Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-27-2006, 09:25 AM   #1
tlinus
Proud Redhead
Johnny Depp sexy transcends all generations!!!!
we should have just bagged it

All Star Music Family Suites

Just wondreing if anyone has seen this new room? I got a pretty decent package quote, but am wondering if it is big enough for our family of 5 (me, dh, dd(11), dd(7) and ds(4 - 5 on our trip in October).

Thanks in advance for the information!!

Old 03-27-2006, 10:11 AM   #2
minnie61650

DIS Veteran

Location: On a Lake in Southeast Michigan,Snowbird home Bonita Springs,Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlinus
Just wondreing if anyone has seen this new room? I got a pretty decent package quote, but am wondering if it is big enough for our family of 5 (me, dh, dd(11), dd(7) and ds(4 - 5 on our trip in October).

Thanks in advance for the information!!

You should have plenty of room.the suites are the size of 2 regular rooms
giving you 520square feet;
Heres a little info:

Have fun at Disney!
minnie61650 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-27-2006, 10:18 AM   #3
crjack
DIS Veteran

Hi,

I'm also interested but I have a dumb question based on the room layout shown.....is there just a queen bed and a sleep sofa? How do you sleep 5? It looks like 2 full baths, which is great, but is there more than one bedroom? Thanks for your help.
crjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 10:26 AM   #4
minnie61650

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by crjack
Hi,

I'm also interested but I have a dumb question based on the room layout shown.....is there just a queen bed and a sleep sofa? How do you sleep 5? It looks like 2 full baths, which is great, but is there more than one bedroom? Thanks for your help.
The chair and the ottoman also make up into 2 twin beds.

here is the room discrption:

New Family Suites at Disney's All-Star Music Resort
192 "family suite" units will soon open at Disney's All-Star Music Resort.

52 suites will be available in the Jazz building beginning June 4, 2006 and another 140 will open in the Calypso and Jazz buildings by this fall.

These 520 square foot suites sleep up to 6 (plus one child under 3 in a crib).

They include all new furniture, two full baths and a kitchenette with microwave, 4.3 cubic feet cube refrigerator, sink, coffee pot and limited cabinet space.

The main bedroom in the new family suites has a queen bed and 27" flat screen TV.

The second room has a double sleeper sofa, convertible twin chair sleeper and convertible twin ottoman, plus a second 27" flat screen TV.

The units are all non-smoking and have high-speed Internet access (daily fee).

"Rack rates" (full price) for the family suites are $169 value season, $209 regular, $239 peak, $259 holiday.
Old 03-27-2006, 10:26 AM   #5
GurGie

the extra bed solution

I recommend getting one of these:
http://www.sportsauthority.com/produ...secret+sleeper

we just spent 4 days at Pop and had 5 people in the room (2 double beds and the secret sleeper). Worked out great. Don't forget your battery operated air pump.
Old 03-27-2006, 10:43 AM   #6
tlinus
Proud Redhead
Johnny Depp sexy transcends all generations!!!!
we should have just bagged it

Thanks for the replies!!

This looks good for us. I got a good rate and I think for the first time in forever we will be satying ON SITE!! Thank you Disney for making a bigger room!!
Old 03-27-2006, 12:03 PM   #7
mommyoeo
Mouseketeer

Are there any discount on these rooms yet? Anyone know if there ever WILL be any, like AAA or something?
mommyoeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 03:44 PM   #8
minnie61650

DIS Veteran

Some more photos.
I found these on the DIS resorts website.
Enjoy!

Last edited by minnie61650; 03-27-2006 at 06:13 PM.
Old 03-27-2006, 03:58 PM   #9
vellamint
DIS Veteran

AWESOME PICTURES!!!!

Is that a queen bed or a double?
11/2010 Disneyland Paris For My GIRLS SWEET 16!! (Sequoia Lodge)
08/09 All Star Sports -- 11/09 BWV & Disney Wonder -- 2/2010 The Disneyland Hotel -- 10/10 BLT F&W/MNSSHP
01/09 Grand Floridian & Disney Wonder -- 8/08 Hard Rock Hotel & Cypress Pointe & Pop Century --
2/08 Animal Kingdom Villas --
8/06 All Star Movies & Venetian Villages -- 4/06 Grand Californian
3/05 Wilderness Lodge Villas -- 8/04 Disneyland & DCA -- 2/04 Boardwalk Villas -- 8/03 HIFS & Marriott Cypress Harbour
1/03 Beach Club Villas & Old Key West -- 4/02 Radisson Twin Towers & Caribbean Beach -- 8/00 Holiday Inn Sunspree
vellamint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 04:26 PM   #10
minnie61650

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by vellamint
AWESOME PICTURES!!!!

Is that a queen bed or a double?
It is a QUEEN!
Old 03-27-2006, 10:48 PM   #11
Nik's Mom
Karl Pilkington is a genius

Oh this changes everything. When I first heard about the suites, I wanted to stay. But after looking at pictures of the hotel grounds, I thought the kids wouldn't be too into it. So we were thinking 2 connecting rooms somewhere else. But now that I've seen those great pictures of the Music Suites, I want to do it! DH is 6'3", so a double bed just would not do at all. A queen would be nice. I am a little worried that we might be disappointed, since we have always done deluxe and stayed moderate one time. But the suite seems so comfy and gives private space for me and DH. Oh, this is hard. Has AAA offered discounts on these rooms? Also, I thought someone said AS Music was the last hotel for the bus pick-ups to the parks. Will we get stuck watching packed buses passing us up?

Proud Mom to 2 boys, and wife to a great husband!
Nik's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 04:11 AM   #12
DebIreland
ಠvಠ

Nik's Mom,
I had heard that All Star Movies is the last one to be picked up which makes sense because All Star Music is the middle resort so that should be the second one so I think it's AS sport followed by AS music followed by AS movies.

Grieving Angry Widow
DebIreland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 05:56 AM   #13
minnie61650

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebIreland
Nik's Mom,
I had heard that All Star Movies is the last one to be picked up which makes sense because All Star Music is the middle resort so that should be the second one so I think it's AS sport followed by AS music followed by AS movies.
All Star Music is in the middle. Which makes it very easy to walk over to Movies and enjoy the icons and Mickey pool.
When staying at the All Stars you can use any of the All Star pools. that means 3 main pools ,3 quiet pools and 3 kiddie pools to chose from.

Bus rides are quite short from the ALL Stars according to PassPorter.com

All Star Buses-CBR buses---POPbuses--PO buses--- Contemporary
MK 20 min---- 20 min-----25 min------10 min---20 min(mono)
Epcot 10 min-- 15 min-----20 min------10 min---15 min
MGM 10 min----12 min-----15 min------15 min---20min
AK 10 min------20min-------15 min----15 min---20 min
DTD 15 min----20 min------20 min-----15 min---35 min

It only takes 10 minutes to get to Epcot,MGM and AK from All Stars.
MK is 20 min away. That's the same amount of time it takes on the monorail from the Contemporary.

A WORD ABOUT BUS SHARING

To me Bus Sharing at the All Stars is really a non issue.

Quite often in the early mornings each All Star has it's own dedicated bus.
It is usually just our stop and maybe one more on the way to the parks. On the way back sometimes it is all 3 but often Sports and Music share and Movies has it's own bus back.

I guess some people who stay at POP see all 3 All Star names on the return sign of our bus stop when they head to the POP bus stop and think All Stars also has 3 stops on the way to the park.
(Even when we stop at another AS resort to load up it has not taken more than 5 minutes and we are on our way!)

Have fun wherever you choose to stay.
Old 03-28-2006, 11:17 AM   #14
casey49781
Mouseketeer

no flames please ,,,i just thought has anyone gone over the limit by one,,,we have 3 adults and 4 kids should i try it booking a suite,,, and bring a Coleman® kid's Secret Sleeper Quick Bed along,,,,how much trouble would i be in,,,,,
casey49781 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 11:33 AM   #15
DebIreland
ಠvಠ

Hi Casey,
What age is the youngest? If he/she is under 3 you'll be ok in the suite as, according to Allearsnet it's "6, plus one child in a Pak-n-Play crib". If not, then perhaps you could consider renting points from a DVC member for a 2 bedr. villa at Old Key West which, during regular season, costs 24 points per night Sun to Thurs inclusive (Fri and Sat nights are *much* more expensive). If you're lucky and find a DVC member who will rent for 10 dollars per point then that would cost 240 per night (Sun to Thurs) with no tax. Just something to consider. Of course the points vary according to season.

Other than that I guess 2 value rooms and then you could quality too for AAA discounts or Annual Pass discounts which don't seem to be available for the suites.

It's really hard to try to find accommodation for bigger families at WDW. I honestly don't know what would happen if you just left one person off the reservation. I do know that everyone needs to show a room key to avail of Extra Magic Hours though. I'm sure others will have more information and I hope you don't get flamed. Here's a hug in case you do

Edited to add: Don't forget that with 3 adults in the suite, even if you are able to book one, you'll need to pay extra for the third adult. I don't know how much extra but it will increase your rate again making it a fair bit more expensive than 2 rooms.

Grieving Angry Widow
DebIreland is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: