Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 02-06-2010, 04:03 PM   #721
Christine9125
DIS Veteran
 
Christine9125's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,566

Since all the values are 10% discount with AAA are the suites also 10% discount?
__________________

1999-ASMo, 2002-ASMo, 2004-WL, 2008-POP, 2011-BC CL, 2013-POP, 2015-AOA
Christine9125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 12:42 PM   #722
apriltjr
Earning My Ears
 
apriltjr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 41

Moving Ottomon bed

I have searched and searched this thread and can't find a definite answer, so please forgive me if it's been answered!

We (DH, DS 17, DS 16, DS 13) are heading to ASMu for our second trip next year!

My DS 16 is disabled and we'd really like to move the ottomon bed into the bedroom with us.

Has anyone actually been able to do this?

Thanks!
apriltjr is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 02-09-2010, 01:55 PM   #723
lovesdumbo
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 12,982

Quote:
Originally Posted by apriltjr View Post
I have searched and searched this thread and can't find a definite answer, so please forgive me if it's been answered!

We (DH, DS 17, DS 16, DS 13) are heading to ASMu for our second trip next year!

My DS 16 is disabled and we'd really like to move the ottomon bed into the bedroom with us.

Has anyone actually been able to do this?

Thanks!
I thought I read that someone on this thread was able to do that but having stayed there I would say it would NOT be easy.

Also how big is your DS? We didn't actually use the ottomon but I didn't think it was quite as big as a twin bed. You might be better off bringing a twin size aero bed or other inflatable matress with you.
__________________
lovesdumbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 02:19 PM   #724
apriltjr
Earning My Ears
 
apriltjr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 41

Quote:
I thought I read that someone on this thread was able to do that but having stayed there I would say it would NOT be easy.

Also how big is your DS? We didn't actually use the ottomon but I didn't think it was quite as big as a twin bed. You might be better off bringing a twin size aero bed or other inflatable matress with you.
Son is about 5'4" and weighs about 115 lbs. He just likes to go to bed before the rest of us and I really like having him close in case he needs us in the middle of the night. I guess it's really mainly for piece of mind for me, not necessarily because he particularly needs to be in there with us. I just think I'd sleep better if he were in with us. I guess I'm over protective!
__________________
apriltjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 02:27 PM   #725
lovesdumbo
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 12,982

Quote:
Originally Posted by apriltjr View Post
Son is about 5'4" and weighs about 115 lbs. He just likes to go to bed before the rest of us and I really like having him close in case he needs us in the middle of the night. I guess it's really mainly for piece of mind for me, not necessarily because he particularly needs to be in there with us. I just think I'd sleep better if he were in with us. I guess I'm over protective!
Sounds like he would fit on the ottoman.

Hopefully someone else will respond with how hard it would be to get it into the bedroom. First you would have to get it through the bedroom then you would have to get it past the amoire to the other side of the bed where I think it would fit.
__________________
lovesdumbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 03:04 PM   #726
marcielm
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Houston
Posts: 1,456

Quote:
Originally Posted by apriltjr View Post
I have searched and searched this thread and can't find a definite answer, so please forgive me if it's been answered!

We (DH, DS 17, DS 16, DS 13) are heading to ASMu for our second trip next year!

My DS 16 is disabled and we'd really like to move the ottomon bed into the bedroom with us.

Has anyone actually been able to do this?

Thanks!
We tried to move it in last year, but didn't have any luck (and it wasn't that important to kill ourselves doing it). I think we determined that if you put it on it's side, you could squeeze it through the door.

We are going back again in 1 month, I'll see if it can be pushed through and then come back and report to you if we had any luck!!

Your son should do fine on it... it is a twin size bed when it is fully opened. My DS#2 slept on it, with my DD#3 on the chair bed (to give her "rails" so she wouldn't fall off).
marcielm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 05:50 PM   #727
nicko
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 8

I asked this same question about a year ago and never really got an answer.

Well, last April we stayed in an All Star Music Suite and were able to move the ottoman fold out bed into the master bedroom. The only trick was that you had to tilt it sideways to get it through the bedroom door. It really was quite easy. After that, it fit no problem.

Enjoy your stay.
nicko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 06:11 PM   #728
apriltjr
Earning My Ears
 
apriltjr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 41

Quote:
I asked this same question about a year ago and never really got an answer.

Well, last April we stayed in an All Star Music Suite and were able to move the ottoman fold out bed into the master bedroom. The only trick was that you had to tilt it sideways to get it through the bedroom door. It really was quite easy. After that, it fit no problem.

Enjoy your stay.
Thanks so much!
__________________
apriltjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 06:39 PM   #729
LoveBeingSAHM
Mouseketeer
 
LoveBeingSAHM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: North-West Virginia
Posts: 81

Thumbs up

We just got home and we had no problem moving the ottamen bed into the master bedroom...the first night our 2 1/2 yr old slept on it and after that I slept on it - I am 5'10" and "heavy" and I slept ok on it - my feet hung off some but I sleep like that all the time anyway.

We loved the family suite and are planning another trip in December...it was my husband and myself, our two boys (ages 7 and 2 1/2) and my MIL...hope that helps!

Let me know if you have any other questions!!

Michelle
__________________
DH Me DS (10) DS (5)



YC - 1999; BC - 2009, 2012; ASMU - 2010; POP - 2010
LoveBeingSAHM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 06:46 PM   #730
ipodluvr287
DIS Veteran
 
ipodluvr287's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: GA
Posts: 891

In September we will be staying at ASMu in a family suite. We would like to stay in a Calypso building. Can anyone give me some room numbers with good views that we could request? Thanks
__________________
ASMu June 2000 | ASMu Family Suite Sept 2010 | Offsite Dec 2010
My Tumblrs: Disney Face Character Blog & Personal Blog
ipodluvr287 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 03:46 PM   #731
Elmo888
"Cake is a sometimes food. Cake is a sometimes food." - Linda Flynn Fletcher
 
Elmo888's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,899

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipodluvr287 View Post
In September we will be staying at ASMu in a family suite. We would like to stay in a Calypso building. Can anyone give me some room numbers with good views that we could request? Thanks
It is easier for the CMs to find you a room if they know what you are looking for. If you get too specific, they really don't know what you want and it is difficult for them to fulfill your request.

List your first request first. If it is most important for you to be in Calypso, then that should be your first request. If it is more important for you to have a room that is not facing the pool, then that should be your first request. There aren't really any views. With Calypso buildings, you either face the interior of the resort, which is the pool and walkway in the case of Calypso, or greenery and other buildings.

On one stay, we had a room in a Calypso building on the first floor facing greenery. It was perfect. It was quiet with only a little foot traffic to the parking lot. On the second visit, I requested Calypso and not facing the pool. Well, we ended up in Calypso facing the pool on the third floor (which wasn't too bad - first floor would have been worse). The pool area can get quite loud with music and DJs throughout the day and evening. I would have preferred a room in the Jazz building facing anything to one in Calypso that overlooks the pool.

So, you just need to decide what is most important to you - floor, facing pool or not, building? And make your requests in order of importance.
__________________
11/14 Art of Animation FINALLY GOING BACK!
12/09 All Star Music Family Suites
1/08 All Star Music Family Suites
1/07 Wilderness Lodge - First time with DDs and our 10th Anniversary
1/01 Port Orleans
1/97 Wilderness Lodge - Honeymoon
3/90 Treehouse Villas
3/86 Contemporary Resort
'74 - '76 Contemporary Resort/Offsite/Too young to remember details
Elmo888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 04:17 PM   #732
jeanylaser
Embassy Suites Lake Buena Vista biggest fan
 
jeanylaser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: MIAMI, FL
Posts: 2,534

I can't wait to stay in the family Suites at ASMU!
__________________
Dec 2014- Wyndham Lake Buena Vista Resort


jeanylaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 12:43 PM   #733
Soccer_Mom
Earning My Ears
 
Soccer_Mom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 34

My family & I are think of staying in the suites either in November or February.
Thanks for the great info!
Soccer_Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 01:29 PM   #734
sharadoc
Visiting Disney World since 1986, happily driving every trip since 1994.
 
sharadoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Limerick, PA
Posts: 6,517

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christine9125 View Post
Since all the values are 10% discount with AAA are the suites also 10% discount?
Yes, we stayed in a family suite last year on the AAA discount.
__________________
DH (Mike) & Me (Sharon) DS Shawn (19,ASD) DD Lauren (13) Daisy



Watch Osborne Lights 2013 Winter Wonderland! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcF2eEkqtWk

6X POFQ; 3X ASMu FS, FW cabin; 2x BWV, OKW; 1X BCV, YC, CR-TPV, SSR plus many offsite in the 80's
sharadoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 03:04 PM   #735
kifuller4
Mouseketeer
 
kifuller4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Illinois
Posts: 423

staying in a suite in August I can't wait.

Hope the pull out beds are still comfy.... anyone been in the last few months?
kifuller4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:49 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: