Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-17-2006, 05:13 PM   #106
Goofy22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by my_try
Thank you once again for the EXCELLENT information Linda. I showed my children pictures of the Calypso pool (at the All-Star Movies Hotel) and they said that they do not mind losing Stormalong Bay (@ the Beach Club) which is where they swam the last time we went to WDW. I guess the decision is up to my husband and I now. See, our favorite resort is Epcot (which was walking distance from the Beach Club Villas where we stayed on our last trip). I just don't know if the move to the All-Star Movies Hotel is worth giving up the walk to Epcot at a moments notice. The decision is killing me. I even dreamt about it Sunday night...lol

I do have one question however, when I called WDW they told me that peak season began on February 16th. Have you heard differently?

Thanks again Linda!

Kathy
I am in the same boat ! We stayed at BCV our last stay the kids loved the pool we were there more than at the parks! But we will have the extended family this time it is there first visit and I think the theming at the All Stars is Superb for kids! So when I found out they opened the suites we booked right away! We are going over Easter!
Goofy22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 08:12 PM   #107
kath1210
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnie61650
whetstone reported that he thought the bed was the same size as their bed at the Dolphin. The beds at the Dolphin are extra long doubles.

However,Disney has confirmed it is a Queen size bed in the suites.
Thanks, Linda! I hope that is right. We have stayed at many hotels that called double beds "queens", so I am a little skeptical. Oh well, if it's a double, DH will just have to camp out with the kids!!

kath1210 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-17-2006, 09:00 PM   #108
all4disneyworld
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by abie
I will be staying in an ASMu suite for 5 nights starting next Sat. If there is anything specifically that I can find out about the Suites, Resort, take a picture of, etc.. Please update this thread and I will do my best to get them.

Thanks!
Abie

I would love to see your pictures and hear about your trip. We made our reservations for the suites and when the Free Dining Special was announced and we found out we couldn't stay in the suites and use the plan we switched to (hopefully) connecting rooms. This will be our first time at ASMu. We have stayed at ASMo the last two times but, now that Dd's are 12 we thought we would try something new.
This trp has grown and is also our first trip as a Grand Gathering, 11 of us. So now we have a total of 4 rooms...

Have a great trip!
Old 07-18-2006, 02:04 PM   #109
whetstone
Disaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kath1210
Thanks, Linda! I hope that is right. We have stayed at many hotels that called double beds "queens", so I am a little skeptical. Oh well, if it's a double, DH will just have to camp out with the kids!!
Knowing my luck, only room 2626 has the "double" size bed. I know the headboard was different then in the pictures posted and there was more room between the walls/bed and the night stands. I might just be spoiled by our king bed, but it sure didn't feel any bigger then any other hotels double beds.
Old 07-29-2006, 12:02 AM   #110
Barak's Disney
Mouseketeer

I want to try out one of these suites! I think they would be perfect for our family!
Barak's Disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 08:52 PM   #111
WDWCP_98
Earning My Ears

Wow! I had no idea they were doing anything like this. I'll have to remember this for our nexr trip.
WDWCP_98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 10:06 PM   #112
abie
Mouseketeer

We're back!

I made a seperate post but I'll copy it here. I'll have pics in a couple of days after we sort through them all....

Me, DH, and DS11 just got back from 5 nights in the All Star Music Suites.

We were in 2436 in the Jazz building. The room was on one of the rows that shoot straight back toward the parking lot about 3/4 of the way down on the first floor. Basically you make a right at the drum set and head straight back.

The location was very quiet. I don't think we heard a single person the whole week. It was not far away from the pool or main area.

The room was perfect for us. DS slept in the living room area and DH and I slept in the bedroom.

DS had a lot of fun trying all the different beds in the living area. He proclaimed that the couch bed was great for at night but the chair bed was best for naps. He didn't like the footstool bed but said it would be good for a smaller kid.

The only complaint I have about the room is that the bathroom for the master bedroom area is on the other side of the kitchen. It would have been nicer for me if it was within the master bedroom area, or if there was a door to the kitchen area that could be closed. I had to be careful not to wake DS going to the bathroom at night, and no walking around nekkid between the bedroom and bathroom.

Mouskeeping did a great job all week. The resort was clean, everyone was very friendly.

We only used the food court for snacks but I did see people eating burgers and pizzas. They seemed to be enjoying them.

The bus service was excellent! I could not believe how easy it was. I was very concerned about this when I went but the longest wait we had for an all stars bus was 10 minutes. One night we left MK after wishes. There were a ton of people and I was worried we would have a long wait. Within 10 minutes 3 busses stopped. We were on the third bus and the line was empty after that.

Sharing with Sports was soooo not a big deal. It's right next door and added about 2 minutes to our trips on the way back. On the way to the parks we never had to get into a crowded bus, even though they had stopped at sports first.

We took a cab to Boma and hopped on the AK bus to Magic Kingdom. We did wait about 15-20 minutes there.

Having the extra space, a fridge, microwave, coffee maker, 2 tvs, these things made the trip so much nicer than being crammed in one room with 2 double beds. I would choose this over a moderate or delux if it's the 3 of us going again.

Last trip:
Pop Sept 2007
Family Suite at the All Star Music resort July 22-27 2006
abie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 10:08 PM   #113
abie
Mouseketeer

Couple of other tidbits.

The Bed - i think it is a queen. It seemed bigger than the sofa bed in the living room that was a double. I didn't measure it but both me and DHs assessment was it was bigger.

Coffee Maker - The coffee Maker takes 4 inch basket filters. We took the cones instead and they worked fine. We didn't take enough, but we reused them (for 2 pots in the same morning) We checked the gift shop and they do not sell filters, so don't forget to take them.

Last trip:
Pop Sept 2007
Family Suite at the All Star Music resort July 22-27 2006
abie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 03:14 PM   #114
minnie61650

DIS Veteran

Location: On a Lake in Southeast Michigan,Snowbird home Bonita Springs,Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by abie
I made a seperate post but I'll copy it here. I'll have pics in a couple of days after we sort through them all....

Me, DH, and DS11 just got back from 5 nights in the All Star Music Suites.

We were in 2436 in the Jazz building. The room was on one of the rows that shoot straight back toward the parking lot about 3/4 of the way down on the first floor. Basically you make a right at the drum set and head straight back.

The location was very quiet. I don't think we heard a single person the whole week. It was not far away from the pool or main area.

The room was perfect for us. DS slept in the living room area and DH and I slept in the bedroom.

DS had a lot of fun trying all the different beds in the living area. He proclaimed that the couch bed was great for at night but the chair bed was best for naps. He didn't like the footstool bed but said it would be good for a smaller kid.

The only complaint I have about the room is that the bathroom for the master bedroom area is on the other side of the kitchen. It would have been nicer for me if it was within the master bedroom area, or if there was a door to the kitchen area that could be closed. I had to be careful not to wake DS going to the bathroom at night, and no walking around nekkid between the bedroom and bathroom.

Mouskeeping did a great job all week. The resort was clean, everyone was very friendly.

We only used the food court for snacks but I did see people eating burgers and pizzas. They seemed to be enjoying them.

The bus service was excellent! I could not believe how easy it was. I was very concerned about this when I went but the longest wait we had for an all stars bus was 10 minutes. One night we left MK after wishes. There were a ton of people and I was worried we would have a long wait. Within 10 minutes 3 busses stopped. We were on the third bus and the line was empty after that.

Sharing with Sports was soooo not a big deal. It's right next door and added about 2 minutes to our trips on the way back. On the way to the parks we never had to get into a crowded bus, even though they had stopped at sports first.

We took a cab to Boma and hopped on the AK bus to Magic Kingdom. We did wait about 15-20 minutes there.

Having the extra space, a fridge, microwave, coffee maker, 2 tvs, these things made the trip so much nicer than being crammed in one room with 2 double beds. I would choose this over a moderate or delux if it's the 3 of us going again.
What a great review abie!
Thanks for much for sharing.
I am so glad everything went well for your family and you enjoyed your stay there.

DH and I are looking forward to trying the Suites out in September.
minnie61650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 07:24 AM   #115
all4disneyworld
Mouseketeer

Hi Abie! Sounds like you had a great experience with the ASMu and suites. I recently read on the boards that the Fantasia pool at the ASMo will be closed for renovations during our visit so we are not disappointed any longer that we switched to the ASMu. This will be our first time there. Although we did not qualify for the suites, with free dining this time, we will try them in the future. Can't wait to see your pics!!!!!
Old 08-01-2006, 09:04 AM   #116
baileybelle
Dis Veteran

I have a question. We have 5 adults. Would we be charged $10 for each adult over the 2 adults per room like the regular resort rooms?
All Star Movie, August 1999
Buena Vista Suites (softball at Wide World of Sports) April 2002
Indian Point house rental, October 2004
Shades of Green (Hurricaine Wilma), October 2005
POP, April/May 2007
POP, April/May 2008
POP, Oct. 2009 (DS & DIL honeymoon)
POP, Oct. 2010
POP, Oct. 2011
POP, Oct. 2016
baileybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 09:04 AM   #117
minnie61650

DIS Veteran

Location: On a Lake in Southeast Michigan,Snowbird home Bonita Springs,Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by baileybelle
I have a question. We have 5 adults. Would we be charged $10 for each adult over the 2 adults per room like the regular resort rooms?
Woo Hoo

Great news. The Suites are a set price just like the villas. 1-6 adults can sleep in the suites for the same price!

Let the party begin!
minnie61650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 09:36 AM   #118
gtstuff
Earning My Ears

Those are good prices. We have stayed at the Allstar resorts a few times. never had any complaints. Larger rooms would be nice.
Old 08-06-2006, 06:53 PM   #119
maybees02
Earning My Ears

Just back from ASMu family suites!

The room was wonderful. We were on the 3rd floor of Jazz 2. Not too terribly far from the food court or bus stops, in my opinion, and smack dab between both pools. We had plenty of room, and the beds were all comfortable. Believe me, I slept in them all, with all the bed changing and sleepwalking my DS and DD were doing. We had great mousekeeping, with towel animals or a window display every single day but one! Everyone was helpful and nice. The pool was never terribly crowded. The food court was crowded if we were there at 9:00 a.m. which we only did once. Bus service was great - we never waited very long and the buses were never too crowded except on the EMH morning at MK that we braved. We never heard noises from other guests. All in all it was a wonderful stay. I will be posting restaurant and dining plan info and reviews, too, in a few days, after I do laundry!
maybees02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 09:55 AM   #120
all4disneyworld
Mouseketeer

Looking forward to hearing more about your trip!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: