Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-05-2011, 10:28 PM   #1006
Family Fun Mom
No longer tagless... my wit has been confirmed!
NOTHING FROM THE SEA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Pirates2Princesses View Post
We stayed in a family suite at All Star Music this past August and loved it! We loved the layout of the family suite and felt that the size of the suite was comfortable for our family of six. We also liked the close proximity of the suite location to the main pool, main building, and bus stop. DH and I appreciated having a separate bedroom with a queen size bed as it gave us and the kids our own space and DH is a big and tall guy and cannot sleep in a full size bed . It was nice having a living room with sofa/chairs to relax, two bathrooms, and the kitchenette came in handy for breakfast, storing snacks/drinks, and morning coffee even though we had the dining plan. Mousekeeping was excellent here and the All Star Music resort was a very fun, clean, and quiet resort, especially the section we were in (Jazz 2). If we ever go back to WDW it will be hard not to consider the AS Music family suite again, even with the new Art of Animation suites opening soon. We like the fact that the AS Music suites have two twin size pull out beds and one full size sofa bed in the living room which allowed our two oldest kids to have their own beds and only our two youngest children had to share the full size pull out bed. The new Art of Animation suites have two full size pull out beds in the living room which means all of my kids would have to share a bed. The new Art of Animation resort looks really nice, but AS Music will always be special to us
I agree. We loved ASMu. I just loved the whole feel of the resort. We were in Calypso, overloooking the main pool. It was perfect. I love the colors and decor of that section. It just has a very fun vibe. I'd stay there again in a heartbeat!
Family Fun Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 09:10 PM   #1007
tpettie
What"s a tag and why do you want one?

Can you tell me if we were to book for a group, 4 suits and one standard room for 4people is it still possible that we can all be placed in rooms together all in a row???

So what I think I'm try to ask is if there are standard 4 person rooms in the Calypso and Jazz areas???

All Stars Movies December 2008 (First Trip)
All Stars Movies December 2009 (Return with more kids)
POR Nov 28 - Dec 05 2010 (Adult Only Trip)
ASMusic Sept 29 - Oct6 2011 (let go trip)
Sequel Trip AofA Resort Nov/Dec 2012
POP Sept 7-12 with Disney Dream 3 Night Cruise Sept 12-15
tpettie is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-12-2011, 08:07 AM   #1008
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpettie View Post
Can you tell me if we were to book for a group, 4 suits and one standard room for 4people is it still possible that we can all be placed in rooms together all in a row???

So what I think I'm try to ask is if there are standard 4 person rooms in the Calypso and Jazz areas???
You would have to book a preferred room. No one can say for sure, but I highly doubt you would be able to get 5 rooms all in a row. The best thing to do is to have the reservations all linked together, and have noted on them that you would like to be close to each other. Disney doesn't guarantee room location requsts, but they will do what they can for you.
maxiesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 02:45 PM   #1009
PHXscuba
Mouseketeer since birth!
I am lucky to have kids who also love Disney and a husband who loves it (and us) enough to humor my passion!

I think if you book as a "Grand Gathering" they will try to make it a priority to put you close together -- maybe not right next door but along the same hallway if possible? Four suites and a regular room should certainly be more than 8 people. Call the WDW line and when it asks you if your total party is more than 8 it should route you to someone who can answer your questions.

PHXscuba
PHXscuba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 09:32 PM   #1010
tpettie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHXscuba View Post
I think if you book as a "Grand Gathering" they will try to make it a priority to put you close together -- maybe not right next door but along the same hallway if possible? Four suites and a regular room should certainly be more than 8 people. Call the WDW line and when it asks you if your total party is more than 8 it should route you to someone who can answer your questions.

PHXscuba
We are booked as a group/Grand Gathering I was wondering if they even had regular room in the same area they have the suits. Like AofA they have the suits and then there is the Little mermaid section is where they have the regular suits.

So I was wondering if Music might be the same with calypso and Jazz having only suits there and then if we did book a regular room it would be located eles were.

Old 11-13-2011, 07:29 AM   #1011
lamb616
DIS Veteran

calypso & jazz do have regular rooms along with the suites. I know somewhere on the internet there's a breakdown of how many rooms in each building are regular vs. how many are suites.

April, 2012 ~ Impromptu mother/son trip ~ Caribbean Beach Resort!
lamb616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 12:44 PM   #1012
tpettie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamb616 View Post
calypso & jazz do have regular rooms along with the suites. I know somewhere on the internet there's a breakdown of how many rooms in each building are regular vs. how many are suites.
That's what I was looking for. too bad I'm not a good internet surfer it would be cool to find that breakdown ... Thanks that was most helpful

Old 11-20-2011, 10:13 AM   #1013
buzzmom3
DIS Veteran

We just booked a Family Suite for May. It will be my Mom, Sister, niece and me and my two kids! I love All Star Music but this is my first time staying in a suite.
Our DD Paige

buzzmom3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 01:53 PM   #1014
westside8
Earning My Ears

Just booked a family suite for a night to take adv of EMH of MK at night and Epcot in the morning. Going to be a tight fit with 5 of us in early 20s but it's only 1 night before moving off-site for the rest of the week. Can't wait!!
westside8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 02:00 PM   #1015
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Quote:
Originally Posted by westside8 View Post
Just booked a family suite for a night to take adv of EMH of MK at night and Epcot in the morning. Going to be a tight fit with 5 of us in early 20s but it's only 1 night before moving off-site for the rest of the week. Can't wait!!
It won't be horrible. If one of you is a bit petite, they can be the one to sleep on the ottoman fold out. The 2 friends who get along the best can share the queen bed, and the other 2 will get their own beds. And you will have 2 bathrooms, so that is a big help.
maxiesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 04:05 PM   #1016
lovesdumbo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by westside8 View Post
Wouldn't five 20 year olds be more comfortable in two regular rooms with 4 full size beds? It would be cheaper too.

I loved the family suite layout for my family but I think 5 adults would be better off in 2 rooms.
lovesdumbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 10:14 AM   #1017
jenthemom22
Mouseketeer

I just switched our reservation from POR to a family suite! The extra bathroom and extra space for our family is going to be great. We're going during free dining so we upgraded the QSDP to the regular dining plan.

I've been reading the reviews and tips in this thread. Thank you to all who have posted!
jenthemom22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 10:40 AM   #1018
westside8
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesdumbo View Post
Wouldn't five 20 year olds be more comfortable in two regular rooms with 4 full size beds? It would be cheaper too.

I loved the family suite layout for my family but I think 5 adults would be better off in 2 rooms.
Problem is they only have 2 doubles in each room
Old 12-27-2011, 11:37 AM   #1019
princess mom of 4
They call me MomPossible

Are any of the ASMusic Family Suites wheelchair accessible?
October 2004 - Contemporary North Garden Wing, MNSSHP
October 2005 - Contemporary North Garden Wing, MNSSHP
December 2007 - Polynesian, MVMCP
January 2013 - "undecided" prin cess:
princess mom of 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 11:58 AM   #1020
shoes99
DIS Veteran

WE just booked one night at ASMusic family suites pre cruise for May 2012 at the AP rate and will take DCL transfers to our 5/18 Eastern cruise. After the cruise we will stay at VWL for 2 more nights. This will help in our quest to stay at every on property resort.
We have stayed at every one except Kidani, Shades of Green and the Swan.

shoes99 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: