Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-09-2011, 09:32 PM   #871
lamb616
DIS Veteran

I was getting ready to place my Garden Grocer order when I decided to check on the size of the fridge and I'm glad I did........ is that the fridge under the sinK???? It's one of those teeny, tiny fridges? Yikes, I was planning to order 2 gallons of milk and lots of fruit, I guess not........ Can a half gallon even fit in there?

April, 2012 ~ Impromptu mother/son trip ~ Caribbean Beach Resort!
lamb616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 07:56 AM   #872
sunsetbeachgal
DIS Veteran

I am not sure the full gallon jugs would fit unless you removed one of the shelves (and maybe not even then)...to be on the safe side after we saw the fridge we went out to the grocery store and bought half gallons of milk and juice and the half gallons fit just fine. I seem to remember that they fit on the door.

Family Reunion trip at Disney ASMu Nov. 7-13, 2010. It was perfect
March, 2012 Disney getaway at Coronado Springs for the adults only!
October, 2012 went to Disneyland..and I've never seen such crowds anywhere in my life!
June 15-22, 2013. Family trip to WDW at POFQ First WDW Summer trip..fantastic!
March, 2014. Universal Studios and cruise on Freedom of the Seas
January, 2015, Art of Animation
sunsetbeachgal is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-10-2011, 08:08 AM   #873
sunsetbeachgal
DIS Veteran

Just read your post again...the fridge is small but not one of those teeny tiny ones...there is actually plenty of room...just kind of limited for milk storage...and the kitchenette has plenty of shelf space which comes in handy too...

October, 2012 went to Disneyland..and I've never seen such crowds anywhere in my life!
Old 01-10-2011, 08:40 AM   #874
Monorail Bob's dd
DIS Veteran

I am starting to consider this family suites for our July trip. How is the food court there? Would the pool and activities be too young for a 13 year-old or would she enjoy it, too. We would be travelling at the end of July with me, dh, 13 year-old dd, 10 year-old dd, and 6 year-old dd. We have never stayed at a value before so I am a little nervous. Deciding between this and BWI or BC, which would be $300 more. We would have a rental car. Hmmm....

Poly - '80, '84, '91, CR - '87, '88, BW Villas - '97, POFQ - '07, Marriott Grand Vista - '09, CSR - '10
BWI CL - '11, Yacht Club - '12, AKL - March, 2013, Poly - August, 2013
Monorail Bob's dd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 09:01 AM   #875
lamb616
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsetbeachgal View Post
Just read your post again...the fridge is small but not one of those teeny tiny ones...there is actually plenty of room...just kind of limited for milk storage...and the kitchenette has plenty of shelf space which comes in handy too...
that's fine, the milk is the main concern. Some of the fruit can stay on the counters anyways and we won't have much other stuff to refrigerate, just stuff like butter, cream cheese, etc. The biggest thing we need it for is milk and water. I'm glad I found out that it won't fit gallon jugs, but you think half gallon will fit?

Old 01-10-2011, 09:11 AM   #876
sunsetbeachgal
DIS Veteran

Yes, several half gallons will fit at the same time...I think we had two half gallons of milk and a half galon of Orange Juice and that all fit on the rack on the door at the same time just fine...The rack is not wide enough to fit the full gallons, so that is why I said that to fit them would require removing one of the shelves in the fridge...

Old 01-10-2011, 09:21 AM   #877
sunsetbeachgal
DIS Veteran

Lauren,

We really liked ASMu and the family suites, but used the pool only once and the children in our group were 6,5 and 2 so can't comment about it's suitability for teens, although it certainly looked like everyone at the pool was having a great time. The food court is fine-nothing special (but I'm not any of them are) and typical Disney-overpriced. We ate breakfast in the family suite every day which worked out so well, then lunch in the park and dinner out or at the food court. There is also a McDonalds very close to ASMu-a short drive or you could even walk.

Old 01-10-2011, 05:19 PM   #878
PHXscuba
Mouseketeer since birth!
I am lucky to have kids who also love Disney and a husband who loves it (and us) enough to humor my passion!

Lauren,

If you can do the Beach Club etc. for only $300 more I'd do it. I've been pricing like mad and ours would be a lot more than that (6 people, need a 2bdrm suite at a Villa) to get the right bed setup. From what I've read the "food court" idea at the values is a little easier than going out of the BC/BW area for food.

If "pool stuff" is a big factor, consider this: the Beach Club pool is pretty awesome. The extra money you spend to stay there could eliminate the cost of going to a water park, ending up almost even.

PHXscuba
PHXscuba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 05:49 PM   #879
Monorail Bob's dd
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHXscuba View Post
Lauren,

If you can do the Beach Club etc. for only $300 more I'd do it. I've been pricing like mad and ours would be a lot more than that (6 people, need a 2bdrm suite at a Villa) to get the right bed setup. From what I've read the "food court" idea at the values is a little easier than going out of the BC/BW area for food.

If "pool stuff" is a big factor, consider this: the Beach Club pool is pretty awesome. The extra money you spend to stay there could eliminate the cost of going to a water park, ending up almost even.

PHXscuba
Thanks for commenting on this. My almost 13 year-old is completely spazzing out on me right now since she wants to stay at a deluxe - I keep reminding her she does not pay the bills but that isn't making a difference in her mind. I was considering the ASMu family suites for the sake of extra space and less money. Since we will have a rental car, we would not have to rely on busses. Since we would not be staying in a prime location, I would probably scale back to base tickets and that would knock another $300 off the total, making the difference more like $600. Not sure what to, still deciding...

Poly - '80, '84, '91, CR - '87, '88, BW Villas - '97, POFQ - '07, Marriott Grand Vista - '09, CSR - '10
BWI CL - '11, Yacht Club - '12, AKL - March, 2013, Poly - August, 2013
Monorail Bob's dd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 06:08 PM   #880
Family Fun Mom
No longer tagless... my wit has been confirmed!
NOTHING FROM THE SEA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monorail Bob's dd View Post
Thanks for commenting on this. My almost 13 year-old is completely spazzing out on me right now since she wants to stay at a deluxe - I keep reminding her she does not pay the bills but that isn't making a difference in her mind. I was considering the ASMu family suites for the sake of extra space and less money. Since we will have a rental car, we would not have to rely on busses. Since we would not be staying in a prime location, I would probably scale back to base tickets and that would knock another $300 off the total, making the difference more like $600. Not sure what to, still deciding...
My 12 and 13 year old kids loved All Star Music. My 13 year old daughter spent a lot of time walking around taking pictures of the big icons, which she loved, especially the Broadway section. I think it's a very fun resort for young teens.
Family Fun Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 07:43 PM   #881
lovesdumbo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamb616 View Post
I was getting ready to place my Garden Grocer order when I decided to check on the size of the fridge and I'm glad I did........ is that the fridge under the sinK???? It's one of those teeny, tiny fridges? Yikes, I was planning to order 2 gallons of milk and lots of fruit, I guess not........ Can a half gallon even fit in there?
The last time I checked the price of a 1/2 gallon of milk at the food court/gift shop was the same as Garden Grocer. I used Garden Grocer for food, water, liquid hand soap and sun screen. I bought milk at the resort. The fridge isn't teany tiny-it is a rectangle- not the the tiny square size ones. I never tried to put a gallon in it.

Quote:
I am starting to consider this family suites for our July trip. How is the food court there? Would the pool and activities be too young for a 13 year-old or would she enjoy it, too. We would be travelling at the end of July with me, dh, 13 year-old dd, 10 year-old dd, and 6 year-old dd. We have never stayed at a value before so I am a little nervous. Deciding between this and BWI or BC, which would be $300 more. We would have a rental car. Hmmm....
We thought the food court was pretty good and convenient. My oldest was 9 when we stayed there. We swam in the pools but didn't do too many of the activities. I would think your 13 year old would like the extra room. The rooms at BC & BW rooms are smaller than the Poly rooms you've stayed at in the past. I would think your 13 year old would really like the extra bathroom as well.

We stayed in the family suites in 2008 and really liked them but had decided to stay Poly & BWI in 2009 & 2010 for the convenience of the location.

When we were at the BWI last summer we thought the take out from Boardwalk Joe's and the take out pizza was pretty good. We were staying in a Club Level room so we had access to the lounge for snacks and drinks so that helped at ton but we really didn't miss the food court.

Good luck with your decision!
Old 01-12-2011, 10:27 AM   #882
2Pirates2Princesses
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Pirates2Princesses View Post
Does anyone know if you can hook up a small DVD player to the televisions in the family suites? Since the television channels in the WDW resorts are limited it would be nice to be able to watch a few DVDs during our week stay (we plan on going back to the resort in the afternoons for naps/breaks and also want to have a couple evenings of downtime at the resort).

anyone?
2Pirates2Princesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 10:46 AM   #883
lamb616
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesdumbo View Post
The last time I checked the price of a 1/2 gallon of milk at the food court/gift shop was the same as Garden Grocer. I used Garden Grocer for food, water, liquid hand soap and sun screen. I bought milk at the resort. The fridge isn't teany tiny-it is a rectangle- not the the tiny square size ones. I never tried to put a gallon in it.

upon further thought, I realized I'm going to have to get 2 deliveries -- 1 for arrival and then another a few days later. We're there 8 nights and my kids eat a LOT of fruit so there's no way the fruit will be good for 8 days. so I'll just order a couple 1/2 gallons for each delivery. Thanks!

Old 01-22-2011, 09:40 PM   #884
cricket12960
Mouseketeer

Quote:
There is so much pool activity for the teens there. Usually around April vaca and towrds the end of April the cheerleading competitions are going on there. The teens love it. Both my DDs would rather stay at ASM than any other resort. We stay there all the time. We are heading back in April for vacation.
Old 01-22-2011, 09:43 PM   #885
cricket12960
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Pirates2Princesses View Post
Does anyone know if you can hook up a small DVD player to the televisions in the family suites? Since the television channels in the WDW resorts are limited it would be nice to be able to watch a few DVDs during our week stay (we plan on going back to the resort in the afternoons for naps/breaks and also want to have a couple evenings of downtime at the resort).
Yes you can we have brought our DVD player each time we've gone and had no problem hooking it up to either TV. ENJOY your stay!!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: