Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 09-15-2009, 11:45 AM   #46
happybratpack
Just Maryann :)
Hasn't had a curseless WDW trip in 5 years
 
happybratpack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: DFW, Texas
Posts: 3,683

I am trying to get details to compare and make a decision in the next couple days. Does anyone suggest a specific vendor other than Just Marry?

Thanks!
__________________
-Maryann
Facebook
& Pinterest
happybratpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 12:32 PM   #47
DisneyCookie24
Planning my Big Day in the Wonderful World of Disney!
 
DisneyCookie24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Toledo, Ohio
Posts: 83

mee too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by happybratpack View Post
I am trying to get details to compare and make a decision in the next couple days. Does anyone suggest a specific vendor other than Just Marry?

Thanks!
Yes, me too. I am also trying to make up my mind. I really want to have a ceremony at the Swan and Dolphin, but am quite hesitant about using JustMarry after reading DisneyAddict's story. I just emailed the Swan and Dolphin asking for other Wedding Coordinators they may use and suggest. Hopefully they will get back to me soon. I will post what they say when I hear from them!

~Cookie
DisneyCookie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 09-15-2009, 12:39 PM   #48
happybratpack
Just Maryann :)
Hasn't had a curseless WDW trip in 5 years
 
happybratpack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: DFW, Texas
Posts: 3,683

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyCookie24 View Post
Yes, me too. I am also trying to make up my mind. I really want to have a ceremony at the Swan and Dolphin, but am quite hesitant about using JustMarry after reading DisneyAddict's story. I just emailed the Swan and Dolphin asking for other Wedding Coordinators they may use and suggest. Hopefully they will get back to me soon. I will post what they say when I hear from them!

~Cookie
Thanks so much and I'm in the same boat regarding DisneyAddict's story. I'd really appreciate any other names as well. I called the catering department at the S/D and they told me that was the only wedding company they will use.

I figure if we were able to save the money and do it at the Swan we can swing all the "other" stuff we want like a reception and dessert party.
__________________
-Maryann
Facebook
& Pinterest
happybratpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 02:43 PM   #49
jennjones1
Dreaming of my Wedding!!
 
jennjones1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Essex, England
Posts: 98

Hiya Ladies,

I am having a wedding at the swan and dolphin in 4 weeks time!!!

I am not using just marry i have found an independant wedding planner who is organising the flowers, the cake and the officient.

I am using Misty Miotto for my photographer and Beaute speciale for my hair and make up I organised this myself.

The only thing i have been talking to the catering department at the swan and dolphin about is the food and the place the ceremony/reception will take place.

The swan and dolphin were ok with me not using Just Marry.
jennjones1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 02:41 PM   #50
happybratpack
Just Maryann :)
Hasn't had a curseless WDW trip in 5 years
 
happybratpack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: DFW, Texas
Posts: 3,683

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennjones1 View Post
Hiya Ladies,

I am having a wedding at the swan and dolphin in 4 weeks time!!!

I am not using just marry i have found an independant wedding planner who is organising the flowers, the cake and the officient.

I am using Misty Miotto for my photographer and Beaute speciale for my hair and make up I organised this myself.

The only thing i have been talking to the catering department at the swan and dolphin about is the food and the place the ceremony/reception will take place.

The swan and dolphin were ok with me not using Just Marry.
Congrats, can't wait to see your pics!

I found an independent planner as well who I'm really happy with. When I called DFTW to let them know I decided to change my ceremony location I was informed that if I wanted to still have my lunch/reception and dessert party at WDW I would need to meet the Wishes package minimums. (12k for that day) I've left a msg w/ the planner to see if she can help me.
__________________
-Maryann
Facebook
& Pinterest
happybratpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 09:54 AM   #51
DisneyCookie24
Planning my Big Day in the Wonderful World of Disney!
 
DisneyCookie24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Toledo, Ohio
Posts: 83

Quote:
Originally Posted by happybratpack View Post
Thanks so much and I'm in the same boat regarding DisneyAddict's story. I'd really appreciate any other names as well. I called the catering department at the S/D and they told me that was the only wedding company they will use.

I figure if we were able to save the money and do it at the Swan we can swing all the "other" stuff we want like a reception and dessert party.

So far, I haven't heard back from S/D. Go figure. I will have to give them a call and see if they say the same thing to me about Just Marry being the only ones they use.

You are thinking how I am thinking right now, if we do it this way we can save money and have more money for some other fun stuff. I think we are planning on having a dinner reception at Il Mulino at the S/D and so far they have been really helpful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennjones1 View Post
Hiya Ladies,

I am having a wedding at the swan and dolphin in 4 weeks time!!!

I am not using just marry i have found an independant wedding planner who is organising the flowers, the cake and the officient.

I am using Misty Miotto for my photographer and Beaute speciale for my hair and make up I organised this myself.

The only thing i have been talking to the catering department at the swan and dolphin about is the food and the place the ceremony/reception will take place.

The swan and dolphin were ok with me not using Just Marry.
Congrats on your wedding! That is so exciting. I hope you come back and post some pictures, I would LOVE to see them. Thank you for the information, I will definitely checkc out some of the vendors that you listed. Would you mind sharing the independent planner that you are using? I might try and give them a call.

Thanks again! and Congrats!


Quote:
Originally Posted by happybratpack View Post
Congrats, can't wait to see your pics!

I found an independent planner as well who I'm really happy with. When I called DFTW to let them know I decided to change my ceremony location I was informed that if I wanted to still have my lunch/reception and dessert party at WDW I would need to meet the Wishes package minimums. (12k for that day) I've left a msg w/ the planner to see if she can help me.

I hope your planner can help you out with the dessert party. I know that is definitely something that I want to have. I am obsessed with Illuminations and I think thats the only thing that I MUST do outside of the ceremony. I plan on booking a DP as long as I don't go too far over budget with the rest of the wedding. I am not using DFTW, so I wont be able to wear a wedding dress or anything, but I am ok with that. I will be going through the grand gatherings that they have. I will probably just tell them that we are celebrating a family reunion or something. I read your PJ at the end and saw that you are having a hard time still booking that since you are in the "system". Do you have anyone that would maybe be able to call and book it for you? Someone that wouldn't be in the system. That is just awful that they are doing that, I mean really, how can they turn down business like that? Not that they need it or anything, but you think that wouldn't be such a big deal, especially if you agree not to wear a wedding dress. Well, I hope to hear how things go for you.

Good luck with everything!



~Cookie
DisneyCookie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 12:53 PM   #52
missy0107
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 227

Another less expensive option that a lot of people do not know about is Fulton's Crab House. I am planning both my ceremony and reception on their Third Deck. I hired my own vendors and am coordinating most of it myself, but I'm sure you could find a cooridinator willing to work with them as a venue for you. My whole wedding is costing a fraction of even a Swan wedding, and I looked at that option first!

I have to say that when I was working with Just Marry I didn't have any problems during the planning process.
__________________




My PJ: http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2173348

OKW 1/00 - OKW 5/02 - Pop 1/07 - ASMu 1/08 - SSR 1/09 - OKW 12/09 (wedding!)
missy0107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 12:54 PM   #53
DisneyCookie24
Planning my Big Day in the Wonderful World of Disney!
 
DisneyCookie24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Toledo, Ohio
Posts: 83

Reply from S/D about Just Marry

Well, I just got my reply from S/D and they said that other than for international brides, they do not work with anyone other than Just Marry.

They must be under contract and truly cannot give other names... I guess that's just how the business works. I am definitely pleased so far with the planner that you have mentioned. I am waiting for quotes right now, and hopefully soon I can actually book something. I am just so anxious to make the date official!

Best of Luck!

Cookie
DisneyCookie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 01:10 PM   #54
happybratpack
Just Maryann :)
Hasn't had a curseless WDW trip in 5 years
 
happybratpack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: DFW, Texas
Posts: 3,683

Quote:
Originally Posted by missy0107 View Post
Another less expensive option that a lot of people do not know about is Fulton's Crab House. I am planning both my ceremony and reception on their Third Deck. I hired my own vendors and am coordinating most of it myself, but I'm sure you could find a cooridinator willing to work with them as a venue for you. My whole wedding is costing a fraction of even a Swan wedding, and I looked at that option first!

I have to say that when I was working with Just Marry I didn't have any problems during the planning process.
I saw your pj and love what you're doing! I requested reception info from Fulton's a couple days ago but haven't heard back. Are there more than the few stock photos somewhere online?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyCookie24 View Post
Well, I just got my reply from S/D and they said that other than for international brides, they do not work with anyone other than Just Marry.

They must be under contract and truly cannot give other names... I guess that's just how the business works. I am definitely pleased so far with the planner that you have mentioned. I am waiting for quotes right now, and hopefully soon I can actually book something. I am just so anxious to make the date official!

Best of Luck!

Cookie
Good..I hope something works out for you!
__________________
-Maryann
Facebook
& Pinterest
happybratpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 02:46 PM   #55
DisneyCookie24
Planning my Big Day in the Wonderful World of Disney!
 
DisneyCookie24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Toledo, Ohio
Posts: 83

Quote:
Originally Posted by missy0107 View Post
Another less expensive option that a lot of people do not know about is Fulton's Crab House. I am planning both my ceremony and reception on their Third Deck. I hired my own vendors and am coordinating most of it myself, but I'm sure you could find a cooridinator willing to work with them as a venue for you. My whole wedding is costing a fraction of even a Swan wedding, and I looked at that option first!

I have to say that when I was working with Just Marry I didn't have any problems during the planning process.
Thank you for this idea! I love it and am checking them out now... Oh man, I have changed my mind sooo many times on this so far... haha, the joys of being a bride!

So far I really havent had any problems with Just Marry, they have been helpful and very offering of their information, so I definitely appreciate that. I just heard some mixed reviews and wanted to see my other options. There are bound to be mixed reviews on every vendor out there...
DisneyCookie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 08:19 PM   #56
missy0107
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 227

Quote:
Originally Posted by happybratpack View Post
I saw your pj and love what you're doing! I requested reception info from Fulton's a couple days ago but haven't heard back. Are there more than the few stock photos somewhere online?
No more photos online, I got some directly with Fulton's. I would call Fulton's again, it took me two calls to get in touch with someone but once I did they were always a quick email away!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyCookie24 View Post
Thank you for this idea! I love it and am checking them out now... Oh man, I have changed my mind sooo many times on this so far... haha, the joys of being a bride!
I changed my mind a lot too, I was able to get a lot more for my money!
__________________




My PJ: http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2173348

OKW 1/00 - OKW 5/02 - Pop 1/07 - ASMu 1/08 - SSR 1/09 - OKW 12/09 (wedding!)
missy0107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 11:14 AM   #57
ellepollock
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1

Smile JustMarry! S&D

Hi all - I just want to encourage you all to stay positive and not let one person's experience deter you.

I worked with JM this past spring and my wedding coordinator was fabulous as well as my wedding. I will continue to refer people to JustMarry! b/c they are reputable and will work with you to make sure everything is perfect.

I work along side the industry and know first hand that there are things that coordinators/planners cannot control (photography coming out bad or catering turning out wrong) these types of instances are not the planning companies fault, it is the vendors you choose - so choose wisely!

Also, know that if a hotel is referring a particular vendor it is b/c they are trusted as the best professional out there. If JM wasn't of this calibre - over 170+ brides wouldn't have used them and are continuing to do so.

Again, I cannot say enough good things about JM - my advice to you is try not to believe everything you read on these boards and stay positive!

Happy Planning!
ellepollock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 11:15 AM   #58
c_sunnyday
Finally have my Prince Charming
 
c_sunnyday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: now in South Florida amazon jungle
Posts: 23

Can anybody post any reception pictures in the reception rooms (not the restaurants). We are considering possibly having a reception there. Thanks in advance
c_sunnyday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 06:12 PM   #59
MyMelody
Mouseketeer
 
MyMelody's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 330

Hi!!!


I am getting married December 12 and I totally LOVE my planner...

She was recommended to me by an employee of the Swan and I can not say anything bad about her... She is amazing!!! I am so excited to be near the end of all the planning and she has been nothing but great help!
__________________
MyMelody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 11:10 AM   #60
Lovely Style
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 3

Hello there! I also got married at the Swan in Sept 05! It was just beautiful there! I have pictures posted as well on this site and pictures of the Crescent Terr if that's the site you are getting married at. Just look around and ask questions. If you need any info or more pics perhaps we have some of those too!
Lovely Style is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:17 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: