Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-08-2006, 05:00 PM   #211
jodyb
DIS Veteran

Thank you for clarifying that. We bought the plan through a travel agent here in Israel, and it would be a rude awakening to find out we'd paid for something we can't really have!
Old 12-08-2006, 06:44 PM   #212
Bethipooh4
My daughter says I am to mean to work at Disney!

Hi Jody,

We will be in the suites next week too. We arrive the 13th and leave on the 17th and have the dining plan as well.

Beth
Register to remove

Old 12-08-2006, 09:02 PM   #213
jodyb
DIS Veteran

Talking

Beth! Will you be doing the Lime Green thing? If so maybe we'll be able to say hello! I usually have a lime green ribbon on my purse strap, and I'm going to try to force SO to put one on his camera strap...

And did you request any particular building or location? I was going to do that tomorrow (Calypso ground floor) but I keep second guessing whether that is even the best and whether it matters... Just another thing to obsess about in my planning!
Old 12-08-2006, 11:09 PM   #214
aldisneygrl
I'm putting on my shades

Quote:
Originally Posted by jodyb
Beth! Will you be doing the Lime Green thing? If so maybe we'll be able to say hello! I usually have a lime green ribbon on my purse strap, and I'm going to try to force SO to put one on his camera strap...

And did you request any particular building or location? I was going to do that tomorrow (Calypso ground floor) but I keep second guessing whether that is even the best and whether it matters... Just another thing to obsess about in my planning!
We stayed there in October and I would recommend the second floor. There is less foot traffic in front of your door on the second floor than the first floor. Just something else to obsess over.

In the words of Mumbling Jumba:
I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death
You will always be in our thoughts and our hearts.
aldisneygrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 04:08 AM   #215
jodyb
DIS Veteran

aaah...that does make sense! thanks! I was thinking that not getting a pool facing room would help with that as well. Well, today's the day I call ASMu with my requests... so right now that's Second Floor Calypso parking-lot facing... anybody else have a comment that might help (a little more obsessing never hurt!)
Old 12-09-2006, 07:02 AM   #216
aldisneygrl
I'm putting on my shades

Not to confuse you more : but we faced the pool and it was a non issue. There is vegetation between the rooms and the pool. We never heard any pool noise inside the room. Hope I haven't made things worse. Enjoy your trip! We were in Building 10, if that helps.

In the words of Mumbling Jumba:
I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death
You will always be in our thoughts and our hearts.

Last edited by aldisneygrl; 12-09-2006 at 07:03 AM. Reason: Added the Building #
aldisneygrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 07:13 AM   #217
jodyb
DIS Veteran

Lol!!

At myself! Thank you so much for your comments - I've decided to let the room location go as an issue altogether and concentrate my obsession on other things (there are plenty believe me!). I am just going to trust that there really is no bad location for our suite to be in and just take whatever the ASMu hands us. There! Sigh of relief... now off to obsess about ADR's...
Old 12-09-2006, 08:37 AM   #218
minnie61650

DIS Veteran

Location: On a Lake in Southeast Michigan,Snowbird home Bonita Springs,Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by aldisneygrl
Not to confuse you more : but we faced the pool and it was a non issue. There is vegetation between the rooms and the pool. We never heard any pool noise inside the room. Hope I haven't made things worse. Enjoy your trip! We were in Building 10, if that helps.
Here the view of Calypso #10 building just outside the rooms facing the pool.

Please excuse the quality of the photos I was finishing up the photos left on an old disposable camera.

Have fun at Disney!
minnie61650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 06:30 PM   #219
Bethipooh4
My daughter says I am to mean to work at Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jodyb

Hi Jody,
If its not to late, have a safe trip!!! How did the room location request go? Since we have more then one room I decided not to sweat that part of the trip and just roll with the punches.

I have been warned that this is a RELAXING trip and I am not allowed to obsess or over plan or do any schedules.....I was however allowed to make advance dining plans....lol I guess they have their priorities. But they just don't get my obsessive DIS planning....MEN.

I plan on sneaking a few green tags onto my purse, and have considered bringing my DIS magnet from our cruise. If it won't work on the door, I can put it in my window at worst.
Old 01-04-2007, 03:16 AM   #220
Mickey-4-Me
I'm happier than a tornado in a trailer park. - Mater

I can not wait to stay here. We stayed at the Pop in Aug 06. The resort was nice, but the room was a bit too small for us. We are planning another trip in September or December (still deciding). This suite will make our stay much more pleasurable.
Old 01-04-2007, 07:14 AM   #221
amyedreger
Earning My Ears

Thanks for all of this great info! We are staying here Feb. 3-10 and are so excited!

Does anyone know what size coffeepot is in the room? Do they take standard filters? DH and I have to get our coffee fix in the morning

February 2007 - Three generational trip to All Star Music Family Suites!
January 2006 - BWV
January 2005 - AKL
September 1999 - PO Riverside
October 1997 - Honeymoon trip to POFQ
July 1993 - POFQ
July 1992 - High school graduation trip to POFQ
Three trips offsite before the age of 8

amyedreger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 07:19 AM   #222
Grumpy's Wife
Dollar Tree gal here
sissy fluffed, sissy fluffed!
I'll have one of what ever the tag fairy is drinking tonight
Chocolate is a girls heaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyedreger View Post
Thanks for all of this great info! We are staying here Feb. 3-10 and are so excited!

Does anyone know what size coffeepot is in the room? Do they take standard filters? DH and I have to get our coffee fix in the morning
We stayed in the Suites over Thanksgiving. I brought my own coffee because Disney's is not too good. They do however have the coffee packs in the rooms. The pot is a small four cup pot. I brought regular 8 cup filters with me because that's what I use at home. It worked fine. Enjoy your stay.

Grumpy's Wife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 07:29 AM   #223
skater
Change sometimes stinks.. doesn't it?
I love to hear WWII stories

I'm sorry if this has been covered already on this thread. We just added a third child to our family and I don't have time to read every page right now. We were wondering if these suites were part of the free dining package last year?
skater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 08:00 AM   #224
magicmouse2
DIS Veteran

They werent included in free dining last year, but this year the UK free dining package included the suites.
magicmouse2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 08:37 AM   #225
disgram
DIS Veteran

I haven't read through the whole post so please bear with me if this has been asked before. I am traveling with my twin GDs the last part of August and I am wondering if we can get the suites being only 3 people. I chose this time because of less visitors, it is just before school for the girls and on the chance of free dining again. Can I get a suite that is on the second floor and close to the front desk, bus stop and food court? I am thinking that they will be tired and being as I won't be able to carry both on our return from the parks!!! Thanks for your help!!!
disgram is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: