Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-31-2009, 12:26 PM   #691
lov2b@disney
DIS Veteran

We are staying in the suites in October with FD!

lov2b@disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 03:56 PM   #692
DaveCN
Gooby Pls . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinkerbell's Mommy View Post
My husband thinks that the shuttle busses will be great, I'm worried about getting to and from the parks twice a day with the baby. Does anyone know if, given the historically low crowd levels for that week, how the shuttles may be?
Big plus - busses will be less crowded.
Not so great, they will come a little less often.

You know your child - is a crowd or waiting a longer time more likley to be upsetting? Most kids would do better if not so cramped and crowded, I think.

We just got back from being there 8/1-8/8. We requested and got a room on an upper floor in Calypso NOT facing the pool. (Less noise, but still nice and close to pool and to the food court). The kids' area with the couch and chair/ottoman beds was pretty tight for space. My kids are 17, 13 and 11. Probably better with wee ones. :-)

If the 17yo does not go next time, we are definitely not staying at All Star. Don't get me wrong, this room, with the kitchenette, and at the price we got, worked out great. But if I dont need the bed space, I don't want to stay at the budget place again. Too big, food court was not near as nice as at POR, and it was too far away from everything.
DaveCN is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-12-2009, 08:45 PM   #693
KELLY
DIS Veteran

This may be a possibility for our trip in October there is only 4 of us but the extra room would be great for naps. Can I get free dining with a suite? It is still cheaper than a deluxe.

Many Trips the past 6 years at pop with free dining!
Me , DH , DD 8 and DD 6
KELLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 08:56 PM   #694
sharadoc
Visiting Disney World since 1986, happily driving every trip since 1994.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KELLY View Post
This may be a possibility for our trip in October there is only 4 of us but the extra room would be great for naps. Can I get free dining with a suite? It is still cheaper than a deluxe.
Yes you can! We had it this year until we switched to the room discount instead.

Watch Osborne Lights 2013 Winter Wonderland! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcF2eEkqtWk

6X POFQ; 3X ASMu FS, FW cabin; 2x BWV, OKW; 1X BCV, YC, CR-TPV, SSR plus many offsite in the 80's
sharadoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 08:57 PM   #695
Elmo888
"Cake is a sometimes food. Cake is a sometimes food." - Linda Flynn Fletcher

Quote:
Yes! We are getting free dining with the family suite. We love it, and we are only 4 (2 adults, 2 kids).
1/07 Wilderness Lodge - First time with DDs and our 10th Anniversary
1/01 Port Orleans
1/97 Wilderness Lodge - Honeymoon
3/90 Treehouse Villas
3/86 Contemporary Resort
'74 - '76 Contemporary Resort/Offsite/Too young to remember details
Elmo888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 09:15 PM   #696
KELLY
DIS Veteran

Are you just doing the counter service the comes with it? Or do you up grade to the regular plan? I'm not sure on this. We at least want to eat once at CP but I could always pay for that out of Pocket. My dh has to have his bisquits and gravy at least once.

Me , DH , DD 8 and DD 6
Old 08-13-2009, 11:43 AM   #697
preciousmama45
Truly Devoted.....

Quote:
Are you just doing the counter service the comes with it? Or do you up grade to the regular plan? I'm not sure on this. We at least want to eat once at CP but I could always pay for that out of Pocket. My dh has to have his bisquits and gravy at least once.
We are doing the family suites with free dining and it is the regular plan (ie. 1 TS, 1 QS and 1 Snack. After I read your post I checked on this with an agent. Are you sure you are only getting counter service meals with your dining?

preciousmama45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 02:00 PM   #698
catne
DIS Veteran

haven't been able to find this answer...we're thinking about bounceback free dining for next year, but not sure about who would be going with us this time. A suite might be the way to go for us - wouldn't mind all the extra room if it's just us for part of the week. Here's the question, though...do you have to fold up the beds or do the maids do that as part of making up the rooms every day? Or do you just fold them up to get them out of the way?
January (twice) & February 2014 SSR December 2013 POFQ October 2013 Off-site, September 2013,POFQ March 2013 AoA Feb 2013 POFQ Feb 2013 POFQ Jan 2013 Caribbean Beach Nov 2012 POFQ Sept 2012 BC May 2012 POFQ Mar 2012 POFQ Feb 2012 POFQ JAN 2012 AKL Oct 2011 Wilderness Lodge Sep 2011 POFQ Feb 2011 Pop Century Jan 2011 Pop CenturyNov 2010 CSR Sept 2010 Boardwalk May 2010 POFQ Jan 2010 BCV 2009 Sept & 2009 May POFQ 2009 Jan Contempo 2008 Sept Pop 2008 May POFQ 2007 May Poly 2000 May FW Cabin 1992 May off site 1990 May off site
catne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 09:49 PM   #699
KELLY
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the help. If I booked it under our pin code we will get the regular dining. If they have a room. We are still not sure what we are doing. Now my step son is going and he is 18.

Me , DH , DD 8 and DD 6
Old 08-23-2009, 09:21 AM   #700
KELLY
DIS Veteran

Thanks everyone we booked the All Star Music suite. My step son is now going. He is 18 so we had to add another adult. It was to expensive for 2 rooms at CBR. I have never stayed at a value I hope we enjoy it. We also got the FD but the reg plan. I booked with a pin so we were able to keep our sit down meal. I know my kids will miss the slide but I think the icons will make up for it.

Me , DH , DD 8 and DD 6
Old 08-23-2009, 11:02 AM   #701
lovesdumbo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by catne View Post
haven't been able to find this answer...we're thinking about bounceback free dining for next year, but not sure about who would be going with us this time. A suite might be the way to go for us - wouldn't mind all the extra room if it's just us for part of the week. Here's the question, though...do you have to fold up the beds or do the maids do that as part of making up the rooms every day? Or do you just fold them up to get them out of the way?
I found it easier to fold them out to get them out of the way. The maids would unfold and tidy up the beds and then fold them back up again.
Old 08-25-2009, 01:35 PM   #702
KELLY
DIS Veteran

Thanks to everyone on this thread it has been very helpful. No we just have under 2 months til our stay.

Me , DH , DD 8 and DD 6
Old 08-29-2009, 10:52 PM   #703
pooh's_my_fave
Earning My Ears

Can the suites connect to a standard room?

We have a suite booked, but are considering booking a standard room as well for more room. If we do this, are there some suites that can connect to regular rooms? If that's not possible, can they at least be adjoining, quite close together??

Thanks for the help!

Andi
pooh's_my_fave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 08:59 AM   #704
lovesdumbo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooh's_my_fave View Post
We have a suite booked, but are considering booking a standard room as well for more room. If we do this, are there some suites that can connect to regular rooms? If that's not possible, can they at least be adjoining, quite close together??

Thanks for the help!

Andi
There aren't any suites that connect to regular rooms. When we stayed in a suite our friends joined us several days later and they were about 2 or 3 doors down from us in a regular room.
Old 08-31-2009, 08:29 AM   #705
hopeandtink
Mouseketeer

best area to request for suite

What are the best areas to request for the family suites? I know that they are all close to melody hall but we would like to be close to the food court and bus stop. Thanks!!
ASMU suites Sept. 2009 for free dining
Boardwalk Villa's April 2010-adults only
Port Orleans Riverside and Bonnet Creek June 2012

hopeandtink is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: