wandering around the house to see what I can sell, got 12 place settings of wedding china that isn’t used but twice a year…who needs it? You think they will barter for payment of the bill?
Old 04-11-2006, 09:26 AM   #4
lillygator

Mom of two Princesses!

Tuesday February 21, 2006 ~ logging onto the DIS for my daily dishing of Disney and low and behold, what an uproar I have caused….apparently little ole me, along with 2 other DIS’ers are the only ones who scored that AP rate last night….I didn’t mean to upset anyone….but hey, this is V we’re talking about, I always seem to be the butt of some controversy. Now, after being frantic waiting for AP codes, I can be frantic about whether I had a valid reservation or not. After much consultation on the DIS, I called Disney to be told, YES, my reservation and rate are valid, nothing to worry about, but the CM had no clue how I was able to get that code.

I have a bad feeling about this….I mean a FL Resident Rate Glitch feeling….

But none the less, we have chosen our resort!! Whoo hooo!! The Polynesian. ….AP rate on a garden view for 5/16-5/21 comes to a grand total of $1500 including tax, tag, title and no insurance.

Moving on – ADR’s, we haven’t discussed those in a while. Now that we have secured a location how on earth will I choose? The luau or Hoop Dee Doo? We went to the luau in February of 2004 and I cleaned up on the all you care to drink wine, so much so in fact I am sure I made an *** of myself. How am I so sure, well it’s partly on video!

I decide to give Charming a head’s up on what I have so far. I told him about the new lunch at CRT where girls get a light up wand and boys get a light up sword……OMG – are you ready for this………?

He turns to me, serious as a heart attack and says “Cool, V, I’ll be getting a sword.” “Bueller – there is an age limit on these!!!” I had fits of spontaneous laughter the rest of the night. He was soooo being serious. Back to the task at hand….Let’s see, both dinner shows offer a DDE discount but only on the late show, so 8pm for the luau and 9:30 for the HDDR. 9:30 seems a tad late to me….$125.87 vs $100.69….I am leaning towards the 7:15 showing of HDDR and the 8:00 luau. Let’s sleep on it. For a few days….

Monday February 27, 2006 ~ 1922 Women are granted the right to vote….Go on Bad Girls!

Ok, spent an agonizing weekend trying to plan more fun things. I went ahead and booked the Wishes cruise….the cheap one, ya know, with no music piped in….I am counting on our driver to get us right up next to the poor schmuck’s boat who did shell out the extra dough. Nice huh? Only 4 of us going….I didn’t tell Charming, thought I could surprise him for once. I even thought about booking him a massage at the GF spa since he loves them so much. We’ll see how good he is between now and May.

I did get an answer to the dinner show question….I was hoping for HDDR, but Charming had a point, we are right there at the Polynesian, so why not hit the late luau on arrival night, score our 20% DDE discount, soak up the all you can drink beer and wine and stumble to our room and crash? So my goal for today, book the luau. The DDE discount basically takes off Princess Samantha’s charge, since she is three now, that magical age where we have to pay for her! Total comes to $100.69 – what a bargain!

Charming went for his MRI reading on his knee today…seems that they are going to “scope” him and clean up the tears in his meniscus….what?? This is going to affect our vacation how? Surgery is scheduled for late March, lucky for us we are headed to ESPN weekend – at Disney this weekend so he can tear it up some more before surgery. Now before you all go feelin’ sorry for Charming…..I gave him the option of NOT going this weekend. I mean, we could apply the reservation money to the May trip but no he wanted to go.

So we leave Friday late afternoon and check out Sunday…..on our way home Sunday, we are going to stop in Winter Haven for an Indians game – spring training, gotta love it….men in uniforms, hot dogs, beer, catching a fly ball, men in uniforms, beer….what fun. I am still kind of agonizing over that trip but it’s so soon and so short – who cares? I guess it wouldn’t be cool to include a trip report within a trip report so we’ll ax the March trip report…..and stick with May planning report. Yeah – I’m gonna start a trend see, a planning the trip trip report….

Old 04-11-2006, 09:29 AM   #5
lillygator

Mom of two Princesses!

Friday March 3, 2006 ~ 1975 Linda McCartney was charged in the US with possession of marijuana…..Bad Girl! 1978 Charlie Chaplin’s remains were stolen in Switzerland….not bad girl related but freaky none the less….Bad Girl Tip of the Day…use those knockers to get what you want….this comes straight from Drama Queen…see she thinks she can get autographs better than Charming (came from her mouth not mine!)…simply for putting her ****s out there…ya know – she’s right, we’ve tested it! May come in handy this weekend!

Last night I did not get much accomplished, I did get the kitchen clean, nothing worse than coming home to rotten dishes in the sink and horrid smells. Definitely wanted to prevent that. Did two loads of laundry, ordered pizza, watched American Idol, DIS’ed and even got some quality time in with Charming.

Fast forward to this morning….Disney Day! Whoo hoo…..Charming is up at the ungodly hour of 4:30 AM, yes AM! He’s out the door to work by 5….see us working Joe’s still have to put in a half day today…on vacation day….sucks! I spring out of bed as soon as he’s gone and get packing! Slight confession here…I still have some things left in our bag from the cruise..and that was back in December! Less is more right? I am determined to pack lightly…..I end up with one princess suitcase for the girls, my makeup bag and a beach bag with Charming and my clothes. And a snack bag. And a backpack filled with toys. And a backpack that doubles as a diaper bag. And a camera bag – we know you want lots of pictures. And a cooler…can’t forget that, I think that actually went in first. I packed light. Really.

What did I forget? It wouldn’t be a Disney trip if I didn’t forget something. Last trip I forgot a knife and it was a real pain trying to spread cream cheese with a coffee stirrer. And diapers…for sheer convenience I bought some at the POR store….that’s like paying rack rate for a room! So I guess I won’t know ‘til I need something and its not there. No worries.

The phone rings at 6am…I figure it’s Charming with my morning wake up call….or Mickey, he’s knows were are coming! But, no, it’s English Super Mom….she’s got some news from Drama Queen….DQ doesn’t want to tell me….she has no $$ (she has no job so how would she have money?) she doesn’t want to come with us without it. Here we go….I told mom that she has a PAP, she’s never paid for food when she’s with us and if she needs a souvenir then too bad, she can take a picture and put it on her Christmas list….finally get a hold of DQ and get this – she’s crying (I told you she was a real drama queen). She “needs” to go because Charming’s knee is hurt so he won’t be able to maneuver the crowds and she can use her ****s to get autographs for him. WHAT? Did she really just say that? She does have some smarts in her!! I taught her well! I told her not to worry about the cash but she is still not convinced – what? How many people would give their left eye for a free food at WDW offer? Or their right eye for that matter…..so as of 8 am…it is still up in the air as to whether or not she is coming…English Super Mom will not be along for this quickie…as for the autograph issue…I asked her why she thought she would be getting autographs…I mean I don’t think these guys are lined up freely signing…and what do you do with an autograph anyway? I mean we all have one. She tells me she went online….didn’t know she even knew what a computer was….and she saw the ESPN weekend site…the only name she recognized was Jerry Rice cuz ya know “he was on dancing with the stars”..OMG….she only knows one of the BEST receivers in football because he was on a reality show? What is the world coming to? I guess I have not taught her so well after all. But she figures they are stars and she could score some autographs or a date. She figures since it’s a sports weekend it will be like a stomping ground for cute single guys. And yes, you read earlier that she does have a boyfriend. But not for this weekend.

Ok so crisis on. Great start to quickie day number 1.

Anyway – load up the girls for school and we are off – to work that is!! It’s foggy – ridiculously foggy – I mean I can’t see a thing! Did the vacation Gods not hear about our trip? Did they not know we will be driving today? I hope by noon the weather is better. I checked the Orlando weather last night and it is supposed to be in the 70’s during the day and 50’s at night….50’s? That’s like a blizzard..maybe I should have packed a sweatshirt or two. So here I sit at work. I think they are on to me. I have that “I’m leaving in a couple hours” air about my movements, that cavalier attitude that breeds jealousy among co-workers. Can I make it through the morning? I need to get some ADR’s. That should be my main concern this morning. I pull up my Excel spreadsheet with my itinerary on it. I called and made a Spoodles reservation and now it’s not on here….could I have forgotten to save? Or write down? Oh no….here starts crisis number two.
Old 04-11-2006, 09:32 AM   #6
lillygator

Mom of two Princesses!

still Friday March 3, 2006 ~ 1962 Jackie Joyner-Kersee is born….she goes on to win five Olympic medals….she will not be at ESPN the weekend.

Bad Girl Affirmation of the Day: “I declare, I dig my hair!”

Finally 1pm hits and I can officially leave work….I grab my purse, my Mickey planning notebook, keys and put my head down and run for the door….I don’t want anyone catching my eye with one of those pleading looks for help with a last minute thing that ends up taking all afternoon. I made it to the car without so much a peep from anyone or anything…since it’s Friday it seems everyone lingers over lunch a little longer than usual and I am in the clear.

I head over to pick up the Princesses. Princess Haley is charged up and ready to go, Princess Samantha is asleep! What? She is asleep? I mean I know its naptime but shouldn’t she be so stoked she can’t sleep? My instant fear is “no napping in the car”. I try to rouse her but am not having any luck. Holding a baby and trying to get a small child up from an inch off the floor cot is a feat within itself. I’m a mom, I can do these kinds of things. Finally she is awake and we get ready to get in the car. Her teacher tells me she has been not so princessey today. What? My child? You must be mistaken! Nope it was her… Seems she was pinching 4 other girls. Well, I’m sure she had a reason, I’ll be sure and go over with her. (Why is my kid always in trouble?) As we head out the door Princess Samantha gives her teacher a hug and says “we have to go to Disney again”. WHAT? Are you kidding me? What torturous parents she has, forcing her to go to Disney. Finally get them all buckled in and we head home to get Charming.

Upon arrival at home, Charming is nowhere to be seen so I decide that I haven’t packed enough stuff. I race around the house added a few things for each of us. Our car is stuffed for a quickie trip. I am almost embarrassed to show you.

Finally Charming is home – and we are ready to go…we have to make a beer and ice run, thought Charming would have done this already considering I gassed up the car the previous day. Can you tell who is the prepared one here?

Everyone’s in….the dog is fed and off we go. So we arrive to our first stop – Mobil “On the Run”, we dabbled back and forth over who was going to go in and Charming won. What seemed like 20 minutes later out emerges Charming with a 6 pack – wait – a what? Yes folks, a six-pack of Bud, some gross looking wine coolers, 2 12 packs of Mountain Dew and a can of nuts. Cashews to be exact.

He’s off to get the ice since round these parts they keep that outside and I try to think of a polite way to get inside and get my necessary libations. He hops in and I hop out saying something like “gotta run in – I forgot something”. I appear with two six packs of Smirnoff Ice. Why two? Well there was a $2 off coupon if you purchased two…never being one to pass up a good deal, I caved! Seems that everything wouldn’t fit in the cooler….here proceeds our first tailgatin’ session* of the weekend…in the parking lot of Mobil. Lovely. My mother would be proud. (*note – not the driver!)

Finally we are on the road at 2:40 pm. Later than I would have liked but earlier than normal. I figured I would check in with Drama Queen….so I called her at mom’s house and luckily she has weaseled some money off her boyfriend and she has decided to join us. She wants us to get off I-4, drive into Lakeland and meet her so she can “follow” us. I say – no – I’ll call when I am 5 minutes from your exit and we’ll be on the lookout for you. This is the girl that has no job and no money remember? Well considering her phone bill is some outrageous amount over $200 or maybe even $300 is has the lovely message “we’re sorry, this number has been temporarily disconnected” when you try and call. “It really sucks not having a phone.” , gets repeated to DQ often this weekend.

How many of you travel I-4? Lots – ok. How many of you hate it? Lots – yep me too. It does not matter the day of the week, the time of the day or how the stars are aligned there is always some snag between Lakeland and Orlando, primarily where Champion’s Gate area is. So BAM! we are stuck on I-4…to a crawl. I can’t reach the cooler as it is in the “way back” and there’s nothing better to do than to jam, look for DQ and just people watch in general. No sign of DQ and everyone seems to be on the phone…go figure, everyone in America has one but DQ. I think I see her behind us…it’s a Blazer and I try to zoom in with my camera. Got a pic…the car keeps following us so I turn around feeling that little sister is safely behind us…

but wait – this car is trying to pass us….gets up next to us and is a big dude that looks no where near blonde. I give up my quest to find DQ.

Now we start playing that game. You know the one you do in standstill traffic. Break out the football and run 20 cars ahead, pass it and then wait to get picked up…oh wait, that’s only on Gator game days. I meant the one where you see how your line of traffic compares to the other lines of traffic…which one is going quickest and who are you keeping up with. My Motorcycle is next to us on the right and I keep trying to get him to give us a friendly wave but he is not feeling so jolly. Somehow we are ALWAYS in the wrong line. The waters finally part and we can get back up to 70 miles an hour. This is how I know I am “in” Disney. Ooop…here’s our exit!

We make it to the All Star area around 5:10pm….we pull up to the guarded gate and the nice CM asked for photo id. At most resorts we’ve stayed they check it against a list…well Charming dug in his pocket for a moment to produce a too thick wallet with one lovely Florida Driver’s License. The guard then waved us though without even looking…WHAT? Well anyway…..Whoo hoo we are here!

Scored a front row parking space and proceeded to get everyone out and run for the check in area. Ahhh it felt good to stretch the legs. We walk through the automatic sliding glass doors to be greeted with a line!!! Not just any line…but a line so long it was not even inside the “ropes”. Great. Charming took the kids over to the shop and tv area I think…but somehow he found DQ! She had beaten us there and was hanging out in the lobby like an orphaned puppy who had no Disney room. Meanwhile I am still stuck in line. The rest of the clan comes over and it seems I didn’t do as much DIS’ing to prepare for tonight is EMH at Epcot. My itinerary shows us leisurely hitting the Boardwalk to try our luck at ESPN Club with a backup ADR at Spoodles – which I have lost the # for but plan on getting at check in. Well wouldn’t you know, I am outvoted.

“But look guys, do you know what it’s like trying to get an ADR at the last minute? On a Friday night?” I say – no one seems to care.

“let’s go to Epcot, let’s go to Epcot” the chanting and squealing starts. Fine…hurt and dejected I grab my cell to call WDW Dining and get us a table somewhere. Nothing is available for a party of 5 at 8 except Nine Dragons, Marrakesh, Biergarten and Akershus. Big Shocker. Before I can make a reservation my phone dies and gives me the low battery heads up. Bummer. It really sucks not having a phone. I motion Charming over and go over with him the options. He says “How about Canada?”….OMG, this is proof that he never listens to me! Don’t you know Le Celliar has to be booked 180, yes 180 days in advance~~!!! I glance over the lobby and see the “concierge” sign….I send him over there to find us something for tonight. I am finally waved down the long check in desk to a CM “earning her ears”. Great. We have room 6225 in the Surf’s Up section and she tells me I owe $69, WHAT? Listen up girlie…that should be a credit…oh yes I am right. Imagine that. Get our room keys, parking pass and meet up with Charming who is now finally at the concierge desk. Guess what he is asking? “We’d like to eat at Canada please…” First of all smarty pants, it’s not “Canada” it’s Le Celliar and second it’s booked. The CM confirmed that and gave him the options I had given him five minutes ago. He chose Biergarten and we canceled Spoodles and were finally on our way to our room, but not before getting lost in the parking lot.

I did tell you what a double stroller would hold didn’t I? Notice the cooler is larger than most of our bags....

We lug everything (well, Charming does) to the room and I am quick to snap a few shots before chaos breaks loose in the form of a one year old, three year old and a soon to be twenty one year old who travels with enough stuff for a small country.

The room was in between a tuna and a sardine can size. It had been cleaned but not thoroughly – but at this point I didn’t care. Time to get a drink on - Charming kicks back with a beer. He’s tired…tough!

Let’s go to Epcot. We head back downstairs and explore a little. The basketball buildings are close by and you can see the big whistles…Charming contemplates running back to the room for some pillowcases. He thinks this would make an awesome ride:

Took a few more pics and hit the parking lot…what fun!! DQ squishes her junk in the trunk between two carseats and we are off in one vehicle. By the time we approach Epcot there is only one CM manning the “pay for parking” ticket booth window. Sucks to be him. We soar on through and since this time of day there are no more CM’s guiding traffic we get a third row parking space!! Couldn’t tell you the section name cuz who cares? It’s the third row! We get up to the bag check…of course we have bags and it’s like opening hour at Magic Kingdom! Get through that to the ticket scanners and BAM! another dead end. They really ought to consider doing away with the finger scan or else getting some more intelligent guests. Seems no one or their brother knows how to use them and there is one CM for every 20 gates…ok maybe that’s a little of an exaggeration. We are stuck in line and a group behind us starts to sing a song from the Sound of Music….would have been a great show if they could carry a tune and weren’t so obnoxious. After 15 minutes we are finally through! Our Biergarten ADR is for 8pm and we pretty much have time to just get there. We head over to World Showcase and start on the left…I keep trying to change everyone’s mind…”hey how about Cantina San Angel”, nope they all want Biergarten now. For one, I am thinking picky DQ won’t like it and neither will I.

Coming up….DQ got the hook up in Germany!

Last edited by lillygator; 04-13-2006 at 09:58 PM.
Old 04-11-2006, 09:34 AM   #7
lillygator

Mom of two Princesses!

So we’re still heading around the World Showcase with one thing on our mind – getting to Germany. Keep in mind that Charming and I haven’t had anything but cashews and beer all day. We are hungry. DQ and I notice just how dark the World Showcase really is…I mean really dark walking around there. People under the stairs dark. Make it to Biergarten and BAM! another line….what is up with the lines already? Sent Charming to check in and the rest of us went to park the stroller when DD uttered those words every parent loves to hear “I have to go potty!” Now if you have ever been a parent you well know that when a three year old says that, it pretty much means you better get to the toilet NOW! So I grab her and run into the restaurant and find the bathroom, we made it! Samantha leans over to observe the sequined flip flops in the adjoining stall and comments how lovely they are very loudly. If I didn’t have the death grip on her she would have poked her head under there and told the lady herself. Come back out to find Charming has the dreaded “beeper”. No getting right in for us. I ask how long the wait is. Uh, he has no clue – he didn’t ask!! Men! Luckily before I can utter my disapproval for his non asking the beeper went off. We were introduced to a quiet couple who would be joining us at our table. Boy are they in for a shock!

We are guided to the second tier to the very last table by the stairs (hope there’s no people under them) and the “drink” station. Figured out the seating and all sat down. Caroline was our server and she started off by taking the drink order…diet coke for me, “Biggest Beer ya got” for Charming,

milk for Haley, Sprite (against my better judgement) for Samantha and Drama Queen. Why no liquor for me? Well, I failed to mention that pre vacation day I was celebrating with rum and cokes and my tummy was a tad bit off today. I thought my afternoon hair of the dog would help but not really. Charming goes off to the buffet and after an eternity returns. I head up there and start by getting two plates…mind you I am not greedy but I do have two children to feed and the quicker I get them food the quicker everyone is settled and happy. Well one person carrying two plates is definitely given the “hog” look by just about everyone. I felt watched.

I started out by the salads, picked up the cucumber salad, various cheeses, rolls and butter. Then hit some of the hot foods – mac and cheese, sauerbraten, roasted pork etc. Went back and divied everything up.

Whatever you do – don’t eat sauerbraten first. Oh the taste was horrendous and left one of those red bull after tastes in your mouth. Yuck! Decided to taste test the cuke salad and I loved that. Very different recipe from my own, which is world famous by the way, ok Sarasota famous….but I really liked the cuke salad…and the rolls…and the butter. That’s about it. Meanwhile Drama Queen is loving her food - a little too much. She thinks 5 star food includes chicken fingers, chicken ceasar salad and breadsticks. She keeps saying, “V, I am surprised I like this!” she is making multiple trips to the buffet and clearing her plate. After the third or eighth trip she tells us about the cute guy that is helping her make her food choices. “Alexander” (think SATC Sarah Jessica Parker and Mikail going back and forth saying the name) she utters….young love.

Meanwhile she has been striking up conversation with the quiet couple at the end of the table. They are here for two weeks and camping at Fort Wilderness….god bless ‘em…you couldn’t get me to camp for all the beer in this joint. It’s funny this guy keeps twirling his wedding band around every time he talks to her. I interject with something to test him and see if he does it with me. Ah, the married old maid with two youngin’s does not get ring twirled….interesting. Not that I want to be ring twirled mind you, just an observation.

“They” announce the “show” is about to start. The performer is playing a saw…yep a saw….and they think there’s only rednecks in the US. Samantha wants to dance…Charming is still knee deep in beer and I have no desire to do the chicken dance. DQ takes her down there and they both have a great time.

There is one little boy, probably 5 or so, who is quite the entertainer. He is doing back handsprings, handstands, and his dance moves rival those of the Thriller king himself. His parents try to reign him in but it’s not working. He quickly moves to our side of the room and keeps the entertainment going.

Charming makes the comment that this food is not that good and he’s glad we tried it but would rather stick to the weinie in a bun thing with clear looking seaweed that you can get at the food and wine fest, or probably outside at the counter service place. Fine by me. We are all needing drinks, and I’m not talking liquor here - except Charming. Caroline as well as most of the other servers are pretty much standing right behind our table by the drink station. During our entire meal she never once refilled mine, my sister or my girls drinks. I finally asked for another milk as well as a cup of ice. I planned on taking the milk with us. She brought that and still never asked or offered to refill anything. No biggie we’re getting out of here soon anyway. My overall view of Biergarten….in a In Living Color “Men on Film” rating….hay-ted it. Total damage before the DDE discount $98.43 after $79.72.

On the way out “Alexander” was running behind the buffet to try and get to DQ…you know, the way they run after you in the Mexico ride to get you to purchase something from the market. It was hilarious. He wants her phone number. And after only discussing things like bratwurst, bean salad and apple strudel…she does as any Bad Girl would and gives it to him. But remember, she has no cell phone so she had to give her home phone number…our parents number! Classy! So not a Bad Girl move…

Last edited by lillygator; 04-13-2006 at 10:04 PM.
Old 04-11-2006, 09:40 AM   #8
lillygator

Mom of two Princesses!

We finally get to the stroller and Samantha happens to notice the moon. “Look - the treasure cat!”,

what she means is the Cheshire cat. We stood around admiring the nice night and I convinced DQ to go back into the restaurant to get a picture with this German boy. He was wearing his gloves…nice touch! Wonder if he’ll bring the cute costume and hairnet on a date as well? After giggles, grins and sultry glances I drag her out of the restaurant and we all start walking.

I say “hey, how ‘bout we head to Italy and see if you can do better over there.” DQ is all for it, but I was only half kidding. I don’t remember being into the hook up scene the way she is. Scary. Right about now Illuminations is about to start…whoopee! Our favorite thing is the firework aspect….we’ve seen the show, so we keep walking along and our next goal is to get the EMH wristbands. Well DQ gets an instant look of “the police are after me” fear in her eyes. We don’t usually do EMH but in the past they have looked at our room card and given us a wrist band. DQ goes on to explain that oh no they have technology now and they scan the cards. She is using Samantha’s card to get in and out of the room – I never thought to get her one because she was never on the original reservation. Now before you resort ethics police come out…it is acceptable to have 5 in a room considering one is an infant. And come on, in your young college spring break days how many did you pack in your room? She is terrified she will get thrown out of Epcot but Charming and I are seasoned in these situations. Nothing to worry about.

We find a line by the international gateway over by France. It’s a little hectic but not too bad. Some blonde lady is screaming at the guy because she does not have her room card and they want her to go to the front of the park yadda yadda yadda….doesn’t she know Bad Girl rule #864- You get more flies with honey, honey!A little eyelash batting, stroking the ego and just general pleasantness can go a long way! Finally our turn and I glance over at DQ and she is dripping with sweat and anticipation that all of us are going to the Epcot jail. Worse comes to worse I plan on acting like I’ve never seen her before. We don’t look alike and I’m an only child. The wonderful CM, who’s name I cannot recall swiped our three cards and motions us forward. The lady gives ALL five of us wristbands…even the baby…so now DQ is in the clear, we can act like we know her again.

We head over to The Land along with everyone else in the free world who just finished watching Illuminations. Bad idea. Charming has to take a potty break – seems the largest beer in the world kind of got to him. We head up to the Land and park the stroller since those mean CM’s won’t let them in. Soarin’ has a 50 minute wait with no fast passes available. Nice. I tell Charming and DQ to go on it, I’ll take the girls on Living With the Land and for dessert.

Samantha and I walk over to LWTL and are first in line all of a sudden she freaks out and doesn’t want to go on it. Have no clue, she’s been on it loads of times?? So we struggle through the wooden rows to get back out. It dawned on me later I could have just used the exit like a normal person. That would have been too uneventful as well as too easy.

We walk through Sunshine Seasons and I am impressed at all the selections they have…sushi…wraps…salads…fruit plates…all kinds of stuff. We decide on a PB and J basket which came with a PBJ uncrustables, bag of carrots and a juice box. We also got a Worms in Dirt and a Smirnoff. My tummy troubles had passed and I knew I needed a drink to handle this 50 minute wait. Are you wondering why we got more food when we just ate? Well I knew Samantha had to be hungry considering she was not into the food at Biergarten. And I needed a big girl drink…I really needed a bottle of something at this point but the plastic bottled Smirnoff Ice would have to do. Total damage $12.84. Overall I would like to come back here for a quick lunch…they had lots of things that looked scrumptious!

How many of you have tried to carry a 1 year old, manage a 3 year old and a some food items while fumbling in your purse for money or the room card? Not so fun is it? I struggle at the checkout and finally get to a table. Most are empty and we find one with three seats…perfect although Haley doesn’t need a seat. Neither of them are really interested in sitting down…Haley has been in a car seat, high chair or stroller for the better part of the day and has her sights on getting down. I finally end up letting her sit on the floor for a little bit…I know bad mom, but it was late, I was tired and sick of struggling sans stroller. And by the way I counted 4 strollers in there…that ticked me off even more. Samantha decides she has to go potty again so we head over to Soarin’ and take care of business. I decide to take the girls to an empty bench at the end of the ride to wait for Charming.

Oh there is a God…Charming and DQ show up just as I am about to lose my patience. Let’s get out of here! We head out, get the stroller and get moving. We wander over to the Living Seas and once again strollers are not allowed – I said we’ll pass for sure! We started playing this game of “look at nothing and see who follows suit”…we started acting like we were taking pictures of something fabulous and you would be amazed at the people walking by start taking pictures and pointed and thinking they are on to something big…hilarious! It keeps me in giggle fits all night.

Somehow he theme song of the weekend was “My Hump” by the Black Eyed Peas…do you know that one? “whatcha gonna do with all that junk, all that junk inside that trunk?” “I’m gonna getchyou love drunk off my hump” anyway people were looking at us funny all night because we were singing and shaking our humps in general and having a blast! We wander through the area by the Character Connection…let me tell you people – this is a dream come true! It looked closed but I trolluped on over anyway. We walked in and I was psyched to see Lilo and Stitch….no wait, it’s just two girls dressed up Hawaiian style complete with baring midriffs and lei’s. Other than those two girls and one small family there WAS NO ONE THERE!! We saw Mickey first

…then Goofy and did you guys ever catch the fact Goofy is a “Gator”? His shirt and pants are ORANGE and BLUE people!!

How ‘bout those apples you ‘Noles! He started pointing to his shirt and pants and then to Charmings Gator gear…then he did the GATOR CHOMP!!! Yeah!!!!

It was so cool and definitely a magical moment! Haley was not too sure of the fur characters, she pretty much loves the face ones only. We then saw Chip and Dale…and Donald…and let me tell you, Donald had the funk! I don’t know if it was the costume or what but - smelly!

Notice my sister and Donald’s height….J she was tight with him some days when she was a cast member! Got all our pictures and autographs that we wanted and then headed out.

At this point it was after 10…not too sure of the time. But close to 11 and we decided to head back to the resort. We were walking and walking and dancing and walking and we finally got out the front gate and were walking along the sidewalk under the monorail. We were singing our “junk” song and we all screamed in unison when a rat ran out in from of us from the grassy area across the sidewalk to the shrubs. Yes people, A RAT. I know this is the house of mouse but come on. The people behnd us freaked out as well. DQ and everyone wanted to hightail it to the car. I had to get a picture or my DIS’ers wouldn’t believe me. So we stood there for a couple minutes, he/she made no reappearance - thank goodness. I had a momentary lapse in judgement trying to hang around getting a pic of a rat for you DISboard readers.

We finally get to the car and wow - realize that Charming left the sunroof open! Thankfully it didn't rain and no one felt like stealing a Ford Explorer tonight! Cars and kids - I don't know what it is but they are great for getting them to sleep. We finally hit the resort and all head to bed for the night.....dreaming Bad Girl dreams...well, maybe not all of us!

Last edited by lillygator; 04-13-2006 at 10:10 PM.
Old 04-11-2006, 09:41 AM   #9
lillygator

Mom of two Princesses!

actually some of my sentences are photo captions so they will make more sense when I post them!
Old 04-11-2006, 09:47 AM   #10
lillygator

Mom of two Princesses!

So where did I leave off….oh yes, Bad Girls in dreamland.

Saturday March 4, 2006 ~

Now I don’t know about you but when I am at Disney I cannot sleep in…the ability I used to have as a teenage girl to sleep until noon has completely escaped me. Well, unless of course, there has been way too much drinking involved. I am talking keg stands and funnels…not a bottle of wine and a 12 pack…that’s nothing.

So I awake this fine morning to the sounds of snores coming from 2 different people….DQ and Charming…and it ain’t a symphony. Haley is sitting in her cell grinning at me, willing me to get over there and pick her up. Samantha and DQ are sprawled out on the bed snoozing away as is Charming.

Nice people…I tear off all the covers and do a boot camp style rendition of up and at ‘em. Not really…I decide the best way to get started this morning is to get myself ready, get Haley ready and then get the troops up.

What a great mom and wife….letting everyone sleep in. Charming – flowers would be nice.

So Haley and I get ourselves ready…I take a quick shower thinking there isn’t much damage Haley can do – I mean she isn’t walking yet…..I get out to find mouthwash and cheese on the window and windowsill. We’ll keep this to ourselves shall we? I don’t ant to ruin the best wife/mom award. I decide to keep better tabs on her while I do my makeup.

So here we sit and wait………..and wait………..with some cattle prodding the rest of the family gets up and gets ready. Note to self….do not bring DQ anymore. She takes entirely too long to get ready….I mean toooo long. It must take an hour to just blow dry her hair! I have time to cook breakfast on a table top grill, throw a roast in the crockpot in the bathroom and rub some twigs together to make a fire for some smores. Seriously.

While she’s getting ready the rest of us eat bagels with cream cheese…I remembered my knife this time. Charming is practicing his autograph....he is sure to be recoginzed as a Gator great, right....???

We are finally on the road to MGM. 9:40am….are we the late arrivers that everyone seems to talk about?

We get there and should have been about 30 cars later then we would have had up front parking! We parked and started unloading everyone from the car. We didn’t want to bother with the tram so we got the stroller loaded and started the trek in. In our row, about 5 cars down from us was a Jeep Cherokee – the family was gone, aside from a lady (I think it was a lady anyway) and a large chow or chow mix in the back of the truck. Now being the animal lover I am this is simply cruel…it was already warming up and although the woman had the windows down I wondered how long she would be staying there.

Made it to the bag check area and wow – there was some rent a cop on a huge power trip. The guy on the other side of the table had to take everything out, I mean memory cards for the camera, etc….I couldn’t believe it. Luckily DQ and I smiled and batted our eyes in typical Bad Girl fashion and breezed past this poor character.

We were greeted outside MGM with a Gator Hummer!! Notice the FSU flag…I promptly climbed up there and wrapped it around the pole – J

We grabbed some ESPN the weekend attraction maps, skipped past the photographers and headed straight for the big hat – they were doing a show already!

As we walked down the main drag I point out to everyone the sign that talks about ESPN Interactive Zone over by the RNRC….no one seems to listen or care….made it to the hat and start listening and going over our guide. Seems Jerry Rice will be in the ABC theatre in about 15 min. We walk over there to find out its FULL. Right at the same time the ESPN guys announced “Jerry Rice in the ABC theatre” and a mass crowd comes running over we move out of the way and walk towards Star Tours.

We kept on going and went the back streets and go to see the Green Army Man, Buzz and a couple others. They had lines and we got in the GAM’s line and not a minute later they were sending out another one so he could go back inside. Well the one needing a break came over to us in line – signed our autograph book and took pics and then went inside…we’re special!

I head a few grumblings but nanni nanni boo boo! Didn’t want to wait for anyone else so we walked over to the Power Ranger area. The Pink Power Ranger was waiting for us…

so we went and posed and got signed and kept going to the Millionaire show…now we got in line for this…see Preist Holmes and Tony Gonzalez were going to be there.

We get inside finally and have pretty good seats although they are to the back of the guys.

There are two women on the end of the aisle – one in brides Mickey ears who start out giving us nasty looks - ??….the cameras were checked and Haley and I were put on the big screen!! Too cool….the girls were starting to get squirmy at this point. We’ve never been in to see this show and I really have no interest in it at all. They can’t just get the show started they have to drag everything out. The show got started and all Haley wants to do is get down…so I put her on the floor for a minute and then Samantha starts being annoying. Then the looks were getting worse and worse from Ms. Bride to Be with no DH in sight. It’s things like that that make me not do what the people are willing me to do. If she had smiled with an understanding look I would have left right then but she was looking at us like we were bothering her. Well now she was gonna get really bothered. Well, no not really I may think viciously but I am not that mean. I took Haley and we went up to the top row and stood for a little while. Not a few minutes later DQ and Samantha come up to leave because Samantha “has to go potty”. I hope she stepped on Ms. Bride to Be with no DH in sight’s foot. I'm Kidding!! DQ leaves and comes back with Samantha and I tell her to stay and I take the girls outside. They try and give us those darn hygeine bags again...I politely refuse - I think our stroller is full of them already.

We head out to find our stroller and get everyone buckled in and park ourselves on a bench outside the show. By now – it’s pretty darn hot and sunny out. I really didn’t think it was going to be this warm….I had on jeans. The show ended and we decided to head on over to 50’s Prime Time Café for our lunch reservation. We were early but we were hungry. We got checked in, I went to change Haley, got back Samantha and DQ went to the potty as did Charming and they called us – so pretty quick. We were seated in the farthest corner room in the front of the restaurant.

We had a half booth half table – a bable? I was quick to realize if we could have ditched Drama Queen somewhere along the way we could have probably scored one of those fancy 4 people tables with the tv on top. Nothing like chowin’ and watchin’ the tube. Samantha was quick to hand out the silverware.

Uncle Tom’s Cabin, ok Cousin Tom was our server. He was efficient and nice but no antics for us, nor the two tables next to us either. Is this the Bad Girl room? I mean kind of like the kid’s table at Thanksgiving? Do we look like people you can’t have fun with? Come on already…yell at me while I am eating!

Charming is ordering a shake before anything else…he had one last time at the end of the meal and regretted not getting sooner. I think that sucker could be used to train men – you know, like the dog/bell/salivating type training. SO - strawberry shake for him. Mickey’s Be Bop for Samantha, Sprite for DQ, milk for Haley and a glass of the Buena Vista chardonnay for me. We place our order…onion rings for an appetizer,

Charming gets the fried chicken, DQ gets the pot pie,

Samantha gets the chicken fingers, I get the pot roast and Haley is left to scrape up the table crumbs. opps...me pot roast...

We all settle in with our drinks getting ready to discuss the game plan for the afternoon events and our meals arrive…lightening fast – before the onion rings!

They came out shortly thereafter….we aren’t picky about that…well since they were really for Charming I didn’t care, if it had been for me, I may have answered differently.

Charming loved the chicken, DQ loved the pot pie and I thought the pot roast was ok. The portions here are huge and really it strikes me as a heavy lunch but we’ve only eaten lunch here – I keep saying that place is too heavy for lunch but it holds you over if you are dining later in the evening. As always, I feel an obligation to order dessert so I can show DIS’ers the pictures. Charming is still into his shake, Samantha gets the build your own sundae and DQ and I decided to split the snickers cheesecake and another glass of wine. Well, we’re splitting the cake not the wine.

The cake is yummy…has a chocolate disk on top with the castle on it, yet they put it on upside down!

Overall we really like the food here…not a gormet meal but good home cooking kind of meal. Charming is in love with the shakes and for our upcoming trip his only meal requests are Le Cellier, 50’s PTC and CG….I’ll see what I can do. We have yet to be “badgered” though. I am wondering if and when we do if we’ll regret it..kind of like the last person to get sick usually gets it the worst. Total before the DDE discount $

Last edited by lillygator; 04-13-2006 at 10:26 PM.
Old 04-11-2006, 09:55 AM   #11
lillygator

Mom of two Princesses!

After lunch we drag ourselves outside and even though it has warmed up, it’s a gorgeous day. We walk back to the hat and then decide to check out the Inter Active Zone….OH MY – this was awesome fun! Charming says “V, why didn’t you mention this place when we got here?” UGGHHH……..they had every sport you could think of set up…putting golf balls, slapping hockey pucks around, drag car racing simulators, dirt bikes, basketball, small football field, softball and even a kids area with hula hoops, jump ropes, smaller versions of the basketball and football tosses.

John and I immediately get in the batting cage line.

I think I maybe hit 5 balls….not too good…Charming looked like a pro out there as usual, but he’s a batting title champion so go figure. After that we go to the kids area and Samantha tries her hand at putting and football tossing. We receive an ESPN lanyard and some other goodies for her participation.

Next up was a basketball shoot, but wait they let someone cut in front of the line. The BMX’er got to skip us…now I don’t really care but it kind of bugged me that the handler took him to the front of every line. Charming and DQ got in the line for drag racing. I decided to take the girls to get a drink, well a beer. Would you believe they had all this guy stuff set up and no beer tent to be had?

I had to walk all the way to the Turkey leg place. Imagine that! I was standing in line fishing out my money when the girl behind me asked for some Advil….I said sure I have some and she turns to her boyfriend/so see I told you I just had to ask a mom. I know I shouldn’t have taken it badly but I was mortified…I then start running all kinds of things through my head. Do I look like a mom because I have kids with me….is my fashion style mom-ly? OMG do I have a mom haircut? I am supposed to be a Bad Girl….I mean I created the term Bad Girl. I made a vow to come home and get this 20 pounds that I have been carrying off and to make sure I spruce up my image before hitting Disney in May. Finally I get to order….I ordered 2 beers and 2 Sprites. Miss Nasty behind the counter didn’t want me to get two beers and at this point I was so dejected I wanted to down them both. I said so listen, I will buy one and then turn around and get right back in line and buy another. She finally let me get both in one transaction. Bless her.

Strollers and beer do not mix. At this point you probably think I am the worst parent in the world but whatever, I don’t know you. Have you ever tried to push a stroller with two beers? The one was splashing all over and I was trying to carry the other while pushing with one hand. I had to take a big sip out of both and the mom girl handed me some napkins to wipe off my poor kid’s head. I finally figure a way to hold a beer in each hand, lean over the stroller and push with my elbows. I received quite a few “what a terrible mom” looks as well as many kudos and “why can’t my wife do that” looks.

Made it back to the drag simulator and Charming is in line again. Seems DQ qualified for him and now he was about to race.

He won his race and was 9th for the overall day at that point. My sister and I spotted someone, we didn’t know who, but it was Bucky something or other and no not Bucky from American Idol. We got his photo and autograph.

We saw Seth Wescott, Michelle Kwan, Bonnie Blair, Bruce Jenner, Amanda Beard, Brian Urlacher, Charles Tillman, and lots more.

I was pretty hot so I was in the not care, we can do whatever mode. We let Samantha and Charming do the putting green and then we decided to head out of the Zone. Upon the exit we were given the Speedstick bags again…I mean, do they think the guests have a hygiene problem – this was about the 44th time they have tried to give us some…are we smelly?

We go back out to the hat and there is Chris Berman.

He is one of my favorite ESPN personalities. He is just so cool and laid back. Between the shoots he was answering questions and just talking to the crowd – which wasn’t that big by the way. We noticed people lined up for the parade. We were right on the taped line where the cut off was, a perfect place to just stand. We assumed the parade would include the celebrities since on special weekends they usually do and we’ve never seen the MGM parade so we decide to park and stick it out.

Got lots of photos and we had great seats except for the people behind us. Now if you remember me saying prior, Charming has a hurt knee which he is having surgery on next week. He was able to walk but it was wrapped and it doesn’t take a rocket scientist to see that, he had on shorts so it wasn’t hidden. The people behind us seemed to be a woman and a kid – probably 10 or 11. The mom starts out subtle by saying things like “oh I am sure he won’t mind” “it’s your first MGM parade” – you get the point. She is wanting Charming to offer them to get in front on him – away from his gorgeous wife and unable to see the joy and excitement in his children’s eyes. Dude – displays like this make me sick. I am normally a generous person and would have - on my own - asked if her daughter wanted to sit in front of the stroller. But lately I just can't seem to be the bigger or better person my Grandmother was always telling me about. This is when my red hair temper gets me into Bad Girl mode.

Charming is 6’4” so I can understand most people won’t be able to see over him. But we are on the hat side of the street. There is no curb on which to sit on…and everyone else is standing as well, including the how ever many deep behind all of the front row people. I am sorry but we had waited there. We knew what the line was for and we had waited. Should Charming have to go to the back of the crowd so everyone else’s kid could be right up front? Don't answer that.

After her repeating these comments for a few minutes she finally asks Charming if her kid can sit in front of him. She tells her daughter loudly – don’t hurt the mans knee and stay still. Being the nice guy he is he says sure. Big mistake. The kid would fidgit - as any excited child and she managed to hit Charming’s knee every time. He was a good sport and did not kick her or anything. I was thinking about it. NO - kidding here too!

But this is a pet peeve of mine and a main main reason we don't do parades. Bottom line – DO NOT USE YOUR KIDS TO GET UP FRONT. It ain’t my problem that you didn’t secure a place to watch the parade from. I mean this is why people line up and wait!

But she didn’t ruin it completely for us. Alice made a special appearance to us and held Samantha’s hand and asked her to a tea party.

Every face character waved and blew kisses at the girls…they are just so darn cute how can you not?

After the parade we did a dumb thing and exited! How silly is that? Took us a few minutes to get out but I think we were all ready to go. We stayed much later than I thought we would. As we head back to our car – get this, it’s a real kicker – the dog lady/man is still in the car!! That poor dog has been in that car in this heat all flippin’ day! I couldn’t believe, some other people in our row were commenting loudly and were trying to call animal services. I am not sure how much could be done considering there was a person also in the car. But that really bugged me.

Everyone got loaded up and we were on our way back to All Star Sports….of course Samantha and Haley were both asleep within a few seconds.

Last edited by lillygator; 04-13-2006 at 10:32 PM.
Old 04-11-2006, 01:50 PM   #12
kimwim8
Won't admit to anything
I blame my kids for sucking all of my memory and intelligence

YEAH! It's baaaack! Can't wait to read more & see the pics along with the report. Thanks for bringing it back, Vanessa.
Old 04-11-2006, 04:07 PM   #13
krismom
New Rule:
The first person to reply on any thread needs to quote the OP. That way when someone does the delete of nevermind edit we know what was there.

I thought I lost you! I couldn't find the ending- and where are the pics? keep the great story coming!
Old 04-12-2006, 03:41 AM   #14
Minniespal

The Original 'Free Spirit'
Who's Next??

Can't wait for more and to see the piccies.
Old 04-13-2006, 05:09 PM   #15
silverangel879
Who you callin' a princess? It's PIRATE PRINCESS to you!

Great Report!!!...One question, Did you remove your photos? I remebered seeing the first threads with photos. But Know I can't see any of them...

Anyways....LOVED the report .....Bad Girl Style!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: