Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-23-2006, 03:18 PM   #136
horsegirl
I feel blonder than a cocker spaniel!
I tell people I am 30-10-15 so they are super impressed
I got distracted by all the lovebugs on the pool bar

Location: running from the fruit stand and hiding all my nature pictures

Please hang on Comrades!

Hey all, I just came in from the barn to be at peace with my critters and my kids who were jumping off into the hay. I will try to write tonight. This has been an off day on the boards so it seems, and now I figured out what happened to zzub and I never even really got to start his report, which I was saving to read all at once. So I'm having writers block and feeling just a little blue. I want to make sure I do justice to part 5- First Class and The Mouse- Touchdown....

Need a Smile? Snowstorm pix of a beautiful snowy day [/SIZE]
A Day at the Punkin Patch-A Celebration of a New England Fall Day
A Week by the Lake- A trip report designed to soothe and calm the reader
How to Make $3600 on Your Disney Vacation...A Trip Report
Old 03-23-2006, 10:11 PM   #137
pigletof4
We had lawn jarts as kids. I'm surprised we are still alive

subscribing.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-23-2006, 10:49 PM   #138
horsegirl

part 5-2/11/06

So we're tickled that 24 hours earlier, Delta changed our flight free of charge and overbooked a leg in doing so and then gives us $2000 to get us off said leg. And most importantly now Boston is closed. Man, we scored.

THE WAIT
Off to the airport playground. Cinciannati has more than just one cheesy little tykes log cabin in the middle of the seating area. The have a whole big section far away from any gate (are little kids that loud that they need to be quarantined? I mean, come on all you cin folks, am I right here? There is nothing around that place except lots of candy and soda machines. Oh that's helpful. Tempt the kids with more sugar for the plane trip, or cause the parents to endure the tantrum when little stevie asks for the 1000th time and hears no and finally breaks down into a blubbering and screaming basketcase. Anyway, the playground here had 3 cheesy little tykes apparatus and one was a tugboat that somehow my kids got in and began moving all around the area knocking over unsuspecting victims. It wasn't so bad and they had fun and I was relaxed until I saw a little boy put his water bottle down and one of mine began reaching for it. Ahhhhh, no germy, no, stay away from my kids. I dive bomb over there screeching and startle all the children, and luckily stopped contact from occuring.

The kids were thrilled to eat in a 'fancy restaurant'. Our vouchers covered the entire bill and this was pretty much the only time the kids got to pick anything they wanted from the menu. Ok not completely because they only pick nuggets, hot dogs, grilled cheese or pbj, so letting them pick off the menu did occur a few more times. See this was our version of the free dining plan. So you won't be getting a dining report. When you are paying out of pocket for meals at Disney, what you actually eat is not something you would ever publicly reveal, especially to thousands of disney dining officianados.

The 4 hours went by pretty quickly except for one brief time when I was collapsed on th floor in front of the windows of an empty waiting area. I am grateful it was off the beaten path, as I think I looked pretty pathetic. I just hit a wall at around 2, DJ held up a little better for some reason. But all was good. We found a place where there were hundreds of empty seats, and no people. It was perfect and the afternoon went by like lightening. well, not really but everyone was of good cheer and we all were so excited about the time we would be spending together.

FIRST CLASS

Oh I've done first class, but not in a while. There were all those business trips, I got upgraded a bunch of times, a few of them were to conferences in Orlando, Denver, and even Zurich. Now that's when I might understand paying the big bucks. The long trips are brutal when your legs are up to your chin and you have no place to put your elbow. The last time we'd been on first class was on our honeymoon. We were both in grad school at the time and in the middle of theses and tons of stress, we took off for New Orleans to elope. Highly recommend that folks. It was great. It makes me sad to see New Orleans on the news and hope that they restore it back to its' former beauty. Now that would have been one trip to write a dining plan for-Commander's Palace for one.

Anyway, I was looking forward to my pre-takeoff cocktail. The time was upon us and we had a plan. The slight rub in all this was that they couldn't put us all together. So we would be dispersed about this pretty large first class cabin. But we figured folks would move around the cabin so that we could all sit together. We boarded as soon as they started so we could get those cocktails right away. People were not exactly thrilled to see us. You know, the body language that warns you not to approach. Eyes looking down, newspapers raised higher, heads turned toward the window. But I could catch a few folks sizing us up and they had looks of fear. There was a very chilly mood there. Do people enter first class and become entitled? Or does first class cause them to enter into a state of entitlement? I also wonder how many people actually pay $1300 for the same flight that would cost $250? I am thinking alot of these folks are imposters. I look at their shoes and they don't look like Manolo Blaniks to me. I'm thinking they got on the same way we did. We decide to put our Sky and Carson together, DJ would sit alone in the middle of the plane and I would be out back with happy jack. We figured we'd wait until everyone got close to their seats so we could negotiate some swaps. You know, no one would switch? We didn't sweat it as if the kids started kicking the seats, and making noise, and grabbing all the stewardesses attention so that they couldn't refill all those free cocktails, tough. So after getting the big kids situated, we sat down, and ordered our drinkypoos. Mama is a champagne girl. Love the stuff-Veuve Cliquot, s'il vous plais. No they don't serve that vintner on Delta, but it was tasty. Jack bumped into me a couple of times and that was okay. I just ordered another. DJ is a bourbon man, and he got to sit all by himself and read, and better yet, do nothing. That doesn't happen much, you know when no one is asking for anything or needing anything, and you are not having to correct or supervise or entertain. Considering we had now been up close to 36 hours, he might have even snoozed. I had contemplated bringing out a twister game, might this have been the place to pull it out? Right in the center aisle of first class. This was an uptight group. None of these folks looked happy or excited. I mean we were headed to the Happiest Place on Earth, why did it seem like what Dick Cheney's boardrooms must be like? As it turned out the kid's were great, and as we were deplaning, people suddenly smiled, told us how good our kids were, and wasn't it a wonderful flight. Okay, I am a psychotherapist. These people were merely anxious. I take back all my mean and judgemental thoughts about them, except why are people so attached to their seats on a plane? I mean I can understand bulkhead and aisle. But moving a few seats back so a little family can sit together? Is that such a big deal. Okay, I didn't have kids once upon a time. I kind of get it.

We're there. So magically everyone in first class turns nice, and we trudge through the airport with the I-over-packed load. We have to bring the stroller, not so much for Jack, but for all the stuff we drag around. The kids all have blankeys still and they come everywhere, but they kept falling off and getting stuck in the wheels of the stroller. Ugh, and then the $20 Mickeys from the last trip would fall too, because the kids are just too tired to carry them.

I am saying nothing about ME other than it worked, and we were again psyched because CBR was the first stop. Oh yeah, on a roll...with good vibes.

WE ARRIVE!

Okay, it was still raining, no prob. We had brought the carry on with undies, bathing suits, toothbrushes, you know the bag u need when u use ME. We were the only ones checking in and there were lots of very nice staff outside in the bellhop area. Very chatty, jokes for Carson, who loves jokes but hasn't quite gotten delivering them yet.

One of the staff isn't happy with our room assignment. He tells us its smoking and orders DJ back into the check-in to get another room. Now this is what I like, WDW even does my work for me. Sweet! Way to pamper mama....The kids and I are dancing to the reggae tunes. Sky loves to dance and I am awful at it, but do it just for her sake. Whenever my kids dance, though, it turns into that will ferrel and chris kattan skit. What is love? baby don't hurt me, don't hurt me, no mo' and they squish the poor girl in the middle and send her off into oblivion. That always happens, and these little people have been up since 3 am. It is 6:30. pm and my kids didn't nap. Remember. Parents. You know this feeling. They are on the edge, you know any minute the house of cards is gonna fall. So I am waiting for this reggae hop to turn ugly.

Dh comes back. No luck. Seems this little resort is sold out. Seems theres a little gathering here. Seems we're the only ones not part of this gathering. The entire resort has da don da don da don(jaws music)da don da don da- the Cheerleaders- Twilight Zone starts playing, Screen image is warped and camera zeros in on horsegirls terrified expression) She shrieks "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" And for a moment images of prepubescent girls in hipsters flooding the place is more than a person can take in. Reality seeps back in. It won't be so bad, it's only for one night. Now please don't think I don't like cheerleaders or am passing judgement, it is just the thought of so many teenagers in one place.

The Kids stay composed and the CBR sends us via SUV to our first and hopefully last smoking room. The room does not appear to accomodate 5. I didn't think CBR allowed 5 in a room, and before any of you finger waggers chew me out indignantly for sneaking jack in, we told them on the phone we had 5 and we checked in as 5.

We are all starving and Dave graciously suggests I walk to get some grub while he readies the kids for bed. Not a great decision as I look back, but I knew better.

Its pouring, but I am anxious to see the grounds, we're in Aruba, so I was able to go over the little island right to the food court. On the way, some young girls ran by me and knocked into me. "Tee hee hee hee hee" is all I hear as they disappear into the darkness. That bridge is dark and long, in a downpour. But I am still in cloud nine, I was supposed to be home readying for the flight. That ordeal is behind us, so who cares about a few lakes full of rain coming down. I get to the pool area, there are these little vixens everywhere. Some are in bathing suits, running near that little bar, and throwing cups of water at each other. "Tee hee hee hee hee" More of that cackling coming from everywhere. I duck I dodge and I successfully make it into the food court without the cups of water landing on me. Although looking back, what was I so uptight about? I was soaked anyway. Maybe its just my aversion to teenagers. Okay, ephiany here. I am just now realizing I feel about teens, the way some people felt about toddlers and preschoolers. Collectively they are terriflying but individually, you love 'em, every one of 'em cause they are really terrific and sweet and funny and loving and good. But collectively they are frightening.

The windows of the food court were all steamy. I couldn't see through. I should have known and just gone back and ordered pizza delivered to the room. But I was curious to check the place out and get some greens and other healthy food. You know how a day at the airport makes you detest snack food? So when I opened the doors, there it was a sea of cheerleaders and their families and chaperones. Everyone had pink hip hugger sweat pants with matching hoodie. You know the kind that say, baby doll on the butt. Baby on one cheek, doll on the other. Eeeeech, Sky will not be wearing any words on her beautiful derriere, no sirree. My girl is not having any more attention to her backside than it will already undoubtedly attract. Sky has the perfect body. I can say that cause its nothing like mine, and I'll tell you why another time.

There's lots of makeup,and some of it is streaking down their faces. It is also very loud. Now I know I am offending some folks here, so now is the time I want to say I have nothing against cheerleaders. I was mostly just tired and it took forever to get some food to bring back to the room. More than an hour actually, and on the way back some of those active, exuberant girlie girls, knocked over my tray and got water down my back. I salvaged just a little of our dinner and went back ready to join DJ and watch our angels sleep while we planned for tomorrow. Our first official day at Diz. I am going to spell it like that because that is how I refer to wdw alot and if I write DIS, you might think I am referring to this board.

The light is still on, I can see it peeking out the gap in the curtain. I open the door to chaos. Sheer and utter chaos. There are no linens left left on the bed and the granola bars from aloha zuzu are ground into the mattress pad and the sheets crumpled on the floor. A juice pack or two has been stepped on, squished and exploded, and the darlings are not in the PJS I took the trouble to pack. No they are in the clothes they have been in for 24 hours and jumping up and down frantically on the beds. Now that is really the only thing to do when you are a little kid stuck in a hotel with inadequate supper and a case of exhaustion and exercise deprivation. I look at DJ with that special I-am-not-pleased-look that I'm sure he sees too much of. The thing is my idea of bedtime is calm, quiet, containment. I think the boys might have seen and heard the cheerleaders. Carson is getting to that age where he is starting to notice girls in a little different way. A few months ago, he was watching Aladdin. We have had it forever, but on this certain day, he sees her bare middrif and says, "Oh, I like her tummy." He had that look of appreciation that those big boys show sometimes, you know the dads when they see the hottie walk by and they forget you are with them....My DJ doesn't know I know, because as I said he acts cool, but I know him too well.

So I leave you with this image of my cherubs bouncing with utter delight, every bag open and strewn about the floor, no linens on the bed, and all the towels have been used as capes and are no longer sanitary. Isn't this where Lala would really be having a hard time?

And oh, one more thing, I notice the message light on the phone, and I pick it up wondering who would be calling at this time of day. Certainly not the Mickster. No it wasn't but just as good, because it is an announcement that EE would be open in the morning and closing at 2 pm for the rest of the week. Yesssssssssss! We scored again! Our original flight would have gotten in tomorrow at about 12:30 so we would surely have missed EE. The kids actually collapsed pretty quickly and DJ and I got our half hour of adult time and talked about our options for the next day........

The Real Part 6-Go to Page 11 post 165

Last edited by horsegirl; 04-01-2006 at 08:29 AM. Reason: here is where i realize i cannot possibly respond with pms or reply to everyone - i don't know how to acknowledge all of you and try to be creative so i can be polite- i failed miserably
Old 03-24-2006, 05:00 AM   #139
Ghost
DIS Veteran

Sweet...

OK, so no cash in my account... how about sending those vouchers to me

Looking forwards for part $1600
Old 03-24-2006, 05:09 AM   #140
TLinden16
Scotty and Ray at Jellyrolls RULE!!! *poke* *poke*
Operating under the influence of Colin Farrell's eyes

Glad you finally made it to Disney World! Those cheerleaders sure can add a lot of craziness to a resort! I've stayed at the same resort as the cheerleaders in th past. Very loud and lots of unsupervised running. Yikes.

Thanks for posting!

Old 03-24-2006, 05:37 AM   #141
luvpooh
oh bother!

cool - an update! Mai Tai (hee hee) say how in awe I am of you for maintaining such composure throughout such a very long and trying day? It sounded like some kind of bizzare Disney Gauntlet that you had to run with all the different situations that popped up, and you were so poised through it all! Hey - were you a former beauty pageant contestant?

Still scratching my head about the 1st class people not wanting to rearrange to accomodate you, esp. since you had the 2 kids on their own; I would think that the passengers would gladly move around to ensure they were supervised as to not disturb the sweet sweet 1st class experience!
Old 03-24-2006, 08:50 AM   #142
paslea_pooh
DIS Veteran

WoW, you must have nerves of steel. What a crazy day then add the cheerleaders - like Oh My god that must have been totally like awesome! (I'm an ex-cheerleader, can you tell?)

I'm Really enjoying your trip report. Thanks for sharing.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 03-24-2006, 09:12 AM   #143
horsegirl

Mai Tai say I'm just flattered that amidst this Maelstrom with the Big Chiefs on this board that ya'll would take the time to read MY middle aged, dated writing, luv pooh? And I am watching you all on the CB, you too TLinden, I can only imagine this is no fastpass for you again today. And Ghost, you dogged one, you are just going to keep hounding me for those bucks, aren't you! Are you by any chance in fundraising, or soliciting? Credit card sales? And sweet pasleah pea, anything with the word 'pea' in it is endearing to me, you posted even though I dised 'your kind' a little ha, ha . Okay Dissing now has a whole new meaning for me, after yesterday.... You're a good egg in my book, pea, for understanding my targeting the cutest, perkiest folks at WDW on my post. Thanks so much to you and everyone else who helps to fuel me on, I am still having writer's block and must say, that my report last night was half hearted-not what I'd hoped it would be. I will be back with a very merry disney installment featuring hopefully all your favorite characters and maybe a little sentiment, too. Stay tuned.

Last edited by horsegirl; 03-24-2006 at 09:14 AM. Reason: I have got to post after proofing typos!
Old 03-24-2006, 09:41 AM   #144
MommyPoppins
Tangled with the TF in a moment of weakness
A new saying!
I'm telling you what...I'd pay goog money

Yay! I'm loving it! Death to the cheerleaders!!!!!!!!!!!!!

J/K

I'm just jealous because if I wore little pink sweat pants, well they wouldn't be little and they wouldn't say,"baby doll" they'd say,"M'assaslama". In fact, I might make some of those for my next trip.

Last edited by MommyPoppins; 03-24-2006 at 09:53 AM.
Old 03-24-2006, 10:00 AM   #145
MOMOFMNM
DIS Veteran

Too funny Horsegirl....

Cheerleaders!!

I work in a high school so I know what you are talking about, sad thing is these girls have Coach purses and drive newer cars (expensive imports) than I do...I pull up in my rickety Ol Dodge Caravan...with the stereo blastin' Keith Urban or some other country song!!

sorry to get OT but how was the room for 5 of you??
did the kids share a bed or did you have a fold out?
Old 03-24-2006, 10:00 AM   #146
babytrees
I hate when you've been salivating over something and then it disappoints!!
Who has a big toe the same size as the rest of their toes??? I know I don't have uniform feet

I am LOVING your reports and your asides!!

I am glad you made it to WDW in relative peace and in almost one piece.

My daughters won't wear anything that has writing on the behind....but that is so the style now....blech!!

Hope you enjoyed EE and can't wait to read more!!

mom to Cassidy and Abi
my favorite princesses
Old 03-24-2006, 10:02 AM   #147
luvpooh
oh bother!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyPoppins
Yay! I'm loving it! Death to the cheerleaders!!!!!!!!!!!!!

J/K

I'm just jealous because if I wore little pink sweat pants, well they wouldn't be little and they wouldn't say,"baby doll" they'd say,"M'assaslama". In fact, I might make some of those for my next trip.
Bwahhhhahahahahaha!!!! They'd go great with the Maelstrom T's - sounds like a great outfit!

Horsegirl - don't feel uninspired, keep em comin - still need to know how you got the other 1600, plus, maybe you might want to tell us "I went on Small World...It was fun."
Old 03-24-2006, 10:52 AM   #148
EEyorelover22
I want to live in the Castle

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOMOFMNM
Too funny Horsegirl....

Cheerleaders!!

I work in a high school so I know what you are talking about, sad thing is these girls have Coach purses and drive newer cars (expensive imports) than I do...I pull up in my rickety Ol Dodge Caravan...with the stereo blastin' Keith Urban or some other country song!!

sorry to get OT but how was the room for 5 of you??
did the kids share a bed or did you have a fold out?
You must live in West Des Moines then where the $$ is.

Love your trip report!! It's given me something to read on this cold spring break when the entire family has had the flu

I want to hear about EE too! I have to convince DD12 to go on it in June!
Old 03-24-2006, 11:12 AM   #149
kimmar067
Kimmie Moo Boo Boo
I’m SERIOUS..milk just fell from my --- udder

....WHEW!! my head is S-P-I-N-N-I-N-G, but I'm LOVIN' EVERY MINUTE OF IT...!! Can't wait for MORE......
July 1992~off-site Dec 1999~CSR Feb 2001~DxL Nov 2001~Dolphin July 2002~CBR Aug 2002~WL Feb 2005~AKL/concierge Feb 2005~AKL Aug 2006~PoP C Aug 2006~AKL Dec 2007~DolphinJuly/Aug 2010~Mystic Dunes April 2013 ~ AKL"That's IT! The absolutely, positively VERY LAST Marino....." "We WEREN'T the 'Castle Family', We Didn't..." "The Trippie Who Hath..."
Old 03-24-2006, 12:04 PM   #150
5boyz
DIS Veteran

$3600.

horsegirl, you know how I feel....Yourrrrrrrrr Grrrrrreat!!!! Oh I feel your pain I spent 5 hrs waiting for a flight with my 5 sons and still had more kids!!!The twister thing was an awesome idea!!! That same thing happened to us when we took the 5 boys out for dinner a few years back. We walked in and this lady and her teen son had just sat down, they sat us at a loooooong table beside them and they asked to be moved!!! HOW RUDE!!!! Anyway we had a nice meal and the kids were fine!!! As we were leaving a couple in the booth near us asked how did you keep your kids so quiet, are they on valium (he was kidding) I said no I am a hag (just kidding, I am but did not say that), anyway they complimented us on how good they were and also said something about the people moving!!! Now those 5 little imps are 23 20 16 15 & 9 (not lying about his age lol_). The she devil is 6 and is worse than all 5 put together!!!! We are driving thank god cuz she would talk someone to death. Anyway keep it comin'! btw....what is CBR? LOL!! I know the resort but what name?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: