Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-13-2006, 10:27 AM   #136
LaLa
Hangs with the Mensas
Uses her boss as a coat rack while she dances
Dreams of running with the big dogs

Nicolemarie, Nicolemarie, Nicolemarie.

That was awesome.

I loved the ending and am so glad you lurked on the tech boards and figured out how to post your pics and video. They were awesome. I had goose bumps and tears in my eyes as I watched Illuminations. For just a few minutes this Saturday, I was not sitting in front of my computer. I was at Epicot. I was watching my absolute favorite fireworks show ever. The only thing missing was a funnel cake.

You ROCK, Nicolemarie. Even if you didn't graduate in 89.

Last edited by LaLa; 05-13-2006 at 10:28 AM. Reason: BTW, was that your DH rounding up the troops at the end of Wishes? Too funny. My DH does the exact same thing.
Old 05-13-2006, 11:27 AM   #137
kpk89
I know that you know that I kn...well, you get the pic
What is a po-tro-ast?
mumbling and looking at floor

nicolemarie, I loved it! I have little tears from the Spectromagic song. We have the cd and it never ever gets old. It sort of summarizes the Disney experience, doesn't it?

Love your pictures -- especially the ones of the kids on the coasters. Too precious!

Last edited by kpk89; 05-13-2006 at 11:28 AM. Reason: cast a spell of li-ight, glimmering, shimmering, carousel-ing ...
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-13-2006, 12:03 PM   #138
lillygator

Mom of two Princesses!
Grew up wanting to be a can can girl
let's just say my whoop whoop's woke the sleeping giant!

Loved the FP mgmt pic!! So cute!
Hide the rum, the 2007 Bad Girl Adventures have begun!
'04 ~ Pop, AKL, ASMo, WL & Wonder Cruise!
'05 ~ ASMo, CBR, CSR, ASMu, Pop, Poly & Eastern Cruise!
'06 ~ POR, ASSports, ASMusic x 2, AKL, BWI, POP & Double Dip Cruise!
'07 ~ CBR, ASMo, BCV x 2, OKW, Orlando Breeze, POP!!
'08 ~ Offsite Knight's Inn YUCK! ~ Stealing the Magic ~ May Repo! Candy Cane Inn!
'09 ~ May DCL Western~Key Lime Pirates!
Old 05-14-2006, 08:44 PM   #139
nicolemarie
DIS Veteran

Taking a cue from one of the best...

Don't you just love LaLa? She is always "conversing" with her trip report posters. Showing the love. Giving them props. Whatever you want to call it, she is thankful they read and enjoy. Me too. So I'm taking some manners lessons from her.

GA Cat - Thanks for all your kind words. We really should schedule a get-together. Maybe ya'll can come swim sometime. I'll pull out the cool slide show DVD I made of our trip(with Spectro music as the background track). You bring some handmade Princess costumes. Good times.

ZZUB - Glad I "totally got you" with the ready to go home bit! It really pained me to even write such heresy on my report. I had to end the paragraph quickly. Like I told LaLa, I think our families have some parallels and would enjoy each other's company. Your humor is much like my husband's. And so is your constant internal conflict with parting with your money.

LaLa - I've already said my stuff on your TR - but the Ladies DO love Cool James, don't they!

Kim - You are SO right about the Spectro music!! As I said to GA, I used that music as the background track to my slide show DVD of our vacation. It really does sum up the "Disney feeling."

Jen - Thanks for your posts - by the way, the lady that looks so miserable in the OJ pic is actually working at the Florida Welcome Center, not Disney. Her expression is quite funny! Maybe she's Susie Helpershoes sister?

Beana, Kasey, Cynderella, Alite - Thanks for your kind words.

And Vickie - I might just post some more pics! I have plenty, you know!

Thanks all!!

NicoleMarie

"Better is one day in Your courts than a thousand elsewhere." Psalm 84:10

What I learned from the DIS - Spring Break 2006 (with pics!!)

Are We Turkeys? - Thanksgiving 2006 at WDW

Last edited by nicolemarie; 05-14-2006 at 08:50 PM.
Old 05-15-2006, 12:35 AM   #140
videogal1
Boogie Queen
Remember to pack the can opener

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelrose
Home Depot sells a Disney line of paint. The lime green Mickey's are their paint samples. We all take a few home and use them on our luggage or backpacks or whatever to identify us as DISers.

Actually, I believe the appropriate color has traditionally been Alien Green but I use lime green, too, because of the scarcity of the Alien Green paint chip, a situation that completely mystifies me. The thought that there could be more than ten Texans living in the vicinity of my local Home Depot who would be interested in painting anything Alien Green, causing a severe shortage in that color paint chip, positively frightens me...

Great TR, Nicolemarie
Loved it, mean it
Inaugural 10-day Holiday Magic December '04
Inaugural Westward Repositioning cruise May '05
Service Dog Training cruise (HAL) November '04
BWI, BC, AKL, POP, POR, Poly, Sequoia (DLP) between '93 and 2003.

Last edited by videogal1; 05-15-2006 at 12:58 AM.
Old 05-15-2006, 09:32 AM   #141
savs
Mouseketeer

I believe you are still missing one thing from your last trip report.......what is the magic secret to the Fast Passes...come on tell us.....please!
Old 05-15-2006, 08:39 PM   #142
cjhinch
Mouseketeer

I LOVED reading your report.........I am also an up and coming "Disney Geek"........and proud of it!

First attempt at a PTR!:http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1850788
The "HOW DID I PULL THIS ONE OUT OF MY HAT?" Trip Report! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....0#post27349670
Old 05-15-2006, 09:17 PM   #143
notnothin
A Pirate's Life For Me

Fantastic trip report. Thanks for sharing your memories with us all.

Old 05-15-2006, 09:45 PM   #144
Mamiamjo
"M-I-C... S-E"

Great Report, I loved It!

I really appreciate you sharing your trip with us. I'm sure we all enjoyed it "almost" as much as you did.

The pictures were great also.

Mike
Old 05-15-2006, 10:03 PM   #145
luvmyboys
WoW Widow
Us non-confrontational people aren't very skilled at laying down the law!
I shed worse than an English sheepdog!
I got one leg stuck in the holey knee

Wow. I'm 600 miles from Disney yet feel like I just went on a ride! Thanks so much nicolemarie! I love your writing style, and your smarty "pants" sense of humor-- sooo like my own! And I can totally envision my DH at breakfast w/ a stack of receipts, and perhaps even a calculator. Talk about a buzzkill!! Can't wait for the next "Smith" family WDW vacation & TR!
Old 05-26-2006, 03:36 PM   #146
GADISNEYGIRL
Maelstromer!
aka Marky Mark's Wife

AWESOME!!! Very nice, very entertaining, very magical...every bit of it!

And I have a secret tip, too. Regarding your son. So...if you are interested in swapping information...ahem...I might be interested, too.

Pre-DS : Many short (offsite) trips prior to 98; Contemporary, Concierge-Honeymoon 06/98; Contemporary 08/00; Off-site 12/00; Trips with DS : All Star Movies 09/03; All Star Movies 04/04; All Star Movies 05/04; Pop Century 09/04; All Star Movies/Pop Century 12/04; All Star Movies/Boardwalk Inn 02/05; Villas at the Wilderness Lodge 07/05; Pop Century Girls' Shopping/Eating Weekend 09/05; Coronado Springs impromptu for-our-sanity trip 11/05; Grand Floridian/MVMCP One Nighter 12/05; 1 night All Star Movies, 10 nights Wilderness Lodge 01/06; PO~Riverside 02/06 With Friends!; Farewell to Jen Weekend~CSR 02/06; Girls' (and Wesley!) Weekend~ASSp 05/06; Anniversary Trip~Contemporary 05/06; Broken Arm Trip~Yacht Club 07/06; Farewell to Cindybration~09/06; Prince Wesley Returns to the World~Riverside 09-10/06; Farewell AP Trip~AKL 01/07; Reunion with a friend~ASSp 02/07; PPP No More Stress Trip~08/07 CSR
Old 05-27-2006, 06:41 AM   #147
sheridac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We’ve connected as a family in a way that the busyness of life outside the World does not allow.
NM~ that is the greatest fastpass of all. Even bettter than that fantastical ride in Norway. You know. The one that goes backwards? With the scary drop?

Last edited by sheridac; 05-27-2006 at 06:41 AM. Reason: maelstrom
Old 05-30-2006, 10:02 PM   #148
princessjv
DIS Veteran

I have read this TR front to back! Thanks for the great trip down memory lane. I had goosy bumps reading/watching your ending!

Old 06-02-2006, 03:29 PM   #149
croach
Mouseketeer

“Por favor, mantanganse alejadro de las puertas.”

I don't know how to copy quotes sorry.

My wife and and I love that saying too! It always makes us laugh for some crazy reason. We walk around saying it all the time!

(Just to note this not my site or anything like that-just a cool place to get cool shirts.) The best thing though is I found a site that sells t-shirts with that saying on the back. I wear it all the time. They also have some other neat ones like " We wants the redhead."

Go to www.wdwvirtualvisit.com and click on The Emporium. That will take you to an EBAY store with some great Disney t-shirts. I guess I should also mention that the site allows you to feel like you are walking around Disney

That was a great trip report! It always good to know that other people "get it" too. Truly wonderful report.

Old 06-02-2006, 11:01 PM   #150
HaleyB
I am a good sister. Mostly.
I am cunfuzzled now
Wait!! You're a guy???!?

Love the pictures, got any more?

Fantastic report NM. Loved reading it.

Lost and Found with the Sillies, a Trip Report of sorts
Not so Much a Savings... a 2005 Trip Report.

Phbbbt! by steven_and_haley_bach, Hedgehog Blog!http://princesspricklepants.wordpress.com/

Recent Trips: Aug 2010 AKL/BWV; Sept 2010 Hawaii; December 2010 Disneyland; Jan 2011 Mexico Cruise with the girls; Feb 2011 GF Maelstrom Meet; Feb 2011 Anniversary trip AKL CL with 1 night Platinum Plan. May/June 2011 Family trip; GF CL Sept 2012; Bonnet Creek May 2012; YC CL Sept 2013;

[center]Invalid Thread specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator
The Silly Trip Report/Epic (2006 Trip Report) NEW again on 8/31/07 part 21!! Dude!!
Not so Much a Savings... a 2005 Trip Report.
[URL=http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1157739]

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: