Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-31-2012, 07:41 AM   #631
steph0188
Mouseketeer

I read somewhere about confetti not being allowed, is this true? Are you allowed to order fresh petals to throw instead? Thanks
steph0188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 08:42 AM   #632
tinkerbell 766
If I can't fly, let me sing. Or, in other words if I can't be in Disney, let me talk about it !
DLRP is quite simply my spiritual home

Hi sweetie!!
If you settle on a S/D wedding you will be fine!! Karen said that we could more or less chuck whatever we wanted!!!! She did say, however, that the more 'environmentally friendly', the better.
We ended up with a mixture of rose petals and these little paper hearts I purchased from Etsy

My hearts were cut from my two favourite childhood books 'Peter Pan' and 'Alice in Wonderland', which are, of course, also beloved Disney Classics. My ladies tea party, on the day before the VR, had also been themed after the classic illustrations from 'Alice in Wonderland', so it all seemed to fit perfectly!! I ordered freeze dried rose petals here in the UK, and took them to Florida with me in the box they came in.

I was thrilled with the way it all worked as the paper hearts fluttered to the ground much slower than the rose petals and so it made for good photos!!!

I put a mixture of the hearts and the rose petals in little satin bags and added a Mickey head rhinestone charm to each.

They were laid out, for our guests, on the ceremony chairs, along with our paddle fans and order of service programmes.

I think DFTW have some very strict rules about confetti, but the S/D are more easy going on this issue!!!!

Last edited by tinkerbell 766; 03-31-2012 at 08:51 AM.
tinkerbell 766 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-31-2012, 08:50 AM   #633
steph0188
Mouseketeer

Oh this is so good to know Thank you so much!
I have been thinking about little boxes or little bags (similar to yours) that I can stamp something on & have the confetti in there.
The hearts are gorgeous, and such a lovely idea. I was thinking about fake petals, but probably not the best for the environment x
Old 03-31-2012, 10:02 AM   #634
Icecoldpenguin
May the Force Be With You

I got the ok to throw fruity pebbles cereal.

Teresa

TRIPS:
Now a Florida Resident and Visiting as much as possible!
All 5 SWW 2014 Turkey Day '13 VWL, Labor Day '13, May '13/June '13-SWW 1,3 & 4 May '13-Disneyland, Nov '12-Pop, Oct '12 Swan, Jun/Jul '12 Disney World Wedding/Honeymoon, Dec '11 Wilderness Lodge, Oct '11 Poly, June '11-ASMo, June '10 ASMu, 2000 Offsite
Icecoldpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 10:14 AM   #635
steph0188
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icecoldpenguin View Post
I got the ok to throw fruity pebbles cereal.

Teresa
Did they say that you were allowed anything else?
x
Old 03-31-2012, 02:15 PM   #636
MrsDuck
DIS Veteran

I was told you can throw anything!
MrsDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 02:19 PM   #637
steph0188
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsDuck View Post
Thank you Good to know! xxx
Old 04-02-2012, 03:41 PM   #638
steph0188
Mouseketeer

Hello again
Another question from me....
Does S&D offer discount for the wedding guests and bride/groom?
It seems to be a little vague from what I've read/heard

tia x
Old 04-04-2012, 10:48 PM   #639
Meg91
Earning My Ears

Red face

Hey ladies! I've been lurking on this board for a few days now and I figured i'd join in on the fun. My fiance and I have decided to toss the DFTW plans out the window and we're jumping on the S&D wedding boat. I don't know, I guess you could say i'm a bit overwhelmed with all the information and decisions i've come across in the past few days. We already have a date set, we want to do an early evening wedding with a cake and champagne celebration afterwards.

My main questions are, afterwards would we be able to go over to the BoardWalk Resort and Down Town Disney in our formal attire for pictures? Second, it's been a tradition every year to attend MNSSHP and if our wedding would happen to fall on a party night, we wanted to attend. Would we be able to wear our formal wear in as our 'costumes?'
Meg91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 11:02 PM   #640
Icecoldpenguin
May the Force Be With You

Quote:
Originally Posted by steph0188 View Post
Did they say that you were allowed anything else?
x
You can throw anything but they prefer stuff that is not harmful to the environment

Quote:
Hello again

tia x
You can get a room block or a discount but I am not sure how that works

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meg91 View Post
Hey ladies! I've been lurking on this board for a few days now and I figured i'd join in on the fun. My fiance and I have decided to toss the DFTW plans out the window and we're jumping on the S&D wedding boat. I don't know, I guess you could say i'm a bit overwhelmed with all the information and decisions i've come across in the past few days. We already have a date set, we want to do an early evening wedding with a cake and champagne celebration afterwards.

My main questions are, afterwards would we be able to go over to the BoardWalk Resort and Down Town Disney in our formal attire for pictures? Second, it's been a tradition every year to attend MNSSHP and if our wedding would happen to fall on a party night, we wanted to attend. Would we be able to wear our formal wear in as our 'costumes?'
You can go to any of the resorts and you can go to down town disney We will be going to downtown disney since our reception is there. And I doubt they will let you in wearing your formal attire even if it is MNSSHP

Teresa

TRIPS:
Now a Florida Resident and Visiting as much as possible!
All 5 SWW 2014 Turkey Day '13 VWL, Labor Day '13, May '13/June '13-SWW 1,3 & 4 May '13-Disneyland, Nov '12-Pop, Oct '12 Swan, Jun/Jul '12 Disney World Wedding/Honeymoon, Dec '11 Wilderness Lodge, Oct '11 Poly, June '11-ASMo, June '10 ASMu, 2000 Offsite
Icecoldpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 07:43 AM   #641
MrsDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hello again

tia x
I haven't heard anything about that.. I'd ask your planner but I'm guessing it's a no.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meg91 View Post

Welcome Meg!! S/D is absolutely, positively the BEST way to get married at WDW! I could write a novel about it! Seriously though, you're making a great choice and we're so glad that you're now one of our Swalphin Sisters!

Teresa already answered your questions but I'll chime in as well: you can definitely go to all and any hotels, DTD, or the Boardwalk in your wedding attire!

The great thing about S/D is that it's so close to the Boardwalk and you can get some awesome pictures there!

I'm really not sure about the wedding attire as "costumes"-- honestly, you probably could get away with it especially if you were willing to Halloween your outfits up a bit. OR, it's more likely you could get away with it if it was just you and your fiance wearing the attire and you had your guests put on normal clothes or a costume.

Normally, it's not allowed.
Old 04-05-2012, 12:53 PM   #642
Jilian
DIS Veteran

I think I have heard of people dressing up as brides at MNSSHP but usually their policy is no wedding attire. Personally, I wouldn't do it. You'll make a lot of people really mad. We've had a few posts of people sneaking into MK in wedding attire here and many of the DFTW brides get really upset about it because it seems like cheating. If Disney catches on to what you are doing they have the right to ask you to leave the park and not return and that would be a not-so-fun way to end your wedding day. Plus, you'll likely really ruin your dress if it is a long dress.

Adventures in vow renewal planning! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2727345
Jilian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 02:12 PM   #643
MrsDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jilian View Post
I think I have heard of people dressing up as brides at MNSSHP but usually their policy is no wedding attire. Personally, I wouldn't do it. You'll make a lot of people really mad. We've had a few posts of people sneaking into MK in wedding attire here and many of the DFTW brides get really upset about it because it seems like cheating. If Disney catches on to what you are doing they have the right to ask you to leave the park and not return and that would be a not-so-fun way to end your wedding day. Plus, you'll likely really ruin your dress if it is a long dress.
This is very very true. If you do decide to do this I would recommend not posting about it here on the DIS!
Old 04-05-2012, 05:37 PM   #644
Shannon84
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsDuck View Post
I was told the same even for the beach area as well
Shannon84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 01:51 AM   #645
tinkerbell 766
If I can't fly, let me sing. Or, in other words if I can't be in Disney, let me talk about it !
DLRP is quite simply my spiritual home

Hi Meg sweetie and welcome to our elite little group. I think that you have made a decision that you will not regret!!!
As our other lovely girls have said, you are perfectly entitled to wander around the BW and DD in your wedding attire - anywhere, in fact, but the actual parks.
I agree with the others about not risking going in into MK in your dress. CMs can tell the difference between a 'fake bride' and a real one and things could get difficult!!!!
Welcome, happy planning and keep us up to date with everything!!!!

tinkerbell 766 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: