Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-29-2006, 07:46 PM   #1
makinorlando
When you're curious, you find lots of interesting things to do. Walt Disney

Smile Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique... Lots of Pics and Reviews

There are so many posts about the BBB, but I decided to start another. I don't think I have seen a copy of the brochure shared any where... so here it is. I scanned, and if you print it out, the quality is pretty good. Reading the words on the computer, not so great.

I read Feralpegs post that they had a soft opening over the weekend, so DD and I decided to head over there this afternoon - it was such a great day, and I felt like a little Disney shopping.

The "Spitting Stitch" she also posted about it a hoot, and the changes to WOD with the Pirates Room and Princess room are really nice.

If anyone is going to be at WOD on Friday, the are doing WALK IN appointments - first come first serve. We saw the finished product of the "POP PRINCESS" hairstyle and it was very very "cool" as DD9 said. I made her an appointment for 4/23 back when we all first heard about it, so hopefully she can wait that long. All our weekends are busy between now and then.

Here are all the pics I have taken in BBB - including those of my DDs appointment in May.

http://s41.photobucket.com/albums/e2...Boutique/?sc=6
martha_tweets on Twitter
http://thedailygrindbymak.blogspot.com
http://makproject365.blogspot.com (I still use my Disney photos from time to time!)

Last edited by makinorlando; 08-13-2006 at 07:33 AM. Reason: Edited to change link for pics
makinorlando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 08:01 PM   #2
eeyore45
Do-it-yourself pixie dust = buy a bag of glitter at the mall
Pixie dusts CMs for fun
I need my nectar - Dr Pepper anyone??

Great!!! I certainly was hoping I could keep this just "our little secret" so I wouldnt have to do this with dd....

but no, you've gone and done it - you've posted PICTURES!!! GREAT... now I have to have this!! DD fav princess is Aurora - and the photo ops are just too cute!!

and love those crocs!! Girl after my own heart!! and shoes/crocs!!! lol

Seriously,
Thank you!!
eeyore45 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-29-2006, 08:10 PM   #3
makinorlando

Glad I could have been of help!!!! Seriously - every little Princess has to do this... mine is not so little, but she thought it was cool

She loves her crocs, but will not be caught in them while playing with friens or at school - but other than that - she wears them pretty much everywhere we go! She is such a SNOB about them too - Why do people by "fake" ones... and she can pick them out!
martha_tweets on Twitter
http://makproject365.blogspot.com (I still use my Disney photos from time to time!)

Old 03-30-2006, 12:14 AM   #4
teresajoy
World's Proudest Aunt!
There is no such thing as too young or too old for Disney World!
Thinks glow in the dark ricrak is cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by makinorlando
Glad I could have been of help!!!! Seriously - every little Princess has to do this... mine is not so little, but she thought it was cool
This does look like fun! I looks like Libbey Lou (not sure of the spelling of that), that are in some of the malls. My daughters love those stores! I am sure we will have to go check this out when we go down!
Quote:
Originally Posted by makinorlando
She loves her crocs, but will not be caught in them while playing with friends or at school - but other than that - she wears them pretty much everywhere we go! She is such a SNOB about them too - Why do people by "fake" ones... and she can pick them out!
LOL, at least that is one question that's EASY to answer! They are usually a whole lot cheaper!
teresajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 03:13 AM   #5
ArielDreams
Mouseketeer

so i'm guessing this is only for little princesses not big ones? i'm jealous! i want princess hair! lol
July 2003 - Caribbean Beach * March 2005 - Pop Century * September 2005 - Coronado Springs
April 2006 - Newport Bay Club (Disneyland Paris) * November 2008 - All Star Movies * October 2010 - Disney Family Museum San Francisco
August 2011 - Boardwalk Inn* April 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside (and engaged at MK!) * Up Next: April 2015????
ArielDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 07:06 AM   #6
Aryn
DIS Veteran

That looks great!! Thanks for the picks. Did you see what the fill a skull thing was about? I saw that for boys, but I still don't know what you fill the skull with? Did they have Ariel? That is who my daughter wants to dress up as.

Thanks
Aryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 07:17 AM   #7
Marseeya
Drama Magnet
I only make exceptions for chocolate Mickey heads
I'm a big pie freak
I'll always laugh myself silly over the flag pole incident.

That looks great!

I have a couple of questions, though. I have an appointment in June for DD and her friend and since I've got the two girls, I'm just getting the "Coach" makeover. With the three hairstyles, do they include the hair accessories, or should I bring my own?

I might have missed it, but how old is your DD? Mine is 10 and they seem to be about the same size. My DD wears her Crocs to school, but she doesn't mind the knock offs. That's hilarious.

Not that I can afford it, but what sizes do the costumes go up to?

DH: 34
Me: 30something
DS: 15 & too cool for WDW
DD: 10 & a real princess freak

*O*O*O*O*O*O*O*O*O*O*O*O*O*O*O*O*O*
Marseeya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 07:22 AM   #8
lillygator

Mom of two Princesses!
Grew up wanting to be a can can girl
let's just say my whoop whoop's woke the sleeping giant!

thanks for posting!! My DD is only 3 and I hope they keep this around - I plan on taking her in for the whole deal and then going to the perfectly princess tea when she turns 5!
Hide the rum, the 2007 Bad Girl Adventures have begun!
'04 ~ Pop, AKL, ASMo, WL & Wonder Cruise!
'05 ~ ASMo, CBR, CSR, ASMu, Pop, Poly & Eastern Cruise!
'06 ~ POR, ASSports, ASMusic x 2, AKL, BWI, POP & Double Dip Cruise!
'07 ~ CBR, ASMo, BCV x 2, OKW, Orlando Breeze, POP!!
'08 ~ Offsite Knight's Inn YUCK! ~ Stealing the Magic ~ May Repo! Candy Cane Inn!
'09 ~ May DCL Western~Key Lime Pirates!
lillygator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 07:23 AM   #9
coinkc
You can find some hot dates at Six Flags St. Louis!

Okay, this might be a sill question...what about girls with short hair? Can they still get a style done? My daughter's hair falls just above her shoulders...also, she will be 9 on our trip. Is this geared towards younger kids or is it set up for kids her age too?
coinkc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 07:35 AM   #10
lillygator

Mom of two Princesses!
Grew up wanting to be a can can girl
let's just say my whoop whoop's woke the sleeping giant!

I'm 31 and I would love to do it, but I am betting they don't have my size costume!!
Hide the rum, the 2007 Bad Girl Adventures have begun!
'04 ~ Pop, AKL, ASMo, WL & Wonder Cruise!
'05 ~ ASMo, CBR, CSR, ASMu, Pop, Poly & Eastern Cruise!
'06 ~ POR, ASSports, ASMusic x 2, AKL, BWI, POP & Double Dip Cruise!
'07 ~ CBR, ASMo, BCV x 2, OKW, Orlando Breeze, POP!!
'08 ~ Offsite Knight's Inn YUCK! ~ Stealing the Magic ~ May Repo! Candy Cane Inn!
'09 ~ May DCL Western~Key Lime Pirates!
lillygator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 08:39 AM   #11
makinorlando

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aryn
That looks great!! Thanks for the picks. Did you see what the fill a skull thing was about? I saw that for boys, but I still don't know what you fill the skull with? Did they have Ariel? That is who my daughter wants to dress up as.

Thanks
We did see the Pirate room, and the fill a skull thing had all kinds of pirate "goodies" - things I remember were plastic heart (real heart - not a valentine heart!), brain, eyes, some silver coins, eye patch, a compass, little skulls, you get the idea.... icky pirate stuff.

In the princess room, besides the crowns that can be made by decorating them with the jewels, etc. they now have a little jewel box, that they can 'stuff' full of jewelery. I noticed lots of different colored bead type bracelets (you know like a pearl bracelet only fun colors), not sure if there was anything else. It really was sort of overwhelming trying to take it all in and remember it all!!!

I guess the "fill up the box" concept started with the Mr Potato heads, but they are expanding in all directions - besided Mr Potato head they have My Little Ponies in Once Upon a Toy (they have been there about a year or so), and then all the new stuff in WOD!

I would think they would have Ariel, since they have the Ariel costume, but I can't say 100% - we aren't doing the costume, just the hair and nails.
Quote:
Originally Posted by coinkc
Okay, this might be a sill question...what about girls with short hair? Can they still get a style done? My daughter's hair falls just above her shoulders...also, she will be 9 on our trip. Is this geared towards younger kids or is it set up for kids her age too?
My DD is 9, and I think the hair styles are kind of funky (at least the Pop Princess and Disney Diva) and appropriate for their age. DD wants nothing to do with the costume and photo shot though! I think they can do it with any length hair - I saw a girl yesterday that looked to have started out with a mid length bob.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marseeya
That looks great!

I have a couple of questions, though. I have an appointment in June for DD and her friend and since I've got the two girls, I'm just getting the "Coach" makeover. With the three hairstyles, do they include the hair accessories, or should I bring my own?

I might have missed it, but how old is your DD? Mine is 10 and they seem to be about the same size. My DD wears her Crocs to school, but she doesn't mind the knock offs. That's hilarious.

Not that I can afford it, but what sizes do the costumes go up to?
The hair accesories are included in the style. They also sell them in the store. If you look at the brochure and the Fairy Tale Princess... that little Tiara she has on is really cute in person. It's on a comb so it stick in the hair. I was going to buy one for me to where around the house... since I am the QUEEN of my domain! My DD is getting the crown, becasue she likes to have her nails done. Tara is just turned 9 (going on 18). She just gets weird things in her mind about what is cool and what is not.. and I bet if she wore her crocs, to school she would be a trend setter! I don't know where she got the "snobbiness" about knock off crocs - we both have the real thing, but we see the others everywher - CVS, Walgreens, Target.... but she knoww the difference. She must have good eyesight and can pic out the little croc on the side of the strap!

Not sure about the sizes of the dressed - I think they might be sized XS, S, M, L, and XL, if I am recalling correctly???? DD is not really into the dresses so much!
martha_tweets on Twitter

Old 03-30-2006, 09:03 AM   #12
Disneynutbsv
DIS Veteran
If I had kept my fancy flyswatter I might be $50 richer!
Secretly I love Lucky Charms

I just booked this for our daughter!! She is going to get it done before we go to 1900 Park Fare for dinner. We booked the Coach package. I can just totally picture her getting the disney princess hairdo...but she might surprise me and get the pop do

DH Me DS dd DS

I'm the only one that hasn't outgrown Disney
Checking out Carnival Cruise line...
Disneynutbsv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 09:08 AM   #13
PrincessLexi
Earning My Ears

Does booking for this fall into the 180 day window? We are going in October, could I book it now?? Thanks!

Cathy
PrincessLexi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 09:37 AM   #14
Disneynutbsv
DIS Veteran
If I had kept my fancy flyswatter I might be $50 richer!
Secretly I love Lucky Charms

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessLexi
Does booking for this fall into the 180 day window? We are going in October, could I book it now?? Thanks!

Cathy
Yes, when I called I was told it was booked at 180 days

DH Me DS dd DS

I'm the only one that hasn't outgrown Disney
Checking out Carnival Cruise line...
Disneynutbsv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 09:42 AM   #15
PrincessLexi
Earning My Ears

Thank you! Just one more thing to add to my list!

Cathy
PrincessLexi is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: