Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-04-2012, 07:59 AM   #751
Icecoldpenguin
May the Force Be With You

I don't think it is rude either but I do agree that the time of the wedding plays into expectations. My wedding was at 11am and we did a reception at Fulton's but had we not done a reception I don't think people would have expected one. It might be nice to just go to lunch at a disney restaurant or something all together. It also depends how many people you are having too.

Welcome all new Swalphin Sisters we are happy to have you. Also for all the new girls you can find a group on facebook where we all hang out. Search for "swalphins" or you can find me on facebook and I can add you, look for teresa0404@hotmail.com

Teresa

TRIPS:
Now a Florida Resident and Visiting as much as possible!
All 5 SWW 2014 Turkey Day '13 VWL, Labor Day '13, May '13/June '13-SWW 1,3 & 4 May '13-Disneyland, Nov '12-Pop, Oct '12 Swan, Jun/Jul '12 Disney World Wedding/Honeymoon, Dec '11 Wilderness Lodge, Oct '11 Poly, June '11-ASMo, June '10 ASMu, 2000 Offsite
Icecoldpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 10:02 AM   #752
Meg91
Earning My Ears

Talking

Thank you, ladies! I appreciate everyones imput and suggestions
Meg91 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-05-2012, 12:15 PM   #753
Icecoldpenguin
May the Force Be With You

More Swan time on the Disney Wedding Podcast

HOORAY FOR SWALPHINS! We got more air time on the Disney Wedding Podcast. I am proud and blessed to be able to say that our wedding is the feature this week. I hope you guys enjoy it. There is a lot about how we decided to do a swan wedding and helpful tips! Follow the links to listen and enjoy!

on the web

on iTunes

Teresa

TRIPS:
Now a Florida Resident and Visiting as much as possible!
All 5 SWW 2014 Turkey Day '13 VWL, Labor Day '13, May '13/June '13-SWW 1,3 & 4 May '13-Disneyland, Nov '12-Pop, Oct '12 Swan, Jun/Jul '12 Disney World Wedding/Honeymoon, Dec '11 Wilderness Lodge, Oct '11 Poly, June '11-ASMo, June '10 ASMu, 2000 Offsite
Icecoldpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 06:06 PM   #754
minniebride
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icecoldpenguin View Post
HOORAY FOR SWALPHINS! We got more air time on the Disney Wedding Podcast. I am proud and blessed to be able to say that our wedding is the feature this week. I hope you guys enjoy it. There is a lot about how we decided to do a swan wedding and helpful tips! Follow the links to listen and enjoy!

on the web

on iTunes

Teresa
I listened-it was a great podcast and you did a fantastic job!!
minniebride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 03:06 PM   #755
DarkPhant0m
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlb436 View Post
Hey Everyone! I've been reading this thread for a while but have not posted until now. My fiance proposed this past January in MK after Wishes (he actually posted on DISboards asking for ideas of where to pop the question - good thing I wasn't a member then because it would've ruined the surprise! ) and we are planning a Swan wedding in approxiimately 2 years. You all have been a wealth of information thus far which has made the planning go so much easier but I did have two questions.

1) Does anyone have any recommendations for videographers? I have checked out several of the photographers you have recommended and loved their work but haven't heard much talk about videographers here.

2) Does anyone know the turn-around time on a video of the wedding ceremony? Ideally, we'd like to get married one weekend in Florida and have our reception 2-3 weeks later at home and show a video of the ceremony at that time. Anyone know if this is at all feasible?

Thanks for any help you can offer!
Hey there and Welcome! I'm checking in a few weeks late to this one, but we just hired our videographer 2 weeks ago. We went with Simply Cinematic because their films were just amazing and exactly what I want! I also checked out StarFruit Productions and Key Moments Films, and a few others. To note, we are only having a Ceremony and NO reception, so I really only wanted the special moments captured that day (First look, setting, ceremony, playful extras, etc.). I priced out an intimate package, about 3 hours, and Simply Cinematic offered us the best deal. StarFruit was out of our budget, and a little pushy IMO and Key Moments couldn't offer us as good of a package as Simply Cinematic did. When I asked them about the turn-around time for the video, I was told 2-3 months for all of it. This works out perfect for us because we aren't able to hold our at home reception until 5 months after we get back.

There were other things about the videographers that sort of turned me off from them from the get go, but ultimately it was price that was the deciding factor. I wish you luck on your search! Choosing a videographer was the hardest thing I've done yet for the wedding... that is until I tried to make my flowers this weekend... DISASTER!

Our 12/12/12 S&D Wedding PJ

First Family Vacation 7/88
Family Vacation - 8/10
Wedding Trip - 12/12/12
DarkPhant0m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 12:54 PM   #756
2dogmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meg91 View Post
I need honest opinion ladies! Here's the ordeal..

Our wedding date is Oct. 24, 2013 at the S&D. Our original plan was to have a reception at one of the restaurants following our ceremony. Now, our plan is to have a celebration of marriage party once we return home to celebrate with everyone. At first we weren't going to have it fully catered but our families want to turn it into more of a formal catered reception. But our families have agreed to help with the cost of the catering since we are paying for our entire wedding ourselves.

We have put the idea out there of not having a reception at all in Florida to cut costs for the at home reception. However, we thought about having a cake & champagne reception after the ceremony and then finding a fun way to celebrate as a group.

As a guest of a wedding, after traveling to Florida would you find it rude not to be fed a warm meal? We asked our immediate family and they do not care but I am worried about what other guests would think. If we decide to just go with a cake & champagne reception, should I warn guests prior to booking their trip that there will not be a sit down reception to follow?

Please, HELP!
I would definitely let the guests know prior to the wedding so they can make other plans for a meal. We had a large reception back home after the wedding, but I still wanted to have a dinner because I knew that would be the only time I would be seeing many of my guests and many of my guests weren't coming to the party back home.

My Wedding Planning Journal

June, 2014 - AoA / RP @ US June, 2012 - My Swan Wedding / BC-CL
Nov 2010 - POR Aug 2008 - Poly Dec 2007 - Poly/WL Dec 2006 - Poly Sept 2006 - Portofino
Dec 2005 - Poly May 2005 - WL/Poly Oct 2004 - Poly Feb 2003 - CS Oct 2002 - AKL

2dogmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 09:08 AM   #757
Sweet Melissa
DIS Veteran

Okay, it's getting real now, so I guess it's time to stop lurking all over this thread and jump in.

We're looking at a wedding date of early November of next year. It will just be us, our immediate families and best friends, so 18-20 adults in all. We just set an appointment with Jennifer at Just Marry to view ceremony locations and the private dining rooms at bluezoo and Il Mulino when we visit this year. I hope we'll be able to secure a date immediately after that.

My questions for the veterans on this thread are about vendors and the services that Just Marry provides. My brother is performing our ceremony and a good friend is our photographer, so we won't need to book a "package" with Just Marry. Which other services did couples here use?

We'll probably need minimal floral (no boutonnieres or centerpieces, just bouquets for my two maids of honor and me). Depending on which ceremony location we choose, we may want some kind of decoration, but I have no idea what yet, and I assume we'll need to rent chairs. I'd like to hire someone for hair and makeup. I have no clue yet what we'll do for ceremony music. Can anybody speak to these services either from Just Marry or outside vendors? I guess I'm just looking for others to share their experiences (and photos, if you have them!)

♥ Melissa
Last Visit: November 2013 - Wedding/Honeymoon! Old Key West & Kidani
Next Visit: October 2014 - Boardwalk Villas
Sweet Melissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 11:36 AM   #758
tinkerbell 766
If I can't fly, let me sing. Or, in other words if I can't be in Disney, let me talk about it !
DLRP is quite simply my spiritual home

Hi sweetie
Firstly, you will not need to hire chairs as they are included in even the most basic package that JM offers.
I used 'Petals by Design Orlando' for my floral and was 100% happy with them!!! I adored my floral!!!! It was exactly what I wanted.
I used an outside vendor for my cake - Heather at 'It's Tasty Too' and can highly recommend her!!

http://www.itstastytoo.com/index.html

I had Christine McPhail as a musician (harpist) and she was amazing!!!

http://www.orlandoharpist.com/

For hair and make-up, I used Patricia Le Jeune. She also comes highly recommended!!!!!

http://www.lejeuneartistry.com/

I have lots of photos in my PJ/TR, the link to which is in my signature below. Please feel free to have a look at it and if you have any questions, I would be honoured to help.
Happy planning sweetie!!!

tinkerbell 766 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 02:16 PM   #759
sarahb01
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Melissa View Post
Okay, it's getting real now, so I guess it's time to stop lurking all over this thread and jump in.

We're looking at a wedding date of early November of next year. It will just be us, our immediate families and best friends, so 18-20 adults in all. We just set an appointment with Jennifer at Just Marry to view ceremony locations and the private dining rooms at bluezoo and Il Mulino when we visit this year. I hope we'll be able to secure a date immediately after that.

My questions for the veterans on this thread are about vendors and the services that Just Marry provides. My brother is performing our ceremony and a good friend is our photographer, so we won't need to book a "package" with Just Marry. Which other services did couples here use?

We'll probably need minimal floral (no boutonnieres or centerpieces, just bouquets for my two maids of honor and me). Depending on which ceremony location we choose, we may want some kind of decoration, but I have no idea what yet, and I assume we'll need to rent chairs. I'd like to hire someone for hair and makeup. I have no clue yet what we'll do for ceremony music. Can anybody speak to these services either from Just Marry or outside vendors? I guess I'm just looking for others to share their experiences (and photos, if you have them!)
Hi There!

You don't need to rent chairs, they are included in the price of the ceremony. I am also using Christine Macphail for our music. From what I have heard she sounds wonderful.

We are getting married 09-01 next year, so we are in the early stages of planning, so I can't help too much at this point, since I haven't booked too much yet.

Happy to have you here!
Old 09-22-2012, 02:33 PM   #760
Sweet Melissa
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbell 766 View Post
Hi sweetie
Firstly, you will not need to hire chairs as they are included in even the most basic package that JM offers.
I used 'Petals by Design Orlando' for my floral and was 100% happy with them!!! I adored my floral!!!! It was exactly what I wanted.
I used an outside vendor for my cake - Heather at 'It's Tasty Too' and can highly recommend her!!

http://www.itstastytoo.com/index.html

I had Christine McPhail as a musician (harpist) and she was amazing!!!

http://www.orlandoharpist.com/

For hair and make-up, I used Patricia Le Jeune. She also comes highly recommended!!!!!

http://www.lejeuneartistry.com/

I have lots of photos in my PJ/TR, the link to which is in my signature below. Please feel free to have a look at it and if you have any questions, I would be honoured to help.
Happy planning sweetie!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahb01 View Post
Hi There!

You don't need to rent chairs, they are included in the price of the ceremony. I am also using Christine Macphail for our music. From what I have heard she sounds wonderful.

We are getting married 09-01 next year, so we are in the early stages of planning, so I can't help too much at this point, since I haven't booked too much yet.

Happy to have you here!
Thank you both! I appreciate the advice and the warm welcome. I'll have a look at your links and suggestions. It's good to know that chairs are included with the ceremony. I've been thinking we'd probably hire Patricia Le Jeune for hair and makeup. Her prices seem reasonable for the area and feedback for her seems incredibly positive.

♥ Melissa
Old 09-23-2012, 08:25 AM   #761
MrsDuck
DIS Veteran

Welcome Melissa!!

We booked the "bare bones" package and added on vendors where we needed them. For example, we booked our floral, musician, and videographer through Just Marry. I booked my photog, cake, hair/makeup, and officiant on my own BUT I included my planner in all the emails I sent to those vendors.

Just Marry knows and books reputable vendors. I highly suggest going with them for floral and music. If you are looking for some other vendor recommendations, let us know!

PS. are you on Facebook? Join our group! We also have a Swan and Dolphin group if you're interested in joining that!
Old 09-23-2012, 10:40 AM   #762
Sweet Melissa
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsDuck View Post
Welcome Melissa!!

We booked the "bare bones" package and added on vendors where we needed them. For example, we booked our floral, musician, and videographer through Just Marry. I booked my photog, cake, hair/makeup, and officiant on my own BUT I included my planner in all the emails I sent to those vendors.

Just Marry knows and books reputable vendors. I highly suggest going with them for floral and music. If you are looking for some other vendor recommendations, let us know!

PS. are you on Facebook? Join our group! We also have a Swan and Dolphin group if you're interested in joining that!
Thanks! I'll probably join the Facebook group(s) when I have more to contribute to the discussion. When we get back from our November visit, perhaps I'll have a better idea of what I'm doing.

A lot of you have mentioned cake vendors. Is that something that the restaurants or the hotel kitchens will provide? I presume if I ordered a cake from an outside vendor, bluezoo wouldn't store it in their kitchen to serve after dinner. For those of you who ordered cakes elsewhere, when and where did you serve them?

♥ Melissa
Old 09-23-2012, 01:44 PM   #763
bluedevilinaz
DIS Veteran

Hey ladies! So I know its kind of unorthodox for the groom to post(hold off on the torches and pitch forks. I promise I won't give away your secrets ) but my wife isn't into the whole message board thing. We're looking into getting married(although, I think it might qualify more as a vow renewal since we did the JoP in May) in October 2013 at the Swolphin. There will be upwards of 30 people attending and DFTW was just too expensive! I dunno how I managed to convince her to do a WDW wedding but I'm not complaining! I've been lurking around the wedding boards for awhile and ya'll have given us some great ideas. We're still VERY early in the planning stages and probably won't book a date until Jan/Feb. We'll be hiring an outside photographer and we're still debating on whether to do professional video or not. She wants minimal flowers. I'm definitely glad to see the chairs are included! That was a huge expense when we were planning it for a different location. Anyways, I'll go back to lurking away now.

-Brett
Old 09-23-2012, 04:03 PM   #764
sarahb01
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilinaz View Post
Hey ladies! So I know its kind of unorthodox for the groom to post(hold off on the torches and pitch forks. I promise I won't give away your secrets ) but my wife isn't into the whole message board thing. We're looking into getting married(although, I think it might qualify more as a vow renewal since we did the JoP in May) in October 2013 at the Swolphin. There will be upwards of 30 people attending and DFTW was just too expensive! I dunno how I managed to convince her to do a WDW wedding but I'm not complaining! I've been lurking around the wedding boards for awhile and ya'll have given us some great ideas. We're still VERY early in the planning stages and probably won't book a date until Jan/Feb. We'll be hiring an outside photographer and we're still debating on whether to do professional video or not. She wants minimal flowers. I'm definitely glad to see the chairs are included! That was a huge expense when we were planning it for a different location. Anyways, I'll go back to lurking away now.

-Brett
Welcome Brett! It is okay for you to post here, we don't mind. We just booked our date for September 2013 last month, and are in the early stages. Yeah, I went for a visit a few weeks ago, and I made sure to ask about the chairs. I didn't want that extra expense to be sneak up on me.

Glad to have you here!
Old 09-23-2012, 05:21 PM   #765
MrsDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Melissa View Post
Thanks! I'll probably join the Facebook group(s) when I have more to contribute to the discussion. When we get back from our November visit, perhaps I'll have a better idea of what I'm doing.

A lot of you have mentioned cake vendors. Is that something that the restaurants or the hotel kitchens will provide? I presume if I ordered a cake from an outside vendor, bluezoo wouldn't store it in their kitchen to serve after dinner. For those of you who ordered cakes elsewhere, when and where did you serve them?
The S/D will make a cake for you, and they are gorgeous but ridiculously pricey. Most of us use It's Tasty Too, an affordable, delicious, and gorgeous bakery in Orlando!

Shannon, who got married Friday, served her cake right after the ceremony. I am serving mine at our reception that we're holding at the Garden Grove. Many of us do it at the reception or right after the ceremony.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilinaz View Post

-Brett
Welcome Brett!! It's always fun to have some testosterone around here! Feel free to jump on in and join our FB groups!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: