Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-09-2010, 10:49 AM   #841
jeanylaser
Embassy Suites Lake Buena Vista biggest fan

Thanks for your input!

jeanylaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 10:36 AM   #842
lamb616
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sstamour View Post
The ottoman is described as "junior" - not quite the size of a twin bed. I wouldn't put an adult in it, but a child fits fine. The chair is a twin. The sofa is a full.
Perfect! Just what I hoped to hear. The ottoman can go in the bedroom for DD (3), DS will sleep in the bed in there, I will sleep in the twin in the living room and DH can sleep on the full/sofa.

April, 2012 ~ Impromptu mother/son trip ~ Caribbean Beach Resort!
lamb616 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-11-2010, 03:03 PM   #843
jeanylaser

thanks for the info! I can't wait to stay in family suites in all-star Music on Jan 2011!

Old 12-12-2010, 06:46 AM   #844
lamb616
DIS Veteran

how easy is it to get from ASMU to ASMO? Walk? Bus? I was just looking at pics of the Dalmation and Toy Story buildings at ASMO and DS & DD started whining saying they want to stay there. I would have loved to stay there but we need a suite.... anyways, I figure I'll plan for us to visit ASMO one day.

Old 12-12-2010, 07:29 AM   #845
lovesdumbo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamb616 View Post
how easy is it to get from ASMU to ASMO? Walk? Bus? I was just looking at pics of the Dalmation and Toy Story buildings at ASMO and DS & DD started whining saying they want to stay there. I would have loved to stay there but we need a suite.... anyways, I figure I'll plan for us to visit ASMO one day.
Very easy walk! Look at this map: http://www.wdwinfo.com/maps/ASMapMusic.pdf The suites are all in buildings 1/2/9/10. If you look at the bottom left corner of the map you'll see a map of the entire All Star complex. You'll see how music & movies are virtually touching each other.

The food court at movies offers a few things they didn't have at music (when I was there in 2008) so we walked over there one night for dinner then had fun seeing all the statues (and photo ops) there.

Oh...and we really loved the set up of the suites so I don't think you made a mistake booking there.
Old 12-12-2010, 08:23 AM   #846
sunsetbeachgal
DIS Veteran

We were in building one of ASMu and easily walked over to ASMO. You won't be sorry you are staying at ASMu-the suites are wonderful with lots of room, and the pool area is great with evening movies and pool games-if you are planning on spending time at the pool you will really appreciate it.

Family Reunion trip at Disney ASMu Nov. 7-13, 2010. It was perfect

March, 2012 Disney getaway at Coronado Springs for the adults only!

October, 2012 went to Disneyland..and I've never seen such crowds anywhere in my life!

June 15-22, 2013. Family trip to WDW at POFQ First WDW Summer trip and it was fantastic!

March, 2014. Universal Studios and cruise on Freedom of the Seas
sunsetbeachgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 09:04 AM   #847
jeanylaser

thanks for the info!

Old 12-12-2010, 11:35 AM   #848
lamb616
DIS Veteran

thanks. this has just dampened my excitement a bit as when I was first planning last year (didn't know anything about any of the resorts at the time) I thought ASMO looked awesome and *exactly* the type of place we would love..... only to find they don't have suites there. Then I got into planning and forgot about it....

I can NOT WAIT for the Animation Suites to open. It looks absolutely perfect for young kids.

Old 12-12-2010, 05:00 PM   #849
Bethmomof6
Earning My Ears

We are considering going back to Disney in 2011. It would be my husband and I and our 6 kids. I am considering either two rooms at POR or a Family Suite and one room ASM. Can anyone tell me how close the regular rooms are to the Family Suites? Thanks!
Old 12-17-2010, 02:23 AM   #850
ironpig70
DIS Veteran

Read the OP's post and thats it so if this is a repeat I am sorry.

Thank you for this post x10000

Saw that WDW was doing a "special" next year where you get the dining plan for free. No going but figured why not see what a trip would cost so we can start saving and hopefully get in on the next one. Well when I looked online it gave me this room or Port Orleans Riverside. I was a bit confused at why it wouldn't let me book a regular room at All Stars. And this room versus Port Orleans is a $600 difference(10 days in Sept all other things being equal).

I think the second bath is worth half that and the second tv is worth the other half. Then I get a micro, fridge, a queen size bed and privacy.

Yeah next trip I will be booking this room for sure.

Also thanks for the heads up on the pools. Last trip we stayed atthe movies down by Woody and Buzz and used the Fantasia pool and didn't realize there was 2 pools.

Also whats great about these rooms is the laundry area(atleast movies) kid played in the pool while we did laundry as its by the Fantasia pool. Less clothes means no checked bags which equals money saved.

Last edited by ironpig70; 12-17-2010 at 02:32 AM.
ironpig70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 07:48 AM   #851
sunsetbeachgal
DIS Veteran

Beth,

The buildings the family suites are in have a mixture of suites and preferred rooms-all family suites are located in the Preferred buildings which are closer to the lobby. Our kids, their spouses and grandkids had family suites 506 and 504 in the Calypso Building, and next to it was 502 which was a regular hotel room (it is considered preferred). We were in 520 which was close but on the other side of the building.

Good luck!

Family Reunion trip at Disney ASMu Nov. 7-13, 2010. It was perfect

March, 2012 Disney getaway at Coronado Springs for the adults only!

October, 2012 went to Disneyland..and I've never seen such crowds anywhere in my life!

June 15-22, 2013. Family trip to WDW at POFQ First WDW Summer trip and it was fantastic!

March, 2014. Universal Studios and cruise on Freedom of the Seas
sunsetbeachgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 05:59 PM   #852
jeanylaser

i really wanted to stay in Family suites at AsMu this is our first time in the Family suites for Jan 2011!

Last edited by jeanylaser; 12-24-2010 at 09:54 AM.
Old 12-27-2010, 02:11 PM   #853
wvdislover
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironpig70 View Post
Well when I looked online it gave me this room or Port Orleans Riverside. I was a bit confused at why it wouldn't let me book a regular room at All Stars. I think the second bath is worth half that and the second tv is worth the other half. Then I get a micro, fridge, a queen size bed and privacy.
The reason it wouldn't let you book a regular room is b/c there are 5 of you in your family. The only value/mod. room you can get is either POR or ASMu FS They are the only ones that can accomodate 5 people.
July '89--Fort Wilderness; Feb '93--Dolphin, POR; Feb '95--Marriott World Center; Feb '97--Marriott World Center, POR; Feb '99--Marriott World Center; April '02--AS Movies; Feb '03--Gaylord Palms, Hard Rock Hotel; Feb '04--Dolphin, Hotel at Florida Mall; Feb '06--POR, Dolphin; June '06--POP; Sept '07--AKL (a dream come true!!!); Feb '08--Coronado Springs Resort/Marriott World Center; Sept '08--Beach Club/Disney Wonder (our first Disney Cruise!!!); Feb '09--Disneyland; Sept '09--Beach Club; Sept '10--Beach Club (3D Travel's Ultimate Field Trip); Sept '11--All-Star Music Family Suites (3D Travel's Ultimate Field Trip); Sept '12--Art of Animation (3D Travel's Ultimate Field Trip for Homeschoolers)
wvdislover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 02:15 PM   #854
wvdislover
DIS Veteran

We're taking the plunge this year and switching to the Family Suites! We've stayed at the Beach Club for the past few years, but decided to save some money this year. I wasn't so sure about it, but after reading just a few posts, my girls and I are very excited about staying here in September!
July '89--Fort Wilderness; Feb '93--Dolphin, POR; Feb '95--Marriott World Center; Feb '97--Marriott World Center, POR; Feb '99--Marriott World Center; April '02--AS Movies; Feb '03--Gaylord Palms, Hard Rock Hotel; Feb '04--Dolphin, Hotel at Florida Mall; Feb '06--POR, Dolphin; June '06--POP; Sept '07--AKL (a dream come true!!!); Feb '08--Coronado Springs Resort/Marriott World Center; Sept '08--Beach Club/Disney Wonder (our first Disney Cruise!!!); Feb '09--Disneyland; Sept '09--Beach Club; Sept '10--Beach Club (3D Travel's Ultimate Field Trip); Sept '11--All-Star Music Family Suites (3D Travel's Ultimate Field Trip); Sept '12--Art of Animation (3D Travel's Ultimate Field Trip for Homeschoolers)
wvdislover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 05:49 PM   #855
jeanylaser

thanks!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: