Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-07-2006, 01:56 PM   #46
sheridac
DIS Veteran

Wow Jamal

The mother-lode! Thanks for sharing.
Old 04-07-2006, 03:47 PM   #47
FSUMARCHIEF
Adjust your cargo deary
Not quite the wooo hooty, but I always follow through on a challenge!
Cross my heart. I swear!

Location: Over here. Well, over here. Aw heck, you'll see me.

Hey Jamal - great pictures! We got to do the same thing when we were there in January. We didn't include it in our reports cause we were told it was a special thing and not to tell anyone! I'll post our picture over on the CB. But that was one of the most awesome moments we've ever had! Glad to know someone else has done this so we can gab about it!

Blessings!
Marky Mark
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-07-2006, 05:04 PM   #48
MOMOFMNM
DIS Veteran

Jamal:

just wanted to say LOVIN' it!!!!

thanks for a great TR!!!

I love Beauty and the Beast too btw...my fav!!!

I run around the house singing like Belle all the time, trying to teach dh the words but he ain't going for it YET....

WE'LL SEE!!

thanks again
Old 04-07-2006, 08:23 PM   #49
frankenpooh
Mouseketeer

Jamal, your report is too cute! So is your haircut. I really might print off a pic of you and show it to the girl who cuts my hair.

See, you never know where these TRs might lead.

Also, I don't feel so bad taking two posts to cover one day on my Trip Report when it's taking you, what, 5 so far for March 24?

It's super! Keep at it.

I run so I can go to WDW every January WDW Half Marathon 2007, 2009, 2010; WDW Full Marathon 2008; Next Family Trip: August 2009 at BWI

Old 04-07-2006, 08:58 PM   #50
kpk89
I know that you know that I kn...well, you get the pic
What is a po-tro-ast?
mumbling and looking at floor

Hi Jamal! Finallyfinallyfinally I got a chance to read your report. Love it! How awesome to get to travel in richy rich mode, and to be with your good friends. I'm with the rest of your fan club -- don't rush it, but see if you can post up another quality installment ASAP!

For you:
Old 04-07-2006, 10:06 PM   #51
a*lil*bit*goofy
If only I had a brain! :O/
Oh wow now i am even more excited for the odd nights

This is a great trip report! and those princess pics, i have shivers! i would have bawled to walk in and see that. What a blessing to have such pixie dust around you! I look forward to more :O)
Old 04-08-2006, 06:54 AM   #52
Grammyof2
Best Woo Hootier that ever woo hootied
Prom Queen
I am MENSA

Location: Heading to midlife wearing my Levi's and flip flops

The last installment and pics were.... WOW. How great was that?

The group shot is incredible. I would blow that up poster size and wallpaper my bathroom.

Can't wait for more.
Old 04-08-2006, 07:36 AM   #53
pooksma
Can't help it~there is something about Ed...kinda like the Gary Sinise thing...
Well I have laughed my posterior region until it almost removed itself from my body

Awesome report continues! That shot of the group is so awesome.

Now about that "lady" (and I use the term loosely)...just scary, darn scary!
Old 04-08-2006, 07:57 AM   #54
MomofCKJ
I just lost steam at about 5 minutes
Wants to really smell the roses
I will not eat the second end of the hot dog

I am so loving your report! And the pictures, wonderful! Well except for the one of the lady in the waaaay too short skirt. Eeek! How embarassing!

Keep 'em coming!

Allyson
Old 04-08-2006, 07:59 AM   #55
Beana9802
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankenpooh
Jamal, your report is too cute! So is your haircut. I really might print off a pic of you and show it to the girl who cuts my hair.
Mee tooo! I love it. I used to be short, but grew it out a few years ago. You may just have inspired me enough!

Smiles,
Kathleen
Old 04-08-2006, 09:07 AM   #56
jamal
Nutwing #4
You and your peeps are
B-E-A-utiful!

I am soooo glad I took pictures and wrote this trip report so you fine people could get hairdo ideas.

The CookMaster (on the left with Belle) is the one with the better hair and coined the term zesty for the cut. I've always had short hair and have gone to her hairguy for 4 years, but hers is still the standard.

OK, back to Dis. I am happy you like our little tale and pictures. I will try to get another chapter done today! To quote an idol, this will be endless!!
Now playing:
The Fixer, The CookMaster, The Teacher, and The President: a 2007 sequel of sorts!!

3/07 BC CL,9/07 BC CL , Jan. 2008 AKL, June 2008 Windsor Hills(!), Sept. '08 Poly, Thanksgiving '08 CR CL!
Old 04-08-2006, 10:53 AM   #57
paslea_pooh
DIS Veteran

Subscribing...

Wow, there are some really great trip reports going on, ALL at the same time. At this rate, I will never be caught up on Laundry.

You are doing a great job!

My DD had a kindergarten teacher who used to say, "You get what you get and you don't get upset"

BTW, the lady in the short skirt was ME. I really thought I looked good that day!
I AM SOOOO KIDDING !!!!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 04-08-2006, 08:25 PM   #58
jamal
Nutwing #4
You and your peeps are
B-E-A-utiful!

DAY 3, March 25

DH is a liar. “I’m getting up! I’m making the coffee while you shower.” He did neither. He got up late then stunk up the bathroom. He is on my List!!!

We had a hot plan for EPCOT and arrived in short order (hence the cookie-eating time at the gate). The CookM and I were once again FastPass designees, chicken-runners or not. We FPed Test Track and walked walked walked to Soarin where we all rode Puddy. We had some rude front row sitters who would NOT MOVE ALL THE WAY TO THE END OF THE ROW-I will NEVER understand this-but it was a beautiful flight. This is my type of vacation!! I love it!

I want you to know I did something I never thought I’d do. I did it for Mel and all of you. I felt I owed it to Mel for all the entertainment she has given me.

I rode Gary.

I hate to spin. I hate nausea. I hate the teacups.

I liked the pre-mission. I even liked the liftoff. I had listened and knew not to close my eyes or turn my head from the screen. After the liftoff, though, I was ALL DONE and focused on not barfing in DHs lap. I made it, but that thing is Mission: Disorientation. Mission: Vomit. Mission: Puke. OK, enough.

We had a much better time on Test Track. We all love that ride! It is E’s very favorite. In the dump shop he begged me to buy the same toy we bought there three years ago that he played with for exactly one week. No sir.

The CookMaster’s family had lunch plans with her brother who happened to be at Disney at the same time. So we parted ways for a few hours. But Dude! We did Crush! That is awesome, dude!! We also enjoyed lunch at Cantina de San Angel, did Innoventions (much better than DQ to us), and rode Figment.

We headed to Spaceship Earth to ride the golf ball before heading back to the hotel. But the golf ball let us down…slowly. It broke…excuse me, went down… while we were at the top. That’s where I took my nap (I can sleep ANYWHERE!) as the speakers shouted “Please remain in your seats.” Over and over and over. After 45 mins
we walked down 100,000 steps to exit and barely made it back to the Poly in time to leave for ….Cirque de Soleil!!

Cledus very kindly offered to spring for a cab to Cirque. The CookMaster had it all arranged with the bellmen and we expected to hop in a van-cab. Well, it turned into the Fare Feuders as another cab (bell services had called one and we tried to take a standby as we didn’t know another was coming) pulled up. These two drivers argued outside the cab and tried to pull a fast one on us so they could each have a fare: Oh, come on, split up You’ll be more comfortable. No? Well, we’re not supposed to take eight (no problem minutes before). The CookMaster and Cledus decided –and we all agreed- to FOR-GET it (as she says) and we walked over to the bus stop. The Fare Feuders looked stumped, tried to sweet talk Cledus—that wasn’t happening—and ended up with the big nothing they deserved! The bus got us there in plenty of time and Cirque was fabulous! We are still talking about how it was the greatest thing any of us have ever seen. Go. It’s worth it. E wants the job of the tiny circus bike rider. He thinks the hardest part of that job would be keeping his hat on his head.

We ended Day 3 at Ohana for a yummy dinner and to watch Wishes again. Here we are up close for all you hairdo fans:

Fights: 3, including one each within The Fixer and Gatelatch marriages
Meltdowns: only 1!

Day 4—Animal Kingdom!!

Sunday was another cold one so we donned our same old clothes as our shorts and tees languished in the resort closets. We didn’t care, though, as we were off to ride Yeti!!

At breakfast, we had asked the boys to consider where we have seen God on this vacation. E’s first answer was the turtles (and apparently Crush) in Living Seas. They also mentioned kindness, happiness, and joy. Yes, we agreed, He is everywhere.

Our AK plan was to go through Asia (good plan) to get to EE first. All eight of us loved every minute of it! That is one cool trick! I could have done the Yeti all day!! It’s a sight to behold in the park, too:

After that we did Safari where DH took his usual 100,000 pictures, including this beauty of a beast:

He looks just like Aslan to me!!

About that time the CookMaster/Magician received another call from her CM friend. Could we be at 2:00 Lion King show??????? More surprises on the way! You bet!! We’re there, buddy! NEXT chapter: http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...5&postcount=69
Now playing:
The Fixer, The CookMaster, The Teacher, and The President: a 2007 sequel of sorts!!

3/07 BC CL,9/07 BC CL , Jan. 2008 AKL, June 2008 Windsor Hills(!), Sept. '08 Poly, Thanksgiving '08 CR CL!

Last edited by jamal; 07-06-2006 at 01:56 PM. Reason: To take the apostrophe out of Ohana
Old 04-08-2006, 08:27 PM   #59
jamal
Nutwing #4
You and your peeps are
B-E-A-utiful!

Quote:
BTW, the lady in the short skirt was ME. I really thought I looked good that day!
Ooooh, I was afraid it would be a Disser. I knew you people were loose!!!
Now playing:

Old 04-09-2006, 11:06 AM   #60
horsegirl
I feel blonder than a cocker spaniel!
I tell people I am 30-10-15 so they are super impressed
I got distracted by all the lovebugs on the pool bar

Location: running from the fruit stand and hiding all my nature pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamal
DAY 3, March 25

DH is a liar. “I’m getting up! I’m making the coffee while you shower.” He did neither. He got up late then stunk up the bathroom. He is on my List!!!
Too funny! Did DH see this?
Quote:

After that we did Safari where DH took his usual 100,000 pictures, including this beauty of a beast:

About that time the CookMaster/Magician received another call from her CM friend. Could we be at 2:00 Lion King show??????? More surprises on the way! You bet!! We’re there, buddy!
That is a beauty of the Beast- Wow.

Jamal-love the great shots you all take. Your boys are adorable. They look so much like you! How does that happen?

Love your clever style, and I have to say you and the cookmaster do have fabulous hair!

Need a Smile? Snowstorm pix of a beautiful snowy day [/SIZE]
A Day at the Punkin Patch-A Celebration of a New England Fall Day
A Week by the Lake- A trip report designed to soothe and calm the reader
How to Make $3600 on Your Disney Vacation...A Trip Report

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: