Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-09-2009, 04:41 PM   #661
Eeyore's My Favorite
EW Disney Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs.Prince View Post
After much thought...and it believe me it was a lot of thought...Our family will be making our first trip to Disney with a stay here.

Now..is it hard to get around to the other resorts? Like I wanted to go to Whispering Canyon on afternoon...how would go about getting there?
When we stayed at ASMu last year, we took the bus to the MK, then took the boat over to the WL. You just have to allow plenty of time to get to your reservation. I think we allowed an hour - to 1 1/2hrs. We loved taking the boat from the MK to the WL, it was nice and relaxing.

Well - the AP's have run out so it's time to begin saving again for the big 30th Wedding Anniversary Celebration.

AKL, CBR, WL, POP, POR, ASMo, ASMu, AS Sports, Fort Wilderness -1973-Grad Night : 1st WDW visit the year it opened!!
Eeyore's My Favorite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 05:57 PM   #662
KSDisneyDad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharadoc View Post
HI. I may have an answer for you. Apparently they put together a few different suite layouts when they were "testing" them. There is another layout with only one bathroom, but a half wall creating two separate seating areas, and L shaped bench for the table. I'm guessing the poster stayed in one of the other alternates.

I think the current family suite layout was the "cheapest" to create, so that's why they went with it, but they decided not to re-tool the other samples.
Interesting...I hope we don't get the one with only one bathroom.

We're looking forward to our first visit to the suites. We've traditionally just booked two rooms, but are looking forward to the little kitchen area. We generally rent a car and stop at Wal-mart for breakfast foods for the week. This will make it much easier for us with the fridge, microwave and coffee maker.

And the real reason for booking the suites is to have a Queen size bed. Is it the same size as a traditional queen size or is it shorter?
WDW - BCV (Jun '12) BLT (Jun '11); Boardwalk (Sep '10); Poly (Aug '07), CR (Nov '06), AKL (Nov '04, Sept '06), Swan (Dec '05), POR (Dec '98, Mar '10), POFQ (Mar '05), CSR (Nov '02), CBR (Jun '03), Sports (Dec99, Oct '01, Dec '02), Music (Aug '09), Movies (Dec '00, Aug '07), Pop (Jun '04 Jun '05)
DLR - August 2008 and January 2013 at DLH
DCL Gold CC Member: Magic Western (Sep-05, Sep-06); Magic Panama Canal Repo (Aug-08); Wonder 4-night (Mar-10 and Sept-10) Fantasy Eastern (Jun-12)

Next Trip: 6/15/2013 - 7-Night Eastern Caribbean Fantasy and BLT!
KSDisneyDad is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-27-2009, 06:26 PM   #663
minnie61650

DIS Veteran

Location: On a Lake in Southeast Michigan,Snowbird home Bonita Springs,Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSDisneyDad View Post
Interesting...I hope we don't get the one with only one bathroom.

We're looking forward to our first visit to the suites. We've traditionally just booked two rooms, but are looking forward to the little kitchen area. We generally rent a car and stop at Wal-mart for breakfast foods for the week. This will make it much easier for us with the fridge, microwave and coffee maker.

And the real reason for booking the suites is to have a Queen size bed. Is it the same size as a traditional queen size or is it shorter?
The Queen size bed is the traditional size.

As far as the old model Family Suite with the one bath the resort generally uses that one as a free upgrade.

Have fun at WDW!
minnie61650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 06:46 PM   #664
ljcrochet
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMAMom View Post
Has anyone else found this to be true? We booked a suite with free dining in September and if this is true I would love to have a suite with a bathroom in the bedroom! Thanks.
I think as Sharadoc said it was one of the test rooms. The next year we stayed in a suite with like everyone else.
ljcrochet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 08:22 PM   #665
jhpatrick1
Mouseketeer

Does anyone know how may suites they have with one bathroom and how many with two bathrooms? Just trying to figure out my chances of getting a two bathroom suite. The two bathrooms was one of the reasons (plus the fridge) that we decided to go with the suite instead of two sports rooms. Thinking the two bathrooms were equivalent with sports and suites. Now maybe I should rethink things. If we get one bathroom that's not as convenient to have some sleep on pull outs. DH is concerned about comfort. Going with DH, DD, two DS, and DMIL. Two bathrooms would be VERY helpful. Just wondering if anyone knew of specifics.

October 2007~All Star Sports
November 2008~CBR
October 2009~Port Orleans Riverside
October 2010~Port Orleans Riverside
January 2014 ~ Port Orleans Riverside
jhpatrick1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 08:43 PM   #666
minnie61650

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhpatrick1 View Post
Does anyone know how may suites they have with one bathroom and how many with two bathrooms? Just trying to figure out my chances of getting a two bathroom suite. The two bathrooms was one of the reasons (plus the fridge) that we decided to go with the suite instead of two sports rooms. Thinking the two bathrooms were equivalent with sports and suites. Now maybe I should rethink things. If we get one bathroom that's not as convenient to have some sleep on pull outs. DH is concerned about comfort. Going with DH, DD, two DS, and DMIL. Two bathrooms would be VERY helpful. Just wondering if anyone knew of specifics.

There were only 3 test model rooms built.

So there are no more than 2 (most likely just 1 )Family Suite/s with 1 bath room the rest are the layout described in the first post of this thread.

Since there are 192 Family Suites I would say your odds of getting a 2 bath Family Suite are excellent.

Have fun at WDW!

Last edited by minnie61650; 04-27-2009 at 09:06 PM. Reason: Only 3 test model rooms built
Old 04-27-2009, 08:55 PM   #667
jhpatrick1
Mouseketeer

Thanks so much for the info. Makes me feel much better. I'll just keep my suite ressie. I am very exicted

October 2007~All Star Sports
November 2008~CBR
October 2009~Port Orleans Riverside
October 2010~Port Orleans Riverside
January 2014 ~ Port Orleans Riverside
jhpatrick1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 09:04 PM   #668
minnie61650

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhpatrick1 View Post
Thanks so much for the info. Makes me feel much better. I'll just keep my suite ressie. I am very exicted
Congrats!
I am glad you are you are excited.
I just did a little more research and there were only 3 test model rooms built not 4.

This info was posted on allearsnet:

Quote:

Michael and Peggy learned that 3 different models were considered by Disney. These photos represent one model. All three suite models were similar - with some layout and furnishing differences. They all have a kitchenette.
http://allears.net/acc/g_asuites.htm

i hope you and family enjoy the All Star Music Family Suites as much as DH & I did!
Old 04-29-2009, 08:55 PM   #669
rak5701
Earning My Ears

Coffee Maker QUestion

Do they provide you with filters for the coffee maker or do you need to bring your own? If you need your own, what kind/size should I bring??

Thanks!
rak5701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 09:39 PM   #670
lovesdumbo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnie61650 View Post
Here are photos of the coffee maker and the coffee:

This is what the coffee maker looks like. They do provide coffee prepackaged in the filter so you would need basket style filters if you bring your own coffee.
Old 05-22-2009, 07:44 AM   #671
mwatson011
Mouseketeer

I will be in WDW 12/4-12/11, which is also Pop Warner week. We have 6 people, and our options are ASMU Family Suite or FW Cabin. I know there are other options, but these are all that will work with our family. How good/bad is it at ASMU during Pop Warner week? I have read some horror stories, also some that are positive, so I want to know how this resort has been impacted in the past? My mother is handicapped, so the ASMU seems more convenient, but we also have pre-schoolers, so aren't looking for extra noise either. TIA
mwatson011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 10:43 AM   #672
bookgirl
I don't eat onions-they squelch when you bite into them
I don't eat raisins-they look like dried up bugs
Can we say food issues?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwatson011 View Post
I will be in WDW 12/4-12/11, which is also Pop Warner week. We have 6 people, and our options are ASMU Family Suite or FW Cabin. I know there are other options, but these are all that will work with our family. How good/bad is it at ASMU during Pop Warner week? I have read some horror stories, also some that are positive, so I want to know how this resort has been impacted in the past? My mother is handicapped, so the ASMU seems more convenient, but we also have pre-schoolers, so aren't looking for extra noise either. TIA

I'd think if you requested to be on the back of a building you'd be okay. Most of the noise and activity seems to happen in the front courtyards.

bookgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 12:58 AM   #673
Amyz00
Now I feel like
Once you are seated, that's it, no more interaction
Pictures and old videos aren't just doing it for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnie61650 View Post
The Queen size bed is the traditional size.

As far as the old model Family Suite with the one bath the resort generally uses that one as a free upgrade.

Have fun at WDW!
Linda -

Do you know how to get the old model as a free upgrade? Some friends of ours are going to go with us and they are first timers to WDW. I would love to get them this upgrade, if at all possible, since they also have two small children (one boy and one girl). Do you know if you can request it or is it just given to someone as a surprise?
ASMuFS - 7/2009

Amyz00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 08:17 PM   #674
always_learning
Mouseketeer

Quick question regarding the Family Suite and another room needed. My family would be using the family suite and then my mom and sister with nephew are coming along also and will need a standard/preferred room. Can we get both of them in the same building or are the Family Suite buildings only that.
always_learning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 09:18 PM   #675
lovesdumbo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by always_learning View Post
Quick question regarding the Family Suite and another room needed. My family would be using the family suite and then my mom and sister with nephew are coming along also and will need a standard/preferred room. Can we get both of them in the same building or are the Family Suite buildings only that.
You should be able to be relatively close-there are standard rooms in the same buildings as suites-you can link your reservations together.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: