Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-12-2012, 10:35 AM   #736
MrsDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunflowerptl View Post
Thank you Faith for the referral of Regina Hyman...I have been in contact with her and have decided to have her as our photographer!!!
Isn't she wonderful?! No problem!
MrsDuck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 11:53 PM   #737
DisneyEverAfters
Disney Planner

Finally joined! Hey there everyone! Excited to meet new Swan & Dolphin Disney brides!
Disney Store Cast Member
Disney Vacation Club Member
Swan & Dolphin Disney Bride - 6.3.11

Our Swan & Dolphin Disney Wedding Video

Our Swan & Dolphin Disney Wedding Photos
DisneyEverAfters is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-26-2012, 06:34 AM   #738
tinkerbell 766
If I can't fly, let me sing. Or, in other words if I can't be in Disney, let me talk about it !
DLRP is quite simply my spiritual home

A warm welcome sweetie!!!!!

tinkerbell 766 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 08:11 AM   #739
MrsDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyEverAfters
Finally joined! Hey there everyone! Excited to meet new Swan & Dolphin Disney brides!
Yay! Glad you're here Michelle!
Old 08-23-2012, 10:12 AM   #740
mlb436
Earning My Ears

Smile Video help

Hey Everyone! I've been reading this thread for a while but have not posted until now. My fiance proposed this past January in MK after Wishes (he actually posted on DISboards asking for ideas of where to pop the question - good thing I wasn't a member then because it would've ruined the surprise! ) and we are planning a Swan wedding in approxiimately 2 years. You all have been a wealth of information thus far which has made the planning go so much easier but I did have two questions.

1) Does anyone have any recommendations for videographers? I have checked out several of the photographers you have recommended and loved their work but haven't heard much talk about videographers here.

2) Does anyone know the turn-around time on a video of the wedding ceremony? Ideally, we'd like to get married one weekend in Florida and have our reception 2-3 weeks later at home and show a video of the ceremony at that time. Anyone know if this is at all feasible?

Thanks for any help you can offer!
mlb436 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 11:22 PM   #741
sarahb01
Mouseketeer

Welcome!!

I can't really answer your questions, but I would like to say welcome to our little Swan family!
Old 08-25-2012, 06:43 PM   #742
ShanaMouse
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlb436 View Post
Hey Everyone! I've been reading this thread for a while but have not posted until now. My fiance proposed this past January in MK after Wishes (he actually posted on DISboards asking for ideas of where to pop the question - good thing I wasn't a member then because it would've ruined the surprise! ) and we are planning a Swan wedding in approxiimately 2 years. You all have been a wealth of information thus far which has made the planning go so much easier but I did have two questions.

1) Does anyone have any recommendations for videographers? I have checked out several of the photographers you have recommended and loved their work but haven't heard much talk about videographers here.

2) Does anyone know the turn-around time on a video of the wedding ceremony? Ideally, we'd like to get married one weekend in Florida and have our reception 2-3 weeks later at home and show a video of the ceremony at that time. Anyone know if this is at all feasible?

Thanks for any help you can offer!
Hi and Welcome!
I am currently planning my wedding and have actually just started to look at videographers. There are definitely very nice ones out there, but it is also a money question. Personally, I have contacted Stan at STVS video and he is extremely nice and has wonderful wedding videos (you can see them on their facebook page). Also, he works directly with Randy Chapman, a photographer, and they have very very reasonable packages and pricing for combined and individual services.
Another one I contacted was Simply Cinematic. Their videos are amazing, but they also cost a lot more. I contacted them and they have given me some options that are a little more fitting for my budget, but I am very tempted and leaning towards STVS, as I can combine it with a photographer, being that videography was initially not really on my list of "must haves". I think, generally, videography would run you about $2k or so, from what I have seen, especially if you want them around for the entire day, which is generally like 10 hours.

As far as turn around is concerend, I know Simply Cinematic, if memory serves me right, does same day edits, but its like $1750. I think it usually takes about a month or more, so I am not sure if you would be able to have an edited video back in time for the at-home reception.

I hope this helps! Happy planning
ShanaMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 10:53 AM   #743
tinkerbell 766
If I can't fly, let me sing. Or, in other words if I can't be in Disney, let me talk about it !

Welcome mlb436!!!!
We are a very friendly sisterhood and will help all we can with any questions or queries.
Happy planning sweetie!!!!

Old 08-27-2012, 08:25 AM   #744
MrsDuck
DIS Veteran

We are using Just Marry's vendor, PD Weddings. I love their work! Not sure about turnaround time though.

Welcome!
Old 08-30-2012, 03:29 PM   #745
Lilu86
Earning My Ears

Beautiful video! Was this a justmarry vendor?

Lilu86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 03:33 PM   #746
Lilu86
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyEverAfters View Post
Beautiful video! Was this a justmarry vendor? Where planning a September 2013 wedding and am curious to who had the photography/video through justmarry and if they were satisfied with the product?

Lilu86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 08:49 PM   #747
Meg91
Earning My Ears

Question Honest Opinion

I need honest opinion ladies! Here's the ordeal..

Our wedding date is Oct. 24, 2013 at the S&D. Our original plan was to have a reception at one of the restaurants following our ceremony. Now, our plan is to have a celebration of marriage party once we return home to celebrate with everyone. At first we weren't going to have it fully catered but our families want to turn it into more of a formal catered reception. But our families have agreed to help with the cost of the catering since we are paying for our entire wedding ourselves.

We have put the idea out there of not having a reception at all in Florida to cut costs for the at home reception. However, we thought about having a cake & champagne reception after the ceremony and then finding a fun way to celebrate as a group.

As a guest of a wedding, after traveling to Florida would you find it rude not to be fed a warm meal? We asked our immediate family and they do not care but I am worried about what other guests would think. If we decide to just go with a cake & champagne reception, should I warn guests prior to booking their trip that there will not be a sit down reception to follow?

Please, HELP!
Meg91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 08:56 PM   #748
ShanaMouse
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meg91 View Post

Our wedding date is Oct. 24, 2013 at the S&D. Our original plan was to have a reception at one of the restaurants following our ceremony. Now, our plan is to have a celebration of marriage party once we return home to celebrate with everyone. At first we weren't going to have it fully catered but our families want to turn it into more of a formal catered reception. But our families have agreed to help with the cost of the catering since we are paying for our entire wedding ourselves.

We have put the idea out there of not having a reception at all in Florida to cut costs for the at home reception. However, we thought about having a cake & champagne reception after the ceremony and then finding a fun way to celebrate as a group.

As a guest of a wedding, after traveling to Florida would you find it rude not to be fed a warm meal? We asked our immediate family and they do not care but I am worried about what other guests would think. If we decide to just go with a cake & champagne reception, should I warn guests prior to booking their trip that there will not be a sit down reception to follow?

Please, HELP!
I definitely understand trying to cut costs. I, personally, wouldnt think its rude not to be fed a warm meal. I mean all that matters is that you do what you want on this special day.
I think people may expect a meal, but thats why I would add to the invitation: "cake and champagne reception immediately following the ceremony". Then you all can go to the Atlantic Dancehall or Jellyrolls and just have a good time. Weddings are always portrayed as being a ceremony and formal reception, but nowadays its whatever you want to do.
ShanaMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 06:01 AM   #749
sarahb01
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meg91 View Post

Please, HELP!
I don't think it is rude, but I would just be concerned with what time the wedding is. For instance, if it is at say 4 or 5 pm, it may be more expected. I also think that you would need to put it on the invite.

We are not having a dinner, we are having a dessert party. Our wedding is at 7pm, and I am putting on the invite, that there will be dessert reception following. I hope that people understand that way that there is no dinner. I think as long as everyone knows ahead of time not to expect one, you should be good to go.
Old 09-04-2012, 07:41 AM   #750
tinkerbell 766

I do not think it is rude at all!!!! If guests know the situation beforehand, they will know what to expect. State clearly that the official reception will be on your return home.
That said, I assume that you will have to eat somewhere that day, so why not plan a meal at a restaurant in the evening and add it to your events as an optional extra? Make I it clear that, whilst you would be thrilled to have your guests join you for this meal, they would be finacing it themselves, and you will not be offended if they decline to join you, but will look forward to celebrating with them at the 'at home' reception.
Just an idea!!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: