Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-05-2010, 04:26 PM   #76
irishthemeparkfan
Earning My Ears

Hi tinkerbell,

what are you doing on the evening of your wedding. I am having a wedding at the swan in May also, and planned an epcot dessert party at night, but have been informed by disney I'm not allowed to unless all 13 guests stay at a disney hotel.
irishthemeparkfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 04:48 PM   #77
tinkerbell 766
If I can't fly, let me sing. Or, in other words if I can't be in Disney, let me talk about it !
DLRP is quite simply my spiritual home

Hi sweetie
Our ceremony is at 3.00pm and we are following it up with the short cake/champagne reception at the Swan. We are then going by limo to the GF and having a cocktail hour at Mizner's bar. We will be then having our reception dinner at Citricos (who so far have been mega helpful and seem genuinely thrilled to be hosting this for us!!). I am still on the fence about a DP. If I have one it will be at Sago Cay point at the GF. I have discounted Epcot because as a non-DFTW bride, I am not allowed to wear my dress in the park. This is the only draw back I have come across so far with being a non-DFTW bride!!! I will only have a DP if I can afford to pipe in the 'Wishes' music.
Unfortunately, I cannot help with your problem as all of us (DH, me and 13 guests) are all staying on-property (BLT and AKV) as I own DVC.
I have heard that Disney are making it increasingly difficult for non-DFTW brides to book a DP. If I decide to go ahead and book one through Disney Events, I will be saying it is for a family gathering and not a VR!!
I hope you get this sorted!!!

tinkerbell 766 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-05-2010, 07:23 PM   #78
KimviG
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbell 766 View Post
Hi KimviG
I suspect the prices on page 1 may be a little out of date. It's hard for me to say as I didn't follow a package but 'cherry picked' what I wanted from the package and arranged other things myself.
My VR is in May and for the Swan part of it I am paying around $2,200.00.
This includes site (West Courtyard) including seating and set up, water station set up for guests nearby, services of Karen, my planner to co-ordinate and book things etc and oversee on the day, a backup venue in case of rain, use of a hospitality room for freshening up on the day (if I need it),two bottles of champagne, one bottle of sparkling cider, five bottles of orange juice, the services of two Swan employees to pour and serve drinks for the toast and cut and serve the cake and all silverware, glassware and flatware.
Things I have arranged myself with outside vendors are floral, cake, officiant, photographer and harpist. Limousines are being arranged by Karen but are on a seperate contract as at the time of signing my contract I wasn't sure what I wanted.
You need not be tied into a package but can have as little or as much as you want. Contact JustMarry. They are always so helpful and Karen is an angel!!!
Good luck
Thanks so much for letting me know, mine would be a vow renewal too. We had planned on a Disney Wedding next year but now insurance reasons are forcing us to elope in a few weeks, I still want my Disney wedding though and I'm really bummed. I'm just trying to figure out if it will be practical to have a ceremony especially when we want to take at least 10 days for vacation there and have a family of five.

Offsite '88,'93,'04,'11
Pop '06, Por '07,ASSp '08, POP '14
KimviG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 06:01 AM   #79
tinkerbell 766
If I can't fly, let me sing. Or, in other words if I can't be in Disney, let me talk about it !

Hi
I think that the above posts are regarding a dessert party, not actually a dinner. We are having our reception dinner at Citricos at the Grand Floridian after our Swan VR. I am budgeting for $70.00 per person excluding drinks, tax and service. I think the whole bill will be over $1500.00, so not cheap!!!

Old 08-24-2010, 04:56 PM   #80
lurkyloo
The Attic was just perfect
OK, apparently I've been living under a rock

Helpful info from another thread

Here's a wonderfully detailed post about a Swan & Dolphin wedding:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mic View Post
If I am posting my daughter's Swan and Dolphin wedding budget on the wrong post, I apologize. This may be helpful for folks like us that want a Disney escape-type wedding, but have more than 25 guests. We had 50 guests total, including the wedding party. The ceremony was held at the Crescent Terrace, followed by a reception in the Osprey room.

$1550---basic ceremony package, paid to Michele Butler Events

$4748--paid to the Swan for catering. This price included a small dinner buffet with two types of salad(green and caesar), herb-crusted chicken, pasta primavera, seasonal vegetables, and rolls. The wedding cake was our only dessert as each layer was different: top layer was red velvet with cream cheese filling, middle layer was flourless chocolate with mousse filling, and the bottom layer was white cake with strawberry mousse filling. This price included the hosted bar as well. We offered wine and beer for 36 guests over 21 at a cost of $30 per person. For the 14 guests under 21, the price was $14 per person. This was for 2.5 hours of service. Of the $4748 charge, $245 was an "upcharge" for the cake. Also included in the $4748 was a charge for the arch used in the ceremony...I don't remember the actual cost. The 23% gratuity was added to EVERYTHING, and everything that was gratuitized was taxed afterward.

$1200--DJ Miles. I wrote this check with a BIG SMILE on my face! He was worth every penny! He provided music for the ceremony and entertainment for the reception.

???--photography--David and Vicki Arndt. I can't remember exactly what I paid them, but their prices were very competitive. I opted for the basic 4-hour package with CD and copyright release (no album, etc.) I don't have the CD yet, but I have no doubt we will love the pictures. They arrived at 5:30 pm and stayed past 9:30 pm. They were absolutely wonderful, and worth more than I paid.

$300---Floral---The groom's mother is a former florist, so she volunteered to do the bouquets and boutineers for the wedding party. She and the couple went to a floral shop in Orlando and purchased fresh flowers the day before the wedding. This amazing woman whipped up my daughter's bouquet in 5 minutes and texted a picture of it to me for approval! She made 6 bouquets and 7 boutineers that she stored in a cooler until the ceremony. I will be honest, I was not expecting anything spectacular for $300, but I was so surprised! My daughter's bouquet consisted of lillies, roses, hydrangeas, baby's breath, and some type of leaves. The bridesmaids and junior bridesmaid's bouquets were a little smaller, but just as lovely. The groomsmen wore ivory rose boutineers with baby's breath. The in-laws are Dutch, and thought the fresh floral here was expensive, but I paid more than $300 for flowers at my wedding over 2 decades ago! I would LOVE to see what my MIL could do with $300 in Holland!

$600--Hair and nails--My husband paid for Beaute Speciale(6 hairdos at $65 each, and bride's makeup at $60 plus tip), and nails the day of the wedding

$550-800---centerpieces, menus, invitations, programs, ribbon wands, and favors

I thought the food and bar was as expensive as Disney is, but I was able to save money elsewhere. The centerpieces were "simply elegant" as one guest said, and we provided them. Michele Butler's assistant helped us set them out. The Swan staff lit the candles and provided water for the vases. We placed the six fresh-flower bouquets from the ceremony in vases in the center of each table, surrounded by pedestal votive holders in varying heights. At the end of the night, the staff placed the empty vases and votives on one table for us to pack up(it took 10 minutes at best). We did that while the staff boxed the cake, which we had to request they box for us. I made menus for each place-setting, which the staff graciously set out for me. They also had a small table placed beside the door for the Swan favors that held chocolate kisses and served as table assignment cards. I think the food and decor was exactly what my daughter wanted. The only thing we did not like was the cake. Originally, we were to have buttercream frosting,and that was written on our banquet order. I don't know if that was changed to fondant later for a reason, or if the catering manager just made a mistake. I am sure we paid extra for it, whether we wanted it or not.

I am too lazy to look for the actual dress and tux receipts, but I remember the approximate costs of everything. For our family, which included the bride, 2 maids of honor/sisters of the bride, a groomsman/brother, father of the bride tux rental and mother of the bride dress, we spent approximately $1600, which I did not think was too bad. I also bought a jr. bridesmaid dress($90), and my daughter bought matching shoes for three bridesmaids as gifts($90).
I do not have a clue what the rings cost...

$600--Hair and nails--My husband paid for Beaute Speciale(6 hairdos at $65 each, and bride's makeup at $60 plus tip) the day of the wedding and nails at a nearby salon the day before.

$275--Limo to take bride and 5 bridesmaids to the Boardwalk, then come back to OKW and take one family of 6 to the Swan. (I would skip this next time...the driver was not good)

$250--Rehearsal "lunch" for the bridal party. The bridal party wanted Olive
Garden for dinner, but the restaurant did not accept reservations, and our rehearsal was a little late for the kids(7-8:30 pm). So 20 of us went to Olive Garden for a late lunch before the nail appointments. For the rehearsal dinner, we did something a little unconventional--a cook-out at the pool at OKW. We requested that our group all be near each other in the Turtle Pond area of Old Key West. My sister, mother, and one of our friends prepared dinner for us at the Grand Villa while we went to the Swan for the rehearsal. My sister and a family friend grilled chicken breast and hamburgers while my mother made salads, chili, beans, and cut up fruit. One of the bridesmaids is a bartender who mixed up drinks, and the kids swam in the pool. It sounds wierd I know, but it was great. Total cost was about $200, which my mother insisted on paying. My 8-year-old nephew has been showing all of his friends his picture of him in the hot-tub with 4 bridesmaids in their 20's...priceless!

We are DVC members and used all of our available points to book rooms for our family and as many guests as we could. Anyone in the wedding got at least one free night with my points, then I rented points from other members for the rest of the nights for them, which they paid for. In all, I paid for 14 studio nights(spread out over 4 families) and 1 night in a 1-bedroom at Old Key West. We had a 2-bedroom for 8 nights, followed by 3 nights in a Grand Villa for our family and a few guests. About half the guests booked rooms nearby: my mother, brother, sister and nephew were at Bonnet Creek using my mother's Wyndham points, 5 young guests(in their 20's) were in 3 rooms at the Comfort Inn on Palm Parkway, and the folks from Holland and Germany booked houses nearby. I just wouldn't know how to figure the cost of rooms.

I apologize if this is too much information for some, and hope it helps others. I found a lot of useful information on this board when I was researching and would like to return the favor.
lurkyloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 10:43 PM   #81
Msblowfish
Daydreaming!!!!

I am now looking in to changing my venue. I live in Orlando and was planning on having my ceremony at the local botanical garden. My biggest issue is transportation from the ceremony (Downtown Orlando) to my reception dinner (Shula's). I really want this as uncomplicated as possible so having my ceremony at the S/D seems to be a no brainer. The reason I hesitated at first was because I really want something private. I'm not sure I like the idea of people looking out their windows and seeing my ceremony. Perhaps I should just get over it. LOL

So what exactly is the basic package? Can I customize etc.

Thanks
Sharon
Msblowfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 03:53 PM   #82
tinkerbell 766

Hi Sharon
I am having my VR at the Swan in May (my PJ is in my siggie, if you want to take a peek). I won't bore everybody with specifics on pricing, but if you want a breakdown of what I am getting in my package from the Swan and how much it is, feel free to PM me and I will send you the details.
As for the privicy thing, I am having my ceremony at the West Courtyard, which will be closed off during our ceremony, so only those attending the VR will be at the Courtyard. I am sure that if people want to peek through windows and watch, they could. That doesn't bother me though. I think it is probably difficult to have an outdoor ceremony on Disney property and not have a few passers-by steel a curious look!!
As for customizing the package, this is totally possible. I have a very basic package with the Swan and have researched and booked my own photographer, florist, cake, musician and officiant.
Karen, my planner from JustMarry has been an angel. She has helped me no end with my research and guided me through all the enquiries and booking proceedures and will also be co-ordinating on the day itself. I cannot praise her high enough so far!!!
Feel free to ask me any other questions and I hope you have a wonderful day whatever you decide!!

Old 08-31-2010, 01:25 PM   #83
Msblowfish
Daydreaming!!!!

Thanks for the reply Tinkerbell. I sent you a PM...

Sharon
Msblowfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 08:16 AM   #84
irishthemeparkfan
Earning My Ears

Just bumping this to see how everyone is getting on with their swan weddings. We are booked in for May so it is coming along fine.

Just need to pick flowers and music.
Old 11-11-2010, 08:32 AM   #85
tinkerbell 766

It is nice to see someone posting on this thread - I was beginning to think I was the only S/D bride out there (well, I know there's Minniebride in December).
What date in May are you? Our VR is 4th. Do you have a PJ - I would love to read it!! We are really getting sorted now. Everything is booked (including 11 days worth of ADRs, ladies tea-party and welcome dinner). Flowers are sorted and so is musician (although actual music is yet to be decided). My plan in the next couple of weeks is to obtain some sample ceremonies from Rev Tim.
Please let me know about all of your plans - us S/D brides must stick together

Old 11-11-2010, 09:54 AM   #86
irishthemeparkfan
Earning My Ears

Hi Tinkerbell,

I'm actually the groom not the bride, so I've been left to arrange everything.

Our wedding is on the 5th at the fountain. Only 14 of us so I thought this would be the best location and we are not bothered about people watching from their balconies.

I've arranged most things through Just Marry. Our reception is at Shulas then we are going to illuminations at epcot as we have booked the uk pavillion.

I still have a lot to do. I have booked a photographer and Videographer, hair and make-up. We have a limo booked for transport of bride etc. Still need to choose cake, flowers and ceremony music but I will leave that to the bride.

Menu picked at Shulas. Reception will be a simple meal with speeches beforehand. Hotel room booked at the Dolphin.

The one thing I have forgot about is the officiant. So I need to look at options for that. We are not religious so I will discuss with Just Marry.

Looking forward to it as we will have 2 weeks in Orlando then a weeks cruise.
Old 11-11-2010, 11:44 AM   #87
minniebride
DIS Veteran

Another Swan bride here!!!! We are getting married in December, 2011 at Crescent Terrace, Cocktail Hour at the fountain courtyard, and a lunch reception in one of the Swan ballrooms. We are doing plated meals that will come to around $53/pp. Planning a welcome DP the night before at Epcot & I'm so excited for everything!!

We are going through Just Marry and we couldn't be happier with our planner (Karen) and the Swan caterer (Robyn)!

If you have any questions, ask away!
minniebride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 04:09 AM   #88
tinkerbell 766

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishthemeparkfan View Post
Hi Tinkerbell,

I'm actually the groom not the bride, so I've been left to arrange everything.

Our wedding is on the 5th at the fountain. Only 14 of us so I thought this would be the best location and we are not bothered about people watching from their balconies.

I've arranged most things through Just Marry. Our reception is at Shulas then we are going to illuminations at epcot as we have booked the uk pavillion.

I still have a lot to do. I have booked a photographer and Videographer, hair and make-up. We have a limo booked for transport of bride etc. Still need to choose cake, flowers and ceremony music but I will leave that to the bride.

Menu picked at Shulas. Reception will be a simple meal with speeches beforehand. Hotel room booked at the Dolphin.

The one thing I have forgot about is the officiant. So I need to look at options for that. We are not religious so I will discuss with Just Marry.

Looking forward to it as we will have 2 weeks in Orlando then a weeks cruise.
irishthemeparkfan - oops sorry - it is really nice to have a groom on these boards as we don't get too many of them on here!!!
It all sounds wonderful!! Your ceremony is the day after ours in the same location!! What time is it? I may just have to stalk . Who is your photographer? Are you having a musician? We are having a harpist. Who is doing hair and make-up? Gosh I am really nosey!!!
I considered an Illuminations DP but refused to take off my gown to do it, so that went out of the window!!! I am still on the fence about a Wishes DP at Sago Cay. Our reception is at Citricos, and I know that after dinner we can just wander down to the Marina and watch the fireworks, with piped in music, for free. Thus, I am having a hard time justifying shelling out over $1000.00 for a DP...... we'll see.
I would love to know more of your plans, so please keep posting - why not start a PJ? You would certainly have one avid reader here!!!
Minniebride - great to hear from you!! How is it all going?
Are either of you having gowns steamed and if so, are you doing this through JM? How much was it? I am considering using Carolyn Allen but didn't know whether it would be cheaper with somebody else.

Old 11-12-2010, 08:16 AM   #89
irishthemeparkfan
Earning My Ears

Our ceremony is at 3pm, then our reception at 5-730pm. We need to make it over to epcot for 830pm.

We are getting a violinist in, as I used to play it so that's why we favoured. Our photographer is Randy Chapman, and make up and hair is with beaute speciale.

We are getting a bentley limo for the bride as she has always seemed fascinated with Bentleys. I'm just driving to the hotel early to get the room sorted out.

I haven't got my suits sorted out. Some of the prices seem a bit dear. Who did you use?

Haven't thought about steaming gowns. Suppose if the dress arrives in a crumpled mess I will need to sort that out.

We have two villas booked south of animal kingdom.

We are not having welcome dinners or anything. The only preparation before the wedding will be to drive to the swan on the Monday to check everything out.

I'm also having my stag night over there on the Sunday night as I all my close friends are going.
Old 11-12-2010, 08:56 AM   #90
tinkerbell 766

That all sounds really great!!
We have Randy too!! Isn't he great!! He is doing a 'first look' with us at Bay Lake Tower (where we are staying), then photos at the Swan and Boardwalk before the ceremony and at the GF after the ceremony. He will then join us for dinner at Citricos as our guest. We are also doing a Trash the Dress session with him on Monday 9th. Can't wait!!
We are going with the bog-standard limo for transport. My 10 year old son has always wanted to ride in one and they are a bit less popular over here in the UK so a bit of a novelty for him!!
Is your wife-to-be changing out of her gown for the DP at Epcot then?
As for suits, we are just having the men wear standard matching black suits which we will bring from the UK with us. We are dressing them up with ties to match my daughter's MOH dress.
I may have to have a sneeky peak at your wedding!!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: