Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > The Creative Community > Cooking
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-01-2006, 06:51 PM   #1
skuttle
Counting the days until our next trip!

Turkey breast and crock pot?

Anyone have a good recipe for a turkey breast and a crock pot? DH and I eat out way too much, usually because neither one of us feels like cooking when we get hom from work. I found a bunch of neat recipes here on the DIS for the crock pot, but I haven't really found a crock pot recipe for turkey breast. Thanks!
Old 04-01-2006, 07:21 PM   #2
Molly K
Grants Mom

I am thinking the same thing. My mom has made it by sticking it in the pot, with one can of cream of celery, one can of cream of chicken, pinch of s & p, garlic powder and let it cook. I have a breast that is to big for my pot though (right now) so I got a suggestion from some gal to put it in the roaster, cover the breast with raw bacon, put it in the oven on 280 for about 8 hours (the breast/bird shoud be frozen) I think I might try that.
Hope this mess of words helps you out!
Register to remove

Old 04-01-2006, 07:26 PM   #3
piratesmate
Drah-gun! I don't do that tongue thing!
I actually used to be smart...before I had kids & brain damage

I haven't tried this because I always use my roaster for turkey, but here's a crockpot recipe for turkey breast:

Fresh Herbed Turkey Breast

1/8 cup butter, softened
1/4 cup fresh sage, minced
1/4 cup fresh tarragon, minced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp salt
1 4 lb turkey breast
1 1/2 Tbs cornstarch

In a small bowl, create a compound butter by mixing together the softened butter, sage, tarragon, garlic, pepper and salt. Rub this compound butter all over the turkey breast. Place turkey breast in the slow cooker. Cover; cook on Low for 8 to 10 hours or on High for 4 to 5 hours. Remove the turkey breast from the stoneware. While the slow cooker is on High, slowly whisk the cornstarch to thicken the sauce. When the sauce is thick and smooth, pour over the turkey breast. Slice to serve.

- - - - - - -
Although I roast mine, this would work for the crock I'd think too.

2 – 3 oranges or lemons
½ c orange juice or
¼ c lemon juice
Cut oranges or lemons into 1/4" slices & slide under the skin. (You have to put your hand/fingers in first to loosen the skin.) Then squeeze juice over the skin. (When I use a whole bird, I throw any extra pieces of fruit inside the cavity.) Then rub with...

Kosher salt
½ - ¾ tsp lemon pepper
1 tsp thyme
1 tsp ground celery seed
½ tsp lemon zest (I use dried)
¾ tsp orange rind (I use dried)

This is awesome!!
Old 04-16-2006, 12:33 PM   #4
Boo'sMom
Talks to the people in LK's head
all you folks need to come to New England this weekend
waaaaaaaaay too chipper this early skippy.......

Our grocery store sell the hotel turkey breast (just the breast, no legs or wings) and it's prepackaged with a pouch of turkey gravy.
I dump the gravy in the bottom of the crock pot, add the turkey breast and cook for 8 hours. My family likes turkey this way much better than roasted.
It comes out nice and moist and falls off the bone
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 08:24 AM   #5
KAMommy
I am ADDICTED to America's Next Top Model!!!
Matthew & his abs could eat crackers in my bed anytime!
As long as I have radioactive orange goo under my fingernails, I am happy

The absolute easiest way to do a turkey breast is to just get it thawed, rub it with salt and pepper, stick an onion and maybe some celery in the bird, then put it in the crock pot on low for about 10 hours. No water, no nothing. The crock pot will fill about 1/4 up with turkey juice, and the constant condensation on the lid keeps it basted. I do this all the time and it works wonderfully, even if it isn't fancy.

See our crew, trip reports, and scrapbooking stuff - www.tndisneyfreaks.com

June 1987 - Offsite *** October 2001 - ASM *** June 2002 - WL *** June 2003 - Disney Wonder & OKW *** December 2003 - BCV First trip HOME! *** June 2004 - Hilton Head *** October 2004 - Pop *** May 2005 - Disney Wonder *** October 2005 - OKW *** June 2006 - BCV *** October 2006 - WLV *** March 2007 - Old Key West *** June 2007 - Vero Beach *** UPCOMING *** October 2007 - SSR *** July 2008 - Disney Wonder with two stops in paradise (Castaway Cay)
KAMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 10:54 AM   #6
Twigs
DIS Cast Member
I got tagged even though I wasn't optimistic!

I posted this recipe last november from a cookbook I had from a thread with a similar request. Lindababe from the boards here made it and said she liked it. I just tried it a few weeks ago and it was very good, even DH liked it!

Turkey Roast Chablis

3/4 c. dry white wine
1/2 c. chopped onion
1 clove garlic, minced
1 bay leaf
1 3 - 3 1/2 lb boneless turkey roast
1 tsp. dried rosemary, crushed
1/4 tsp. pepper
1/3 c. light cream or milk
2 T. cornstarch
1/8 tsp. salt

In crock pot combine wine, onion, garlic, and bay leaf. If turkey is wrapped in netting, remove and discard. If gravy packet is included, remove and refrigerate for another use. Combine rosemary and pepper. Rub roast with rosemary mixture. Place turkey in cooker.

Cover; cook on low-heat setting for 10 - 12 hours or on high for 4 1/2 - 5 1/2 hours. Remove roast and keep warm. For gravy, strain cooking juices; discard solids. Skim fat from juices. Measure 1 1/3 c. juices into a small saucepan. Combine cream or milk, cornstarch, and salt; stir into juices. Cook and stir till thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir 2 minutes more.

Slice turkey roast. Spoon some gravy over roast. Makes 6 - 8 servings.

(Not recommened for 1 quart cooker)
Old 05-02-2006, 03:21 PM   #7
jiminyC_fan
Missing Captain Mickey!
always let your conscience be your guide
Gotta love popcorn!

This is kind of crazy and simple but it will give you the most moist turkey breast you have ever eaten. Put the turkey breast in the crockpot skin side DOWN and pour a can of chicken broth over it and cook all day long. It is so moist. Make sure to pour the drippings over the leftover turkey to keep it moist.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: