Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-21-2009, 04:02 PM   #631
tnmomof4
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenA81 View Post
I'm planning a trip for 2 groups, my family (of 4) and my parents and sister (3). My family wants to stay in a suite and I would like to put my parents and sister in a standard room. Are there standard rooms close to the family suites so we could still stay close together?

I am like the others. We were at ASMusic in November. We stayed in a family suite in the Jazz building, and my mom, step-dad, and little brother were in a room right next to us. (We stayed in suite 9552)

We were a Grand Gathering, and I was told many times that they do the Grand Gathering room assignments first so that they can be close to each other.

tnmomof4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 04:40 PM   #632
BenA81
is it a golf ball?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnmomof4 View Post
I am like the others. We were at ASMusic in November. We stayed in a family suite in the Jazz building, and my mom, step-dad, and little brother were in a room right next to us. (We stayed in suite 9552)

We were a Grand Gathering, and I was told many times that they do the Grand Gathering room assignments first so that they can be close to each other.
thanks ! I'm still debating as to whether to get 2 connecting rooms or 1 standard and 1 suite. It all comes down to $$$

DIS DAD #261
BenA81 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-22-2009, 12:23 PM   #633
Lovemy3babes
Is always in need to get herself and her children back to our "Happy Place"!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnmomof4 View Post
We have stayed in Calypso twice and Jazz once. Calypso is closer, but our room in Jazz was not that much farther. The one thing I liked about our suite in Calypso, was that there is a sidewalk that runs beside the main building up to where the busses drop people off and then on to the park bus stops. If there were days that I didn't want to walk through the lobby, we just used this sidewalk. Sometimes if my family goes in through the lobby, it is another 45 minutes because all the kids (and me) want to look in the gift shop. Just walking outside on this sidewalk avoids this.

In November, we were right on the end of Calypso, right by the stairs. We used the elevator some nights too. We walked by the pool every day. I liked that because I could read the info by the pool, like the temp. I also liked it because it was a change for us. We liked seeing the big drum set every day and the Jazz fountain. I walked over to Calypso by our previous room, and timed it just to see. I walked from Calypso up to the main building using the back enterence. It was literally only a few minutes difference.

Any other questions, I would be glad to help. We loved all three of our stays in the suite. We are looking forward to another stay in September!!
Thank you SO MUCH! I think we'll request Calypso and will hopefully luck out and get it. I won't be too upset if we don't get it though.

Just me and my girl…a very special 13th Birthday trip!
(updated 2/20/14)
Lovemy3babes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 02:24 PM   #634
tnmomof4
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovemy3babes View Post
Thank you SO MUCH! I think we'll request Calypso and will hopefully luck out and get it. I won't be too upset if we don't get it though.
I am going to do the same thing. I am going to request it, and if we don't get it that will be okay too. Good Luck to both of us though!!!

I wanted to edit to add something. When we stayed in Jazz we were in room 9552. It was on the very end, right by the stairs. This might have added to me not thinking our suite was that far. I just thought about the fact that other suites in Jazz might seem farther away than the one we had.

tnmomof4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 12:24 PM   #635
mommy4
DIS Veteran

I got a great deal $120 a night for family suite from expedia for our November trip and I'm so excited to learn more about this!!! All 6 of us stayed at POR last year, and I'm sure we'll appreciate the extra room this time around!

mommy4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 10:15 PM   #636
InnerTink
Earning My Ears

Hi just wanted some clarification....I have read alot about the curtains for the bathrooms, they do both in addition have doors to the toilet/shower area right? What about a door between the main room and the other?I have teens that like to stay up later than us,I'd like to be able to let them and go on to sleep
InnerTink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 10:37 AM   #637
lovesdumbo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by InnerTink View Post
Hi just wanted some clarification....I have read alot about the curtains for the bathrooms, they do both in addition have doors to the toilet/shower area right? What about a door between the main room and the other?I have teens that like to stay up later than us,I'd like to be able to let them and go on to sleep
The curtains seperate the entire closet/sink areas. Both bathrooms still have doors to the toilet/shower.

There is a door to the bedroom.

You can see the edge of the open curtain for one vanity/closet here:

The curtain is closed in this photo:

You can see the bedroom door here:
Old 02-15-2009, 04:24 PM   #638
PHXscuba
Mouseketeer since birth!
I am lucky to have kids who also love Disney and a husband who loves it (and us) enough to humor my passion!

Can't ... believe .. I read ... the ... whole ... thing!

I read all 43 pages last night and today! Thanks to all who contributed pix and experiences on the family suites. I had been seriously considering the cabins at Ft. Wilderness, but after reading this exhaustive thread, I think they may be better for our family of 6. I am willing to give up the full kitchen for a second bathroom and a shorter walk to food and buses. I also like the idea of us sleeping in a queen rather than a double Murphy bed. Plus, when I priced it out it looks like it may be 15-20 percent cheaper.

I know much earlier in the theread there was talk about Disney expanding the family suites to other resorts. Any updates on that topic?

PHXscuba
PHXscuba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 01:50 PM   #639
bouncycat
DIS Veteran

Does anyone know how comfy the pull out beds are? that's a HUGE deciding factor for me! We're currently booked at CBR, but sister is wanting her own bed!! UG!!! Thanks for the info!

bouncycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 03:02 PM   #640
sharadoc
Visiting Disney World since 1986, happily driving every trip since 1994.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bouncycat View Post
Does anyone know how comfy the pull out beds are? that's a HUGE deciding factor for me! We're currently booked at CBR, but sister is wanting her own bed!! UG!!! Thanks for the info!
Hi. They are fine. I did notice that the metal sides of the bed were "even" with the mattress and when I sat on the edge of the bed to get up in the morning, I could feel the metal edge. It didn't pinch or anything, though.

I would recommend the family suite for the convenience of a living room, and a second bathroom. Plus the kitchenette is awesome. We're going back in August and will probably only stay in a family suite if we stay on-site.

Watch Osborne Lights 2013 Winter Wonderland! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcF2eEkqtWk

6X POFQ; 3X ASMu FS, FW cabin; 2x BWV, OKW; 1X BCV, YC, CR-TPV, SSR plus many offsite in the 80's
sharadoc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 07:42 PM   #641
lovesdumbo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bouncycat View Post
I spent a few hours on the sofa with my DD's watching a movie one night. I found it as comfortable as any value/moderate full size bed. I also spent a few hours on the chair bed and while it was OK I don't know if I could have slept on it for a whole week. My DS(7) thought it was great.
Old 04-02-2009, 09:21 AM   #642
dwmlaf
Mouseketeer

I have a question about mousekeeping and the family suites.

I know that mousekeeping will make the beds, but what about the pull out's?

Do most of you make up the pull out's or just leave for mousekeeping?

I don't want to make their work more difficult if I put it up and they have to pull it back out to make the beds.
Oct 08/F&W - BCV/ASMU
June 09/Grandson's First Trip - ASMO
Oct 09/F&W - POP
dwmlaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 10:32 AM   #643
bouncycat
DIS Veteran

Thanks, my sister helped me decide and we upgraded to the cabins. She REALLY doesn't like the idea of the pull outs, and is gonna put our mother on the pull down murphy bed. We are getting 2 rooms here in May, hopefully they're connecting. Any better chance to get that if we check in early? The ressies are already tied together...and it's requested ON the ressie...I've just heard horror stories! I wanna be right there with my parents!!

bouncycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 10:47 AM   #644
Grumpy's Wife
Dollar Tree gal here
sissy fluffed, sissy fluffed!
I'll have one of what ever the tag fairy is drinking tonight
Chocolate is a girls heaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwmlaf View Post
I have a question about mousekeeping and the family suites.

I know that mousekeeping will make the beds, but what about the pull out's?

Do most of you make up the pull out's or just leave for mousekeeping?

I don't want to make their work more difficult if I put it up and they have to pull it back out to make the beds.
They made our pull out's every day. We didn't fully close them but did part of the way so they could tell we used them. Also, if you don't close the sofa at least some it's hard to walk around it in the mornings.

Grumpy's Wife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 10:58 AM   #645
tmarquez
DIS Veteran

We just got back from staying in the Suites. My mom stayed on the pullout couch and my DD stayed on the pullout ottoman. Each morning my mom made the pullouts herself and folded them back up. After 3 nights she realized she was probably making life more difficult for the maid because each night when she pulled them back out to sleep, she noticed that the maid had remade them.
tmarquez is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: