Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-20-2006, 08:08 AM   #1
Pluto14
Mouseketeer

Question Anyone have the following strollers....

As we get closer to our trip date, I have been doing tremendous amounts of research on lightweight umbrella strollers! I think I have narrowed down my choices to the Zooper Twist, Inglesina Swift, Maclaren Triumph, and the Chicco Tuscany (all of which are about the same price range except for the Tuscany much cheaper)

If you do have one of these strollers, would you mind giving me your opinion? Did you take it to Disney? How did it handle? Was your child comfortable? Any problems with the folding/storage basket access? Was it easy to lug off and on to the trams/boats/monorail? How well was your child protected by the rain/sun/heat?

I have read many reviews on babiesrus, target, epinions, etc., but I'd like a review from the "WDW Perspective"

Thanks in advance!
Kris
Joe
DD Katie
Pluto14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 12:30 PM   #2
3littleHalls
DIS Veteran

We have the Triumph by Maclaren and it has been to WDW! It did a great job for us. It is very lightweight, easy to push, folds easily, and worked well for our oldest(6) to our youngest(1) so far, we don't have a single complaint. It even rained and the rain cover did a fantastic job. I really liked the carrying strap too. We brought it as a spare for our 6 yr old and if she walked we had it folded up and put on our double(Twin Traveler-Mac) Hope this helps.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-20-2006, 01:47 PM   #3
Figaro77
Earning My Ears

I just posted a new thread about the Zooper Twist - we just got one and I cannot believe this stroller is not more popular. I guess if you don't live in a place plagued by terminally hot/humid weather, some of its features won't seem like that big of a deal, but this stroller rocks for the southeast. We haven't taken it to Disney yet, but our weather is pretty comparable. It has great storage, is very lightweight, and the backside of the canopy zips off to a mesh part for air flow through the stroller. The canopy is a standard size, meaning inadequate, and it comes with a sun filter, which, as far as I can tell, is designed to slow cook babies to even levels of tenderness in the southern heat, so I also ordered the Kiddopotamus ray shade, which works great and protects little legs from sunburns. Hope this helps!
Figaro77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 06:55 PM   #4
tracilicious
Anti-smiley brigade

We have the Inglesina twin swift and it is heaven. Does everything a Mac can do and more for half the price. I can push this thing one handed with a three year old and nine month old in it. So narrow too. I know you aren't looking for a twin, but I just wanted to weigh in with my opinion of Inglesina. www.baby-gaga.com has a ton of stroller reviews.
Old 03-20-2006, 07:02 PM   #5
disneyfanatical
Earning My Ears

We have the Chicco Tuscany and we absolutely love it... we are going to Disney in a few weeks and plan on taking it with us. We picked it up at Toys R Us for only $39.00. It was the last one and it was out of the box....right place, right time. We use it to go on our daily walks and our 5 month old reclines to sleep without any problems.

March '94- Offsite
November '97- All Star Music
January '02 - Fort Wilderness
October '04 - Vacation Home Offsite
April '06 - Vacation Home Offsite
April '07 - Vacation Home Offsite
disneyfanatical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 08:21 AM   #6
Pluto14
Mouseketeer

Boy, you all are making it tough! Great reviews for all so far! I guess that is a good thing, because it sounds like whichever one we choose will be fine!

I really like the fact that the Twist has a mesh canopy for air flow. That might be important in the heat since we go in July every year.

Did the Tuscany, Swift, and Triumph come with rain covers?

Thanks for the babyga-ga website!
Pluto14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 08:44 AM   #7
disneyfanatical
Earning My Ears

The Tuscany has a rain cover that came with it. It works great!!

March '94- Offsite
November '97- All Star Music
January '02 - Fort Wilderness
October '04 - Vacation Home Offsite
April '06 - Vacation Home Offsite
April '07 - Vacation Home Offsite
disneyfanatical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 09:03 AM   #8
Desnik
I actually love packing and planning
I'm glad DH and I were friends first then a couple

The Triumph comes with a rain cover. We just bought this stroller for DS who is 3yo. He is very light so the fact that this stroller holds up to 55lbs is great! It means we will be using it for a long time. My son is very tall and this was the only stroller I found that his head doesn't go over the seat or hit the canopy! We have been "getting it ready" for our WDW trip coming up by using it around the mall and we love it. It steers easily and is so smooth! I love the handles and the look of the stroller too! The basket in the bottom is big enough for us and the carry strap is very handy. Also I was able to get this stroller for $106 with tax and shipping from babyage.com. Great deal on a great stroller!
Our Disney Vacations: SSR AUG 2014 * PoP, DISNEY DREAM, AKV JAN 2014 * AoA, BLT AUG 2013 * AoA, WLV Xmas 2012 * AKV AUG 2011 * SSR AUG 2010 * BWI, AKV JUNE 2010 * GF NOV 2009 * POLY JUNE 2009 * AKV, BCV JAN 2009 * BWV JULY 2008 * OKW APRIL 2008 * AKV, SSR NOV 2007 * CR MK VIEW! OCT 2007 * BWV APRIL 2007 * SSR NOV 2006 * BWV, SSR MAY 2006 * SSR, VERO JUNE 2005 * POR, WL, BWV NOV 2004 * ASMo, BWV NOV 2003 * BWI May 2002 * GF NOV 2001 * CSR, VERO NOV 2000 * Offsite Oct. 1998, July 1997 and 1983
Our Disney Vow Renewal TR
Desnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 10:21 AM   #9
giasmom
Mouseketeer

Not to make this harder on you but i have the Inglesina Zippy. Its been to Disney twice, April and October of last year and will be going back again this May.

It is so easy to fold you will not find a stroller that folds up easier. Just FYI this was my 3rd stroller first I had a Peg, then a Combi and I will never have anything other than an Inglesina.

Oh and the new ones come with an extra snack tray to replace the front bar and it has a zip on rain cover that comes in a bag that fits underneath the stroller.
giasmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 05:31 PM   #10
HELPDESKGUY
Disney Dad

i just picked up the 2005 Mac from babyage for $109 Shipped.
HELPDESKGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 07:44 PM   #11
justKim
Mouseketeer

I have a Mac Triumph and I love it, but I've never owned any of the other strollers. It is our Disney stroller, and with my youngest just tturning three it is now my only stroller.

At the time I bought it, it was one of the lightest around which helps carrying it on trams and buses. I can fold it easily and get it folded and over my shoulder in a few seconds. It does come with a rain cover, but I have never used it. I like that the handles are tall and my husband doesn't have to stoop over to push it. It can carry a lot of weight and my 3 year old and 6 year old took turns riding in it last month.

We saw several Triumphs on our first trip and I added some ribbon to the handle (lime green of course) to help find it quickly in the stroller parking areas.

There are lots of stroller threads on this board, try a search and you should come up with a lot of great information.

Happy shopping!
2008 Apr -- Western Caribbean on the Magic, BCV, Jun -- HHI, Oct -- SSR, Dec -- SSR
2007 Jan -- OKW, Mar -- SSR, Jun --HHI, Oct -- VWL & MNSSHP, Dec -- SSR
2006 Feb -- SSR, Apr -- Wonder cruise & BCV, Jun -- HHI, Oct -- VWL & MNSSHP
2005 May -- VWL, 2005 Oct -- BWV & MNSSHP
2004 April -- WL, Thanksgiving on the Wonder, Dec -- CR
justKim is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: