Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-26-2006, 07:42 AM   #136
jamal
Nutwing #4
You and your peeps are
B-E-A-utiful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tictoc
I am wy behind so forgive this late post. . . . I am so excited at seeing your pictures with Dave in them! Dave was our guide for our fishing excursion a few years ago. He was so fantastic. My boys still talk about Dave!
Wasn't he great? If he's not in the planning video, he should be. I want to tell everone to request him. I'm sure others are good, too.

Thanks for reading. Much more to come!
Now playing:
The Fixer, The CookMaster, The Teacher, and The President: a 2007 sequel of sorts!!

3/07 BC CL,9/07 BC CL , Jan. 2008 AKL, June 2008 Windsor Hills(!), Sept. '08 Poly, Thanksgiving '08 CR CL!
Old 04-27-2006, 10:06 AM   #137
luciloo
Mouseketeer

Subscribing, can't wait to hear more
May/June 2008 - Spring Hill Villa, Spring Hill, FL
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-27-2006, 10:26 AM   #138
Grammyof2
Best Woo Hootier that ever woo hootied
Prom Queen
I am MENSA

Location: Heading to midlife wearing my Levi's and flip flops

I gave you a 36 hour window to put up another chapter. What happened?

Last edited by Grammyof2; 04-27-2006 at 10:27 AM. Reason: I was so redneck in the last 36 hours even Springer wouldn't believe it
Old 04-27-2006, 01:45 PM   #139
ENSOCK
DIS Veteran

OKay I am going to get fired from work. I have been reading your posts all day and came to the end of the line. Where is the end........I must read more.
Great report. We are going for the first time and reading your report makes me wish that I was already there.
Old 04-27-2006, 04:56 PM   #140
jamal
Nutwing #4
You and your peeps are
B-E-A-utiful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grammyof2
I gave you a 36 hour window to put up another chapter. What happened?

Give me a few more, Grammy. I am up to my eyeballs in PTO and church, but my martyr pass expires soon.

Thanks luciloo and ENSOCK! Your comments fuel me to write more!

We're still on day 6 of 10 so come back. This stuff doesn't fly off the computer.

Jamal
Now playing:
The Fixer, The CookMaster, The Teacher, and The President: a 2007 sequel of sorts!!

3/07 BC CL,9/07 BC CL , Jan. 2008 AKL, June 2008 Windsor Hills(!), Sept. '08 Poly, Thanksgiving '08 CR CL!
Old 04-29-2006, 08:05 PM   #141
grumpygirl06
Earning My Ears

Help!

Oh Jamal! Where are you??? I can't handle the suspense. I admit it, I am addicte dto your wonderful trip reports and miss not seeing them!
Old 04-29-2006, 09:28 PM   #142
jamal
Nutwing #4
You and your peeps are
B-E-A-utiful!

I promise I have not left forever! I have a project to finish and really expect to get the next chapter up Sunday. Really. I appreciate you reading; don't give up on me. Your comments inspire me!
Now playing:

Old 04-29-2006, 10:58 PM   #143
Dustmouse
Proud DISer for 13 years!

I just marathoned through all 10 pages of your TR and it's 11pm! It's gonna be a rough morning getting ready for church in a few hours.

Jam, fantastic trip report! I couldn't imagine trying to coordinate getting two families around WDW. (I can barely get mine out the door each morning!) But what a blessing to have another wonderful bunch to share the magic with!

Personal jealousy rating: HIGH!

Awesome friends...private jet...Poly concierge...backstage meet and greets...fabulous meals...beautiful children...well behaved DH...HOLY COW!

June 2001 *Swan* - June 2006 *Beach Club Villas* - June & October 2009 *All Star Sports & 1 glorious night at Contemporary MK View* - April 2011 *Pop Century* - November 2011 *Disney Dream & Polynesian* - June 2012 *Port Orleans Riverside & Beach Club* - March 2013 - *Disney Magic* - June 2013 *Offsite Timeshare*- November 2013 *Disney Wonder*
Old 05-02-2006, 03:34 PM   #144
jamal
Nutwing #4
You and your peeps are
B-E-A-utiful!

Part 13, still Day 5, March 28

First, let me thank you for your patience and encouragement. Life got in the way of the best made plans last week so I am behind on this trip report. I’ll be better this week. Cledus is asking for more chapters, so here goes:

Our break-from-the-parks day continued back at the lovely Polynesian resort. After lunch in Captain Cook’s, the boys decided to swim and I had a date with the laundry room. Now, I’ve never done laundry at Disney. We’ve always packed enough clothes to make it through the week. But halfway through this ten-day extravaganza, our pants and long-sleeved shirts had worn out their welcome and deserved a spin and dry. The CookMaster, of course, had done laundry the day before me. She’s like that: always a step ahead in accomplishing tasks. She’s the Doer, The Accomplisher, as well as CookMaster and Magician. Don’t you love her? So she’s sold me on the Poly laundry and I’m off with my book and two loads in a suitcase.

For those of you who may need this amenity someday, I will tell you it’s just fine. The machines transformed my dollars into quarters and my quarters into detergent, wash, dry, and dryer sheets. I sat in a comfy chair and joined another mom in a trashy Lifetime movie on the screen. I was missing the Gatelatches and was thrilled when my phone rang. They were back from a day of waving manymany Fastpasses at MGM. The boys hooked up at the pool, then arcade, and the CookMaster joined me in a load of wash and fold.

Later that afternoon, I was ready for a glass of wine in the lounge. The boys came in for a lemonade and game of checkers. I must say, all four boys behaved so well on the trip. Roll your eyes if you want, but I saw enough Veruca Salts and Greedy Gimmies to make me grateful for our boys. They were kind to each other and did what we told them to do. What in the world do kids have to complain about in Disney World? I don’t know, but I saw plenty doing it. I’m just grateful we all had a good time enjoying magic in each other’s company.

The evening’s ADR called for a monorail and boat to Wilderness Lodge for Whispering Canyon Café. We left early so the boys could check out the pin kiosk at the Contemporary. They really enjoyed buying the pins this trip. I don’t think any of them traded, but they carefully pondered each selection and searched for exactly what they wanted. They do make great souvenirs. The pins do, too.

Pins in hand, we made our way past the CR pool to the boat dock. We stayed at the CR last year and loved it. You simply cannot beat the convenience of walking back to your resort from MK. We also loved our view from the tower room; you can pretty much see who’s riding AstroOrbiter. The staff was friendly, rooms were big and comfy, and our bathroom there was much bigger than our Poly bath. But the pool is kinda pitiful. Our boys told the Gatelatch boys all about it as we walked by: that pool wasn’t much fun. No, they definitely prefer the smokin’ volcano on the beach. It worked for us because we don’t spend that much time at the pool, but if pool tricks are your game, this one needs a timeout.

We had plenty of time to look at, talk about, even swim (if we had wanted to) in that pool because the launch to the WL took 100,000 hours to arrive! That was, by far, our longest Disney transportation wait. We stayed at the WL three years ago, but I don’t remember the waits being nearly that long….and it was cold then. Anyway, we used the time to take a few pictures of the boys, as it was our last night together and all…

First they posed well for us…

Then they turned back into boys…

The Gatelatches asked us to take a family pic for them, but The CookMaster had to fool with DS9’s hair. He loved that; everyone patiently waited…..

Finally, what should be their Christmas card photo…

The only good thing about waiting for a Disney boat is it gives you time to get hungry. We were, surprisingly, starving, despite being charter members of the Disney Dining Plan for the Overfed.

We finally made it to the WL in time to race to the podium for ADRs. By now we’ve realized even if you race to the podium, you’re going to have to wait for your table. I understand Disney does not hold tables with an ADR as a typical reservation does, but we always had plenty of time to restroom and wash hands while we waited. We looked around the impressive WL lobby and were seated shortly.

OK, it’s time to say it. For the first time this trip, we were a bit disappointed in an old favorite. WCC was louder than ever. Maybe I’m just that much older, but we couldn’t hear a thing. Some servers were funny, but ours (Lenny) was quite average. I’m sure it was fine, but it was all very very slow. I think dessert (which we had to order even though we were full) took about 25 minutes to arrive. We did laugh about the ketchup bottles and straws in the hair. Lenny did threaten to tie up DS6 for not eating his supper (which sent him promptly to that hiding place called the restroom). It was fine and, as always, we made our own fun, but it wasn’t a meal-report highlight. The funniest part of the evening was witnessing yet another meltdown, and deciding to catch a photo for you readers. We giggled our heads off as this little tyke turned UP the volume. He was ALL DONE with his day and wanted to tell the world! For those of you who have been puzzled by the Meltdown tally, I present Exhibit A:

If this is your child, I want you to know I said a prayer for you right after I took his picture.

Another topic of conversation centered around our continued attempts to persuade the Gatelatches to stay the rest of the week. Well, let’s be honest, everyone but Cledus was I-N! Cledus, though, is far too responsible and important to be away from his business more than six days (see CAST). He is great at resting and vacationing, then he needs to make sure his business has not gone belly-up in his absence. Every time we begged him to stay, he said they’d have to go to the Motel 6 and he didn’t know where one was. I finally decided to leave him alone, secretly launching my plot to make them return with us on our next trip to the World.

I left in another food coma, vowing to refuse dessert the next day. On the boat back to the CR, we had the unexpected pleasure of enjoying the Electric Water Pageant on its way to Fort Wilderness. It was chilly that night, and I remember E snuggled in my lap. Actually, we all huddled close and relaxed in gratitude for another Mickey-magical day.

Day 6 totals—
Meltdowns: 7 highest total yet!
Fights: 0 wow!

Yes, this was shorter chapter but I wanted to finish Day 6! Days 7-10 still to come. I promise!
Now playing:

Old 05-02-2006, 03:39 PM   #145
sheridac
DIS Veteran

Jammie Jam Jam!!!

So happy to see another install. I'll be waiting patiently for the rest.
Old 05-02-2006, 04:17 PM   #146
nicolemarie
DIS Veteran

Great Pics!

And a good installment, too. It sounds like fun to have close friends to share a trip with. I guess I need to convert some of our friends into those who "get Disney". At this point, we all have small children and everyone thinks it's too much work! Oh, the misconception....

NicoleMarie

"Better is one day in Your courts than a thousand elsewhere." Psalm 84:10

What I learned from the DIS - Spring Break 2006 (with pics!!)

Are We Turkeys? - Thanksgiving 2006 at WDW

Old 05-02-2006, 04:20 PM   #147
pooksma
Can't help it~there is something about Ed...kinda like the Gary Sinise thing...
Well I have laughed my posterior region until it almost removed itself from my body

WHew. I was getting worried. Thanks for another fab look into the world of your vacation.
Old 05-02-2006, 04:28 PM   #148
honeybee213
Mouseketeer

That meltdown face was priceless! Thanks for another great installment
Old 05-03-2006, 09:25 AM   #149
burly
DIS Veteran

More more more please.
Old 05-03-2006, 10:06 AM   #150
GeorgiaAristocat
Côôl DIS Veteran
Is this a quiet woohooty?
I'm proud that my brain finally kicked in!

Another wonderful installment Jam -

Thank goodness we're not going at the same time. I do not begin to believe that I will make it through 8 days at Disney without my kids melting down at some point. It's inevitable. Like the fact that my daughter will someday take scissors to her hair.
Christmas with Mickey! Our first trip as AP holders! December 2007 POFQ
There's Nothing Like Celebrating Your Birthday with the Mouse! May 2008 POR
October is boo-rific! October 2008 POFQ
Our Friend is on R&R from Iraq, So We're Disney World Bound! November 2009 CSR

Kids, Disney, Action! Extreme Trip (Report) HERE

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: