Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-24-2006, 12:09 PM   #151
malibuconlee
OOH - I think I've finally figured out the multi-quote feature!
Don't forget to get your drink of water from the "Fountain of Youth!!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by EEyorelover22
You must live in West Des Moines then where the $$ is.

Love your trip report!! It's given me something to read on this cold spring break when the entire family has had the flu

I want to hear about EE too! I have to convince DD12 to go on it in June!
The first project DH worked on after college was the WDM 9th grade school!! Small world.

I'm loving the trip report. Can't wait for more!!

Old 03-24-2006, 12:29 PM   #152
kam24
Mouseketeer

Love reading your report. Waiting for more

: : 6 3
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-24-2006, 01:04 PM   #153
MOMOFMNM
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EEyorelover22
You must live in West Des Moines then where the $$ is.

Love your trip report!! It's given me something to read on this cold spring break when the entire family has had the flu

I want to hear about EE too! I have to convince DD12 to go on it in June!

yeah close...Johnston...but I live there too and I grew up there so I should stop now before I condemn myself!!

whoops...sorry to get OT!!
Old 03-24-2006, 01:24 PM   #154
5boyz
DIS Veteran

$3600.

MOMOFMNM....that's a cute name!!! Mine would be MOMOFJBSPJN LOL!!! No flow to it!!!

btw anyone.....what is EE?
Old 03-24-2006, 01:37 PM   #155
SoNotAPrincess
Disney Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5boyz
MOMOFMNM....that's a cute name!!! Mine would be MOMOFJBSPJN LOL!!! No flow to it!!!

btw anyone.....what is EE?

EE is Expedition Everest, the newest bestest rolliest coaster at WDW, in AK.
Old 03-24-2006, 01:42 PM   #156
pumba
DIS PUMBARIZER
I have a smile on my face a mile wide
Let’s just say that Mr. Feeney came out “well done”

DISboards Moderator

From what others have posted it is a very easy going roller coaster and not jerky at all. No loops or upside down stuff. May do it in a few weeks ...have not decided yet.

Old 03-24-2006, 01:46 PM   #157
Polyfor30th
My cousin was detained by dhs once for refusing to give up her block of cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsegirl
Now that would have been one trip to write a dining plan for-Commander's Palace for one.
Wonderful dining experience, Commander's Palace--had a few Jazz Brunches there myself...just wanted to say thanks for the great reporting
It's down to 60 days for us, so reading the trip reports just ramps us up even more than we already are

Old 03-24-2006, 02:39 PM   #158
horsegirl
I feel blonder than a cocker spaniel!
I tell people I am 30-10-15 so they are super impressed
I got distracted by all the lovebugs on the pool bar

Location: running from the fruit stand and hiding all my nature pictures

Part 6-conclusion

Went to all four parks, ate, slept, made 1600, flew home.

Thanks for reading

Need a Smile? Snowstorm pix of a beautiful snowy day [/SIZE]
A Day at the Punkin Patch-A Celebration of a New England Fall Day
A Week by the Lake- A trip report designed to soothe and calm the reader
How to Make $3600 on Your Disney Vacation...A Trip Report
Old 03-24-2006, 02:42 PM   #159
horsegirl

Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah. Just checking in, to say I am playing baseball with the babies in the yard full of brown grass and dog poop from the winter. I am getting sick of cleaning poo off the shoes. Oh my life is glamourous. I will be back to keep up, I'm too fiesty to stop now.

Old 03-24-2006, 02:59 PM   #160
5boyz
DIS Veteran

Thank you sonotaprincess and pumba!!!! My son probably knew that, never thought to ask the kids!! LOL!~!
Old 03-24-2006, 04:52 PM   #161
frannn
please stop the madnesssss already & tag me
From the TF...someone pls call 911 for Frann, she held her breath until I tagged her and she apparently turned blue and fell down. :)

Just want to say thanks!

Not only for writing a step by step, almost-like-I'm-living-it-with-ya report, but also for referencing where to pick up each new installment! I always forget where I left off on previous reports, but yours has a map! Excellent!
Old 03-24-2006, 05:28 PM   #162
SoNotAPrincess
Disney Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumba
From what others have posted it is a very easy going roller coaster and not jerky at all. No loops or upside down stuff. May do it in a few weeks ...have not decided yet.

Running the risk of cluttering horsegirl's thread with an OT post...my experience with EE was at the AP sneak peak, and I am a coaster chicken. EE is smooth and thrilling, but not overly scary. I rode it five times and can't wait to ride it again next time.

Comparing it to WDW's other family thrill rides, I'd put it between ToT and RnR, with RnR being, IMO, the "scariest" WDW coaster.
Old 03-24-2006, 08:04 PM   #163
disgram
DIS Veteran

Sorry everyone but I will never go anywhere again when the cheerleaders are supposed to be there!! I have never seen so many rude and inconsiderate young people in my many years!!!! I raised my kids and while they were not angels by any means, we taught them to be respectful of others. My granddaughter was run over, literly by a group of these young people while going up the ramp to the monorail at the MK. She had scrapped knees and a bloody nose. She was six years old and small for her age. They came out of nowhere and were racing one another. We were trying to pick her up and more of them came running. A couple of the young ladies did stop and asked if they could help. They were very caring. So I guess not all of them are rude and uncaring but to be on the safe side,,,,no more when they are there!!! I have only one question though, are these groups supposed to be chaproned?? We did not see any with the "wild ones". I do understand that kids will be kids but where were the adults???
Old 03-24-2006, 08:22 PM   #164
pumba
DIS PUMBARIZER
I have a smile on my face a mile wide
Let’s just say that Mr. Feeney came out “well done”

DISboards Moderator

about the cheerleaders. We have been there at different times of the year and there are ALWAYS cheerleaders running around lose. Some are rude and most of them are really good. HONEST. We stayed at the same hotel when they were at Port Orleans French Quarter and they were really super. We would talk with some when they would be going to the parks or waiting in lines.
I am one that does like RnR coaster but big drops like Splash Mt makes me scared to death
thanks everyone for their insight and the trip report

Old 03-24-2006, 08:55 PM   #165
horsegirl

The Real Part 6-2/11/06- Day One

Cats have nine lives, so they say. So do I. I sit in that crowded CBR smoking room with DJ, amidst what looks like the aftermath of a twister, you know in comes the storm and fling flangidy ding dang the place is trashed? This is one of them. What number life is it? I don’t know yet, maybe I’ll be able to tell you when we’re through with this report. I haven’t figured that out. After my initial frustration when I returned to a roomful of bouncin' bumpkins and chaos, I chill, because its all good. And besides, the poor exhausted little darlings fell asleep pretty quick. Sky was still holding a pop tart, brown sugar cinnamon, my personal favorite and the boys looked so sweet and we avoided any real catastrophes, didn't have one meltdown, people told us our kids were good and we actually got to WDW 24 hours ahead of schedule and even earned some pesos like any respectable travel writer should. Oh and Kimmar, there wasn’t deal or no deal, although I am glad you thought so because that post with that guy was hysterical. But they were always offering the $2000 to us, only DJ misunderstood that at first. It was $500 per person. So remember that folks, hold out for the big one as someone else said hold out, $100 per person would be chicken feed.

CBR for 5, not much better than the values. There were 2 queens and this little bench. It could not possibly be the place for a 5th person that I read about somewhere, mousesavers, maybe. Well, you cold put an infant there, if you don’t mind waking up to a clunk when the poor creature falls straight to the floor in the middle of the night. So we were squished, and we always have to segregate little stitch from his sibs so he slept with DJ. Good deal for them as they had plenty of room, and both snored. Bad deal for me, as sky, Carson and I were jammed into the other bed, and I couldn’t move and Carson kept kicking at me, and pulling off the sheet. Now it is important that you know that I have seen the 20/20 germ reports of hotel rooms, and let me tell you, body fluid all over the place at every Plaza, Ritz and right down to a motel six. On the walls, (use your imagination), the carpets, the fixtures, and eeegads, the bed linens. See they don’t change the blankets and bedspreads between guests just the sheets. So I run in and strip those and wash my hands the minute I enter the room, go blast the heat as now we have no blankies to be warm, and run to wash and PURELL my hands them fast. The kids and DJ know not to touch the beds until mommy says! So do this folks, if you don’t want to have germ nightmares as you sleep or maybe come home with a stowaway friend or two, or million. Remember those high school sex ed classes with the big posters of the hideous critters magnified 8 gazillion times or those night lens shots on survivor while the people are sleeping and the snakes and other night friends are slithering all over them?

Back to the nine lives thing, so DJ and I sit quietly after being up for more than 40 hours and talk about the next day. I am so excited to share this with my hubby and my kiddos. I was a very lucky little girl who got to go to Diz in either ’69 or 70’ with my folks. They were, and are still great adventurers and that year we were down staying in Sanibel at my grandfathers wonderful little hotel on Gulf Drive. My folks took us out of school every year for a lot of weeks and we shelled, went to Bonita Springs, waiki watchi (sp), that croc place, the Shell factory. Tons of great places in Florida, after of course the great car rides down, where we stopped at South of the Border. Is it still there? All those signs, “Pedro says Chili today hot tamale”. 69 or 70? I know many of you are going fabricator, Diz wasn’t opened then. Yes it was. They had a trailer in the middle of nowhere with a model of the Magic Kingdom and I think both the CR and Poly. They showed a movie and I still remember Walt’s face and even though I was just a little kid, it got me jazzed. It was either the next year or the one after that that we stayed at the CR. I still remember being amazed at the monorail in the hotel and the giant mural and seeing the castle from the restaurant upstairs. I remember riding dumbo, and it’s a small world and being absolutely captivated. That was one of my lives. Growing up in Jersey, taking the train or flying or going on road trips to Florida and all over the Eastern Seaboard, and having some very wonderful family times.

So one of my lives is now. I am wife, mother, therapist, and caretaker of many rescued animals that weren't cherished before they found me- and one of the moments in this current life is being here at the Diz with my family. Sharing time together, having thrills and getting away from the stress and sometimes monotony, of every day life. This life right now is pretty much how I hoped it would be when I was a little girl. Parenting has been a little harder than I anticipated it would be, Okay, alot tougher, and I’ll tell you why about that too one time. I don’t drive the mom mobile I thought suited my personality but I am okay with a minivan and we have a cute lil’ old 85 mustang convertible in our barn that DJ gets to sport on the nice days of spring and summer, but it doesn’t fit three teeny tinys in the back. I am a few pounds heavier than I was pre-child, about as many more as Momofmnm has lost. I don’t get to travel as much as I did in my 20s and 30s, which were truly exciting times for me. My work is really stressful and I feel a little claustrophobic right at this point in my life, like a lot of parents might feel when they have lots of little guys all bunched up together in age who have lots of needs. And, oh, I wear jogging suits to shop at Walmart. This is one I never expected, really I was an Ann Taylor girl, and gap. I am just not thrilled with this part of the transformation. And my hipsters don't say M'assaslama, though they should too, MommyP, because it would just be too scary to see words on my backside these days. But I am content and I don’t feel like there is anything out there I could do that will meet my needs more than being squashed into this smokey smelly room with not enough beds, with my peeps.

And I want you all to know that the Cheerleaders were wonderfully behaved that next morning. Okay they were all asleep, but really they were fun to watch at the parks and I was glad looking back that I even met the overexcited ones who had been carried away with the running and the water. After all, it was only a few of them. And they brought me back when my brain wasn’t so full of worries and stresses that having lots of responsibilities brings on. And I am pretty sure I would prefer the Cheerleaders over the Popwarners. Please no dissing the pops cause I am only having fun and really want this to be postive!

I do not want any one of you to think for a minute that I am the luckiest girl alive. I am not. I have had a bucket full of heartache and tough times, like probably most of you. No one escapes it. But for now in the words of, who was it? Loretta Lynne? “I’m the a happiest girl in the whole usa……..”

Sweet Dreams, Babies...................................

Last edited by horsegirl; 04-01-2006 at 08:49 AM. Reason: cuz i am rereading to begin trying to write again

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: