Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-23-2006, 08:16 AM   #121
kimmar067
We have squash and zucchini coming outta the wazoo
I just shot coffee through my NOSE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsegirl
DJ-“Yup, but they asked me if we would be willing to give up our seats.”

Me- “Ha, did you tell them ‘NO WAY’?”

DJ- “Yeah, but they are offering to give us $500 bucks and first class on the next flight.”

ME-(wheels turning)- “First class?” Oooh, a couple of G & T’s for mommy and daddy who have now been up for 30 hours…..

DJ-“It’s 4 hours. This isn’t fair on the kids.”

ME- “The kids, what about us? Yeach, $500 bucks and first class ain’t worth it.”

We all sit and wait. They keep asking for 5 volunteers. My stomach feels a knot. They are short 5 seats. And I see an attendant sauntering over to us. With all the people on this flight, why is she zeroing in on us. You know how you can sense when you are the target way before someone is in your zone? I looked up and tried to gauge what she might be going to say. Have they figured out that we were the five seats that got booked when there wasn’t a seat vacant? Did my sweet gal who put us on this flight somehow mark that we were the last reservations? My leg is really swinging. DOES SHE KNOW IT”S OUR FAULTTHEY ARE OVERBOOKED? OKay stuck in cin for 24 hours, here it comes. Well, we got this far, maybe we can go check out the rock n roll hall of fame. Wait, that's cleveland. Dang...

Attendant- Are you sure you folks wouldn’t consider giving up your seat? $2000 in Delta air vouchers, first class on the next flight out and lunch any where in the airport.

DJ- “Thanks, we’ll think about it.” He always acts so cool. Would make a great poker player, only this boy is all about safety.

$2000 – whoa, big fella. Horse of a different color. She got my attention. My adrenalin flows. I see several families listening to the whole thing. I am thinking they might try to horn in on this deal. None of them has little tykes like us-well not as many.…..

Sooo, you can either accept the $500, or KEEP your briefcase...DEAL, or NO DEAL?"
July 1992~off-site Dec 1999~CSR Feb 2001~DxL Nov 2001~Dolphin July 2002~CBR Aug 2002~WL Feb 2005~AKL/concierge Feb 2005~AKL Aug 2006~PoP C Aug 2006~AKL Dec 2007~DolphinJuly/Aug 2010~Mystic Dunes April 2013 ~ AKL"That's IT! The absolutely, positively VERY LAST Marino....." "We WEREN'T the 'Castle Family', We Didn't..." "The Trippie Who Hath..."
Old 03-23-2006, 08:22 AM   #122
5boyz
DIS Veteran

LMAO!!! GOOD ONE KIMMAR!!!!!!!!!!!!

by the way can someone tell me how you get back to the thread page after looking at 1 thread or replying to one!! I just keep pressing "back" but there has to be a better way!!!! Thanx!!!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-23-2006, 08:28 AM   #123
Kala
Mouseketeer

5boyz

Go to the top of the page and look for an open file folder symbol. There should be a chain showing the pages open, with the last one being the thread you're on, then the topic, then the catagory. Just click on where you want to go back to..
12/96 Polynesian, 2/98 All Star Sports/Caribbean, Beach/Polynesian, 3/98 Polynesian Concierge, 1/99 Port Orleans/Polynesian, 10/00 PortOrleans/Polynesian, 2/01 Polynesian, 9/01 Polynesian, 11/03 2 weeks at Polynesian!, 1/04 Pop Century, 10/04 Pop and AKL, 09/05 Pop and AKL, 01/06 Universal Royal Pacific, Boardwalk Villas and Contemporary Tower, 05/06 All Star Music, 09/06 Contemporary Tower, 02/07 Polynesian Pirate Party, 12/07 Port Orleans French Quarter, 1/08 Pop Century, 1/09 Port Orleans French Quarter, 6/09 Pop Century, 1-2/10 Universal Hard Rock, Polynesian, 1-2/11 Port Orleans French Quarter for Two, 1-2/12 Polynesian Family Trip, 09/13 Bay Lake Tower, 1/14 Port Orleans Riverside Family Vacation
Old 03-23-2006, 08:32 AM   #124
DMOMof3
When will my DS14 ease up on this growth spurt?
I know I will get the help I need here

Quote:
Kimmer067!

Thanks for LOL! Just got in from the barn. Okay, the cleaning of the stalls. I have several strategies that take no time at all. One, don't feed them. This makes stall cleaning very quick, but you know I am animal lover numero uno, so cruelty is out. Option two, have multiple children so you can resort to child labor. Okay, I am waiting to cash in on this one, but so far, only Sky my boy/girl is the only one who has picked up a maure fork (proper terminology is essential in the snobby world of horses but s---picker upper or something like that works for me, I'm a down home kinda gal), so maybe someday I'll sit back while the dks do my ehem, dirty work. Three, hire someone. uh, I am not spending my Disney money on poop! Four, Lock them out of their stalls, who cares if the elements freeze, soak or burn 'em.

No, you might be able to tell none of these are real options. Truth is I have run in stalls, and sometimes I don't have to clean for days, and sometimes its every day. Summer is the worst cause the little prima donna ponies don't like the bugs, or the sun. If its a hefty day, cold, nasty, lots of hay given to keep them warm, it could take more than an hour. I love my horses beyond belief, but there have been a few mornings over the years that I have mumbled to my self over and over, gotta hurry, gotta hurry, oh I hate this , this sucks...These times are when it is -10 degrees and with the windchil, -35. I kid you not.

I better stop as I don't want my thread shut down!
As much as I would love to keep my horse at home, all of the above stops me. Just spent a month doing morning feeding, watering, turnout and picking of 15 stalls to help our trainer out after she had surgery. Love getting up early and the fresh air. Especially love being alone with the horses in the morning. But it sure would be easier if they didn't eat so much..I have much appreciation for those who do it every day..never mind trying to take a vacation.....and take care of three little ones.....and still have a sense of humor....waiting for the rest of your report.........

ME 51 DD 27 DS 24 DD 22 DGS 8
Old 03-23-2006, 08:42 AM   #125
5boyz
DIS Veteran

$3600.

Kala,

Thankl you!! It worked!!! I was pressing "back" 50 gagillion times!!! LOL!!
Old 03-23-2006, 08:50 AM   #126
horsegirl
I feel blonder than a cocker spaniel!
I tell people I am 30-10-15 so they are super impressed
I got distracted by all the lovebugs on the pool bar

Location: running from the fruit stand and hiding all my nature pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmar067

Sooo, you can either accept the $500, or KEEP your briefcase...DEAL, or NO DEAL?"
Ah Ha Haaaaaaaaaaaaa! OMG that picture, too funny, Kimmar! I am a reality show buff, and used to love watching match game as a doe, (Remember when the big tv night would be sitting with the folks watching Monty, door number one, door number two Oooooooor Door number three- has anyone heard George Carlin do that skit ) so I guess I kinda like game shows too, but there is only so much tv a gal can watch without turning veg! But I will admit that I did turn this show on for a minute one night and the tv moderator in our house, uh, DJ, shut the deal or no deal thread i mean channel, down, I mean off. But now that you post that pic, I am kind of intrigued with this guy in a Yul Brynner kind of way. Kind a sexy he is. At first I was like-ooh Kimmar is showing me her sexy love doll, and then I figured out he's the host of the show DJ won't let me start watching. Not that he has any control over me what so ever, but he does influence me at times.

Girl, I wondered who would pick up the turtle back zoo reference. But I could be from New York...... and the boss, he da' man! I just love his stuff, always have and southside johnny too...... You know, "It ain't the meat, it's the motion that makes your Daddy wanna rock..."

I gotta get off, I am neglecting my child.

Need a Smile? Snowstorm pix of a beautiful snowy day [/SIZE]
A Day at the Punkin Patch-A Celebration of a New England Fall Day
A Week by the Lake- A trip report designed to soothe and calm the reader
How to Make $3600 on Your Disney Vacation...A Trip Report
Old 03-23-2006, 10:04 AM   #127
Thumper's Tara
DIS Veteran

Wow! So good so far...I can't wait to see how the extra $1600 turned up.

BTW, I would have done the same thing - 4 hours for $2000?? Sold! That is another trip to WDW baby!
Old 03-23-2006, 10:09 AM   #128
AshClan
I forgot to say SNAP!
We'll coordinate our Woo Hooties!
Yes, he is a mutant. But a cute one

Woo Hoo! Love me some Southside Johnny! Just downloaded the whole "I Don't Want to Go Home" album off of i-tunes. College memories!!!

So....do you ever make it to Disney?!?!
Old 03-23-2006, 10:20 AM   #129
Marla Hellwig
I am loved by the masses
Addicted to Mickey bars!!
They call it getting lost, I prefer the term "creative exploring"
Ready for the next cruise

Haven't quite figured out what horse poop has to do with the Walt Disney World trip report - except for that there are horses at WDW and they poop too

Just a friendly reminder that this is a trip report board and about Trip Reports to Walt Disney World

Thanks and I hope you are all having a great day!

Marla
Old 03-23-2006, 11:12 AM   #130
kimmar067

Quote:
...Girl, I wondered who would pick up the turtle back zoo reference. But I could be from New York...... and the boss, he da' man! I just love his stuff, always have and southside johnny too...... You know, "It ain't the meat, it's the motion that makes your Daddy wanna rock..."
Nah-uh....you GOTTA be from 'Joisey', cuz' NO ONE from NY would know 'bout the Turtleback Zoo on Eagle Rock Road......Oh yeah, Southside Johnny and the Asbury Jukes....
July 1992~off-site Dec 1999~CSR Feb 2001~DxL Nov 2001~Dolphin July 2002~CBR Aug 2002~WL Feb 2005~AKL/concierge Feb 2005~AKL Aug 2006~PoP C Aug 2006~AKL Dec 2007~DolphinJuly/Aug 2010~Mystic Dunes April 2013 ~ AKL"That's IT! The absolutely, positively VERY LAST Marino....." "We WEREN'T the 'Castle Family', We Didn't..." "The Trippie Who Hath..."
Old 03-23-2006, 11:14 AM   #131
kimmar067

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marla Hellwig
Haven't quite figured out what horse poop has to do with the Walt Disney World trip report - except for that there are horses at WDW and they poop too

Just a friendly reminder that this is a trip report board and about Trip Reports to Walt Disney World

Thanks and I hope you are all having a great day!

Marla

.... ...you just made me shoot Coca-Cola out my NOSE....
Old 03-23-2006, 12:55 PM   #132
Alysa
DIS Veteran

Great report! Thanks for sharing!
78 & 85: Offsite w. parents, 00: New Years Eve at Port Orleans & Anniversary at BWV, 01: Star Wars Weekend at POR & Christmas at GF & BWV, 04: Baby's first trip AKL, 05: Spring at BCV; 06: Big Family Trip, BCV & Vero-WL homeless trip, 08: Minnie Marathon with my sister, Big family Not so scary halloween party, 10: Star Wars Weekend boys trip & Vero/WL summer holiday, Big Family Christmas, 11: Star Wars weekend, Summer road trip, 13: Halloween without mum

Up next June 2015 Changing my Life
Old 03-23-2006, 01:47 PM   #133
MommyPoppins
Tangled with the TF in a moment of weakness
A new saying!
I'm telling you what...I'd pay goog money

Okay people stay on track here! We want her to be able to finish, right?

The Mods are gonna lock this up tight and throw away the keys!

Next installment please!
Old 03-23-2006, 02:00 PM   #134
mamaof2
Mouseketeer

How funny are you all!!!

You guys are all great!!! Great report by the way...Can't wait to hear more-

JERSEY, JERSEY,JERSEY!!! LOL

9/06: Land/Sea DCL and Coronado Springs
5/07: Coronado Springs
9/08: CBR
8/09: POR
Old 03-23-2006, 02:04 PM   #135
kimmar067

horsegirl ~

Still a-waitin'....as well as ALL YOUR ADORING FANS!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: