Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-21-2006, 11:49 PM   #1
Cheryl N. WI
DIS Veteran

Question Universal Studios ??

We are going to be staying at the Grand California Sat. June 17-Thur. June 22 and we are palnning on buying the City Pass that includes Universal Studios. Sat. morning we will be driving to Anaheim from Palm Desert and I figured we'd check in at GC and then walk around DTD and then we have Sun. through Wed. to use our 3 days at Disneyland and California Adventure and the 1 day at Universal. What day would be best to go to Universal? I was wondering if Sun. would be best to avoid the weekday traffic but Sun. is Father's Day and will it be extra crowded (but DL would probably be crowded for that reason also)? I am thinking about upgrading our tickets to the front of the line tickets at Universal so I guess than crowds wouldn't be as much of an issue. How long of a drive is it from DL to Universal and does anyone have driving directions? Also DD who will be 12 when we go would love to see the Hollywood sign, is this anywhere near Universal that we could see that on the same day?

Cheryl
Old 03-22-2006, 04:03 AM   #2
Diva of Dragons
Tiger here!!
Oldtimer despite the post count!

Hi!

Sunday is as good a day as any. It will be high season, so crowds will be fairly heavy every day. Fortunately, Universal isn't huge, so you will probably get to see what you want regardless of the crowds.

Traffic around here is unpredictable. It SHOULD only take 40 min. from DL to Universal, on a weekend. But, sometimes weekend traffic is worse than week days. DH took 2 hours to go 50 miles last Sat., no acccidents

All you have to do is take the I-5 North to the 101 North (Hollywood Freeway) and exit when you see the signs for Universal. While driving on the 101, if it's clear, you can see the Hollywood sign on the hills to the right.

If you wanted to stop to see the sign. You can see it from Hollywood & Highland (a shopping center named for the intersection it is on & the location of the Kodak Theatre).

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: