Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-16-2008, 07:43 PM   #31
grover
DIS VETERAN
SUPERSCRAPBOOKER
DISNEY ON THE BRAIN
BRIDEZILLA I'M NOT

Quote:
Originally Posted by perla75 View Post
Can I buy my own Mickey & Minnie cake topper & add it to a S/D cake or is that not allowed?
this is what I did :-)
POP CENTURY OCT 2004,
POFQ Nov 2006, POP Century 2006,
POFQ May 2009
, POR May 2009, POR Oct 2011, POR Oct 2013, CB Oct 2014
AKL & CS Dec 2014

grover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 07:33 PM   #32
DeeCee735
"How Do You Know of the Key?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bestla View Post
I figured I would give some updated information on Swan/Dolphin weddings. I'm planning for a super small wedding (less than 10), and we're on a budget, so I recently contacted them about their "Intimate" packages.

I should also mention--don't call Swan/Dolphin for anything wedding related EXCEPT catering. For all wedding planning, they will immediately refer you to Just Marry (the person I spoke with there was super nice!).

$1600 is the base price for a wedding at the Swan/Dolphin. This gets you the bare bones--it secures the location and provides a wedding coordinator.This does not include an officiant--so of course the price will depend on who you choose.
I contacted them today. JustMarry got back to me via email. I am astounded at the ridiculous prices through Disney Fairy Tale Weddings and through JustMarry. My husband and I want to do a very simple vow renewal for our 25th anniversary. Our party size is 5 people, including us, my two 19 year old kids and my daughters boyfriend. We just wanted a location (I really like Crescent Terrace), an officiant ,a champagne toast (1 small bottle of 6 glasses), a small cake (I'd provide the topper), and a small bouquet flowers for myself and my daugther (buttoniere's not necessary). No music, no transportation, no photography. How long could this take? 20 minutes, maybe 1/2 hour?? The cost to them of such a service is minimal, the officiant being the most expensive I'd imagine.
The price they start at thru Disney $4500!! with nothing taken off for what you don't use, Swan & Dolphin $2822! I thought this was a place where wishes came true, but they leave off wishes come true after you get ripped off!
I can't believe they don't offer something more "economical" to accomodate this type of service. We wanted to do the service, cut the cake, do the toast and have dinner at Yachtsman Steakhouse, but $2822?? I could pay for the entire vacation with that much money(DVC members, no accommodation costs). I was willing to pay the $1500 I originally read about, then I read another post that said it was $1600 inclusive of the above things I wanted, but $2822? or $4500? for a simple vow renewal? I think that's nuts.
So, we are most likely not doing this at all, maybe dinner and a specially made cake and that it's - what a shame - we both thought this would be such a great way to celebrate our 25 years of marriage, with our kids "standing up for us" too. So much for this dream....

AKV 11/14,AKV 6/14,VWL5/14,BWV 2/14,BWV 11/13, AKV 10/13,AKV/BWV 3/13,AKV 2/13,BWV 12/12 SEDONA RCI TRADE 4/12,BWV 2/12, OFFSITE 12/11,AKV11/11,DREAM/BWV 4/11, AKV 2/11, SSR 1/11, BWV 6/10, HH 3/10, AKV/BWV1/10,AKV11/09, OKW 3/09, BWV 1/09, BWV 10/08,AKV/BWV/HHI/CHARLESTON PL 4/08,BWV 9/07, HH 4/07, BWV 2/06, BWV 10/05, OKW 2/05,BWV 3/04,BWV 10/03, BWV 2/03, BWV4/02,Wonder&BWV2/01,BWV 5/00,Offsite2/00,WL/CS98,Poly 6/95
DeeCee735 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-30-2008, 07:41 PM   #33
XmasPixie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeCee735 View Post
I contacted them today. JustMarry got back to me via email. I am astounded at the ridiculous prices through Disney Fairy Tale Weddings and through JustMarry. My husband and I want to do a very simple vow renewal for our 25th anniversary. Our party size is 5 people, including us, my two 19 year old kids and my daughters boyfriend. We just wanted a location (I really like Crescent Terrace), an officiant ,a champagne toast (1 small bottle of 6 glasses), a small cake (I'd provide the topper), and a small bouquet flowers for myself and my daugther (buttoniere's not necessary). No music, no transportation, no photography. How long could this take? 20 minutes, maybe 1/2 hour?? The cost to them of such a service is minimal, the officiant being the most expensive I'd imagine.
The price they start at thru Disney $4500!! with nothing taken off for what you don't use, Swan & Dolphin $2822! I thought this was a place where wishes came true, but they leave off wishes come true after you get ripped off!
I can't believe they don't offer something more "economical" to accomodate this type of service. We wanted to do the service, cut the cake, do the toast and have dinner at Yachtsman Steakhouse, but $2822?? I could pay for the entire vacation with that much money(DVC members, no accommodation costs). I was willing to pay the $1500 I originally read about, then I read another post that said it was $1600 inclusive of the above things I wanted, but $2822? or $4500? for a simple vow renewal? I think that's nuts.
So, we are most likely not doing this at all, maybe dinner and a specially made cake and that it's - what a shame - we both thought this would be such a great way to celebrate our 25 years of marriage, with our kids "standing up for us" too. So much for this dream....
I agree that prices are very high if you are just looking to do something simple without all the hoopla. But don't give up, I think there are still some options for you. First off, when you first contact the Swan & Dolphin they will send you information on their standard package deal which is right around the $2822 that you noted. You can book things through them "a la carte" and not pay for the things you don't want. The price you quoted seems very close to what I am paying and that includes decor and a musician. It still might be higher than you were looking to spend, but I think you should ask a few more questions as it sounds like you just received the standard quote.

The other thing to mention is that there are other places near Disney that you could do your VR and then celebrate in Disney. There is the Royal Wedding Chapel (royalchapel.com) - there is a girl who posts on here from time to time (I'm sorry but the name surpasses me at the moment) who had a very simple/intimate ceremony there and then had dinner at the GF somewhere, it was just lovely and the ceremony was no where near the cost that you mentioned. Also, some of the other hotels in the Downtown Disney area offer wedding packages as well and may have something much more reasonable. Oh, and there is Leu Gardens but I don't have much information for that location.

I just hate to see you give up, look around (also check out Mouseweddings.com for ideas). I think you could find the perfect thing for you for a VR and then you can celebrate in Disney World. Good luck!
XmasPixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 05:26 AM   #34
sarah_9
Earning My Ears

Hello,

Dolphin wedding, sounds interesting, is it like beach theme wedding or different from that, I have just attended a beach theme wedding and believe me it was awesome, you know what we got themed unique wedding favors too like seashell favor, starfish favor and many others, nice na.

Regards,
sarah_9
sarah_9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 07:35 AM   #35
trudy88
Mouseketeer

Smile This is why....

we're having our VR at home,and then a "Disneymoon".
Old 01-18-2009, 08:44 AM   #36
grumblegrumble
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by perla75 View Post
Can I buy my own Mickey & Minnie cake topper & add it to a S/D cake or is that not allowed?
I've only attended one WDW wedding, and they used a cake topper that was almost exactly like this one.

It was very romantic.
grumblegrumble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 02:17 PM   #37
Tiffer
Why, oh why, would anyone want to floss their hiney?
That party wasn't so bad after all
*This space now for rent! Call 1-800-TAGSRUS*

Has anyone had a S/D wedding that was held at another location on the property other than cresent terrace or the swan fountain? I am not a fan of all that concrete.

Looking for something along the water way.

Pics?
Old 02-16-2009, 12:10 PM   #38
Disneyaddict1973
WDW veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiffer View Post
Has anyone had a S/D wedding that was held at another location on the property other than cresent terrace or the swan fountain? I am not a fan of all that concrete.

Looking for something along the water way.

Pics?
Hi Tiff! The link to my pics is in my Siggy. Feel free. Also, I did use Just marry and have regretted it every day since I signed my contract (read my TR). Do not be limited, with a little coaxing, the Swan will refer you to OTHER wedding planners. A Bride I know who recently booked her wedding got the same package as I did (with Just Marry!) and she paid hundreds less with the other wedding planner (PLUS they actually return her calls). The swan truly is a beautiful place to get married. It is possible to be married on their beach or in a ballroom. Just make sure you know in advance waht their "plan b" will be for your big day. You DO NOT want to end up like I did! Best of luck, and congrats!
Old 02-16-2009, 03:10 PM   #39
Tiffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyaddict1973 View Post
Hi Tiff! The link to my pics is in my Siggy. Feel free. Also, I did use Just marry and have regretted it every day since I signed my contract (read my TR). Do not be limited, with a little coaxing, the Swan will refer you to OTHER wedding planners. A Bride I know who recently booked her wedding got the same package as I did (with Just Marry!) and she paid hundreds less with the other wedding planner (PLUS they actually return her calls). The swan truly is a beautiful place to get married. It is possible to be married on their beach or in a ballroom. Just make sure you know in advance waht their "plan b" will be for your big day. You DO NOT want to end up like I did! Best of luck, and congrats!
Your pics are great!

Thanks for the "plan b" advice. I read your story..uuugggh!

So far Just Marry just got back to me today from a Thursday phone call & email. Susan quoted me :

worked up a quick price quote for you. The package I designed is as follows:

· Ceremony site fee at the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Hotel
· Ceremony officiant
· Bride’s hand tied bouquet in your choice of color
· Groom’s boutonniere
· Violinist for the ceremony
· Photography package including up to two hours with a professional wedding photographer, copies of all photos taken, a 4x5 keepsake wedding album and surrendering of a high resolution cd
· Two-tiered wedding cake
· One bottle of champagne
· Professional server for the cake and champagne
· Gown steaming
· Rose petal aisle (I based this on needing 10 bags of rose petals. The price may be reduced if less is needed)
· Just Marry! ceremony coordinator to make certain all of your plans run smoothly

Fee for the above package: $3330.24!!!

I responded that is about $1,000 more than my budget.
Old 02-16-2009, 03:34 PM   #40
grover
DIS VETERAN
SUPERSCRAPBOOKER
DISNEY ON THE BRAIN
BRIDEZILLA I'M NOT

I used Just Marry and had no problems with them what so ever..I worked with Susan. I talked to her about my budget and we worked things out so it was what we could afford. I did some of my own things like flowers and music which I got for a better price. My Maid of Honor took care of steaming my gown with her own hand steamer as well.
POP CENTURY OCT 2004,
POFQ May 2009
AKL & CS Dec 2014

Old 02-16-2009, 04:07 PM   #41
Tiffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by grover View Post
I used Just Marry and had no problems with them what so ever..I worked with Susan. I talked to her about my budget and we worked things out so it was what we could afford. I did some of my own things like flowers and music which I got for a better price. My Maid of Honor took care of steaming my gown with her own hand steamer as well.
LOVE the hand steamer idea!

I am doing my own bridesmaids flowers. Going to model them after the DFTW "magic wand" looking flower, wrapped in ribbon.

Do you mind sharing the names of the florist & musician you used..if you would recommend them that is?
Old 02-17-2009, 04:41 PM   #42
Disneyaddict1973
WDW veteran

Quote:
Your pics are great!

Thanks for the "plan b" advice. I read your story..uuugggh!

So far Just Marry just got back to me today from a Thursday phone call & email. Susan quoted me :

worked up a quick price quote for you. The package I designed is as follows:

· Ceremony site fee at the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Hotel
· Ceremony officiant
· Bride’s hand tied bouquet in your choice of color
· Groom’s boutonniere
· Violinist for the ceremony
· Photography package including up to two hours with a professional wedding photographer, copies of all photos taken, a 4x5 keepsake wedding album and surrendering of a high resolution cd
· Two-tiered wedding cake
· One bottle of champagne
· Professional server for the cake and champagne
· Gown steaming
· Rose petal aisle (I based this on needing 10 bags of rose petals. The price may be reduced if less is needed)
· Just Marry! ceremony coordinator to make certain all of your plans run smoothly

Fee for the above package: $3330.24!!!

I responded that is about $1,000 more than my budget.
Thanks for the compliment on our pics Lol that is the one good thing that came out of the whole mess, we got a few pics that we absolutely loved. I also have more that my other photog took that day. PM me with your email address and I will forward them. Ok, If I were you, I would shop around for another planner and see what you can come up with. Try to contract out what YOU can. You will be able to get a great rpice for a photographer and musician during this time in the economy. I used Craiglist alot as well. That's where I found my hairstylist (who works for a "SPECIAL", upscale, on location beauty company when she is not freelancing) and photographers, I got GREAT prices. I also found my own limo service. You will love the Swan for your wedding, it is a GORGEOUS place to be married. Take your time and if you have the skill to deal with everything, just contract the site from a planner. Then you can use whomever you like for all of the other things.
Old 02-17-2009, 07:15 PM   #43
grover
DIS VETERAN
SUPERSCRAPBOOKER
DISNEY ON THE BRAIN
BRIDEZILLA I'M NOT

Quote:
LOVE the hand steamer idea!

I am doing my own bridesmaids flowers. Going to model them after the DFTW "magic wand" looking flower, wrapped in ribbon.

Do you mind sharing the names of the florist & musician you used..if you would recommend them that is?
My flowers were silk and off Ebay...we used a DJ for our music-you mentioned a violinist-so your probably not looking for a DJ..however the guy we had was GREAT..despite our small wedding guest list he had everyone up and grooving before and after dinner! He also did the music for the wedding..he let us choose what we wanted. His price was great. http://www.abcdj.com/801.html

I choose my own photographer as well..Randy Chapman..he had just started working with Just Marry and I got a incredible price. He is well known for Disney Weddings..
POP CENTURY OCT 2004,
POFQ May 2009
AKL & CS Dec 2014

Old 02-19-2009, 12:16 PM   #44
vikkymax
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyaddict1973 View Post
Thanks for the compliment on our pics Lol that is the one good thing that came out of the whole mess, we got a few pics that we absolutely loved. I also have more that my other photog took that day. PM me with your email address and I will forward them. Ok, If I were you, I would shop around for another planner and see what you can come up with. Try to contract out what YOU can. You will be able to get a great rpice for a photographer and musician during this time in the economy. I used Craiglist alot as well. That's where I found my hairstylist (who works for a "SPECIAL", upscale, on location beauty company when she is not freelancing) and photographers, I got GREAT prices. I also found my own limo service. You will love the Swan for your wedding, it is a GORGEOUS place to be married. Take your time and if you have the skill to deal with everything, just contract the site from a planner. Then you can use whomever you like for all of the other things.
You both are looking very good & may god bless you both.
I like your all photos but i liked the 179th very much in this you are looking very cute & sexy.
vikkymax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 07:10 PM   #45
Disneyaddict1973
WDW veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikkymax View Post
You both are looking very good & may god bless you both.
I like your all photos but i liked the 179th very much in this you are looking very cute & sexy.
Thank you

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: