Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-02-2006, 03:14 PM   #76
gigi1313
DIS Veteran

thanks, whetstone, for the "live" report... much appreciated
PC & GF CL Jan '11POR Nov '11 DCL Fantasy May '12 BWalk&ASM Jan '13 PC Sept '13
DCL Magic B2B Jan '14
gigi1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 03:20 PM   #77
Mom24Princesses
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kincade
As a guy who has never stayed in anything less than a 4 star hotel in any business travels, I personally choose the All Star Resorts for our family. Like the previous man said, I don't spend a lot of time in our room while at Disney. I am looking for form, comfort, cleanliness and function. We are going to stay in a family suite the week of 8/7 so I will definitely post a review.
I am also a Disney employee so I could easily stay in a higher priced resort at a much discounted rate. We just love the whole vibe of the value resort.
One thing though, we travel from Atlanta and take our car to the parks. If we did not have the car and had to use buses, we would stay in the Kingdom with monorial access.

Have to ask this. . . .
We too live in "Atlanta" and always drive. We have never taken our car to a park (in 6 trips). I figured the pain of parking and getting in and going back to a hot car, etc. would out-weigh the wait/crowd on the buses??? Not So? As on-site guests we'd get free parking right? Provide more info...sell me on this idea? We like the buses EXCEPT at the end of a late night. BUT the crowd leaving the parks is huge. I can't imagine doing this at MK....taking the ferry or mono to parking???
ASMu--July 96; ASMu--Aug 98; PORS--June 01; ASMu--July 03; POP--Feb 04; CSR--June 04; ASMo--June 07; AoA--June 13
DCL

1st DCL Eastern MAGIC APRIL 1-8, 2006

THEN!!
2nd DCL Western MAGIC April 5-12, 2008
Mom24Princesses is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-02-2006, 03:23 PM   #78
gigi1313
DIS Veteran

we've done both... car and buses... and absolutely hands down, no questions asked, prefer the buses... no matter where we've stayed
DCL Magic B2B Jan '14
Old 07-02-2006, 09:42 PM   #79
abie
Mouseketeer

Thank you so much for your review and helping with my questions =) I am so excited I can barely stand it.

I realize now that my coffee pot question may have been silly .. Does disney provide coffee filters in rooms with pots, or are you expected to bring your own?

If you do need to bring your own, my husband just reminded me that I need to know if it takes basket or cone filters. (HA this is the first resort thing he's cared about. I guess I could have us staying in a dump as long as he is all set to have good coffee in the morning!)

Abie
abie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 10:14 PM   #80
whetstone
Disaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by abie
Thank you so much for your review and helping with my questions =) I am so excited I can barely stand it.

I realize now that my coffee pot question may have been silly .. Does disney provide coffee filters in rooms with pots, or are you expected to bring your own?

If you do need to bring your own, my husband just reminded me that I need to know if it takes basket or cone filters. (HA this is the first resort thing he's cared about. I guess I could have us staying in a dump as long as he is all set to have good coffee in the morning!)

Abie
Not a coffee person, so I didn't look around for any supplies for the coffee maker. I did take a look at the coffee maker itself tho, and I'm pretty sure it is this one :
http://www.sunbeamhospitality.com/pr...ARTNUMBER=3225
In case the link doesn't work: Sunbeam Model 3225

I did notice there was paper plates and plastic silverware. As well as a wine bottle opener and hand can opener in the kitchen. The sink is on the small side and splashes water all over.
whetstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 05:19 AM   #81
pat fan
I'm leaving now so I don't have to witness what comes next

Quote:
Yes. The food court has a grab and go.They also sell milk and a few items in the gift shop.
I think the milk is a little expensive in the gift shop.

Anyone else know?
It's been 3 years since we've been to WDW but when we were there it seemed to us that the milk in the gift shop was cheaper than in the food court Like I said, it's been a while so it may have changed.....

"Sure I wave the American flag. Do you know a better flag to wave? Sure I love my country with all her faults. I'm not ashamed of that, never have been, never will be."
-- John Wayne
pat fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 05:42 AM   #82
minnie61650

DIS Veteran

Location: On a Lake in Southeast Michigan,Snowbird home Bonita Springs,Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by pat fan
It's been 3 years since we've been to WDW but when we were there it seemed to us that the milk in the gift shop was cheaper than in the food court Like I said, it's been a while so it may have changed.....
OOPS...So Sorry ....I think you are right. I meant to say "less" expensive.
Thanks!

Last edited by minnie61650; 07-03-2006 at 06:06 AM. Reason: Sorry
minnie61650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 03:22 PM   #83
qanita92
Yes, I am a teenager and I do like planning WDW vacations! Class of 2010!!!

Question

my family consists of 8 people so can i have a suite connected to a regular hotel room? how much would that cost?

qanita92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 03:37 PM   #84
qanita92
Yes, I am a teenager and I do like planning WDW vacations! Class of 2010!!!

how does two all star suites connected look like?

qanita92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 04:31 PM   #85
clkelley
I squealed really loud!!
I got one on my camper too

When we were there in May, just looking at the doors and windows through the construction sheeting, it looked like the "end" rooms were not converted.

So it will be possible to get a standard room next to a new suite, but they won't be connecting. You'll have a suite, then the standard room next door, but no door in between them.
clkelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 04:47 PM   #86
n2mm
aka WALTSGIRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by abie

Abie
Disney leaves you coffee in filter pads. You just drop the correct amount of filters in the basket for the amount you want. We have gotten small filter pad coffee for a 4 cup pot and larger ones for the 10 cup pot. You'll know by the package. They are very convenient to use. It should be complementary as it is in moderate and delux rooms. If you need more, just ask housekeeping. Plus they leave condiment packages with sugar and creamers (and you can always pick up extras at the food court). Hope this makes sense. They also leave these coffee/filter pads in the DVC rooms too. They offer leaded and unleaded--your choice.

n2mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 09:05 PM   #87
Panna
Mouseketeer

I was so excited when these opened, that I booked on right away for my trip in October. But since they are not allowed with the DDP I had to cancell and switch to two rooms, hopefully connecting I really had my heart settled on staying in one of these rooms, they looks really great and fun. Oh well.
Old 07-07-2006, 09:11 AM   #88
whetstone
Disaholic

Was just reading over some other threads and looking at the pictures posted of the rooms. We had room 2626 in the Jazz building, and the bed/headboard where not the same as pictured in this thread. I didn't even notice it till today or I would of snap'd some pictures of it. Everything I read said it was a queen size bed, but I'm pretty sure it was not in our room. It was the same size bed we had in the Dolphin the night before, which is a double according to their website.

Picture from the first page of the master bed:

Notice in the picture there is hardly any room between the night stands and wall. There was plenty of space in the room we had. The head board also stop'd at the night stands, it did not go to the walls.
Old 07-07-2006, 12:15 PM   #89
gigi1313
DIS Veteran

whetstone, did the chair (pictuerd) in the master bedroom area open up to a bed also?
DCL Magic B2B Jan '14
Old 07-07-2006, 12:16 PM   #90
whetstone
Disaholic

No, it did not.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: