Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The College Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-15-2009, 07:16 PM   #556
mistyt
Faith, Trust, and Pixie Dust

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyJ18 View Post
I check in august 19....what about you
Ahhhh...I've been to seaside park many of times!

mistyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 01:39 PM   #557
DisneyFirefly
I wind up insanely itchy and liable to break skin
I'm definitely a walking information desk when it comes to MK

I'm the one on the left. Yay MK Custodial! ::

Our 10/16 Disney Wedding PJ | Follow The Bouncing Ears 10/10 TR | PTR | 10/10 Pop 2008-09 CM 11/06 Offsite 2004-05 CP/First Visit
Me DF
DisneyFirefly is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-16-2009, 05:52 PM   #558
coorsie
Mouseketeer

Hiya, quick post out of boredom... This is me, I'm a Fall 2010 hopeful. And I'm Cori, btw.

(I hope that worked)

coorsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 12:57 AM   #559
Reinhart_x
Your neighborhood friendly biased Vista Way spokesperson

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFirefly View Post
*Pic*

I'm the one on the left. Yay MK Custodial! ::
Oh my gosh, what the heck! You got face paint! You know what I got in Future World?! I got to walk through Club Cool and listen to some music while watching all of the customers drink those delicious beverages from around the globe! Then I had to take the trash out! Ah, good times, good times indeed.

I'll post some of me after I get the lovely ten posts I need. :D
Old 09-17-2009, 01:07 AM   #560
DisneyFirefly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhart_x View Post
Oh my gosh, what the heck! You got face paint! You know what I got in Future World?! I got to walk through Club Cool and listen to some music while watching all of the customers drink those delicious beverages from around the globe! Then I had to take the trash out! Ah, good times, good times indeed.

I'll post some of me after I get the lovely ten posts I need. :D
Well, that was on a MNSSHP night, so it wasn't just any night. They offered face painting to different departments on different nights so that we could tell the guests about it and, basically, be walking billboards instead of walking information desks :D I loved it, though. The only problem was when I had a severe toothache and it was custodial's turn for face painting. I got it, but the lady felt so bad because I kept wincing, LOL. I loved working custodial at MK, though. It was awesome.

Our 10/16 Disney Wedding PJ | Follow The Bouncing Ears 10/10 TR | PTR | 10/10 Pop 2008-09 CM 11/06 Offsite 2004-05 CP/First Visit
Me DF
Old 09-17-2009, 02:10 AM   #561
Reinhart_x

People just don't know how fun Custodial can be until they do it...I personally think it's the best job available. Yet of course I was dreading it before I got there like the rest of my coworkers, haha! Walking billboards, lol MK is ballin', I bet it's harder than Epcot, at least that's what I heard from some girls who worked there (they told me this as I was working, haha).
Old 09-17-2009, 06:40 AM   #562
haeveingridseyn
Earning My Ears

hi guys,

Good photos.
I'm new to this site . So, I can't post my photos.
I hope you may understand my problem..!!
Old 09-17-2009, 12:09 PM   #563
heathierose
Earning My Ears

Hey guys, Ive been lurking lol on this board for years now...I figured its about time I post a pic of myself.

heathierose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 01:00 PM   #564
DisneyFirefly

Quote:
People just don't know how fun Custodial can be until they do it...I personally think it's the best job available. Yet of course I was dreading it before I got there like the rest of my coworkers, haha! Walking billboards, lol MK is ballin', I bet it's harder than Epcot, at least that's what I heard from some girls who worked there (they told me this as I was working, haha).
I totally agree. I told my friends in Attractions and Merchandise time and time again that I'd rather haul trash than be chained to one position for three hours. With Custodial, you can move around much easier, which is good for me because I hate staying in one position. It's why I was never good at being a cashier when I did that. Also, how many jobs pay you to stand around and watch the fireworks or blow bubbles at kids when you have some downtime?

It was difficult sometimes, but usually just on days when we were at capacity. Like the Fourth of July, Christmas Day, etc. Aside from that, it was just good to have something to do. I never did it at another park, but I was all over MK. The only lands I didn't get to do were Tomorrowland and Toontown. I was usually in Fantasyland or Liberty Square

Me DF
Old 09-17-2009, 01:44 PM   #565
Reinhart_x

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFirefly View Post
I totally agree. I told my friends in Attractions and Merchandise time and time again that I'd rather haul trash than be chained to one position for three hours. With Custodial, you can move around much easier, which is good for me because I hate staying in one position. It's why I was never good at being a cashier when I did that. Also, how many jobs pay you to stand around and watch the fireworks or blow bubbles at kids when you have some downtime?

It was difficult sometimes, but usually just on days when we were at capacity. Like the Fourth of July, Christmas Day, etc. Aside from that, it was just good to have something to do. I never did it at another park, but I was all over MK. The only lands I didn't get to do were Tomorrowland and Toontown. I was usually in Fantasyland or Liberty Square
Yeah, my friends in Attractions were definitely a lot more stressed than I was, also quick service was pretty bad for many of them. You're so right, you get paid to hang out with guests and help them out and watch fireworks, it's the coolest thing. The difficulty was definitely high during the holidays but other than that, soooo easy. Hehe, although I didn't have any overflowing toilets until the last the 3 days of the program where everything seemed to go wrong. The worst part about the job is the popcorn! Haha, I never noticed just how much popcorn people spill on the ground until I worked there!
Old 09-22-2009, 08:43 PM   #566
DisneyCP08
All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them. ~W. Disney

Hola

I am trying to post some of my pics from my CP program, but I can not figure how to add or insert the pics. Any suggestion?
Graduation Trip Port Orleans 2006, DISNEY COLLEGE PROGRAM Spring '08, 1st Disney Cruise- Wonder March 2009, 21st Bday at Disney Saratoga Springs June2009 , Disney College Program Reunion All Star Movies May 2010, CHRISTMAS AT DISNEY Polynesian Resort December 2010 , Spring Break at Disney March '11 at Port Orleans, College Graduation & site visit All Star Sports Aug 2011, Thanksgiving and Wedding Planning Session November 2012, 4th of July 2013,

DisneyCP08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 02:24 AM   #567
Reinhart_x

Woah I can post pictures now, cool beans! CP pics coming at ya, try not to be frightened!

There are two things I do best...have a big smile and apparently put my arms around EVERYONE when taking a picture. Those middle two pictures are from like the last night I believe, or one of the last nights...sleep deprivation + long holiday hours and you get me looking quite...tired?
Ok one more, it's a picture of me eating...

SCORPIONS IN CHINA!!! Mmm, they are delicious. Well, that's quite enough from me, I think.

Finally, DisneyCP08, check your private messages, I'll try to help you out with your picture posting.
Old 09-25-2009, 11:58 AM   #568
DisneyDancin7
Loves the Smell of Columbia Harbour House

Smile Hey Everyone!

Aww...Reinhart, you are cute!

Lol, well here's me....I couldn't remember if I've posted to this thread before so here goes (p.s. I don't have a wide selection on my computer...):

Me with Tyler Hilton (musician):

Senior picture, lol:

Me and a friend at a dance (I'm on the right):

5/08 - CBR read my pretrip report! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1831203
1/29 - CBR - read my LATE BUT BETTER THAN NEVER trip report!!! You won't regret it!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2048391
DisneyDancin7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 03:54 PM   #569
Jelliebean
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Woah I can post pictures now, cool beans! CP pics coming at ya, try not to be frightened!
You are adorable.
Jelliebean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 02:00 AM   #570
Reinhart_x

You guys... It's the outfit, it makes me look better. Thanks, custodial! Baw, we are all pretty cute. By the way, DisneyFirefly...still jealous of that facepaint. Oh how I wish I could have got some cool stuff painted on me! lol Chewy

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: