Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-10-2006, 08:46 PM   #91
sdrsdd
Mouseketeer

Are the pools heated in March at All Stars? Thanks!
sdrsdd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 11:13 PM   #92
dizydreamer
Mouseketeer

Okay, Now I think I might just try these out in 2008. My DB & Family want the value & we were thinkin about POR. But if the rooms seem to be as nice as what we are starting to hear I think I will have to try them out. Please keep up posted with new points of view as you stay. I t will really help. We might need 2 FS & 1 standard room. Thanks or the info.
dizydreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-11-2006, 11:47 AM   #93
minnie61650

DIS Veteran

Location: On a Lake in Southeast Michigan,Snowbird home Bonita Springs,Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdrsdd
Are the pools heated in March at All Stars? Thanks!
Last winter DIS members reported that all of Disney's pools were heated between 78-82 degrees. That is cooler than Disney had been heating them in the winter. They use to heat them about 86 degrees in the winter so many guests did complain.

We have no idea if Disney will decide to heat the pools to a warmer temperature during this coming winter or not.

Time will tell.
minnie61650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 10:02 PM   #94
abie
Mouseketeer

Almost Time!

I will be staying in an ASMu suite for 5 nights starting next Sat. If there is anything specifically that I can find out about the Suites, Resort, take a picture of, etc.. Please update this thread and I will do my best to get them.

Thanks!
Abie

Last trip:
Pop Sept 2007
Family Suite at the All Star Music resort July 22-27 2006
abie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 08:21 AM   #95
Packclogger
Earning My Ears

Just returned Friday from a week long stay in the family suites and they were great. My family and I (DH, DB, DSIL and DNep) stayed in them. We were in room 2650 which was on the 3rd floor of Jazz building #2. I would ditto many of the comments that whetstone had previously posted, especially the air conditioning. My DH likes the room on the cold side and I don't think the temperature ever got down to the temp we had it set at. The resort was pretty crowded during the time we were there (lots of tour groups), but our room was in a good location where we didn't have a lot of noise (DNep took naps each day). The pull out sofa and chair were pretty comfortable to sleep on, but the ottoman was not as comfortable. Mousekeeping was great and we even got some towel animals (little dogs). I didn't really take any pictures of the room because it looked exactly like the pictures posted on this thread. If anyone has any questions, please feel free to post.

Mom to Walker and Darby --

1998 - Fort Wilderness
2000,2001- All Star Music
2002,2003 - All Star Sports
2004 - Caribbean Beach, All Star Sports, Disney Wonder
2005 - All Star Sports, Wilderness Lodge
2006 - All Star Music, All Star Movies
2007 -Pop Century
2009 - Wilderness Lodge
2010 - Wilderness Lodge, Pop Century
2011 - Disney Dream, Pop Century
2012 - Pop Century, Bay Lake Towers
Packclogger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 08:43 AM   #96
minnie61650

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packclogger
Just returned Friday from a week long stay in the family suites and they were great. My family and I (DH, DB, DSIL and DNep) stayed in them. We were in room 2650 which was on the 3rd floor of Jazz building #2. I would ditto many of the comments that whetstone had previously posted, especially the air conditioning. My DH likes the room on the cold side and I don't think the temperature ever got down to the temp we had it set at. The resort was pretty crowded during the time we were there (lots of tour groups), but our room was in a good location where we didn't have a lot of noise (DNep took naps each day). The pull out sofa and chair were pretty comfortable to sleep on, but the ottoman was not as comfortable. Mousekeeping was great and we even got some towel animals (little dogs). I didn't really take any pictures of the room because it looked exactly like the pictures posted on this thread. If anyone has any questions, please feel free to post.
I am happy you enjoyed the suites.
It is good to hear a review from another DIS member!
If the fold outs were down and mousekeeping came in and made up the beds did mousekeeping leave the foldouts in the down position or did they fold them up ?

When you opened the sofa foldout did you leave the soft coffeetable under the foldout or did you move it?
If you moved it where did you put it?

Do you think the AC is now on a motion sensor?
The All Stars did not have have motion sensors in the past so they stayed on even when guests were out of the room.

If they are on motion sensors then the bedroom would get hotter since there would be more movement in the other rooms. Just a thought.

Thanks for your answers and thoughts you have to add.
Old 07-16-2006, 12:31 PM   #97
my_try
Mouseketeer

subscribing!
Old 07-16-2006, 02:33 PM   #98
Packclogger
Earning My Ears

Minnie61650 - we always folded up the couch everyday as soon as we got up, because my DNep wanted to watch ToonDisney while everyone else was getting ready, so I am not sure whether or not Mousekeeping would fold them back up.

I don't think the soft coffee table would fit under the sofa bed, we just slid it over in front of the window, there was still plenty of room.

Not sure about the motion sensor with the A/C, have not actually heard of that before. After a while, it actually did seem like it cooled okay, but that was probably due to the fact when we returned, it was so hot and humid outside that it seemed really cool inside.

Mom to Walker and Darby --

1998 - Fort Wilderness
2000,2001- All Star Music
2002,2003 - All Star Sports
2004 - Caribbean Beach, All Star Sports, Disney Wonder
2005 - All Star Sports, Wilderness Lodge
2006 - All Star Music, All Star Movies
2007 -Pop Century
2009 - Wilderness Lodge
2010 - Wilderness Lodge, Pop Century
2011 - Disney Dream, Pop Century
2012 - Pop Century, Bay Lake Towers
Packclogger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 09:58 AM   #99
minnie61650

DIS Veteran

Current plans are for all 192 Family Suites to be available on or before January 1, 2007.

The Family Suites will be located in the Calypso and Jazz Inn Buildings. When complete:

Calypso Building 1 will have 32 suites
Calypso Building 10 will have 54 suites
Jazz Inn Building 2 will have 52 suites
Jazz Inn Building 9 will have 54 suites

The suites are located on all three floors, and will be near each other, but none will offer connecting suites. There is no price difference between the buildings.

2006 pricing will be:

$169 plus tax - Value Season (Aug 27 - Oct 4; Nov 26 - Dec 19)
$209 plus tax - Regular Season (Apr 23 - Aug 26; Oct 5 - Nov 25)
$239 plus tax - Peak Season (Mar 6* - Apr 22)
$259 plus tax Holiday Season (Dec 20 - 31)
(* once available)

For comparison, the price of a Family Suite is $9-11 more then 2 Standard Rooms, or $13-15 less the 2 Preferred Rooms, depending on season.

Currently, none of the discount promotional offers will include these suites, (ie, no passholder, FL Resident, AAA, etc) however this may change in the future once all suites are ready, based on occupancy trends.
Old 07-17-2006, 10:04 AM   #100
chris1gill

But you know I'm thinking (scary enough)

I would love to know who made the chairs that fold out, and where to get them... I know it's an odd question, but does anyone know?
chris1gill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 10:29 AM   #101
my_try
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnie61650
Current plans are for all 192 Family Suites to be available on or before January 1, 2007.

The Family Suites will be located in the Calypso and Jazz Inn Buildings. When complete:

Calypso Building 1 will have 32 suites
Calypso Building 10 will have 54 suites
Jazz Inn Building 2 will have 52 suites
Jazz Inn Building 9 will have 54 suites

The suites are located on all three floors, and will be near each other, but none will offer connecting suites. There is no price difference between the buildings.

2006 pricing will be:

$169 plus tax - Value Season (Aug 27 - Oct 4; Nov 26 - Dec 19)
$209 plus tax - Regular Season (Apr 23 - Aug 26; Oct 5 - Nov 25)
$239 plus tax - Peak Season (Mar 6* - Apr 22)
$259 plus tax Holiday Season (Dec 20 - 31)
(* once available)

For comparison, the price of a Family Suite is $9-11 more then 2 Standard Rooms, or $13-15 less the 2 Preferred Rooms, depending on season.

Currently, none of the discount promotional offers will include these suites, (ie, no passholder, FL Resident, AAA, etc) however this may change in the future once all suites are ready, based on occupancy trends.

Thank you once again for the EXCELLENT information Linda. I showed my children pictures of the Calypso pool (at the All-Star Movies Hotel) and they said that they do not mind losing Stormalong Bay (@ the Beach Club) which is where they swam the last time we went to WDW. I guess the decision is up to my husband and I now. See, our favorite resort is Epcot (which was walking distance from the Beach Club Villas where we stayed on our last trip). I just don't know if the move to the All-Star Hotel is worth giving up the walk to Epcot at a moments notice. The decision is killing me. I even dreamt about it Sunday night...lol

I do have one question however, when I called WDW they told me that peak season began on February 16th. Have you heard differently?

Thanks again Linda!

Kathy

Last edited by my_try; 07-30-2006 at 10:28 AM.
my_try is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 12:03 PM   #102
kath1210
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by whetstone
Was just reading over some other threads and looking at the pictures posted of the rooms. We had room 2626 in the Jazz building, and the bed/headboard where not the same as pictured in this thread. I didn't even notice it till today or I would of snap'd some pictures of it. Everything I read said it was a queen size bed, but I'm pretty sure it was not in our room. It was the same size bed we had in the Dolphin the night before, which is a double according to their website.

Picture from the first page of the master bed:
Has anyone been able to confirm the size of the bed in the FS? If it's a double, that could be a deal-breaker for DH and me. We need our space. Those few extra inches make a BIG difference!

kath1210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 12:19 PM   #103
minnie61650

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kath1210
Has anyone been able to confirm the size of the bed in the FS? If it's a double, that could be a deal-breaker for DH and me. We need our space. Those few extra inches make a BIG difference!

whetstone reported that he thought the bed was the same size as their bed at the Dolphin. The beds at the Dolphin are extra long doubles.

However,Disney has confirmed it is a Queen size bed in the suites.

More websites describing the family suites and confirming the QUEEN size bed in the master area.

http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/resor...te-review.html

www.mousesavers.com/allstarmusicsuites.html

http://www.wdwplanner.com/All%20Star%20Music.htm

http://www.intercot.com/resorts/disn...ic/default.asp
Old 07-17-2006, 12:26 PM   #104
minnie61650

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by my_try
Thank you once again for the EXCELLENT information Linda. I showed my children pictures of the Calypso pool (at the All-Star Movies Hotel) and they said that they do not mind losing Stormalong Bay (@ the Beach Club) which is where they swam the last time we went to WDW. I guess the decision is up to my husband and I now. See, our favorite resort is Epcot (which was walking distance from the Beach Club Villas where we stayed on our last trip). I just don't know if the move to the All-Star Movies Hotel is worth giving up the walk to Epcot at a moments notice. The decision is killing me. I even dreamt about it Sunday night...lol

I do have one question however, when I called WDW they told me that peak season began on February 16th. Have you heard differently?

Thanks again Linda!

Kathy
Kathy,
It is always my pleasure to post photos and info about the Family Suites at All Star Music.

According to this website:

http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/disne...2007.htm#VALUE

Peak season starts February 15-April 14
Value season is January 1- February 14. So if book your for February 14 or earlier your entire stay will be at value price.

Have a funfilled vacation at Disney wherever you choose to stay!
Old 07-17-2006, 01:08 PM   #105
TinkerDaisy
Mouseketeer

I just booked my ASMU Suite for May 07. I am so happy. The rooms look so nice from what I saw of the pictures. I live with all men and boys so I can have my own ladies room!!! And having a private area for DH and I will be nice. I have gone back and forth trying to decide which resort to book and for the first time since I started to plan I am sure about my descion!!

TinkerDaisy is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: