Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Camping at Disney World
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-27-2006, 07:37 AM   #1
cstraub

Requests for Cabin Loop at Ft. Wilderness

Anyone have a good experience with getting in a loop they requested for their stay at Ft. WIlderness Cabins. Last time we were there we were very far from the marina and Trails End and this time we would like to be closer.

When I booked I was told there is no such thing as a perferred cabin so it sounds like you can't pay to be closer. My dad is not handicapped but he does have walking disabilities due to gout. It would be nice if he were able to walk to everything instead of having to get on the buses.

We are renting a golf cart but a lot of the time we won't all be together and my dad can't drive the cart anyway. I'll be with my mom and kids with the cart most of the time. He likes to hang out at the cabin and just relax for most of the time.

Any suggestions on how I can get into the 100. 200, 300 or 400 loops?

We will be there over Spring Break and our flight does not get in until 2:30 pm.

Thanks!
cstraub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 07:53 AM   #2
ugadog99
Has been waiting patiently for a visit from the Tag Fairy and found that good things come to those who wait
Is on a hunt for the best Creme Brulee!

Unfortunately, there are only two "special" cabins in the 100 loop. They are reserved for VIPs, so I've been told. That being said, there are no cabin loops in the area you are interested in. I would suggest the 2500 loop. It is very close to a bus stop, the quiet pool, and laundry. That's really the only advice I can give, sorry.
Register to remove

Old 03-27-2006, 08:07 AM   #3
cstraub

What about the 700 loop?
Old 03-27-2006, 09:50 AM   #4
mousy_in_canada
Ahhh to dream!
I qualify for one of my girls...

we asked for the 2500 loop last time and when we got there we had 2501, we waited until we saw the bus coming then walked out and crossed the road to the stop. it was awesome!!! If I was staying there again I would ask for the same cabin!
Split stay with Poly LGV/AKL SV /OKW villa December 2006

Fort Wilderness Cabin January 2005

Fort Wilderness Camping December 1994

Caribbean Beach Resort (Disneymoon) February 1992

Off site March 1987

Off site December 1981
mousy_in_canada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 10:44 AM   #5
Pete W.
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cstraub
What about the 700 loop?
Cabins are in loops 2100 thru 2800. During Christmas week we stayed in the 2100 loop (Bobcat Bend) and found it to be very conveniently located -- a short walk to the Meadow Trading Post, Bike Barn, main pool, and Campfire. We stayed in cabin 2103 which was near the front of the loop and just across the street from the bus stop.

Check-out Jeff Spencer's FW site for more info: http://fly.hiwaay.net/%7Ejlspence/faq_fw.htm
Pete W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 11:53 AM   #6
cstraub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete W.
Cabins are in loops 2100 thru 2800. During Christmas week we stayed in the 2100 loop (Bobcat Bend) and found it to be very conveniently located -- a short walk to the Meadow Trading Post, Bike Barn, main pool, and Campfire. We stayed in cabin 2103 which was near the front of the loop and just across the street from the bus stop.

Check-out Jeff Spencer's FW site for more info: http://fly.hiwaay.net/%7Ejlspence/faq_fw.htm

I didn't realize that the cabins were only in loops 2100 to 2800. We stayed there for three days in Dec. and I must have been too busy looking at the Christmas lights to notice that there weren't cabins up close to the marina.

I guess now I will request one of the cabins that you or another poster posted. I need to be near a bus. I can't remeber which cabon we had last time but we were near to the bus stop but it was haul to the trading post and pool.

Thanks for the link too!
Old 03-27-2006, 12:33 PM   #7
Gillian
I'm the only crazy disney person in my family
Lost her tag...oops, found one!
Next there will be peacock sightings...

You may be able to make requests for medical reasons. Ask when you call.

Close to a bus stop will be important!
Gillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 10:15 PM   #8
Nik's Mom
Karl Pilkington is a genius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete W.

We are considering the cabins for our trip next May. We have two little guys who are developmentally disabled, so we need a peaceful resort, and someone else suggested renting a cabin. It sounds like we can walk from our cabin to the trading post. How far of a walk is it? Can you walk to the boat launch from there too, or is that too far?

Proud Mom to 2 boys, and wife to a great husband!
Nik's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 11:59 PM   #9
pooh4me
DIS Veteran

If you were to stay in loop 2100,2200 or 2300, it would be about a 1/2 mile walk to the Meadows Trading Post ,pool and campfire and movie program.If you wanted to walk to the marina it would be a good mile.You can take a bus to the Settlement Trading post ,marina,Trails End Buffet and Hoop Dee Do show. If you stayed in loop 2500 you would be right next to the small swimming pool but another 1/4 of a mile more to the Meadows.Fort Wilderness cabins are a quiet place to stay.You and your boys will love them
Old 04-04-2006, 10:57 AM   #10
TChris
Earning My Ears

2600 loop

We requested the 2500 loop when we were there last July. We ended up wth 2601. This was a very good location also, we were right across from the pool and Laundry and real close to the bus stop. You will be fine in most of the loops as long as you are near the front of the loop. Have a great time I wish it was me going.
TChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 07:13 AM   #11
NCDisNut
Earning My Ears

I like the 2100 loop. It's the closest to the trading post and there are some really pretty sites there too.

I don't like being close to the bus stop because of the noise. I always get a golf cart; so, I prefer being in the back of that loop. If you like being close to the bus stop, get one of the sites at the top of that loop. The buses stop at the bus stop/stop sign, and that's straight across the street from the entrance of the loop.

Check out this map:

http://home.hiwaay.net/~jlspence/fwmapnew.jpg

Last edited by NCDisNut; 04-06-2006 at 07:03 AM.
NCDisNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 10:44 PM   #12
cstraub

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCDisNut
I like the 2100 loop. It's the closet to the trading post and there are some really pretty sites there too.

I don't like being close to the bus stop because of the noise. I always get a golf cart; so, I prefer being in the back of that loop. If you like being close to the bus stop, get one of the sites at the top of that loop. The buses stop at the bus stop/stop sign, and that's straight across the street from the entrance of the loop.

Check out this map:

http://home.hiwaay.net/~jlspence/fwmapnew.jpg
Thanks for the map. Now that I'm looking at it, just by luck last time we were in loop 2100. They put us right near the opening of the loop and we were really close to the bus stop. Guess we really did not know hw good we had it without realizing that 2100 is the closest loop to everything. I'll have to dig around and find our cabin number and request that one again.

Thanks!
Old 04-05-2006, 11:05 PM   #13
jonimce
DIS Veteran

Last time we were there, August 2004 one of the CM told us all of the cabins in the camping loops, meaning anything close to the marina, were now for mousekeeping and maintnence.
jonimce is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: