Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-02-2007, 10:59 AM   #256
tnmom25
I don't say anything funny, I just laugh at everyone else!

One reason for considering the family suite is because of the kitchenette. I understand that with connecting rooms, you don't have the option of getting a coffee pot or microwave, right?

2006, 2007, 2008, 2011, 2012, 2013 Offsite ~ March 2010 Princess Half Marathon ASMu ~ Sept.2010 POR ~ Sept.2013 FW Cabin for Villains Party

tnmom25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 12:17 PM   #257
lovesdumbo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnmom25 View Post
One reason for considering the family suite is because of the kitchenette. I understand that with connecting rooms, you don't have the option of getting a coffee pot or microwave, right?

I was going to suggest 2 rooms at a value also. I don't think they will let you do 2 under 3's in the room but I suppose you could call and ask. You could use the microwave in the food court and bring a small 4 cup coffee pot with you. I have one that have stainless steel carafe instead of glass.
Register to remove

Old 02-02-2007, 12:59 PM   #258
Julie-at-home
Earning My Ears

question for teentoddlermom

Teentoddlermom,

I wasnt aware that the free dining offer has come out yet. Do you know something that I should know? Thanks!
Julie-at-home is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 01:01 PM   #259
Julie-at-home
Earning My Ears

Teentoddlermom,
Has the free dining offer been released? I have been waiting on pins and needles....
Julie-at-home is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 01:10 PM   #260
tnmom25

I am going to call and ask... if we can't get 2 under 3's in one family suite, then we'll do 2 rooms. Anyone know if we can we bring our own small microwave?

2006, 2007, 2008, 2011, 2012, 2013 Offsite ~ March 2010 Princess Half Marathon ASMu ~ Sept.2010 POR ~ Sept.2013 FW Cabin for Villains Party

Old 02-02-2007, 04:11 PM   #261
Maria395712
DIS cast member/DIS vet/DVC member

do any of the family suites face the pool
maria
Maria395712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 04:55 PM   #262
aldisneygrl
I'm putting on my shades

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnmom25 View Post
We've booked our trip to FW in December, but I'm thinking of switching to ASMU... but I have a question. It will be me, dh, ds19, dd16, dd8, dd7, dd2.5 and grandbaby (how do I do that? dgd?) 2.5 also. That is a total of 8, but two will be babies. Would we be able to get a family suite? We figured dh, dd2.5 & me in bedroom (either in bed w/us or in a crib); dd16, ds18 & his baby (she sleeps w/him most of the time anyway) on sofa bed; and dd8 & dd7 on chair & ottoman. Does this sound doable? I've seen the pics and the rooms look big enough, we don't plan to spend much time there anyway. Any advice would be well appreciated!
Thanks!
I am not sure, but I think they have a limit of 6 in the Family Suites. Your best bet is to call and ask.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maria395712 View Post
do any of the family suites face the pool
maria
Yes some do. The one we had in October opened up to the pool.

In the words of Mumbling Jumba:
I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death
You will always be in our thoughts and our hearts.
aldisneygrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 04:58 PM   #263
Maria395712
DIS cast member/DIS vet/DVC member

aldisneygrl
was that on the 1st floor I assume do you remember the #
maria
Maria395712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 07:23 PM   #264
tnmom25

Ok, I called and the CM said we could only have one under 3 in addition to the other 6. So, we're going to probably get two rooms at POP.

Old 02-02-2007, 07:30 PM   #265
aldisneygrl
I'm putting on my shades

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maria395712 View Post
aldisneygrl
was that on the 1st floor I assume do you remember the #
maria
No, it was the second floor in bldg. # 10. I think the room # was 556.

In the words of Mumbling Jumba:
I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death
You will always be in our thoughts and our hearts.
aldisneygrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 01:09 PM   #266
kileybeth
DIS Veteran

okay, so I'm pretty convinced. . .I'd like to book a family suite at ASmusic for January 2008 (1st 2 wks.)

Is it to soon to do this? If so, when is soonest I can do so?

I tried to wade through all the comments but may have missed something. . .can I get AAA discount or annual pass discount? any other discounts to be aware of?

do booking/ reservations seem to have all the details down by now?

My family has 6 DH, me, DS 15, DD12, DS 4, and DD2 by then. . .

any thoughts or opinions?
kileybeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 10:37 PM   #267
DKM
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by kileybeth View Post
okay, so I'm pretty convinced. . .I'd like to book a family suite at ASmusic for January 2008 (1st 2 wks.)

I tried to wade through all the comments but may have missed something. . .can I get AAA discount or annual pass discount? any other discounts to be aware of?

We booked our trip about a year in advance, I would say to do it. It would pretty much guarantee you a fam suite. When we were there two weeks ago, in our suite was me, my wife, 2 kids (6 & 3) and my mom. Plenty of room. Right next door to us was my bro in law and sis in law along with their 4 kids (ages 13, 10, 9, & 7) We all really liked the suites very roomy, two bathrooms is very nice, and we ate nearly every breakfast in the room (cereal, donuts, milk, juice etc) can all be stored and served very nicely in the kitchenette. Two bathrooms was also great to have. This was our first trip to Disney and I would definitely stay in a family suite again. We had no problems with booking the suite and they knew exactly what they were. We booked before they had even opened them up. In fact, all in all, our trip was flawless. From the planes, to the hotel, food, bus servcie, etc.

I am not sure about a AAA discount or any discount for that matter, sorry I cant answer that question.
DKM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 09:45 AM   #268
clkelley
I squealed really loud!!
I got one on my camper too

Quote:
Originally Posted by kileybeth View Post

You can book now, and ensure that you have the suite. It only takes a one night deposit.

AAA rates for 2008 will be released probably in August of this year. When the rates are released, you can call back to see if the Suites are participating in that discount. Then when Passholder rates are released for that time period, (they were released on November 1st of 2006 for January 2007, to see if the Suites are participating in that discount.

So far, because of the limited availability, and the popularity of the suites, no discounts have yet been offered.
clkelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 11:35 AM   #269
LSUmom4kids
LSU Graduate and Mother to 4 Kids!

Looking for someone who stayed at the AllStar Suites AND Swan/Dolphin before...

Our first WDW family vacation was last year and we stayed at the Swan (1 room with a balcony) for 9 nights. WE LOVED IT and got a good rate. We would like a little more room to spread out if we go again this year for 7 nights and I thought about these family suites at the AllStar Music Resort.

I'm looking for someone who's stayed at both before. I know the beds at the Suites would NOT compare to the heavenly beds, but are the ASM suites' beds a problem? We have a tempurpedic at home and I can see my husband fussing if we get horrible beds at the ASM suites just to save $$. The swan location was fabulous, as were the pools.

I could get adjoining rooms at the Swan for $250 ($125 night rate) total and I don't know how much the ASM would be for the extra convenience of a kitchenette area.

Can anyone compare the two??? Should we just bring our ice chest and pop tarts again and get 2 rooms at the swan again this year?????
Old 02-04-2007, 11:54 AM   #270
Bea
Mouseketeer

We are booked into the ASMu Suites in March (12-17th ). I was wondering if there is an actual door (that can be closed) seperating the queen bedroom from the rest of the suite? We have a very active 18 month old with really good ears.

We have never paid this much for a hotel before. We are priceline users through and through but with this being our first trip with our toddler, we thought we would break the bank and go all out.

Also wondering if there is a toaster in the food court and if so, are we allowed to use it if we aren't buying anything from the food court?

I am really looking forward to this trip. The information on this thread is incredible. Thanks to all that post.
Bea is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: