Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-09-2012, 07:30 PM   #676
Jilian
DIS Veteran

We used petals by design and the prices were really good and our flowers turned out beautifully. We booked them through Karen and it was around $630 for my bouquet (bridesmaid size), 2 arrangments, 2 pedestals rented to hold the arrangements, and 3 bouts all delivered and set up.

Adventures in vow renewal planning! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2727345
Jilian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 04:28 AM   #677
jessiegirl84
Mouseketeer

Thanks so much ladies for your thoughts about the flowers. I think we will go through Just Marry. I was considering doing it myself but I do think its just going to be easier to have someone else arrange it so I won't have to worry about it.

Speaking of which, after I was doing my budget today, we are getting up around $16k so now I am second guessing myself that maybe I should enquire into the FairyTale Disney Wedding, I am really confused and starting to second guess my choices.

Jess & Dave - 2 Aussies engaged and married in the most magical place on earth!
jessiegirl84 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-14-2012, 07:13 AM   #678
MrsDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessiegirl84 View Post
Thanks so much ladies for your thoughts about the flowers. I think we will go through Just Marry. I was considering doing it myself but I do think its just going to be easier to have someone else arrange it so I won't have to worry about it.

Speaking of which, after I was doing my budget today, we are getting up around $16k so now I am second guessing myself that maybe I should enquire into the FairyTale Disney Wedding, I am really confused and starting to second guess my choices.
Jessie: it may help to sit down and take on the daunting task of comparing how much it would cost you to get what you want at DFTW. You may find that you won't get nearly as much as you're getting for $16k now from DFTW.

OR, feel free to post what you're doing and we can try to suggest alternatives/budget saving ideas.

Keep in mind that you're going to consider DFTW you will have to meet a minimum of $20k for a Saturday wedding (I believe).

We are pretty much in the same boat as you (our budget is $10k but when it's all said and done we know it will be more around the $13-15k range) but found that the same wedding would be costing us a lot more if we went through DFTW.
MrsDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 12:19 PM   #679
minniebride
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsDuck View Post
I'm booked with Greenery Productions! I've stalked their website and I love their work!

Just Marry also frequently uses Petals by Design who also do an amazing job!

Honestly, I'd just let your planner book the florist-- they know what's going on!
I used Greenery Productions for our Swan wedding, at the recommendation from Karen, our JM planner. Tommy Murphy was FANTASTIC & a sweetheart to work with. Our flowers & table linens came out gorgeous-far exceeded our expectations! I would recommend Greenery Productions anytime
minniebride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 01:03 PM   #680
disneycaptain
Earning My Ears

brunch question

please ignore.

Last edited by disneycaptain; 05-18-2012 at 01:20 PM. Reason: found an answer to my question
disneycaptain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 04:45 PM   #681
ShanaMouse
Mouseketeer

hi everyone,
i have been lurking on here for quite some time. My fiance and i went to visit the Swan and Dolphin resorts today and loved it.

I wanted to know, is there a guest limit? We are planning on inviting about 60 people or so (waaaay beyond the ESCAPE DFTW), but are on a limited budget, which is why we are looking into the S/D wedding now.

Thanks a bunch!
ShanaMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 07:07 PM   #682
sarahb01
Mouseketeer

Hi and welcome!

There is no guest limit! I think the only place you can't have 60 people is the at West courtyard, I believe. I was also told they usually only let you use Lakeside terrace if you have 200 or more people.

The guest count is the main reason we went with S/D. We knew we wanted to invite around 50-60, and I knew I couldn't have that many for my budget through DTFW.
Old 05-20-2012, 09:15 AM   #683
minniebride
DIS Veteran

We had around 55 guests for a lovely Crescent Terrace ceremony, West Courtyard cocktail hour, and one of the reception rooms for our reception. They were very accommodating to our party size and there was no guest limit that had any affect on price.....aside from your regular per person food prices.

Best things about having a Swan wedding are their flexibility with vendors and their more personalized communication and attention.....something that seems to be seriously lacking with DFTW, according to the many PJs I've read on here. Our planner and caterer made it very welcoming for us to contact them and meet with them as many times as we needed without extra fees or hassles. They it back to us right away all the time. That, in itself, made the planning so much easier and virtually stress-free!
Old 05-21-2012, 05:47 AM   #684
tinkerbell 766
If I can't fly, let me sing. Or, in other words if I can't be in Disney, let me talk about it !
DLRP is quite simply my spiritual home

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaMouse View Post
hi everyone,
i have been lurking on here for quite some time. My fiance and i went to visit the Swan and Dolphin resorts today and loved it.

I wanted to know, is there a guest limit? We are planning on inviting about 60 people or so (waaaay beyond the ESCAPE DFTW), but are on a limited budget, which is why we are looking into the S/D wedding now.

Thanks a bunch!
Hi sweetie and welcome!!! I fully endorse everything the other girls have said!!! There will be no problems with your guest count at the S/D. It is a very wise choice for a wedding at WDW.
We are a friendly bunch and will be very happy to answer any questions or queries you may have. There won't be many questions we can't answer between us!!
Welcome to our little, exclusive group and happy planning!!!

tinkerbell 766 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 07:49 AM   #685
MrsDuck
DIS Veteran

It sounds like you and I are having a similar wedding! We are having ~60 people with a full dinner at one of the S/D's restaurants and we are paying $10k for EVERYTHING (except our honeymoon and my dress). That would've never been possible with DFTW! S/D is the best!

Ditto the ladies-- there is no guest count max for the resort; there are just certain areas.

It seems that the average wedding "fits" at Crescent Terrace but the courtyard is just gorgeous for smaller weddings and Lakeside Terrace is great for large large weddings!
Old 05-21-2012, 09:11 AM   #686
Icecoldpenguin
May the Force Be With You

I agree with everyone here I invited about 60 people. In the end we are only having right around 30 and we will be using crescent terrace. I think the venues at the S/D are great and are accommodating for all sizes. Here you will find brides that have used all 3 venues, receptions in S/D ballrooms, receptions at S/D restaurants, cake cuttings and no receptions and people like me that are using a different restaurant on disney property all together. There are some of us that have done dessert parties through disney's catered events, some of us that have had room blocks and there are some of us that have done the all inclusive packages with the swan and just marry. There is a lot of variety and we can definitely help you get whatever type of wedding you want.

My wedding which is at Crescent Terrace/Fulton's Crab House & The Grand Floridian Marina is going to cost us about $15,000 for 32 people. I would not have been able to accomplish this at disney with the venues that I wanted if I had gone with DFTW. The best thing about the swan is that I am in love with all of our venues/vendors and our planner. Diana has become one of my very good and close friends.

You will love it

Teresa

TRIPS:
Now a Florida Resident and Visiting as much as possible!
All 5 SWW 2014 Turkey Day '13 VWL, Labor Day '13, May '13/June '13-SWW 1,3 & 4 May '13-Disneyland, Nov '12-Pop, Oct '12 Swan, Jun/Jul '12 Disney World Wedding/Honeymoon, Dec '11 Wilderness Lodge, Oct '11 Poly, June '11-ASMo, June '10 ASMu, 2000 Offsite
Icecoldpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 04:16 PM   #687
AvasMommy526
Mouseketeer

New bride to be!

Hello Ladies! I have been reading all your posts the last couple days and soooo have my heart set on a S/D wedding! My wonderful fiancé and I, my parents and a few others were planning on taking our daughter to Disney for her 2nd birthday, May 2013, and now we are recently engaged and have always dreamed of a destination wedding with an at home reception for our large group of family and friends later in the summer! Needless to say, I am now set on Disney during her brithday trip and just adore the Swan and Dolphin! I contacted Karen at justmarry.com yesterday, does anyone know how long it usually takes for the initial response? I'm so excited that I can't wait! Our plan was to have the ceremony at S/D with some flowers and a musician and photos (I'm set on Randy Chapman based on all your suggestions!) and then host a dinner at one of the many wonderful Disney restaurants, I'm not sure which one so any suggestions there would be helpful! I didn't want to do a full reception, just a nice dinner and have a wedding cake at the resturant we chose, if that is possible! Also, looking into a dessert party, but I wanted to do that maybe on the evening of our daughters birthday for all our guests, when I looked into it, it said we could have it on the Tomorrowland Terrece and it is around 30/adult and 15/child but on here I saw it was much more, is that for a private room?
Any suggestions and tips would be so helpful, we are so happy and excited! Thank you, Nicole
AvasMommy526 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 07:03 PM   #688
minniebride
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvasMommy526 View Post
Hello Ladies! I have been reading all your posts the last couple days and soooo have my heart set on a S/D wedding! My wonderful fiancé and I, my parents and a few others were planning on taking our daughter to Disney for her 2nd birthday, May 2013, and now we are recently engaged and have always dreamed of a destination wedding with an at home reception for our large group of family and friends later in the summer! Needless to say, I am now set on Disney during her brithday trip and just adore the Swan and Dolphin! I contacted Karen at justmarry.com yesterday, does anyone know how long it usually takes for the initial response? I'm so excited that I can't wait! Our plan was to have the ceremony at S/D with some flowers and a musician and photos (I'm set on Randy Chapman based on all your suggestions!) and then host a dinner at one of the many wonderful Disney restaurants, I'm not sure which one so any suggestions there would be helpful! I didn't want to do a full reception, just a nice dinner and have a wedding cake at the resturant we chose, if that is possible! Also, looking into a dessert party, but I wanted to do that maybe on the evening of our daughters birthday for all our guests, when I looked into it, it said we could have it on the Tomorrowland Terrece and it is around 30/adult and 15/child but on here I saw it was much more, is that for a private room?
Any suggestions and tips would be so helpful, we are so happy and excited! Thank you, Nicole
Congratulations!!!

You will absolutely adore Karen from Just Marry-she is the best planner anyone could ever ask for! In my experience, she was really fast at responding, so I'm sure you will hear from her shortly!!

I wasn't aware you could book a private dessert party at Tomorrowland Terrace, but I know you can book space at the public event that they offer. We had our dessert party at Epcot-at the french lower terrace-and it was incredible!! The view of the fireworks was beautiful & Disney private events did a fantastic job with the set up & the food.

Happy planning!! Having a Swan wedding was the best decision we ever made!!
Old 05-30-2012, 07:43 PM   #689
AvasMommy526
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by minniebride View Post
Congratulations!!!

You will absolutely adore Karen from Just Marry-she is the best planner anyone could ever ask for! In my experience, she was really fast at responding, so I'm sure you will hear from her shortly!!

I wasn't aware you could book a private dessert party at Tomorrowland Terrace, but I know you can book space at the public event that they offer. We had our dessert party at Epcot-at the french lower terrace-and it was incredible!! The view of the fireworks was beautiful & Disney private events did a fantastic job with the set up & the food.

Happy planning!! Having a Swan wedding was the best decision we ever made!!

Thank you!! I am just so excited and when I have a plan in my head I like to just dive right in!! Hearing all of the stories, I truly believe this will be my dream

As for the dessert party, I did mean to say that the one I came across for the 30/adult was part of the public reservations you can make lol! The more expensive prices I came across on some of the posts were for private DP's? and if so are they booked through the Disney private events you mentioned? Thanks
AvasMommy526 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 07:15 AM   #690
MrsDuck
DIS Veteran

Welcome!!

Your plans sound wonderful! Very excited for you!!

Just so you know, you cannot wear your wedding dress into any park or any DFTW exclusive venue-- if that's something that matters to you, you may want to take it into consideration when hunting for restaurants!

I'm really no help with the DPs but let me know if you have any other questions!!

PS. Use It's Tasty Too for your cake-- you'll love it!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: