Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-18-2007, 03:59 PM   #421
PrincessSuzanne
Guess I will be eating crow tonight
Good thing I can be quiet when necessary

Linda,

Is the pull-out chair comfortable enough for an average height adult? My mom, my friend from work and I are staying there in April/May and I was hoping to score the bedroom for myself and let the 2 others share the sofa and chair pull-outs. I think that is only fair since I am paying for it

Suzanne
Old 10-18-2007, 08:24 PM   #422
aldisneygrl
I'm putting on my shades

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessSuzanne View Post
Linda,

Is the pull-out chair comfortable enough for an average height adult? My mom, my friend from work and I are staying there in April/May and I was hoping to score the bedroom for myself and let the 2 others share the sofa and chair pull-outs. I think that is only fair since I am paying for it

Suzanne
Hope you don't mind me answering this one, but YES. My DS who was about 5'10" last October slept on it just fine, so your friend or mom should be fine. My son said it was very comfortable to sleep on.

In the words of Mumbling Jumba:
I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death
You will always be in our thoughts and our hearts.
aldisneygrl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-18-2007, 08:42 PM   #423
PrincessSuzanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by aldisneygrl View Post
Hope you don't mind me answering this one, but YES. My DS who was about 5'10" last October slept on it just fine, so your friend or mom should be fine. My son said it was very comfortable to sleep on.
Oh no by all means, thank you very much for the info, I am glad to hear that.

Suzanne
Old 10-19-2007, 12:47 PM   #424
faulks family
Mouseketeer

a few more answers, please

We have booked ASMu Family Suites for Oct. 08...I know this has been covered, but this is such a long thread, I can't locate the answer real quick right now. I know the Suites are in the Calypso and Jazz buildings...if you had to request one of those, which one would it be? I know they are both considered preferred locations, but just out of curiosity, which one would you choose if you could? Also, I have a AAA rate right now, I think it ends up at about $164 a night before taxes...can I honestly hope for a better rate or code to come out? I know it may be into the spring before we know for sure, but what is the feeling? Do I have a decent shot of lowering that rate some way or another? The info on this thread has been SO helpful...thanks to everyone!
faulks family is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 03:48 PM   #425
aldisneygrl
I'm putting on my shades

Quote:
Originally Posted by faulks family View Post
We have booked ASMu Family Suites for Oct. 08...I know this has been covered, but this is such a long thread, I can't locate the answer real quick right now. I know the Suites are in the Calypso and Jazz buildings...if you had to request one of those, which one would it be? I know they are both considered preferred locations, but just out of curiosity, which one would you choose if you could? Also, I have a AAA rate right now, I think it ends up at about $164 a night before taxes...can I honestly hope for a better rate or code to come out? I know it may be into the spring before we know for sure, but what is the feeling? Do I have a decent shot of lowering that rate some way or another? The info on this thread has been SO helpful...thanks to everyone!
I don't know about the code, but yes the suites are located in the Jazz and Calypso buildings. Calypso is closer to the buses and food court. We stayed in Bldg. 10 facing the pool and it was wonderful!! Hope you have a great trip!

In the words of Mumbling Jumba:
I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death
You will always be in our thoughts and our hearts.
aldisneygrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 05:47 PM   #426
PrincessSuzanne

Quote:

I have a AAA rate for late December 2008 and I am at less than $150/night before taxes. What season is that considered? There might be a code available, but I can't say if it will be better. I have had my AAA rate be better than the Disney code on 2 occasions, so you just never know. There was a time recently that the suites weren't even discounted, so I am counting my blessings that I was able to get a AAA discount. It will probably be more like late summer before a discount for that time period is released. I would certainly hold onto that ressie for that price, and if another one comes along, see if they have any suites avail at a discounted price.

Suzanne
Old 10-21-2007, 08:56 AM   #427
DonnaLeah
Enjoys a refreshing margarita with popcorn

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessSuzanne View Post
I have a AAA rate for late December 2008 and I am at less than $150/night before taxes. What season is that considered? There might be a code available, but I can't say if it will be better. I have had my AAA rate be better than the Disney code on 2 occasions, so you just never know. There was a time recently that the suites weren't even discounted, so I am counting my blessings that I was able to get a AAA discount. It will probably be more like late summer before a discount for that time period is released. I would certainly hold onto that ressie for that price, and if another one comes along, see if they have any suites avail at a discounted price.

Suzanne
I would say those rates are VERY good! Did you book directly through Disney? I literally called Disney reservations last night for our dates July27th-Aug.1st 2008 and was told that no AAA rates have been released. I may try calling back later. I know I was given a AAA for WL this past July, but I called after the first of the year.
Old 10-21-2007, 10:50 AM   #428
Lauralei
Earning My Ears

Smile Thank you for the ASMusic Info!

Thanks so much for all this information. I am DVC so I usually stay in one of the villas but if I ever go w/o using my points I will definitely want to stay at ASMusic Family Suites. 2 TV's and 2 Bathrooms is great! In a DVC 1 BR there's 2 TV's but only 1 bathroom, and a studio has 1 and 1. So that really is a very nice set-up. Again, thanks for posting all that info!

Lauralei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 04:44 PM   #429
*love*2*shop
DIS Veteran

3 Days

This will be our 1st stay at ASMU Suites...2A/2C ....arrive oct 24 and depart oct 30..we picked this resort for the 2bds/ 2 baths/sleeping issues..We normally stay atleast at a Moderate Resort if not Deluxe... I will be sure to post a review/pics when we get back!
Old 10-21-2007, 05:09 PM   #430
famof4
Earning My Ears

Silly question

This is probably a totally silly question, but my family of 4(me, hh, ds5 and ds 16mo if that matters) and my parents are going to DW 1/29-2/5/08. We have booked 2 rooms at PoP. Now after looking over a few pages here I think I'm changing my mind. Here is the question we both have put deposits down on our rooms. Do you think we could switch if there is availability. Also I got one of the fantastic emails would I be able to apply it to this room. Does this make any sense ? Thanks in advance for any info. This is a great thread with great info and pictures.

Linds
famof4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 09:23 PM   #431
*love*2*shop
DIS Veteran

back

got back tonight...I will post tomorrow...... any questions?
Old 10-31-2007, 05:35 AM   #432
DonnaLeah
Enjoys a refreshing margarita with popcorn

Welcome back!!

Did you really like the suite?

If you were a family of 3 would the suite be worth the $$$, or would you prefer one room at a deluxe?

I'm becoming really intrigued by the ASMu suites!!
Old 10-31-2007, 07:22 AM   #433
paper1225
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by famof4 View Post
This is probably a totally silly question, but my family of 4(me, hh, ds5 and ds 16mo if that matters) and my parents are going to DW 1/29-2/5/08. We have booked 2 rooms at PoP. Now after looking over a few pages here I think I'm changing my mind. Here is the question we both have put deposits down on our rooms. Do you think we could switch if there is availability. Also I got one of the fantastic emails would I be able to apply it to this room. Does this make any sense ? Thanks in advance for any info. This is a great thread with great info and pictures.

Linds
You should be able to transfer your deposit because when we stayed at the suite, we did As for a discount, not positive because when we stayed there discounts were not available.........We had exactly what you have now, two rooms reserved at POP, and EVERY morning I called to find availability for a suite and persistance worked! We got one and they had no problem moving the deposit over - we did have our original ressie with Disney though, if you have it through a TA or AAA, may not work as easily!
Old 12-14-2007, 10:26 AM   #434
KatGarcia
Just Keep Swimming.

About 6 weeks till we stay in the suites! So excited!

My Disney Princess, Lily

Mission:Visit Disney Once a Month for a Year. A Florida Newbie's Tales.

Trips: Nov 09~POFQ {as a CM!}*Nov 08~ASMu*Aug 08~Pop (1st Solo Trip) & POR*Jan '08~ASMusic Suite/BWV*
Oct 07~CBR {F&W/MNSSHP}*June '07~Disneyland*Dec '06/Jan '07~Pop/CSR*Feb '05~POFQ*June 1996*Several trips as a kid*

KatGarcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 12:41 PM   #435
Elmo888
"Cake is a sometimes food. Cake is a sometimes food." - Linda Flynn Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by famof4 View Post

Linds
We will be at the ASMusic Family Suites about the same time!

I would do this now, because I think that the discount expires on 12/15, which is tomorrow. I was able to apply the discount to our package with the family suite. Even if there are suites available for your dates, there is still a chance that the discounts are sold out for the particular type of room, but it is worth a try!

http://www.wdwinfo.com/disneypackages.htm#current

Have a great trip!
1/07 Wilderness Lodge - First time with DDs and our 10th Anniversary
1/01 Port Orleans
1/97 Wilderness Lodge - Honeymoon
3/90 Treehouse Villas
3/86 Contemporary Resort
'74 - '76 Contemporary Resort/Offsite/Too young to remember details
Elmo888 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: