Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-21-2006, 01:37 PM   #76
horsegirl
I feel blonder than a cocker spaniel!
I tell people I am 30-10-15 so they are super impressed
I got distracted by all the lovebugs on the pool bar

Location: running from the fruit stand and hiding all my nature pictures

Part 3- 2/11/06-tell me if the minutia is boring......

So we're sitting at the airport with 45 minutes until blast off. DJ and I get huge lattes-trying in vain to keep up with the kids' adrenalin. I watch the other kiddies in the gate area. Why are they all sitting down reading a book and just mellowing at their mama's breast? Our 3 look like Mike Myers on Saturday night live when he was the tethered little boy eating a chocolate bar with Nicole Kidman. Some of you must know that skit. He's got the leash that parents use with those little ones who tend to roam. Only problem is mother hooked him to the jungle gym and little mikey has so much energy he pulls it down the block. Maybe I am imagining this but everyone else's kids seem so well, tame. There is even a little toddler just contentedly sitting on a chair. No bribes, no restraints, just sitting like a 50 year old. How do people get these kids to do this? Mine have knocked over the ropey things designed to properly queue. You know, the metal posts with the big ropey things that kids love to swing on, and my dear princess keeps running and nearly knocking into people. I try to contain them, I really do. I am not obliviously reading the Times or anything, it's just they are excited.

So I do what always works, pull out the goodies. This keeps there attention for 2 minutes and I think back to our last disney trip 2 years ago when I went a few days early with our 2 oldest and dh and little Jack joined us later.

That trip Sky and Carson and I boarded with blueberry fruit bars in hand. Never do that, never- hand prints all over the ramp walls and plane door that matched only my kids' handprints. And all over their faces. Kidless parents look disgusted.......blueberry on the face is pretty gross, I must say. Anyway we get all strapped in, and wait. I was a less experienced parent then and boarded the minute they allowed parents with younguns to board. Mistake, that was 40 minutes to liftoff. Anyway we finally head toward the runway and turn around. We sit there for hmmm, I think it was an hour and they bring on technicians. We are there for another few hours and finally 5 hours later take off. This was not long after 9/11 and I seriously contemplated getting off and taking another flight. Wait a minute, I did do that. I remember now because the plane wasn't working or something. SO we were rerouted on another airline, but got to MCO like 6 hours after the original arrival time and missed our rendevous with Grammy J (DJ's mom) who is a worry wart and didn't get my message before she flew out that we were delayed.

So for the seconds it takes to play that whole scenario in my mind, as the kids are sitting eating and DJ is working on details like plane side stroller check in, I wonder if something like that could happen this morning. Not a chance, I think, and nervously sit there, my leg probably the only clue to anyone who knows me that I am stressing, cause it is moving back and forth a mile a minute.

The boarding call begins and we watch our fellow crewmembers all board. At the last final second we hop on, and within maybe 10 -15 minutes were are in the air. SUCCESS!!!!! The seating is good, and the kids are finally allowed to break into their backpacks, which really are more like Christmas stockings, as they are stuffed to the brim with new bobbles and fandoogles. There are wrappers and crumbs all over the aisle and at their feet.

The DKs were wonderful on this leg, and for some reason the stewardess whose name was aloha or zuzu or something unique kept throwing bottled water and granola bars at us. I felt like when we go to the movies and I hide the store bought candy bars and drinks in my coat and my pockets are real heavy. Okay, I admit it. I smuggle cheap food into movie theaters. I can't help myself. The only real excuse I can come up with is that I am cheap. Not about some things but about this thing.

I am always in search of the most compact and perfect little goodies to entertain them on long trips. This year's prize were little mini digital cameras that are on keychains. Have you seen them? Gleaming white for Carson like his Daddy's apple laptop, aquamarine for baby Jack who is happy with whatever color and pink for my part princess part prince girl who happens to like all things pink. I couldn't wait to give these to the kids. What a great thing to have for their trip. Fabulous shots from their perspective of cut off heads, your midsection, characters from 3 feet high, the ground, more of the ground, you know those don't you? I had visions of DJ and I downloading them each night and chuckling as the angels slept dreaming of sugarplums. Oh wait that's another story. It took 20 minutes to open each package, but mom and dad were not the one's who figured out how to do it. No scissors allowed in the air, and you all know those impenetrable plastic packages that some security genius came up with in a brainstorming teambuilding session. I cut my finger on one and Jack starts writhing and screaming because he can't wait for it to be open. We still couldn't open them, and finally we just give it to Jack. ANd what do you know, he got his opened eventually. Light bulb!!!!. Let him open his brother's and sister's too. That should be good for a while. This worked and finally after about an hour our three kids had their cameras. It took a while to get them to work, why didn't we preassemble these doggone things like we do christmas eve? DJ is a huge techno geek, not to be confused with a spectro geek (I cannot digress more on them, but feel the need to later!) and he got all the cameras going. Snap, snip, snop. 70 pix on each camera done in a millisecond, I kid you not and we can't download them, as the cords on each of them had the wrong type of fitting. OMG, all that mommy hype and euphoria in finding, hiding and presenting these little beauties to my cuties and after 1.5 hours of tugging, prying and fixing it is done in a matter of minutes. Talk about a mini let down!!! This caused Jack further frustration, because now he can't use the thing- and it turned out we never used them again. I also found great little flashlights on keychains for the kids and aloha zuzu runs over and says we can't use flashlights on board. Great- another gadget snafu and who can blame Jack for being frustrated. My obsessive guilt ridden mind gives itself several wacks for not better preparing and researching the activities portion of the trip. Poor DJ, I made this leg so complicated.......

I have to stop, the bus is here and peter pan (Carson) and snow white (sky) are home. Ta ta all you people.

Part 4- GO TO PAGE 7, post 102

Need a Smile? Snowstorm pix of a beautiful snowy day [/SIZE]
A Day at the Punkin Patch-A Celebration of a New England Fall Day
A Week by the Lake- A trip report designed to soothe and calm the reader
How to Make $3600 on Your Disney Vacation...A Trip Report

Last edited by horsegirl; 04-01-2006 at 07:39 AM. Reason: cuz I was rereading and realizing I sounded fresh, and removed something
Old 03-21-2006, 01:38 PM   #77
hfrink13
Mouseketeer

i'm hooked too, can't wait to hear the rest.

2005-off site-Orange Lake Resorts
5/28-6/3/2006-WL

- Chef Mickey's May 2005
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-21-2006, 01:44 PM   #78
bigsis1970
Eating and Drinking our way around the Food & Wine Festival Sept 26 - Oct 4 2014. Loves being Hunny to the Hubs. On the way to losing 1/3 of myself.

Yippe they are getting closer to the magic !!!! Michelle

Our family: Me - Michelle & DH - The Hubs DD -Princess B DS - Buddy Welcome home Hunny 11/26/13

8D/9D for the Food & Wine 9/26-10/4 2014! OMG I went 3 Times in 2012 !!
Trip #1 With DD 4/7-4/14 2012!! Trip #2 With Work 4/29 - 5/2 2012!! Trip #3 Just Me and the Hubs! Hubs 1st Trip 5/2 -5/7 2012 !!
Homeowners = Aug 18, 2011
R.I.P ( Race In Peace)Uncle Bub 06/05/2010 /Bandit RIP 4/1/1997 - 10/2/2013 / Copper RIP 2/1/2001 -9/23/2011/XO miss you all
Old 03-21-2006, 02:03 PM   #79
antree
DIS Veteran

Can't wait to hear more!
Old 03-21-2006, 02:21 PM   #80
momrek06
The first person to reply on any thread needs to quote the OPShell Smuggler!
BEE FRAGMENTS??? I do NOT eat bees!!

This is GREATTTTTTT!!!

This is turning into a MINI-SERIES!!!!

I can hardly wait for the next episode or in this case the next JOURNAL ENTRY!!!!!!!!

You go HORSEGIRL!!!

KAR

Old 03-21-2006, 02:29 PM   #81
princesslibby
DIS Veteran

More! Please.
libby
Old 03-21-2006, 02:53 PM   #82
irish dancer
DIS Veteran

Just subscribing, heading out the door to class and don't want to miss anything.

Love it, keep it coming.
Old 03-21-2006, 03:00 PM   #83
Tink's little fan
Earning My Ears

more, more, I need more of this TR!
Old 03-21-2006, 03:05 PM   #84
Avivasmom
DIS Veteran

You definitely have a way with words. Waiting anxiously to read more!
Offsite (3 times), CBR Dec 2004, POR May 2005, AKL Nov 2005, CSR May 2006,POFQ June 2006,POFQ Nov 2006, BWV July/Aug 2007, BCV Nov 2007, POFQ Jan 2008, June 2008 SSR, AKV Aug 2008, SSR Oct 2008, SSR 2009
Aug 2010 BCV/BWV, Dec 2010 BCV/POFQ SEPT 2011 POFQ

Upcoming:
Hoping either BCV or BWV March 2011
Old 03-21-2006, 06:40 PM   #85
chatterbox2525
Earning My Ears

Cant wait to hear more.
Old 03-21-2006, 08:28 PM   #86
Kimmielee
The first person to reply on any thread needs to quote the OP. That way when someone does the delete of nevermind edit we know what was thereUncle Larry can do anything!

Did I miss it? In the second installment it's promised in #3... yet, nothing?

Did I miss it? No... tell me NO!!!! Oh my GOSH I must get a life....

Great trip report so far.... I'll be working on mine while there and thinking back to the best of the best... this is at the top of best list!!! Great job!!

Old 03-21-2006, 08:45 PM   #87
kimkarli
DIS Veteran

Please keep it coming!!!!!!
Old 03-21-2006, 08:46 PM   #88
horsegirl
I feel blonder than a cocker spaniel!
I tell people I am 30-10-15 so they are super impressed
I got distracted by all the lovebugs on the pool bar

Location: running from the fruit stand and hiding all my nature pictures

Part 3- page 6, no I didn't get to the reveal yet....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimmielee
Did I miss it? In the second installment it's promised in #3... yet, nothing?

Did I miss it? No... tell me NO!!!! Oh my GOSH I must get a life....

Great trip report so far.... I'll be working on mine while there and thinking back to the best of the best... this is at the top of best list!!! Great job!!
Hi Kimmielee How nice of you to be so sweet! I have to say I have no idea what I am doing here! When I joined these boards, I hung out on the budget board for a long time, right through xmas, and then as our trip got closer moved to theme parks and transportation. RIght before I left I found the trip report board. How embarrassing to admit how clueless I am! I had a rough month this past month and just didn't go online at all, and then poof out of the blue, I felt like writing the beginning of the trip. Yesterday, I was shocked by so many responses and I couldn't keep up with all the replies. So to make a long story short, I don't know the trip report etiquette or how to alert to when a new installment comes in. I also don't know how to post pix. So I will try to figure things out. I am long winded which I did not know as I have never, ever written anything before, so I haven't gotten to the part of the tale I think you are interested in. Now I am afraid you will all leave me when you know the anticlimatic ending to the teaser!

Need a Smile? Snowstorm pix of a beautiful snowy day [/SIZE]
A Day at the Punkin Patch-A Celebration of a New England Fall Day
A Week by the Lake- A trip report designed to soothe and calm the reader
How to Make $3600 on Your Disney Vacation...A Trip Report

Last edited by horsegirl; 04-01-2006 at 07:41 AM. Reason: I really am clueless
Old 03-21-2006, 09:01 PM   #89
Kimmielee
The first person to reply on any thread needs to quote the OP. That way when someone does the delete of nevermind edit we know what was thereUncle Larry can do anything!

I'm not going anywhere!

You are doing a great job - don't second guess yourself! You have a whole bunch of us hooked - and it's NOT about the money... it's your wonderful way of telling your story!

I don't know how to post pics or links... and look at how many posts I've made... We'll call ourselves "DIS challenged"!!!

Keep up the good work!

Old 03-21-2006, 09:29 PM   #90
mickeymousemom
Missing: Three tags last seen in this space. Large reward for any info leading to their return.

Location: An hour north of the Greatest Spectacle in Racing and 90 minutes south of legendary NOTRE DAME...Go Irish!

I love your reports, keep 'em coming!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: