Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-09-2012, 11:15 AM   #796
Icecoldpenguin
May the Force Be With You

this is for our ladies that are planning. I highly suggest you look at the planning journals for swan weddings. mine is linked in my signature but our PJ's are a great place to go for ideas.

Teresa

TRIPS:
Now a Florida Resident and Visiting as much as possible!
All 5 SWW 2014 Turkey Day '13 VWL, Labor Day '13, May '13/June '13-SWW 1,3 & 4 May '13-Disneyland, Nov '12-Pop, Oct '12 Swan, Jun/Jul '12 Disney World Wedding/Honeymoon, Dec '11 Wilderness Lodge, Oct '11 Poly, June '11-ASMo, June '10 ASMu, 2000 Offsite
Icecoldpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 03:12 PM   #797
sarahb01
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMermaid1417 View Post
What packages did you girls get? Has anyone been to disney in July? How is the weather? Who is the best photographer with good prices?
I just got the basic package and added the musician. We are having a harpist. I have been to Disney in July and it is HOT! I am going with Jason Angelini. He (and his wife) have been great to work with so far, and we are so excited for him to be a part of our big day.
Register to remove

Old 10-09-2012, 03:13 PM   #798
sarahb01
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icecoldpenguin View Post
this is for our ladies that are planning. I highly suggest you look at the planning journals for swan weddings. mine is linked in my signature but our PJ's are a great place to go for ideas.

Teresa
I know I have been REALLY bad about replying on everyone's PJs, but I swear I read them, and LOVE them! Teresa, yours has been helping me a ton!
Old 10-09-2012, 04:54 PM   #799
MrsDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaMarie View Post
Hi everyone! I'm new here but I've been reading a ton!!

I want to get Married through Just Married at the Swan and Dolphin in 2014!.... However, I do have a few questions if anyone can help!!

...What is the best time of year to have a wedding here? (weather, and prices)?

....Has anyone done a ceremony in the morning and done a brunch or lunch anywhere? If so where?

....Is it possible to do a Christian ceremony instead of just having an officiant?

Also.... have any brides done a ceremony and dinner or lunch reception only then had a celebration at home? I'd LOVE to know how to set up the invitations for something like that!!

I'm at a complete loss....

Thank you so much in advance!
Hi Dana!

The prices for an S/D wedding are set regardless of time of year. Honestly, I'd pick a cooler, dry month for a FL wedding. We are getting married in December; it's so beautiful at Disney in December but it is super pricey in terms of resorts, etc. January, February, and March are also really really good options. September is a great month but you will deal with the heat and rain, most likely. I do not recommend summer months because of the terrible heat, rains, and crowds!

I'm having an evening wedding but it is totally possible to do a morning wedding with a brunch or lunch reception. You've got all of the S/D restaurants to look into as well as almost anywhere on Disney property (keep in mind, you cannot wear your wedding dress into the parks).

What exactly do you mean by a Christian ceremony? We have hired Rev. Jack Day and he is performing a Christian ceremony for us. It is almost exactly the same as the type of ceremony we'd be getting at our non-denominational church.

As far as an at-home reception, a few girls have done it, I believe. I think the proper etiquette is simply send out an invite saying that you were married whatever date at Disney World and want to celebrate with those at home (obviously word it a bit nicer-- my brain is already shut off for the evening!).

Quote:
Thank you girls so much! I was thinking about July but I'm totally going for Jan. 6ish now! I am def going to check out those photographers. I also am leaning toward doing a dessert party at Epcot the night of my wedding. I want to have a morning wedding and a brunch at The Attic. Is it really cold in Jan.?
I don't know if this is correct but I don't believe you can have a reception at the Attic without being a DFTW bride... don't hold me to it but for some reason I feel like I've read that. Could be wrong!

January is one of the colder months in FL. BUT, the temperature in FL does crazy things. We've had some very cold January's and some relatively warm ones. You can expect the high to probably be in the 70s, with the low in the 50s.
MrsDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 05:14 PM   #800
DanaMarie
Earning My Ears

Thumbs down

Thank you so much everyone!

Teresa- I know this is silly, but I had no idea what a PJ was until you told me! I plan to read yours now! How else do I access the other ones?

MrsDuck- THANK YOU for all this information! I guess by a Christian ceremony is exactly what you were talking about!

(Sorry I'm very new to all this as you can see haha)
Old 10-09-2012, 06:35 PM   #801
ShanaMouse
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Teresa- I know this is silly, but I had no idea what a PJ was until you told me! I plan to read yours now! How else do I access the other ones?

MrsDuck- THANK YOU for all this information! I guess by a Christian ceremony is exactly what you were talking about!

in regards to planning journals, i would just scroll through this swan and dolphin thread as most of us have links to our journals in the signature. Hope this helps and happy planning
ShanaMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 06:47 PM   #802
tinkerbell 766
If I can't fly, let me sing. Or, in other words if I can't be in Disney, let me talk about it !
DLRP is quite simply my spiritual home

If you are interested in my PJ, the link to it is in my signature below - just click on it.

tinkerbell 766 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 10:28 AM   #803
2dogmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I want to get Married through Just Married at the Swan and Dolphin in 2014!.... However, I do have a few questions if anyone can help!!

Also.... have any brides done a ceremony and dinner or lunch reception only then had a celebration at home? I'd LOVE to know how to set up the invitations for something like that!!

...What is the best time of year to have a wedding here? (weather, and prices)? I got married in June - HOT and RAINY. My ceremony was moved inside from the beach location. If I didn't have to work around my kids schedules, I would have done October - December

Also.... have any brides done a ceremony and dinner or lunch reception only then had a celebration at home? I'd LOVE to know how to set up the invitations for something like that!! I did an at home luau a month after the wedding. If you want to know the wording I used, I can go look it up. We were rather informal with invites. For the Disney wedding, I emailed a newsletter and asked people to email me if they were interested in coming. For the Luau, I sent out invites and had the reply be either call or email. We had a photobooth at home that was awesome. It was a lot of fun, more fun than the actual wedding.

My Wedding Planning Journal

June, 2014 - AoA / RP @ US June, 2012 - My Swan Wedding / BC-CL
Nov 2010 - POR Aug 2008 - Poly Dec 2007 - Poly/WL Dec 2006 - Poly Sept 2006 - Portofino
Dec 2005 - Poly May 2005 - WL/Poly Oct 2004 - Poly Feb 2003 - CS Oct 2002 - AKL

2dogmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 12:38 PM   #804
Icecoldpenguin
May the Force Be With You

Quote:

....Has anyone done a ceremony in the morning and done a brunch or lunch anywhere? If so where?

....Is it possible to do a Christian ceremony instead of just having an officiant?

*As far as best time of year i think that is determined by the kind of weather you like. I love hot so summer was not bad for me. However, Faith likes it cooler and she loves disney at christmas with all the decor so she chose december and while shannon chose september. the prices dont change with time of year which is nice

*I did an 11am ceremony then transported guests to fulton's crab house for lunch at 1-4pm i can email you the mock up of our invite to help you

*christian ceremonies are a definite option with whatever officiant you choose

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahb01 View Post
I know I have been REALLY bad about replying on everyone's PJs, but I swear I read them, and LOVE them! Teresa, yours has been helping me a ton!
so glad it is helping I am about to indulge you all with a honeymoon story

Quote:

also in the planning our happily ever after you will find ALL the planning journals from DFTW brides and all other brides but if you want swan ones we almost ALL have links to ours in our signatures. Mine has a table of contents on the first page to help you navigate

TRIPS:
Now a Florida Resident and Visiting as much as possible!
All 5 SWW 2014 Turkey Day '13 VWL, Labor Day '13, May '13/June '13-SWW 1,3 & 4 May '13-Disneyland, Nov '12-Pop, Oct '12 Swan, Jun/Jul '12 Disney World Wedding/Honeymoon, Dec '11 Wilderness Lodge, Oct '11 Poly, June '11-ASMo, June '10 ASMu, 2000 Offsite
Icecoldpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 06:28 PM   #805
LittleMermaid1417
Earning My Ears

Ok so now the brunch at the attic is out of the questions Where is a good place to have a reception brunch? I was kinda leaning toward somewhere at the boardwalk
LittleMermaid1417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 06:46 PM   #806
ShanaMouse
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Ok so now the brunch at the attic is out of the questions Where is a good place to have a reception brunch? I was kinda leaning toward somewhere at the boardwalk
I've never been and I'm not sure how many guests you have and at what time you are looking to do a brunch, but you may want to look into Fresh Mediterranean Market at the Dolphin. They also have group dining, so you may be able to possible reserve a section in the restaurant. I know they are only open for breakfast and lunch.

Maybe also look at the Garden Grove at the Swan? It's not private but I know they have great food and one of our fellow Swalphins (Faith ) is doing her dinner reception there, if i'm not mistaking.

Other than that you may want to consider breakfast at Cape May Cafe, which is at the beach club.

The only thing to look out for is the time you are looking at. Many restaurants close at 11 or so as they don't do lunch and others dont open until 11 or 11:30.

Hope this helps.
Old 10-10-2012, 06:57 PM   #807
LittleMermaid1417
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaMouse

I've never been and I'm not sure how many guests you have and at what time you are looking to do a brunch, but you may want to look into Fresh Mediterranean Market at the Dolphin. They also have group dining, so you may be able to possible reserve a section in the restaurant. I know they are only open for breakfast and lunch.

Maybe also look at the Garden Grove at the Swan? It's not private but I know they have great food and one of our fellow Swalphins (Faith ) is doing her dinner reception there, if i'm not mistaking.

Other than that you may want to consider breakfast at Cape May Cafe, which is at the beach club.

The only thing to look out for is the time you are looking at. Many restaurants close at 11 or so as they don't do lunch and others dont open until 11 or 11:30.

Hope this helps.
I am looking to having between 16-20 guests. I was thinking brunch 10:30-11:00. I just really want to do a good breakfast. Thanks for the info!! I am fixing to check those places out!
LittleMermaid1417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 07:05 PM   #808
ShanaMouse
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I am looking to having between 16-20 guests. I was thinking brunch 10:30-11:00. I just really want to do a good breakfast. Thanks for the info!! I am fixing to check those places out!
Not sure if you have your heart set on something in the boardwalk area but I have also seen a lot of brides do their breakfast/brunch reception at 'Ohana. None of these are private, but they will accommodate you as best as they can and the breakfast there is great! Plus, you'll see some characters free of charge lol.
Old 10-12-2012, 11:09 AM   #809
MrsDuck
DIS Veteran

I believe Garden Grove has a character breakfast! It's right at the Swan and has good prices.

{and then you don't have to pay the crazy fees for having a character show up to your wedding... heheh!}
MrsDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 11:31 AM   #810
celerystalker
Look! I'm yankeepenny!
I can't do without air!
I seriously have a Disney addiction

Mrs - I can't wait to finish your PJ! I'm so excited you're doing a dinner at Garden Grove!
I want to do a character meal there - but I'm just not sure how it's going to work out.

I need to ask Erin some more questions, but I'm trying to space them out - 1 email a week at the 13 month mark is a bit much!

The fiance' wants a real cake.
I want a character meal and a Fantasmic! dessert party.
Fantasmic is at 6:30 the night of our wedding.
How in the world can we fit all this in?
His answer is to give up the character meal - which would save money -
but think about how much fun it would be!

Anyone know if Garden Grove will serve a cake from the Swan itself? I'm hoping to avoid the $5 per person outside fee.
celerystalker is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: