Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-11-2007, 02:51 PM   #391
jodyb
DIS Veteran

Not sure...

I'll be very honest with you... I think that for 5 adults I would go with two separate rooms rather than the suite. You and your husband WILL have to walk through the "public" area to get to the bathroom... there is no connecting bathroom to the main bedroom, which I thought was very poor planning. There is not even a curtain dividing the "master bedroom" area from the livingroom area, where the other 3 adults will be sleeping. Everything is very "open". The only privacy really is inside the bedroom with the door closed, and as I said, to get from there to the bathroom you have to go out and cross the kitchen area... through the opening to the other room. The layout is much more conducive to a couple with small children than to more than one couple or a group of adults. Of course this is only my opinion, and maybe having the little kitchen area will be enough of a draw for you all to want to share one suite, but as I said, if it were me going with my husband and 3 additional adults... I'd go for two rooms.
If you have any other questions I'd be glad to answer from my perspective. I LOVED the suite - for a couple with one teenager it was ideal. If we'd had up to 3 kids with us it still would have been ideal...
Old 09-11-2007, 03:59 PM   #392
ljcrochet
DIS Veteran

I stayed in the all star family suites last October.
The way our suite was laid out, you had to walk through the other bedroom to get to the door and kitchen area, but the bathroom was completely in the bedroom. My suite had a different layout then the floor plan on the first page of this thread.
I'm pretty sure there was only one phone line, but the living room and bedroom each had a phone.
ljcrochet is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-11-2007, 10:22 PM   #393
KatGarcia
Just Keep Swimming.

Well it's pretty much we stay in the suite or 2 of the 5 can't make it, so i have given up worrying if we will fit well or not! I have a medical problem with my back so that gets us the bedroom so thats pretty much settled. We are going with another couple and one single friend. We told him to pack an air mattress and we can switch off sharing the room with the extra person. Space isn't too much of an issue because we pretty much will be in the room only to sleep and the 2 bathrooms will make it a lot easier tog et ready. I may just buy a cheap shower curtain to tape to the ceiling to separate the bathroom, my own privacy curtain if you will. Anyways thanks so much for the help, I'm def going to keep updated on this thread for any more awesome info!

My Disney Princess, Lily

Mission:Visit Disney Once a Month for a Year. A Florida Newbie's Tales.

Trips: Nov 09~POFQ {as a CM!}*Nov 08~ASMu*Aug 08~Pop (1st Solo Trip) & POR*Jan '08~ASMusic Suite/BWV*
Oct 07~CBR {F&W/MNSSHP}*June '07~Disneyland*Dec '06/Jan '07~Pop/CSR*Feb '05~POFQ*June 1996*Several trips as a kid*

KatGarcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 06:07 AM   #394
MissLori
Earning My Ears

This will be our first time staying on site, there will be 3 adults, a teenager and a 12 year old. Going crazy reading all these threads, do you think we'd fit fine in the suites? It's a slightly bit cheaper than 2 rooms at the Pop. Would love to stay in a moderate, but don't think we will be able to financially.
MissLori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 06:21 AM   #395
jodyb
DIS Veteran

Well, yes, three adults and two kids will "fit" into a suite - no problem. But whether it will be comfortable depends on the relationship of the adults. If it is a couple, the teen and preteen, and the odd adult is a grandparent, presumably the grandparent will bunk in the livingroom with the kids? That could work very well. If it's a "friend" not related to the family.. then that odd adult is going to feel a lack of privacy... see what I mean? It really depends on who all the three adults are and who the kids belong to.. but yes, in theory, 5 fit nicely into the suite. It will certainly be more comfortable than one room at a moderate (or one room anywhere, really, since 3 adults and 2 kids sure will do better with two bathrooms, IMHO! Also, the suite has the kitchen, which really is nice to have if you are there more than a couple of days.)
Old 09-12-2007, 06:35 AM   #396
jodyb
DIS Veteran

KatGarcia, I would not assume that the bed in the bedroom will be better for your back than the fold-outs in the livingroom. Those couch beds were VERY comfortable and firm - better than the bed in my opinion! Also, I'm not sure there is room for an extra adult in the bedroom - that room is sort of cramped as it is with the bed and other furniture.
Just realized my last few posts have sounded sort of negative and I don't mean them that way - I really DID LOVE THE SUITE!!! I'm just trying to be realistic about what configuration of folks they are appropriate for!
Old 09-12-2007, 06:49 AM   #397
ljcrochet
DIS Veteran

I know that we had a chair in the bedroom (I kind of thought that opened into a bed)
ljcrochet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 02:00 PM   #398
weschmom
Mouseketeer

Question

Is there a "preferred" section or bldg I should ask for? How many floors are there, and are there elevators? Are there any "views" -- like fireworks or anything like that -- from certain rooms?

Thanks!
weschmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 07:58 PM   #399
aldisneygrl
I'm putting on my shades

Quote:
Originally Posted by weschmom View Post
Is there a "preferred" section or bldg I should ask for? How many floors are there, and are there elevators? Are there any "views" -- like fireworks or anything like that -- from certain rooms?

Thanks!
We stayed in Calypso Bldg 10. I believe all the suites are considered "preferred". I think there were three floors. Yes there are elevators. We stayed on the second floor facing the pool, and it was very quiet. You won't see any fireworks from your room, but the landscape is very pretty. IMO

In the words of Mumbling Jumba:
I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death
You will always be in our thoughts and our hearts.
aldisneygrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 06:42 AM   #400
minnie61650

DIS Veteran

Location: On a Lake in Southeast Michigan,Snowbird home Bonita Springs,Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatGarcia View Post
Well it's pretty much we stay in the suite or 2 of the 5 can't make it, so i have given up worrying if we will fit well or not! I have a medical problem with my back so that gets us the bedroom so thats pretty much settled. We are going with another couple and one single friend. We told him to pack an air mattress and we can switch off sharing the room with the extra person. Space isn't too much of an issue because we pretty much will be in the room only to sleep and the 2 bathrooms will make it a lot easier tog et ready. I may just buy a cheap shower curtain to tape to the ceiling to separate the bathroom, my own privacy curtain if you will. Anyways thanks so much for the help, I'm def going to keep updated on this thread for any more awesome info!
The kichette area is the area between the master bedroom area and the bathroom. I do not thknow how wide that opening is. I would sugesst using a tension rod or those removerable sticky hooks that do hurt the walls rather than masking tape if want to use a shower cutain.

Here is a photo of the kitcheenette area taken from the living room.

Here is the layout of the Family Suite:

I hope your family enjoys the Family Suites as much as we did.

Have fun at Disney!
minnie61650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 12:12 PM   #401
IMGONNABE40!
Okay, I already am 40, but if I were to change my name, how would you know it was me?
Proud owner of a six foot giraffe
Don't be a Doofus!

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnie61650 View Post
Here are some hotos from allearsnet.com of one of models they saw before the Family Suites opened.

http://allearsnet.com/acc/g_asuites.htm

Model Suites

I will be staying in a FS with my nephew in Aug. '08. I am reading through each page of the thread (I'm on p. 15).

I like the model above. I think that would work well if my sister is able to join us as she would have the sofa bed and my nephew one of the twins. I like the idea of the half wall there. Has anyone stayed in this model? Are there anymore like it? What do I request?

Thanks!
IMGONNABE40! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 07:45 AM   #402
paper1225
DIS Veteran

same

I did not post those photos, but I sure could! Our room looked exactly like the photos-so I assume most rooms do! There were 5 of us and we have plenty of room-it was one of our best stays yet!!!
Old 09-29-2007, 08:56 AM   #403
IMGONNABE40!
Okay, I already am 40, but if I were to change my name, how would you know it was me?
Proud owner of a six foot giraffe
Don't be a Doofus!

Quote:
Originally Posted by paper1225 View Post
I did not post those photos, but I sure could! Our room looked exactly like the photos-so I assume most rooms do! There were 5 of us and we have plenty of room-it was one of our best stays yet!!!
Do you recall the room #?
IMGONNABE40! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 05:52 PM   #404
paper1225
DIS Veteran

lucky for me I took a picture of our room number! We were in 656, on the 3rd floor facing the pool in the Calypso Building #10........our location was awesome and very quiet!
Old 09-30-2007, 09:09 AM   #405
fynook12
Mouseketeer

Have ressies for family suites Jan 1 -8th!! Waiting to see if i can get some kind of discount on the rate. I have already gave the deposit, its a room only ressie, no pkg. Just curious to see if Disney ever gives discounts on the suites? I'm paying $184 a night, $207 total w/tax. I'd definetly like to get some kind of discount!! I know Jan 1 - 8th is during the value season. Does that make a difference on wether i would get a discount or not?? Thanks!!

WDW Wedding....3-27-06
SEABREEZE POINT/ARIEL'S/ ILL DP UK LOWER
fynook12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: