Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 04-23-2007, 07:44 PM   #331
noahcarter
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 39

We are booked for the third week in January of 2008. I am so excited! We will be traveling with two small sons and will need to return to our room each day for naps. These suites are going to be perfect for us! Thank you Minnie for all of your great information!
noahcarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 08:22 PM   #332
Nik's Mom
Karl Pilkington is a genius
 
Nik's Mom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Kansas City area
Posts: 6,441

We may have to try for AS suites on our next trip if it's not available next month. I could only convince dh to stay at AS Music if we had a suite. Darn. Oh well, there's always next time. Just another excuse for me to plan another trip.
__________________


Proud Mom to 2 boys, and wife to a great husband!
Nik's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 04-27-2007, 12:23 PM   #333
Dressage Rider
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 4

Coffee Maker and coffee?

I read in the description that there is a coffee maker in the kitchen? Is there coffee? Also, are the paper products, plates, cups, etc resupplied each day? Thanks!
Dressage Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 12:45 PM   #334
Grumpy's Wife
Dollar Tree gal here
sissy fluffed, sissy fluffed!
Someone needs to pretend we've got a clue
Chocolate is a girls heaven
 
Grumpy's Wife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Mandeville, La
Posts: 26,095

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dressage Rider View Post
I read in the description that there is a coffee maker in the kitchen? Is there coffee? Also, are the paper products, plates, cups, etc resupplied each day? Thanks!
They do supply little packs of coffee, and paper plates. I didn't use either but I would assume they restock it daily. I brought my own coffee with me becasue Disney's is not the best. We never ate in the room so the paper plates sat their untouched. They did have a roll of paper towels in the kitchen as well.
__________________



Grumpy's Wife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 01:00 PM   #335
not-too-old4fun
Mouseketeer
 
not-too-old4fun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 176

We just got back from a wonderful stay in a family suite at the ASMu. We stayed in the Calypso building, third floor, suite 1606. Perfect view of the pool plus it was only a 30 second walk to the food court. It couldn't have been any better had I requested it!

I absolutely loved the suite. Not once was I disturbed by any noise from anywhere. I could hear people in the pool but just barely and definitely not enough to keep me from falling asleep.

The bed was a dream to sleep in. I had a hard time getting up in the morning.

My boys loved the pull out sofas and said they were really comfy.

Coffee, coffeemate and sweetner was provided. We made a pot only one day though. I'm not much of a coffee drinker and neither is hubby.

Plates and cutlery were there and they replaced anything that was needed.

Mousekeeping was beyond perfect. No complaints what-so-ever.

I will certainly stay in a suite once again if we do go back. I think it was money well spent. it's too bad there are no specials with the suites but maybe in time.

I have to tell you that we ended up being there during a cheerleading competition and although it was busier for a few days, it really wasn't much of an inconvenience.

We stayed clear from the food court first thing in the morning being that that seemed to be the busy time.

Some of the cheerleaders even chatted with us for a bit to explain what was going on. We ended up watching the competition on the TV a few nights. I'm in awe of these amazing cheerleaders. They are all great! Now.... the ASMu seemed to be one of the locations for these cheerleaders so it was really busy and the pool was constantly full but it all worked out.

I've read so many reviews on the ASMu (suites and all) and I'm really glad I decided to just go with my gut and try it out. I'd read alot of good reviews and some bad so it was a toss up.

I give it a complete thumbs up!

Maybe it all depends on what room you get so if you have the choice, ask for anything between 1601 to 1608 in the Calypso building.
__________________
not-too-old4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 02:46 PM   #336
nhpooh
I just can't stop visiting this board
We are getting hotter and more humid each year
By the time I come back I will be lost again
 
nhpooh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Nashua,NH
Posts: 5,381

Quote:
Originally Posted by not-too-old4fun View Post
We just got back from a wonderful stay in a family suite at the ASMu. We stayed in the Calypso building, third floor, suite 1606. Perfect view of the pool plus it was only a 30 second walk to the food court. It couldn't have been any better had I requested it!

I absolutely loved the suite. Not once was I disturbed by any noise from anywhere. I could hear people in the pool but just barely and definitely not enough to keep me from falling asleep.

The bed was a dream to sleep in. I had a hard time getting up in the morning.

My boys loved the pull out sofas and said they were really comfy.

Coffee, coffeemate and sweetner was provided. We made a pot only one day though. I'm not much of a coffee drinker and neither is hubby.

Plates and cutlery were there and they replaced anything that was needed.

Mousekeeping was beyond perfect. No complaints what-so-ever.

I will certainly stay in a suite once again if we do go back. I think it was money well spent. it's too bad there are no specials with the suites but maybe in time.

I have to tell you that we ended up being there during a cheerleading competition and although it was busier for a few days, it really wasn't much of an inconvenience.

We stayed clear from the food court first thing in the morning being that that seemed to be the busy time.

Some of the cheerleaders even chatted with us for a bit to explain what was going on. We ended up watching the competition on the TV a few nights. I'm in awe of these amazing cheerleaders. They are all great! Now.... the ASMu seemed to be one of the locations for these cheerleaders so it was really busy and the pool was constantly full but it all worked out.

I've read so many reviews on the ASMu (suites and all) and I'm really glad I decided to just go with my gut and try it out. I'd read alot of good reviews and some bad so it was a toss up.

I give it a complete thumbs up!

Maybe it all depends on what room you get so if you have the choice, ask for anything between 1601 to 1608 in the Calypso building.
Thanks, sounds like you had a wonderful time! I can't wait to go.
__________________
DH ME DD (12/15/85-5/12/01) DD25 Ddog (2/20/01-3/19/10)Freckles Ddog(4/2011- Hunter
75-offsite-DL/ w/family 79-offsite -Honeymoon 85-offsite 89-offsite 94-offsite 96-WL 98-CSR 2000-CBR/Disney W. 2002-DL/Paradise Pier 2004-WL/25th annv. 2005-Portofino Bay/POFQ 2007-ASMu/Family suites, 2008-POFQ/first MVMCP, 2009-DL/Grand Californian, 5/2011-ASSp/girls weekend, 9/2011- Beach Club/with DH, 8/2013 -CBR/with DH and DD
nhpooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 04:55 PM   #337
leahvonleah
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: illinois
Posts: 116

Have you stayed at other resorts before??? We are booked for Suites, but dh is concerned b/c we usually stay at POR---
leahvonleah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 07:35 PM   #338
coastermom
Proud Redhead
I am not crazy just like my job
This makes the decision much easier
ROLLERCOASTERS ARE MY LIFE
 
coastermom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Staten Island NY
Posts: 1,392

I am so glad to hear you had a great stay at the ASMUFS . I am so excited to go now we are staying in a suite this summer july 29-aug 5th . We ususally stay at the POR also and were concerned with the All Stars but I haven't heard anything really bad about the suites yet .
coastermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 12:55 AM   #339
DKM
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Fargo, ND
Posts: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dressage Rider View Post
I read in the description that there is a coffee maker in the kitchen? Is there coffee? Also, are the paper products, plates, cups, etc resupplied each day? Thanks!
I am a huge coffee drinker. Yes, they re-supplied each day and then some. I called mousekeeping after the 1st day and asked for more coffee. After that, they kept us fully stocked. At least 3-4 bags each day (its one of those 4 cup coffee makers that realistically makes two cups).

Anyhow, seriously. I really dont know how you could go wrong with these rooms. They give you space, two bathrooms, a kitchenette, and most of all, YOU ARE ON SITE!!!
DKM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 01:56 PM   #340
Trena
DIS Veteran
 
Trena's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Panama City, FL
Posts: 635

I just need a KING size bed and these suties would be perfect for us!!! DH and I don't share queens very well.
Trena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 04:40 PM   #341
kath1210
DIS Veteran
 
kath1210's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Maryland
Posts: 1,773

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trena View Post
I just need a KING size bed and these suties would be perfect for us!!! DH and I don't share queens very well.
From what I understand, the big bed in the ASMUFS (cool acronym!) is a queen, not a king. I wish it would be a king, too.
__________________
Kathy

kath1210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 04:57 PM   #342
paper1225
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Missouri
Posts: 608

Quote:
Originally Posted by leahvonleah View Post
Have you stayed at other resorts before??? We are booked for Suites, but dh is concerned b/c we usually stay at POR---
We have stayed at POR twice, and then in Dec stayed in the suites..........I really love the grounds at POR, but the space in the suites was amazing! I really loved putting the kids to bed in the living room and DH and I being able to sit back and relax/watch tv in our room! You will not regret the change!!!
__________________
paper1225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 10:40 PM   #343
DKM
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Fargo, ND
Posts: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by paper1225 View Post
We have stayed at POR twice, and then in Dec stayed in the suites..........I really love the grounds at POR, but the space in the suites was amazing! I really loved putting the kids to bed in the living room and DH and I being able to sit back and relax/watch tv in our room! You will not regret the change!!!
Amen, easily the best thing about the suites.
DKM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 10:49 PM   #344
bigskyernurse

Pick ME! Pick ME!
 
bigskyernurse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Posts: 438

Can't wait!

We are staying in the FS Jan 26-Feb 3. I'm glad to hear the great reviews. Our last stay was as ASM and it was fine. We're not picky and are just so happy to be at WDW that we didn't mind the small space, but I am really looking forward to a separate sleeping area and especially the 2 tvs and bathrooms! We tried to go back for a mid day break a few times and having two rooms so the boys can relax in one and watch cartoons will be a wonderful treat! And no fighting for the bathroom in the am!!
__________________
Amy
bigskyernurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 05:40 AM   #345
probono
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 106

I'm excited about booking the FS for our trip December 6 - 11. Seems like they book up fast, so I'm glad we finally made a decision. The space sounds great!!

Mari
probono is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:11 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: