Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-15-2014, 03:29 PM   #1
khanna
Mouseketeer

Best MK Resort: Family of 8

Hi everyone,
We are looking to back to WDW first week of Dec this year. We stayed off site last time, which we liked, but are hoping to be in the middle of the magic this time. We have 6 kids ages 11-5, so we spend most of our time at MK. We have stayed at BLT in the past, but right now, WDW site is showing no availability during our dates. It may be too early yet for availability to show up there since they give all DVC members first dibs.

So...... What options do we have that I may not know about for the MK resorts? I am scared of the Poly due to the construction & fear it will be really noisy if we try to get 2 connecting rooms. Really, 2 connecting rooms either at GF or CR are our only choices, right? Am I overlooking something? How likely is Disney to actually connect our rooms? 2 adults, 6 kids--will they take that into consideration?

Thanks for any help. We looked into renting DVC points but no availability at BLT. I have heard of people renting through a private owner, that is an option, but I have no idea on how to find a legitimate owner. Anyway, any help is appreciated!

October, 2009 BWI Deluxe-CL

September 4-8,2010-Bay Lake Tower, 2 bedroom villa Part of a grand gathering!

Next: April/May 2014: Staying Offsite: Windsor Hills, 8 nights!!! Our Debt Free celebration!!!! Thanks Dave Ramsey for the guidance!!
khanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 03:45 PM   #2
patty57
DIS Veteran

If you are talking about this December, DVC is pretty well booked up at the MK and Epcot resorts. I don't know if Saratoga Springs or Old Key West have openings as I am not a DVC member.
I know things are booked because I am staying at VWL the first week of December on rented points, and hoped to move because the pool at WL is closing from early Sept. through late November, and there were no other DVC properties that I could move to.
You may be able to book a two bedroom at BLT or the Grand Floridian through Disney. I don't know what the availability would be, but it would be very pricey for sure.
I don't think I would suggest WL at this time because if the pool refurb doesn't finish in time, you will be in construction.
Maybe you want to consider something near Epcot? That's a fun area to be in for kids. Both BC and BW have two bedroom villas.
Register to remove

Old 07-15-2014, 03:47 PM   #3
patty57
DIS Veteran

I forgot to mention that the Swan & Dolphin have connecting rooms, and some suites as well.
Old 07-15-2014, 04:29 PM   #4
notaclue
DIS Veteran

If you want to rent DVC points from a trusted, legitimate source, check the DVC section of these forums and look for 'David's DVC Rental' or just Google it. Posters on these boards have had very good luck with them.
notaclue is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: