Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-14-2007, 04:12 PM   #436
KatGarcia
Just Keep Swimming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmo888 View Post
We will be at the ASMusic Family Suites about the same time!

I would do this now, because I think that the discount expires on 12/15, which is tomorrow. I was able to apply the discount to our package with the family suite. Even if there are suites available for your dates, there is still a chance that the discounts are sold out for the particular type of room, but it is worth a try!

http://www.wdwinfo.com/disneypackages.htm#current

Have a great trip!
I tried calling and they told me the suite isn't available for the discount!? How many are in your party?

My Disney Princess, Lily

Mission:Visit Disney Once a Month for a Year. A Florida Newbie's Tales.

Trips: Nov 09~POFQ {as a CM!}*Nov 08~ASMu*Aug 08~Pop (1st Solo Trip) & POR*Jan '08~ASMusic Suite/BWV*
Oct 07~CBR {F&W/MNSSHP}*June '07~Disneyland*Dec '06/Jan '07~Pop/CSR*Feb '05~POFQ*June 1996*Several trips as a kid*

KatGarcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 08:21 AM   #437
Elmo888
"Cake is a sometimes food. Cake is a sometimes food." - Linda Flynn Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatGarcia View Post
I tried calling and they told me the suite isn't available for the discount!? How many are in your party?
There are 4 of us, 2 adults and 2 children. I doubt that the number in one's party makes a difference.

The discount is for a package, and there is a three night minimum (according to http://www.wdwinfo.com/disneypackages.htm#current). I noticed in your siggy that you are staying at BWV, too, so maybe you aren't staying at the Family Suites for more than one or two nights?

The other factor is the number of suites that can get discounted. According to this thread, there are 192 suites (if I did the math correctly). Hypothetically, if only 10 percent can use this discount, then only 19 rooms can have a discount. If all 19 of those discounts are taken, then the discount is sold out even if there are rooms still available. Does that make sense? If you call again to apply the code, I would ask the CM to clarify if the discount is sold out or not available for the rooms (I did this when I was trying to apply the Disney Visa discount).

Have a great trip!
1/07 Wilderness Lodge - First time with DDs and our 10th Anniversary
1/01 Port Orleans
1/97 Wilderness Lodge - Honeymoon
3/90 Treehouse Villas
3/86 Contemporary Resort
'74 - '76 Contemporary Resort/Offsite/Too young to remember details
Elmo888 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-15-2007, 11:42 AM   #438
KatGarcia
Just Keep Swimming.

Quote:
There are 4 of us, 2 adults and 2 children. I doubt that the number in one's party makes a difference.

The discount is for a package, and there is a three night minimum (according to http://www.wdwinfo.com/disneypackages.htm#current). I noticed in your siggy that you are staying at BWV, too, so maybe you aren't staying at the Family Suites for more than one or two nights?

The other factor is the number of suites that can get discounted. According to this thread, there are 192 suites (if I did the math correctly). Hypothetically, if only 10 percent can use this discount, then only 19 rooms can have a discount. If all 19 of those discounts are taken, then the discount is sold out even if there are rooms still available. Does that make sense? If you call again to apply the code, I would ask the CM to clarify if the discount is sold out or not available for the rooms (I did this when I was trying to apply the Disney Visa discount).

Have a great trip!
I had called before when these codes originally came out and they told me they couldn't be applied to the suites but I called again yesterday because it can't hurt. The amount of people in your party does matter as we have 5 in ours. if there are 4 people it could be considered the same as one regular room but 5 makes it not workable for the code. At least this cast member explained it to me! Oh well. It was worth a shot! Thanks for the info anyway!

My Disney Princess, Lily

Trips: Nov 09~POFQ {as a CM!}*Nov 08~ASMu*Aug 08~Pop (1st Solo Trip) & POR*Jan '08~ASMusic Suite/BWV*
Oct 07~CBR {F&W/MNSSHP}*June '07~Disneyland*Dec '06/Jan '07~Pop/CSR*Feb '05~POFQ*June 1996*Several trips as a kid*

Old 12-15-2007, 12:06 PM   #439
Elmo888

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatGarcia View Post
I had called before when these codes originally came out and they told me they couldn't be applied to the suites but I called again yesterday because it can't hurt. The amount of people in your party does matter as we have 5 in ours. if there are 4 people it could be considered the same as one regular room but 5 makes it not workable for the code. At least this cast member explained it to me! Oh well. It was worth a shot! Thanks for the info anyway!
That is strange about the number of people in your party affecting the code availability...it is too bad that the code didn't work for you. It just makes it seem like they have some convoluted equation for whether or not a code will work. It sure keeps us guessing!

Have a great trip!
1/01 Port Orleans
3/90 Treehouse Villas
3/86 Contemporary Resort
Old 12-16-2007, 12:50 PM   #440
KatGarcia
Just Keep Swimming.

Quote:
That is strange about the number of people in your party affecting the code availability...it is too bad that the code didn't work for you. It just makes it seem like they have some convoluted equation for whether or not a code will work. It sure keeps us guessing!

Have a great trip!
I agree with that! I love that you can get an entirely different answer from each cast member! LOL. It would have been nice to save the $ but it's already paid for so what ever!!! LOL.

My Disney Princess, Lily

Old 12-20-2007, 10:47 AM   #441
JJ&JSMOM
DIS Veteran

I'm sorry if this is a duplicate question but since we've never been to ASMu I'm wondering if we should request Jazz or Calypso? We're a family of 5 and looking at the map it looks like both are close to the foodcourt and pool. Calypso being the closest - is it loud staying by the pool? Having never stayed there its difficult to determine distance, etc. When we stayed at the Poly I was surprised at how compact the resort was. Prior to our trip & looking at the map I thought the Poly was quite spread out but once we were there I thought the opposite.

Thanks for any info.

[
JJ&JSMOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 04:12 PM   #442
aldisneygrl
I'm putting on my shades

We stayed in Calypso 10, and faced the pool. We never heard a thing. We were close to the end where the food court was. It was a great location. You really can't go wrong because it isn't that much further to Jazz either. IMO

In the words of Mumbling Jumba:
I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death
You will always be in our thoughts and our hearts.
aldisneygrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 04:39 PM   #443
JJ&JSMOM
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aldisneygrl View Post
We stayed in Calypso 10, and faced the pool. We never heard a thing. We were close to the end where the food court was. It was a great location. You really can't go wrong because it isn't that much further to Jazz either. IMO
Thanks for the info.

[
JJ&JSMOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 01:53 PM   #444
liveforthemagic
DIS Veteran

I'd love to hear how ASMu looked for the holidays....we'll be in a suite there next Dec. Anybody?

Me and DH DS13 DD10

liveforthemagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 07:39 AM   #445
dlstc
Mouseketeer

Pack N Play at AsMu Suites

Hi everyone!

Can anyone tell me if you can request Pack N Play's or do we have to bring our own? Also, where do you set them up in the rooms? Our DDs (8 and 6) will be using 2 of the pullouts (hopefully the chair and ottoman) but DS1 will be in the PnP. Are the bathrooms big enough to put one in? What about the closet area?

Thanks!
Diana
dlstc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 07:58 AM   #446
nhpooh
I just can't stop visiting this board
We are getting hotter and more humid each year
By the time I come back I will be lost again

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlstc View Post
Hi everyone!

Can anyone tell me if you can request Pack N Play's or do we have to bring our own? Also, where do you set them up in the rooms? Our DDs (8 and 6) will be using 2 of the pullouts (hopefully the chair and ottoman) but DS1 will be in the PnP. Are the bathrooms big enough to put one in? What about the closet area?

Thanks!
Diana
I would move the chair in the bedroom, the bathroom area might be big enough. But I wouldn't put one in there. I think you can request one you should call and see.
75-offsite-DL/ w/family 79-offsite -Honeymoon 85-offsite 89-offsite 94-offsite 96-WL 98-CSR 2000-CBR/Disney W. 2002-DL/Paradise Pier 2004-WL/25th annv. 2005-Portofino Bay/POFQ 2007-ASMu/Family suites, 2008-POFQ/first MVMCP, 2009-DL/Grand Californian, 5/2011-ASSp/girls weekend, 9/2011- Beach Club/with DH, 8/2013 -CBR/with DH and DD
nhpooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 10:21 AM   #447
TheBigQ
Mouseketeer

Our family is considering staying at the suites at ASMu. I've seen the pics and have done some research. We're a family of 5 so the extra space would be nice, kitchenette great for snacks and cleaning sippy cups, etc. Of course the 2 tvs and 2 bathrooms would be awesome. Although our kids are young and don't spend a lot of time in the bathroom, DH could have his own!

I do have a few questions for those that have stayed in the suites. Are the sleeper chairs and ottoman comfortable? We have DS9, DD6 & DD3 (at time of travel) who will be turning 4 on our vacation if we go in 2009. Silly question - but I love the beauty of Florida - the flowers and landscaping. How are the grounds at ASMu - the colors of the buildings are quite loud - is there any landscaping? I know not to expect the Poly but some flowers and trees are nice. The buses are a concern as they are at every disney resort. Looks like there is only one bus stop - does it get real crowded? According to the ASMu map - the suites are close to the foodcourt & bus stop so I guess theres no building request for that needed. It looks like there is parking around the buildings so if we rented a car our car would be fairly close by?

I would appreciate any thoughts & info about the suites. They're a great option for our family - I wish it was less bright but perhaps thats part of the feel & fun of the resort. Thanks for any info.

We are also looking into renting a vacation home off site as well but would prefer to stay in the disney magic.
TheBigQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 01:38 PM   #448
Elmo888

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlstc View Post
Hi everyone!

Thanks!
Diana
Yes, you can request a Pack N Play, so you do not have to bring your own. They can put the request on your reservation, so request the crib when you make the reservation or call and add the request if you already have the reservation.

(I can't help on the where to put it part because I haven't been yet. We are going in January, and I might request a Pack N Play for DD3 who isn't out of a crib. I can let you know after that if you are going after January!)

Have a great trip!
1/01 Port Orleans
3/90 Treehouse Villas
3/86 Contemporary Resort
Old 12-30-2007, 10:57 AM   #449
dennisnlisab96
DIS Veteran

HI... We are booked in the Family Suites in March. I have read in the thread that the beds are queen size...but on the Disney Resorts page it says the beds a king??? Does anyone know which is true...I would be GREAT if they were king but queen is better than the standard double at the other value resorts!!!

DH, ME...DD15 , DD13 , DD10 , DS9
dennisnlisab96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 08:28 AM   #450
nhpooh
I just can't stop visiting this board
We are getting hotter and more humid each year
By the time I come back I will be lost again

Quote:
Originally Posted by dennisnlisab96 View Post
HI... We are booked in the Family Suites in March. I have read in the thread that the beds are queen size...but on the Disney Resorts page it says the beds a king??? Does anyone know which is true...I would be GREAT if they were king but queen is better than the standard double at the other value resorts!!!
I would say that they are queens.
75-offsite-DL/ w/family 79-offsite -Honeymoon 85-offsite 89-offsite 94-offsite 96-WL 98-CSR 2000-CBR/Disney W. 2002-DL/Paradise Pier 2004-WL/25th annv. 2005-Portofino Bay/POFQ 2007-ASMu/Family suites, 2008-POFQ/first MVMCP, 2009-DL/Grand Californian, 5/2011-ASSp/girls weekend, 9/2011- Beach Club/with DH, 8/2013 -CBR/with DH and DD
nhpooh is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: