Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-23-2006, 10:23 PM   #751
mmmcq

DIS Veteran

Oh no, Simba22 - I am so depressed.......when my sister and I were 40 years younger, my parents would put us in the station wagon and drive from Boston to Florida (including WDW) and we would always stop at South of the Border. Those were some of the best memories of my childhood. But that was back when 95 was a 4 lane divided highway with stop lights every 1/2 mile. The SOB signs were the only thing that kept us from going crazy on that 3 day ride to FL.

South of the Border had heated pools which we could swim in at night and a gift shop that was so exotic to a child. I used to get the bubblegum shaped like oranges.

It was a tourist trap back then....but we were tourists. I had actually tried to get my husband to drive to WDW this coming November because I wanted to take my kids to South of the Border. Thank goodness we found cheap airfare.
OKW Thanksgiving 2008 Hilton Head 4/07 OKW and BC Thanksgiving 2006 Pop Century & BWV 4/04 BCV 7/03 Yacht Club/Vero Beach 8/02 BWV 4/00 West Gate Lakes 4/99 Caribbean Beach 2/96 West Gate Lakes 10/93 15+ visits 1974-80 as FL resident
Old 08-24-2006, 04:34 AM   #752
aGoofyMom
DIS Veteran

Figures. By the time I get caught up you are already back with the mouse again. Lovin' the pics - you have an adorable family! I am with you on the food chain, but don't know if I can handle looking at real live fruit bats. The first time I visited DH's mother's house, we watched on of the Indiana Jones movies - where she was hanging up laundry, then it was a fruit bat...I jumped so bad I threw my coffee, staining the couch.
(I might have to stick with the version I bought at a craft show - wooden apple brightly painted with wings...)

Anyways have a great trip!!!

[/url]
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-25-2006, 02:22 PM   #753
kimmar067
We have squash and zucchini coming outta the wazoo
I just shot coffee through my NOSE!!

Hey 'horsey-girl' ( and fellow NJ'er-at-heart):

Here is a link to my 1st installment of my Trip Report in case you were interested:

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...7#post14201597

Happy reading.... !!

Edit:
('Day 2' and 'Day 3' were recently added..... )
July 1992~off-site Dec 1999~CSR Feb 2001~DxL Nov 2001~Dolphin July 2002~CBR Aug 2002~WL Feb 2005~AKL/concierge Feb 2005~AKL Aug 2006~PoP C Aug 2006~AKL Dec 2007~DolphinJuly/Aug 2010~Mystic Dunes April 2013 ~ AKL"That's IT! The absolutely, positively VERY LAST Marino....." "We WEREN'T the 'Castle Family', We Didn't..." "The Trippie Who Hath...""Am I Up to the Challenge..."
I've been BOO'ED!!!

Last edited by kimmar067; 08-30-2006 at 11:48 AM.
Old 08-25-2006, 03:10 PM   #754
1000thhappyhaunt
Maelstromer

Hi Pony!

Loved the last three parts.

I'm touched... and honoured... that you looked for me. At the Haunted Mansion.

Thanks!

So... your three were not HUGE fans, eh? Like two of my own.

There is no accounting for taste. With youngsters nowadays!

Guess what?

Santa forgot to bring the Viking costume I asked for for Christmas, too.

Curses!

Love the pictures. They are breathtaking. In their beauty.

No.

Not the pictures.

Your children.

Love ya, HorseponywhereareyouRIGHTNOW?

Cheers, Mel.

Last edited by 1000thhappyhaunt; 08-25-2006 at 03:11 PM. Reason: I heard tell that you called Grammy from Mission Sinise. To get her to tell Me(l)! THANKS! I'm jealous.
Old 08-26-2006, 02:49 PM   #755
Mara
Temperamental Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsegirl
Can I just say I am in love with the King?
That man is a god, truly; magnificent, powerful but possessing a sensitive aura, and that voice! Oh, I wuvs him so. He is a real man, gals, d’accord? This is a show of shows, a spectacular, spectacular. Do not miss this uplifting and joyous show. Can you tell I liked this just a little bit?
lol, I agree. The king has an *awesome* voice! I love his headdress. IT's so big and shiny and, well, ...cool.
The Festival of the Lion King is probably my most favorite show in Disney.
Reflecting my heart showing who I am
Now you're asking me to show
What I'm holding oh so tightly...

Surrender, surrender you whisper gently
You say I will be free
I know but can't you see?
My dreams are me.

Old 08-26-2006, 03:09 PM   #756
bab31
DIS Veteran

subscribing
Old 08-26-2006, 03:30 PM   #757
mickyzzzzz05
DIS Veteran

There are wonderful trip reports posted on this site and this one is among the best of the best! I love the pictures with the report - it adds so much. Thank you for an entertaining account of your trip!
Old 08-26-2006, 08:29 PM   #758
sbpuckett
Imagineer Wannabe

Glad you're back... I'm trying to patiently wait for each part...
Old 08-27-2006, 10:00 PM   #759
Grammyof2
Best Woo Hootier that ever woo hootied
Prom Queen
I am MENSA

Location: Heading to midlife wearing my Levi's and flip flops

Hurry back so you can finish, start another, and go again

Last edited by Grammyof2; 08-27-2006 at 10:01 PM. Reason: Enjoy the world
Old 08-29-2006, 09:12 PM   #760
UtahMama
Wakey, wakey, Eggs and Bakey

Diet Cherry PEPSI Queen
I speak toddler
What in the Sam Hill is going on around here?

Horsegirl!!! (I forgot the "r" and called you "hosegirl" heh-heh!!! Wups!)

I am so glad yer back!!!

Dont leave out a single detail!!! But finish up here! First?

Cant Wait!!!

Love,
UtahMama

Last edited by UtahMama; 08-29-2006 at 09:13 PM. Reason: We dont skinny dip....We chunky dunk!
Old 08-30-2006, 12:38 PM   #761
horsegirl
I feel blonder than a cocker spaniel!
I tell people I am 30-10-15 so they are super impressed
I got distracted by all the lovebugs on the pool bar

Location: running from the fruit stand and hiding all my nature pictures

Darling People! I did finish this trippie on the plane down, but did not log on once during our fabulous trip cuz, well, we were otherwise preoccupied! It is on the laptop waiting for a quick edit, only problem is that DJ has the laptop. So if he emails me the text, I will post some concluding chaps this afternoon.

Need a Smile? Snowstorm pix of a beautiful snowy day [/SIZE]
A Day at the Punkin Patch-A Celebration of a New England Fall Day
A Week by the Lake- A trip report designed to soothe and calm the reader
How to Make $3600 on Your Disney Vacation...A Trip Report

Last edited by horsegirl; 08-30-2006 at 12:54 PM. Reason: the end is near....
Old 08-30-2006, 12:51 PM   #762
kimmar067

Horsey ~
PM your way.....
July 1992~off-site Dec 1999~CSR Feb 2001~DxL Nov 2001~Dolphin July 2002~CBR Aug 2002~WL Feb 2005~AKL/concierge Feb 2005~AKL Aug 2006~PoP C Aug 2006~AKL Dec 2007~DolphinJuly/Aug 2010~Mystic Dunes April 2013 ~ AKL"That's IT! The absolutely, positively VERY LAST Marino....." "We WEREN'T the 'Castle Family', We Didn't..." "The Trippie Who Hath...""Am I Up to the Challenge..."
I've been BOO'ED!!!
Old 08-30-2006, 07:29 PM   #763
AshClan
I forgot to say SNAP!
We'll coordinate our Woo Hooties!
Yes, he is a mutant. But a cute one

Horseybabysweetiepie,

I have been remiss. I knew you had posted more installments before you left, but somehow never made it over here til tonight. Anyway, wonderful, wonderful. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the pictures. The kids are beautiful, you look lovely (love the hat), and HOW did I not KNOW how absolutely hot DJ is?????? He is a cutie of the highest magnitude! And you can tell him I said so!

And, of course, I can't NOT mention AK, and EE. You are my EE buddy. I will always think of you, forever, when I ride it. AND, btw, btw, btw (!) the FIRST time I ride it, you will be holding my hand while I scream! LUCKY ME!!!!! I can't wait, baby!

Thanks for working so hard to finish this up. I will not pressure you on this trip just ended. I know you will be busy with the kids starting school, and your work, and, of course, getting ready for your NEXT trip in 30 DAYS!!!! But if you are so inclined, we would really love to get all the scoop from this most recent fabu trip, too. Your musings are a true joy. To all of us. (Yes, I feel comfortable speaking for the masses.)

Last edited by AshClan; 08-30-2006 at 07:30 PM. Reason: Love you! Really, really
Old 08-30-2006, 10:36 PM   #764
horsegirl
I feel blonder than a cocker spaniel!
I tell people I am 30-10-15 so they are super impressed
I got distracted by all the lovebugs on the pool bar

Location: running from the fruit stand and hiding all my nature pictures

Ashclan, you my friend are beyond sweet. Thanks sister from Beantown and fellow mother.

Kimmar- great to see you again and I will mosey on over to read your tale.

UtahMama- You can call me a hoser. I never knew what it meant....

Grammyof2-You the original spice girl, and faithful friend, thanks for dropping in.

sbpuckett- patience is a virture, thank you sincerely....

mickeyzzzzz05-gosh, thanks for the compliment.

bab31-thanks for the pm, good luck!

happyhaunt-I looked again, this time with the kids. Show yourself ghostie....Thanks for the sweetness about my beautiful kids, which I had nothing to do with so I can say it! Chin up, looks like there were rough seas in your neighhhhhhhhhhborhood today. Stay tough comrade, we have been through these Maelstroms before, you and I. Here. On these boards.

mara-Thanks for stopping by. Long live the king.

agoofymom-fellow foodchainphobe. I am with you on bats in general, but these fruit bats charmed me, for some reason. There is no method to my madness. None.

mmmcq- I was in the station wagon next to you at SOB! It was exotic and ever so kitsch! I loved it then. Haven't had to drive to the sunshine state since college....phew!

Haleyb- We are borg woman, in so many ways. Who is slower finishing? You or me? Oh wait, that is a no brainer. Keep cracking and thanks for reading!

Simba-Glad you got a chuckle, girl. You gave me one too.

Dreamer and WIsher- I have to bribe Sky to wear shorts. I love her in dresses, but she doesn't have the modesty thing quite mastered and is quite the tomboy, funny how kids develop their own preferences so early.....thanks for taking the time to stop by.

Sheridac-Hello Mama! Thanks for checking in.

Pigglet74-Sorry to make you wait. I did finish, but just did not want to take the time to post while at Diz, which is when I would have had to do that, as I got the final chapters drafted on the way down....thanks for your posts, all of them.

BeccaG-I don't know how or where you hooked up, but glad you did and welcome.

Need a Smile? Snowstorm pix of a beautiful snowy day [/SIZE]
A Day at the Punkin Patch-A Celebration of a New England Fall Day
A Week by the Lake- A trip report designed to soothe and calm the reader
How to Make $3600 on Your Disney Vacation...A Trip Report

Last edited by horsegirl; 08-30-2006 at 10:47 PM. Reason: my draft is finally being edited. reason for delay. spent the evening catching a flying squirrel in the house. this is a true, real excuse. an excuse yes, but a real one!
Old 08-30-2006, 10:40 PM   #765
kimmar067

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshClan
And, of course, I can't NOT mention AK, and EE. You are my EE buddy. I will always think of you, forever, when I ride it. AND, btw, btw, btw (!) the FIRST time I ride it, you will be holding my hand while I scream! LUCKY ME!!!!! I can't wait, baby!...

...thanks to 'senorita de caballo', I knew what to expect the first time I rode EE....I was not disappointed.... !!
I've been BOO'ED!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: