Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-17-2008, 12:18 AM   #616
minnie61650

DIS Veteran

Location: On a Lake in Southeast Michigan,Snowbird home Bonita Springs,Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicko View Post
As a few other folks have asked, I'm wondering if I can get the ottoman into the master bedroom door.

An old review said that the ottoman won't fit through the master bedroom door opening. That seems true if you just try and slide it in. How about if you tilt it on it's side and then slide it in? It can't possibly be that big (or heavy) that it wouldn't fit through the door way, can it?

nick
Take a look at the photos in this post.

I think if you open it up and then tip it sideways it should be able to to fit in. Other posters have said it was tight squeeze but they were able to get to get it in.

From this thread:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post28746742

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMGONNABE40! View Post
We spent 7 nights in a family suite, followed by 2 nights at the Beach Club. Best of both worlds, really.

Our suite was in the Jazz building. Still close to everything. We did not have a problem with cleaniliness. Here are a few pics:

Mickey was there to welcome us...and best of all, the suite was ready when I checked in at about 11AM!

Here is the living room with one of the bathrooms (curtain drawn) at the back. Both the green couch and red chair also pulled out into beds. My nephew preferred that tiny bed which folded up to be the hassock to put in front of the chair.

Another angle of that room

The kitchen area with the second bathroom to the right, and the bedroom to the left

As you can see here, both bathrooms have the sink area separate from the toilet/tub area. There is also room to hang clothes and store items. Each storage area has a safe.

Here is the bedroom

I think this shot gives some idea of the size of the suite

And, I know someone wants to know, so here is our room #! It was on the 2d floor of the Jazz building (#9) facing the main pool

Overall, I was very pleased with my decison to stay in the family suite. There was plenty of storage space, and the ends of each of the armoire/entertainment centers were designed with shelves to stash your stuff. When we were there in August we thougth it was too hot to go to the pool much before sundown, but, that was what the Beach Club portion of the vacation was for.

Hope you have as great a time as we did!!

Oh, I think the movies started at 8 or 9..after it got dark. They may start earlier these days.

And to the OP, Yes, you do get ME and busses to EMH.
minnie61650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 12:57 AM   #617
Family Fun Mom
No longer tagless... my wit has been confirmed!
NOTHING FROM THE SEA!

Great pictures! It looks plenty big enough for my family of 5.I love seeing pictures. I'd love to see more if people have them
Family Fun Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-02-2009, 11:27 PM   #618
poohbear8
DIS Veteran

For those who are considering a blow up bed, Walgreens sells one that is made by Aero and is a lot cheaper. I think it sells for $59.99, but usually has a rebate of about $20. It comes with a bag and pump and goes up and down quickly! It is much better than the coleman air mattress I bought at Target.

I haven't read all of these pages, but can anyone tell me if they have read reviews or have had a pre-teens and adults sleep on the pull outs? I am considering a suite for myself, DD(12), her BF (12) and BF's mom. It looks like one mom and one girl would be on the pull outs at some point. Maybe two rooms would be best? Any thoughts?

Edited to add: I just remembered two rooms isn't an option, since I did a bounce back and have free dining. I tried for 2 rooms when I called and couldn't do it.

Last edited by poohbear8; 01-02-2009 at 11:32 PM.
poohbear8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 06:57 AM   #619
minnie61650

DIS Veteran

Location: On a Lake in Southeast Michigan,Snowbird home Bonita Springs,Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear8 View Post
For those who are considering a blow up bed, Walgreens sells one that is made by Aero and is a lot cheaper. I think it sells for $59.99, but usually has a rebate of about $20. It comes with a bag and pump and goes up and down quickly! It is much better than the coleman air mattress I bought at Target.

I haven't read all of these pages, but can anyone tell me if they have read reviews or have had a pre-teens and adults sleep on the pull outs? I am considering a suite for myself, DD(12), her BF (12) and BF's mom. It looks like one mom and one girl would be on the pull outs at some point. Maybe two rooms would be best? Any thoughts?

Edited to add: I just remembered two rooms isn't an option, since I did a bounce back and have free dining. I tried for 2 rooms when I called and couldn't do it.

The Family Suites are available for Free Dining in a limited amount.
There have been many good reports of guests who have slept on the pullouts.

I thought the pullouts very comfortable.

They are designed so the back cushion and seat cushion of the pullout support the pullout. There is no metal bar to hurt the sleepers back.

Info thread--Pullouts in Family Suites at ASMU with photos of how the pullout is supported.

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...0#post18100990

Here is my review of the Suites:

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...74&postcount=7

Have fun at Disney wherever you choose to stay!
minnie61650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 09:09 AM   #620
paper1225
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE=poohbear8;29439255]
QUOTE]

When we stayed at the Suites Christmas '06, DH and I had the bedroom and in the living room was our son, then 6, and two preteens-they were just fine with the pull outs-one had the couch the other took the chair! It was great that they all could have their own sleeping area!
Old 01-03-2009, 04:31 PM   #621
poohbear8
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the info! Guess I will keep the suite and start saving my money to pay off the trip.
poohbear8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 06:08 PM   #622
RussellDisney
Contemporary tastes on an All Star budget!

Does anyone have any recent info on what paper goods and utensils are consistently stocked in the suites? There was some discussion awhile back that plates and paper towels were not present, or at least not restocked.

We are considering using Garden Grocer for water, soda, snacks, etc. Anyone used them recently? Were you happy with their service?

Thanks.

Like my avatar? I took that pic!!

July 1978 - Offsite and hotter than blue-blazes
December 1993 - Offsite and perfect weather
September 2005 - All Star Movies, first trip with the wife and kids
December 2007 - Westgate Lakes Resort with me, DW, DD6, DS4 and two DFriends
Spring Break 2009 - Best trip ever at the Contemporary Resort - MK view! In fact, here's my Trip Report to prove it: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2141348
RussellDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 12:06 PM   #623
Lovemy3babes
Is always in need to get herself and her children back to our "Happy Place"!

If you booked a family suite and could request a particular building, which would you choose? We don't mind noisy and would rather be closer to the action (food court, pool, bus stops). So, I'm think Calypso? Thoughts?

Just me and my girl…a very special 13th Birthday trip!
(updated 2/20/14)
Lovemy3babes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 02:43 PM   #624
tnmomof4
DIS Veteran

We have stayed in the Suites three times now. I honestly can't imagine putting the ottaman in the bedroom. Not just because of the tight squeeze through the doorway, but because there wouldn't be much room in the bedroom. I don't think it would fit beside the right side of the bed because it is too close to the wall. It might fit on the other side, but you would have to take the chair that is in there out. And even then I don't think it would fit length wise because of the desk. Also that side of the room has an angle to it so there probably wouldn't be enough room to unfold it. It might fit right in front of the bed, between the bed and the TV/dresser. That would be tight too. I just don't think the ottaman would fit.

Also, the fold out bed, chair, ottaman are comfortable. My DS who is almost 13 and my other DS 11 slept on them. My DS 13 is picky, and he said it was soft. I laid on it for a little bit, and thought it was fine. My DH slept on the fold out bed a couple nights, because my twins were coughing too much for him. He said it was pretty comfortable. The way they designed it, they put the bar that usually goes through the middle of normal fold up beds on the sides. A mousekeeper told me they were specially designed just for Disney.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussellDisney View Post
Does anyone have any recent info on what paper goods and utensils are consistently stocked in the suites? There was some discussion awhile back that plates and paper towels were not present, or at least not restocked.

I think I had brought this up before our November trip. All three of the times we have stayed in the suite it was stocked with paper goods and plastic utensils. We were just there in November. We had paper plates, paper bowls, paper cups, paper towels, and the utensils. There is even a plastic tray they keep in the suite for the utensils. There was also a wine opener in the tray. We did get our paper goods restocked. The cups were restocked every day. I did leave a note that we needed more bowls and utensils, and we got those. I made sure to leave a note though, just in case the mousekeeper didn't check to see if we needed more.

We are considering using Garden Grocer for water, soda, snacks, etc. Anyone used them recently? Were you happy with their service?

We used Garden Grocer for our November trip, and we were very happy with them. We had one missing item, which was a variety pack of plastic utensils. Only two things we got were different than what we ordered on the website, but not enough different to call them back to redeliver. We wanted a 12 pack of pop tarts, but got the 6 pack instead, and something was different about our peanut butter. We had a huge order though, so I thought that more would be wrong. My mom, step-dad, and brother were in the room next to us. Between my family and them, we had over a $450 order.

I was so glad I ordered groceries though. We ate breakfast most mornings in the room. We had mac & cheese and lunchables. Just lots of stuff. We had tons of snacks to eat in the room and take to the parks. We had lots of water and juice boxes. I just looked at my list of what we ordered, and we ordered 105 items!!! (if anyone wants to know what I ordered just ask!) I will be ordering again for our September trip.

I also included the delivery tip to my order on the website. I picked a delivery time of between 8-9 am. Our plane didn't get in until 10:30, but I thought it would be better to pick the earliest time. I called ASMusic about a week before we left letting the front desk know that I was having a delivery. When we got to the resort, our delivery had been made. They do put the cold items in the frig or freezer. It just worked out that our suite was also ready, so my husband and step-dad and a CM brought the things up to the suite.

Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovemy3babes View Post
If you booked a family suite and could request a particular building, which would you choose? We don't mind noisy and would rather be closer to the action (food court, pool, bus stops). So, I'm think Calypso? Thoughts?
We have stayed in Calypso twice and Jazz once. Calypso is closer, but our room in Jazz was not that much farther. The one thing I liked about our suite in Calypso, was that there is a sidewalk that runs beside the main building up to where the busses drop people off and then on to the park bus stops. If there were days that I didn't want to walk through the lobby, we just used this sidewalk. Sometimes if my family goes in through the lobby, it is another 45 minutes because all the kids (and me) want to look in the gift shop. Just walking outside on this sidewalk avoids this.

In November, we were right on the end of Calypso, right by the stairs. We used the elevator some nights too. We walked by the pool every day. I liked that because I could read the info by the pool, like the temp. I also liked it because it was a change for us. We liked seeing the big drum set every day and the Jazz fountain. I walked over to Calypso by our previous room, and timed it just to see. I walked from Calypso up to the main building using the back enterence. It was literally only a few minutes difference.

Any other questions, I would be glad to help. We loved all three of our stays in the suite. We are looking forward to another stay in September!!

Last edited by tnmomof4; 01-14-2009 at 02:50 PM.
tnmomof4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 07:30 AM   #625
El&kris'mom
Earning My Ears

We are returning to Disney May 17, 2009. I am so excited because we are staying onsite. We have a family suite reserved at ASMu. DH and I will be going with our sons (19 y, 5 y and 9 months) . We have been to Disney before but have never stayed onsite.

So I have a few questions:
1. In this thread, it was posted in 2006 and 2007 that paper plates, bowls, cups and plastic utensils were provided, do they still provide this?
2. Does the resort have a highchair or booster seat that we can borrow?
3. How can I get a list of activities that will happen at ASMu while we are there.
4. 19 y has medical issues and we need to send medical supplies. Will the resort hold these items for us until we arrive? What about baby supplies?

Thank you
Dianna
Give Kids the World (2001)
Sheraton Visitana Villages (2008)
ASMu (2009)

Last edited by El&kris'mom; 01-16-2009 at 07:36 AM. Reason: forgot something
El&kris'mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 10:07 AM   #626
bookgirl
I don't eat onions-they squelch when you bite into them
I don't eat raisins-they look like dried up bugs
Can we say food issues?

Quote:
Originally Posted by El&kris'mom View Post
We are returning to Disney May 17, 2009. I am so excited because we are staying onsite. We have a family suite reserved at ASMu. DH and I will be going with our sons (19 y, 5 y and 9 months) . We have been to Disney before but have never stayed onsite.

1. In this thread, it was posted in 2006 and 2007 that paper plates, bowls, cups and plastic utensils were provided, do they still provide this?
2. Does the resort have a highchair or booster seat that we can borrow?
3. How can I get a list of activities that will happen at ASMu while we are there.
4. 19 y has medical issues and we need to send medical supplies. Will the resort hold these items for us until we arrive? What about baby supplies?

Thank you
Dianna
Give Kids the World (2001)
Sheraton Visitana Villages (2008)
ASMu (2009)

Don't know 1 and 2 but

3. We were given a weekly schedule when we checked in with activities and times.
4. They should we were going to have a fax pick up when we got there and they said it needed room holders name and check in date for held items or faxes. But I'd call about boxes because now they are suppossedly charging per box.

UPCOMING: 7/14 Offsite & 10/14 F&W Festival (in planning) WL

bookgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 11:45 AM   #627
tnmomof4
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by El&kris'mom View Post

All three of the times we have stayed in the suite it was stocked with paper goods and plastic utensils. We were just there in November. We had paper plates, paper bowls, paper cups, paper towels, and the utensils. There is even a plastic tray they keep in the suite for the utensils. There was also a wine opener in the tray. We did get our paper goods restocked. The cups were restocked every day. I did leave a note that we needed more bowls and utensils, and we got those. I made sure to leave a note though, just in case the mousekeeper didn't check to see if we needed more.

tnmomof4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 06:59 AM   #628
BenA81
is it a golf ball?

I'm planning a trip for 2 groups, my family (of 4) and my parents and sister (3). My family wants to stay in a suite and I would like to put my parents and sister in a standard room. Are there standard rooms close to the family suites so we could still stay close together?

DIS DAD #261
BenA81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 07:01 AM   #629
PlutoGirl1117
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenA81 View Post
I'm planning a trip for 2 groups, my family (of 4) and my parents and sister (3). My family wants to stay in a suite and I would like to put my parents and sister in a standard room. Are there standard rooms close to the family suites so we could still stay close together?
Yes! My family stayed in a suite in Dec and my mother and her husband were in a regular room and they were right next door! It was great!
Old 01-21-2009, 07:21 AM   #630
BenA81
is it a golf ball?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlutoGirl1117 View Post
Yes! My family stayed in a suite in Dec and my mother and her husband were in a regular room and they were right next door! It was great!
cool, thanks

DIS DAD #261
BenA81 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: