Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-12-2006, 03:21 PM   #1
Karnak
DIS Veteran

Is there any way to link ...

... the sections of a report, so that one could read the entire thing without having to scan big time to find the next, or the previous, post by the same author?

Most of these reports are really well written, and I'd like to read some of them, but I'm not having much luck finding a report that I can read all the way through without searching page after page to find it all.

What am I doing wrong? Is there a way to do this?

Thanks.

17 previous visits to WDW; the first was on July 5, 1978.
BoardWalk Inn, The Disney Insitute, Polynesian Resort, Contemporary Resort, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Port Orleans Riverside and the French Quarter.

No visit to WDW planned at this time.
Old 08-12-2006, 09:33 PM   #2
OhMari
WDW PreTrip and Trip Moderator

DISboards Moderator

Hi Karnak
There is a way, but it takes a little bit of work. You can click on the posters name and then click on previous post, or previous threads that the person posted to. After you are done reading a post to the thread, you have to X out that page and go back to the original page. Some members say, this is Day, 1-part 2, Day 1- part 3 etc, so you will have to do a little bit of searching on you part if you go this route. I use this procedure when a member doesn't stay in the same thread, and they make a seperate thread for each part of their trip report. I would say about 1/2 of our posters do this yet.

Many DIS members like the responses, questions etc., they receive in their Trip Report. Sometimes a member will post a link in their signature so you can find each section without going through the whole thread. Some will also post in their title what page to look for and the date. This helps also, so you don't keep clicking on the report and then not finding the DIS member didn't post anything new.

Otherwise you just have to scan the thread for the rest of the Trip Report.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-13-2006, 12:35 AM   #3
MissMagnolia
DIS Veteran

I just make sure I subscribe to the ones I enjoy so that when the person posting the report adds another installment I can see it on my User CP.

Past DL visits & Past Off-Site WDW Visits:
Disneyland, CA x3, WDW - Embassy Suites x2, WDW - rental home
Past On-Site WDW Visits:
All-Star Movies x2, Caribbean Beach Resort , Pop Century , Beach Club , All-Star Sports , Polynesian , Upcoming: Port Orleans-Riverside

Old 08-13-2006, 12:10 PM   #4
Karnak
DIS Veteran

Thanks y'all. Seems like a bit of searching in any case. Guess I'll tend to skip the reports until the DIS folks find a way to make it easier to follow one report at a time.

Thanks.

17 previous visits to WDW; the first was on July 5, 1978.
BoardWalk Inn, The Disney Insitute, Polynesian Resort, Contemporary Resort, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Port Orleans Riverside and the French Quarter.

No visit to WDW planned at this time.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: