Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 08-07-2006, 10:58 AM   #121
Princess19
I BELIEVE
Hooked up Sista
 
Princess19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: South FL
Posts: 255

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnie61650
Woo Hoo

Great news. The Suites are a set price just like the villas. 1-6 adults can sleep in the suites for the same price!

Let the party begin!
What?! That's awesome!!
Princess19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 09:19 AM   #122
SuzieQMomof3
Mom to (now) 4 great kids!
 
SuzieQMomof3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Southern New Jersey
Posts: 413

I just returned from a three day stay at the ASMu Family Suites. Linda, the All Stars Grand Maven, has asked me to write a review so here it is:

First off, to answer your question, Linda, I think the coffee valet packets were in the room already. I don't drink coffee, so I'm not sure.

Our stay was very nice, but I don't think we'll stay there again. All the CMs were very nice, but I missed a lot of the little touches that I've grown accustomed to as a DVC member.

The kitchenette was really just a dorm-like refrigerator and a microwave. I made popcorn once, but other than that I really couldn't use it as a kitchen. I don't do a lot of cooking when we stay, but I usually need a bigger refrigerator and like a stove to make tea in the morning.

There is only a small table in the room. We had to eat breakfast in shifts.

We are a family with 4 kids (ages 2-11) and the sleeping arrangements were fine, but there was very little room in the main room when the beds were open.

The fan/AC unit was very noisy. Although my husband and I could close the door on it, my children could not because it was in the hallway.

Housekeeping was great.

I had no trouble at all with busses, although I've heard some people have.

We were in Jazz Inn, so the walk to the pool, food court, and bus wasn't so bad.

The reason we probably won't stay there again had nothing to do with the Family Suites, but the resort itself. The pools don't have slides, which my kids all like. The pools don't offer towels, which is really nice when you have four kids (spoken by the mom who ends up carrying everything ).There is only one bus stop for the whole resort. Like I said, our walk to the bus stop wasn't too bad, but I'd hate to be any farther back than we were. The queue for the bus is not covered. The value resort bus stops seem to be the farthest away when leaving any park. The foodcourt was noisy-even when it wasn't crowded.

I would stay here again like I did this time, to extend my trip for a few days, but I don't think I would stay a whole week.

I can't remember what we paid per night, but no discounts were available. We also spent 2 nights at Port Orleans Riverside for $105 per night. We enjoyed POR much more. We got more for our money at POR.

Hope this helps.
Susan
__________________
1984 Off-site
1988 High School Senior Trip
1999 Old Key West
2002 Wilderness Lodge
2003 Caribbean Beach
2004 Beach Club Villas
2005 Saratoga Springs
2006 Fort Wilderness Cabins
2006 OKW/All Star Movies/Port Orleans Riverside

~Mom & Dad and...

~4 sweet kids that melt in the sun
SuzieQMomof3 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 08-14-2006, 09:44 AM   #123
minnie61650


DIS Veteran
 
minnie61650's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: On a Lake in Southeast Michigan,Snowbird home Bonita Springs,Florida
Posts: 9,108

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzieQMomof3
I just returned from a three day stay at the ASMu Family Suites. Linda, the All Stars Grand Maven, has asked me to write a review so here it is:

First off, to answer your question, Linda, I think the coffee valet packets were in the room already. I don't drink coffee, so I'm not sure.

Our stay was very nice, but I don't think we'll stay there again. All the CMs were very nice, but I missed a lot of the little touches that I've grown accustomed to as a DVC member.

The kitchenette was really just a dorm-like refrigerator and a microwave. I made popcorn once, but other than that I really couldn't use it as a kitchen. I don't do a lot of cooking when we stay, but I usually need a bigger refrigerator and like a stove to make tea in the morning.

There is only a small table in the room. We had to eat breakfast in shifts.

We are a family with 4 kids (ages 2-11) and the sleeping arrangements were fine, but there was very little room in the main room when the beds were open.

The fan/AC unit was very noisy. Although my husband and I could close the door on it, my children could not because it was in the hallway.

Housekeeping was great.

I had no trouble at all with busses, although I've heard some people have.

We were in Jazz Inn, so the walk to the pool, food court, and bus wasn't so bad.

The reason we probably won't stay there again had nothing to do with the Family Suites, but the resort itself. The pools don't have slides, which my kids all like. The pools don't offer towels, which is really nice when you have four kids (spoken by the mom who ends up carrying everything ).There is only one bus stop for the whole resort. Like I said, our walk to the bus stop wasn't too bad, but I'd hate to be any farther back than we were. The queue for the bus is not covered. The value resort bus stops seem to be the farthest away when leaving any park. The foodcourt was noisy-even when it wasn't crowded.

I would stay here again like I did this time, to extend my trip for a few days, but I don't think I would stay a whole week.

I can't remember what we paid per night, but no discounts were available. We also spent 2 nights at Port Orleans Riverside for $105 per night. We enjoyed POR much more. We got more for our money at POR.

Hope this helps.
Susan
Thanks for your review.

Thanks also for pointing out the suites have a kitchenette and while it is great for preparing snacks they are not made for cooking or eating full meals.
I hope you were aware that there was only a kitchenette at the suites when you booked them. It would be very disappointing if someone was expecting a full kitchen and found out it was just a kitchenette.

*Note*
DVC's and FW cabins offer full kitchens for those who need or want a full kitchen.
__________________
Info thread Family Suites at All Star Music
Info thread Family Suites at All Star Music vs. POR
DL 1959 1st trip I was 9 and caught the Magic,DL 79 ~1st trip WDW 10/71It was brand new~ 71'-99' FWx2~Disney Inn~CBR~Hilton~CR MK view ~RP ~DoubleTree ~01'-11'~ASMo~ASMu6x~Dolphin3x CSR,SSR
minnie61650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 09:51 AM   #124
flea1267
DIS Veteran
 
flea1267's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 938

subscribing....these suites look really nice
__________________
Felicia
To God Be The Glory For All My Many Blessings!
Felicia (me) Mitch (DH) Jennie (DD) Will (DS)

flea1267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 01:17 PM   #125
Partyof12
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 99

Thanks everyone for the great information. We are staying there in November and really looking forward to it!
Partyof12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 07:20 PM   #126
DannyDisneyFreak
Por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas.
 
DannyDisneyFreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Niagara Falls, NY
Posts: 2,614

So would most agree that the pull out bed is comfy?
Would one of the chair or ottoman beds fit in the master bedroom for a three yr old to sleep on before the adults go to bed?
Does the mousekeeping make fold up the pull-outs if you leave them out?
Thanks!
__________________
“Look at all the happy people who have come to visit us today.”
DannyDisneyFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 09:15 PM   #127
nhpooh
I just can't stop visiting this board
We are getting hotter and more humid each year
By the time I come back I will be lost again
 
nhpooh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Nashua,NH
Posts: 5,381

Quote:
Originally Posted by abie
I made a seperate post but I'll copy it here. I'll have pics in a couple of days after we sort through them all....



Me, DH, and DS11 just got back from 5 nights in the All Star Music Suites.

We were in 2436 in the Jazz building. The room was on one of the rows that shoot straight back toward the parking lot about 3/4 of the way down on the first floor. Basically you make a right at the drum set and head straight back.

The location was very quiet. I don't think we heard a single person the whole week. It was not far away from the pool or main area.

The room was perfect for us. DS slept in the living room area and DH and I slept in the bedroom.

DS had a lot of fun trying all the different beds in the living area. He proclaimed that the couch bed was great for at night but the chair bed was best for naps. He didn't like the footstool bed but said it would be good for a smaller kid.

The only complaint I have about the room is that the bathroom for the master bedroom area is on the other side of the kitchen. It would have been nicer for me if it was within the master bedroom area, or if there was a door to the kitchen area that could be closed. I had to be careful not to wake DS going to the bathroom at night, and no walking around nekkid between the bedroom and bathroom.

Mouskeeping did a great job all week. The resort was clean, everyone was very friendly.

We only used the food court for snacks but I did see people eating burgers and pizzas. They seemed to be enjoying them.

The bus service was excellent! I could not believe how easy it was. I was very concerned about this when I went but the longest wait we had for an all stars bus was 10 minutes. One night we left MK after wishes. There were a ton of people and I was worried we would have a long wait. Within 10 minutes 3 busses stopped. We were on the third bus and the line was empty after that.

Sharing with Sports was soooo not a big deal. It's right next door and added about 2 minutes to our trips on the way back. On the way to the parks we never had to get into a crowded bus, even though they had stopped at sports first.

We took a cab to Boma and hopped on the AK bus to Magic Kingdom. We did wait about 15-20 minutes there.

Having the extra space, a fridge, microwave, coffee maker, 2 tvs, these things made the trip so much nicer than being crammed in one room with 2 double beds. I would choose this over a moderate or delux if it's the 3 of us going again.
Glad to hear your trip was good. We are talking about taking my DD(17) and her best friend also 17 to WDW for there graduation this spring. I have been looking into these suites, it sounds like this would be the best for us too. This way we could have our own bathrooms and tv's. They could sleep in if they wanted, now I have to tell DH this sounds like the way to go. Thanks for the report, it was helpful
__________________
DH ME DD (12/15/85-5/12/01) DD25 Ddog (2/20/01-3/19/10)Freckles Ddog(4/2011- Hunter
75-offsite-DL/ w/family 79-offsite -Honeymoon 85-offsite 89-offsite 94-offsite 96-WL 98-CSR 2000-CBR/Disney W. 2002-DL/Paradise Pier 2004-WL/25th annv. 2005-Portofino Bay/POFQ 2007-ASMu/Family suites, 2008-POFQ/first MVMCP, 2009-DL/Grand Californian, 5/2011-ASSp/girls weekend, 9/2011- Beach Club/with DH, 8/2013 -CBR/with DH and DD
nhpooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 07:33 PM   #128
princess sparkle p
DIS Veteran
Whoops, sorry. Got your tag a little wet while I was drooling on it.
 
princess sparkle p's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: North East- Ohio
Posts: 2,353

Thanks to all who posted here. We booked a family suite for our December trip!!!!!!!
__________________
Disney Trips: Lots and Lots!
Disney Cruises: Currently Gold and working my way to Platinum
Joined DVC in 2007 What were we waiting for???
princess sparkle p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 10:46 AM   #129
DannyDisneyFreak
Por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas.
 
DannyDisneyFreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Niagara Falls, NY
Posts: 2,614

Would one of the chair or ottoman beds fit in the master bedroom for a three yr old to sleep on before the adults go to bed?
-and-
Does the mousekeeping make and fold up the pull-outs if you leave them out?
__________________
“Look at all the happy people who have come to visit us today.”
DannyDisneyFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 10:09 AM   #130
DannyDisneyFreak
Por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas.
 
DannyDisneyFreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Niagara Falls, NY
Posts: 2,614

Not much going on here lately, I would love to hear from some more folks who have stayed here.
__________________
“Look at all the happy people who have come to visit us today.”
DannyDisneyFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 10:52 AM   #131
mickeyfan2
DIS Veteran
 
mickeyfan2's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Bull **** free zone
Posts: 16,084

I am guessing that the connecting entrance does not have a door. Is that correct?
mickeyfan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 01:10 PM   #132
minnie61650


DIS Veteran
 
minnie61650's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: On a Lake in Southeast Michigan,Snowbird home Bonita Springs,Florida
Posts: 9,108

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyDisneyFreak
So would most agree that the pull out bed is comfy?
Would one of the chair or ottoman beds fit in the master bedroom for a three yr old to sleep on before the adults go to bed?
Does the mousekeeping make fold up the pull-outs if you leave them out?
Thanks!
I am not sure.
I will check that out when I go next wek.

I am thinking if you move out the easy chair that is in the master area you may be able to put the ottoman foldout there.
__________________
Info thread Family Suites at All Star Music
Info thread Family Suites at All Star Music vs. POR
DL 1959 1st trip I was 9 and caught the Magic,DL 79 ~1st trip WDW 10/71It was brand new~ 71'-99' FWx2~Disney Inn~CBR~Hilton~CR MK view ~RP ~DoubleTree ~01'-11'~ASMo~ASMu6x~Dolphin3x CSR,SSR
minnie61650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 01:21 PM   #133
paslea_pooh
DIS Veteran
 
paslea_pooh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Getting my priorties straight !!!
Posts: 1,440

Is it a set price regardless of how many adults ??

Example 6 people

DH, me, DD(18) and 3 younger DD's.


Does mousekeeping come Everyday ? And do they make up the pullout beds as well ??

We've never stayed at a value. We've either done moderate or recently have done DVC. This time around we are staying offsite b/c there is nothing available for when we are going. I really wanted to stay at BCV or BWV with the kids but it's booked solid.

Will we like this resort ? We're used to alot of space. 4 girls. They need alot of bathroom time !
__________________
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ebay Id ~ paslea1987




[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
paslea_pooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 01:39 PM   #134
minnie61650


DIS Veteran
 
minnie61650's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: On a Lake in Southeast Michigan,Snowbird home Bonita Springs,Florida
Posts: 9,108

Quote:
Originally Posted by paslea_pooh
Is it a set price regardless of how many adults ??

Example 6 people

DH, me, DD(18) and 3 younger DD's.


Does mousekeeping come Everyday ? And do they make up the pullout beds as well ??

We've never stayed at a value. We've either done moderate or recently have done DVC. This time around we are staying offsite b/c there is nothing available for when we are going. I really wanted to stay at BCV or BWV with the kids but it's booked solid.

Will we like this resort ? We're used to alot of space. 4 girls. They need alot of bathroom time !
Yes, the Suites are one set price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnie61650
Woo Hoo

Great news. The Suites are a set price just like the villas. 1-6 adults can sleep in the suites for the same price!

Let the party begin!
Mousekeeping comes everyday.
Not sure if Mousekeeping fold up pull outs or leaves them folded out after making up the room.

I have asked this before. Does anyone know?


Room size Comparison:

Pop Century/All Stars-260 Square Feet
CS, POR/POFQ-314 SF
Caribbean Beach-340 SF
Wilderness Lodge-344 SF
AKL-344 SF
Yacht/Beach-381 SF
Boardwalk-385 SF
Polynesian-409 SF
Contemporary-436 SF
Grand Floridian-about 400-440SF
Ft Wilderness Cabins-504 SF
Family suites at All Star Music -520 SF
__________________
Info thread Family Suites at All Star Music
Info thread Family Suites at All Star Music vs. POR
DL 1959 1st trip I was 9 and caught the Magic,DL 79 ~1st trip WDW 10/71It was brand new~ 71'-99' FWx2~Disney Inn~CBR~Hilton~CR MK view ~RP ~DoubleTree ~01'-11'~ASMo~ASMu6x~Dolphin3x CSR,SSR
minnie61650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 10:01 AM   #135
MARY-IN-OH
DIS Veteran
 
MARY-IN-OH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: NE Ohio
Posts: 1,142

Minnie 61650 - Linda,
I have seen so many posts by you helping people with info!! Have a great trip! I'm excited for you!! Can't wait to read reviews when you return !!!
-mary
__________________
Dec 98 ASMu- - March 04 Pop- - Dec 06 OKW/Pop- -Sept 07 POFQ- - Oct 07 ASMo - - May 08 Pop/OKW - - Jan09 SSR- -Sept 09 BWV- -Dec 09 ASMo/OKW - -June 10 Pop/BCV- -Sept 10 AKV Kidani - -MAY 20, 2011 SSR/AKV JAMBO - - SEPT 9, 2011 - CBR & BWV STD VIEW 2 NTS BCV 1BR, and 4 NTS BWV 1BR STD SEPT 16 to 22nd 2012 Feb 5-12, 2013 - 2 nts POR royal room & 5 nights SSR- - Sept 7-8, 2 nts CBR and Sept 9-14, 5 nts at BWV Std view- - - Upcoming: DEC 10 - 17, 2013 SPLIT STAY OKW/SSR w/DH
MARY-IN-OH is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:24 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: