Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-28-2010, 04:44 PM   #856
Family Fun Mom
No longer tagless... my wit has been confirmed!
NOTHING FROM THE SEA!

We have recently returned from our stay at the Family Suites and my family of five gives it a HUGE 10 thumbs up! We loved it. The layout was perfect, the kitchenette was a huge plus, and you cannot beat 2 bathrooms and 2 TVs for family harmony. We loved the pools, the grounds, the food court... everything! We had a great stay and I don't think we could ever squeeze into one tiny room again. LOVE THE FAMILY SUITES!
Family Fun Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 05:13 PM   #857
tinker&belle
DIS Veteran

I haven't read all the way through the thread, so I apologize if this has been addressed. If a discount (like 7 for 4, free dining, or a code) comes out, do the suites get the discount? If it is value specific do they get the value rate even though they cost more?
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-28-2010, 05:33 PM   #858
sunsetbeachgal
DIS Veteran

Yes, subject to availability the discount programs do apply to Family Suites as well as value rooms. We went in November and used a 25% off discount (free dining was not offered during our time period). We had three rooms including a family suite and the suite got the 25% discount too, but the suite rates start off much higher (about twice the rate of the regular value rooms) so the discount is taken off that hgher rate.

Family Reunion trip at Disney ASMu Nov. 7-13, 2010. It was perfect
March, 2012 Disney getaway at Coronado Springs for the adults only!
October, 2012 went to Disneyland..and I've never seen such crowds anywhere in my life!
June 15-22, 2013. Family trip to WDW at POFQ First WDW Summer trip..fantastic!
March, 2014. Universal Studios and cruise on Freedom of the Seas
January, 2015, Art of Animation
sunsetbeachgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 12:19 PM   #859
Paddle_Nut
Mouseketeer

Just a quick question, I am going to assume the family suites don't have dishes in them. If this is the case, should I be buying some disposable stuff? As well, would it be possible to swipe condiments such as syrup from the hotel cafeteria?

We are booked!
All Star Music January 24 - 29th
Disney Magic 7 Day Eastern, January 29, 2011

Paddle_Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 12:55 PM   #860
Lovemy3babes
Is always in need to get herself and her children back to our "Happy Place"!

Ok, so Calypso and Jazz are the buildings where the suites are? Would you say Calypso is the best location? I'm hoping to make our reservation soon and just wanted to note our preference. Thanks Dis friends!

Just me and my girl…a very special 13th Birthday trip!
(updated 2/20/14)
Lovemy3babes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 02:04 PM   #861
lovesdumbo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddle_Nut View Post
Just a quick question, I am going to assume the family suites don't have dishes in them. If this is the case, should I be buying some disposable stuff? As well, would it be possible to swipe condiments such as syrup from the hotel cafeteria?
They do provide paper plates, cups and bowls are in the suites along with paper towels and plastic silver wear. Not sure what condiments are available in the food court without actually buying the food there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovemy3babes View Post
Ok, so Calypso and Jazz are the buildings where the suites are? Would you say Calypso is the best location? I'm hoping to make our reservation soon and just wanted to note our preference. Thanks Dis friends!
We were in Jazz. It was still relatively close the food court/bus stop. We were there with friends in a standard room and were happy with the location. I think some rooms in Calypso have the potential to be loud right by the pool but it might be nice to be even closer to the food court.
lovesdumbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 05:03 PM   #862
williamson_ja
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovemy3babes View Post
We were in Calypso in Sept. and loved it! We were on the 3rd floor and didn't hear any noise from the pool at all. We just loved being so close to everything. Next time we go, I am definitely requesting 3rd floor Calypso. AWESOME!!
Old 12-30-2010, 07:43 PM   #863
Lovemy3babes
Is always in need to get herself and her children back to our "Happy Place"!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesdumbo View Post
They do provide paper plates, cups and bowls are in the suites along with paper towels and plastic silver wear. Not sure what condiments are available in the food court without actually buying the food there.

We were in Jazz. It was still relatively close the food court/bus stop. We were there with friends in a standard room and were happy with the location. I think some rooms in Calypso have the potential to be loud right by the pool but it might be nice to be even closer to the food court.
Quote:
Originally Posted by williamson_ja View Post
We were in Calypso in Sept. and loved it! We were on the 3rd floor and didn't hear any noise from the pool at all. We just loved being so close to everything. Next time we go, I am definitely requesting 3rd floor Calypso. AWESOME!!
Thank you so much, both of you!

Just me and my girl…a very special 13th Birthday trip!
(updated 2/20/14)
Lovemy3babes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 08:04 PM   #864
Elmo888
"Cake is a sometimes food. Cake is a sometimes food." - Linda Flynn Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesdumbo View Post

We found this to be true for rooms in Calypso facing the pool.

On both stays, I made the same request - Calypso, no pool view. On our first trip, we were in Calypso, first floor, facing greenery, and we loved it. Other than a little bit of foot traffic to the parking lot, it was nice and quiet.

On our second trip, we were in Calypso, 3rd floor, over the pool. We did not like it as much. There is/was a DJ at the pool most of the day, and her/his voice made it difficult to nap. I was surprised how much noise did not come through the door, and the music was kind of a dull noise (not a problem). We were trying to nap one afternoon before MVMCP. Next time, my first request will be "no pool view" (that may be my only request!).

Calypso is closest to the front of the resort (food court and bus stops).

http://www.wdwinfo.com/resortmaps/allstarmusicmap.htm

I also wanted to add that the resort provides 6 of each (paper plates, etc.) since 6 people can stay in the room and two types of cups (Styrofoam for coffee and paper cups). These were replenished each day!
1/07 Wilderness Lodge - First time with DDs and our 10th Anniversary
1/01 Port Orleans
1/97 Wilderness Lodge - Honeymoon
3/90 Treehouse Villas
3/86 Contemporary Resort
'74 - '76 Contemporary Resort/Offsite/Too young to remember details

Last edited by Elmo888; 12-30-2010 at 08:16 PM.
Elmo888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 06:11 AM   #865
lamb616
DIS Veteran

so if we just request Calypso - No pool view - we should be fine as far as being close to the main building but not getting any noise? Not that I expect the pool to be hopping anyways when we go in Feb/March but still, we go to bed early and don't want to be woken up by gaggles of giggling cheerleaders or whatever who are walking past Calypso to get to their rooms.

April, 2012 ~ Impromptu mother/son trip ~ Caribbean Beach Resort!
lamb616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 08:04 AM   #866
sunsetbeachgal
DIS Veteran

Yes, if you request Calypso not facing the pool (which is what we had) you should be just fine. We faced the woods and the parking lot was off in the distance. Very quiet and peaceful!

Family Reunion trip at Disney ASMu Nov. 7-13, 2010. It was perfect
March, 2012 Disney getaway at Coronado Springs for the adults only!
October, 2012 went to Disneyland..and I've never seen such crowds anywhere in my life!
June 15-22, 2013. Family trip to WDW at POFQ First WDW Summer trip..fantastic!
March, 2014. Universal Studios and cruise on Freedom of the Seas
January, 2015, Art of Animation
sunsetbeachgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 10:11 AM   #867
2Pirates2Princesses
DIS Veteran

Does anyone know if you can hook up a small DVD player to the televisions in the family suites? Since the television channels in the WDW resorts are limited it would be nice to be able to watch a few DVDs during our week stay (we plan on going back to the resort in the afternoons for naps/breaks and also want to have a couple evenings of downtime at the resort).
2Pirates2Princesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 09:40 PM   #868
pjhootch
Mouseketeer

New pin codes

In case anyone is interested I was just able to use the brand new pin code that arrived in the mail and apply the 35% off discount to a Family Suite for November 2011 dates!
pjhootch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 08:35 AM   #869
mommykds
All Disney all the time! Hang on little Dole Whip, Momma's coming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjhootch View Post
In case anyone is interested I was just able to use the brand new pin code that arrived in the mail and apply the 35% off discount to a Family Suite for November 2011 dates!
Congrats!!! That's not the public code right? We are looking at the ASMu FS for a future trip & that 35% would push us over the edge I think!
* Mar 1998 AS Music * Dec 1999 AS Movies * Dec 2002 Polynesian * Nov 2003 Carribean Beach * Oct 2005 Port Orleans Riverside * Aug 2006 Beach Club CL * Aug 2007 Beach Club CL * Oct 2007 Pop Century * Apr 2008 Wonder & Boardwalk Inn * Aug 2008 Port Orleans Riverside * Dec 2008 Coronado Springs * Jul 2009 Boardwalk CL * Oct 2009 Contemporary * Dec 2009 Offsite * Mar 2010 Wonder & Polynesian CL * Jul 2010 Beach Club CL * Dec 2010 Port Orleans French Quarter * Aug 2011 Port Orleans Riverside * Apr 2012 Hampton Inn LBV * Jul 2012 Port Orleans Riverside * Apr 2013 Art of Animation LM * Aug 2013 Pop Century * Nov 2013 Embassy Suites LBV * Apr 2014 AS Music FS * Jul 2014 Embassy Suites LBV/Boardwalk Inn *
mommykds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 09:57 AM   #870
jeanylaser
Walt Disney World Dolphin resort biggest fan

thanks for the info!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: