Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-26-2011, 09:07 AM   #376
NeverlandClub23
Jon Bon Jovi's secret lover
I miss the big talking pile of leaves and trash
It makes me laugh to sing it like a drunk old man would sing it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jilian View Post
I also have loads of pictures of Il Mulino (restaurant inside the Swan) if anyone is interested
Ooooo!!! Oooooo!!! Me!! Me!!! Il Mulino is at the top of my list, I just can't find ANY good pictures of the restaurant and/or private room .
Old 10-26-2011, 10:06 AM   #377
tinkerbell 766
If I can't fly, let me sing. Or, in other words if I can't be in Disney, let me talk about it !
DLRP is quite simply my spiritual home

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsDuck View Post
Is Lakeside Terrace the same as Crescent Terrace? If so, there are a few pictures here: http://www.disboards.com/showthread....5#post26025435
Faith sweetie - Not sure about the 'Lakeside Terrace' but I have here some photos of the 'Lake Terrace' and it is clearly a completely different location to the 'Crescent Terrace'. HTH.

http://www.tazfoto.com/webhtml/swan_lake.htm

tinkerbell 766 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-26-2011, 10:07 AM   #378
tinkerbell 766
If I can't fly, let me sing. Or, in other words if I can't be in Disney, let me talk about it !
DLRP is quite simply my spiritual home

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverlandClub23 View Post
Ooooo!!! Oooooo!!! Me!! Me!!! Il Mulino is at the top of my list, I just can't find ANY good pictures of the restaurant and/or private room .
Kimberly sweetie - Have you decided where your ceremony is going to be yet? If so, do tell all!!!!

tinkerbell 766 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 10:32 AM   #379
NeverlandClub23

I wish!! I had decided to go check out the Maitland Art Center's Mayan Chapel during our trip in December, but then I mapquested it and it's a 45 minute drive from WDW. That kind of nixed that idea, I would want to hire a limo/bus for our guests and don't want to rent one for practically the whole day .

I'm so undecided right now. Matt is really pushing for the idea of a cruise wedding, but I had my heart set on a dessert party . I think the biggest road block I'm running into is I want to pay next to nothing for the ceremony. The ceremony part is not where I want to spend the money. But so many places have packages that are pretty much ceremony exclusive (with a cake) for $2-3k. I wanted to spend less than $1,000 on the ceremony, everyone to be able to have a seat during the ceremony (30 people, maybe?), and be in a pretty location. Then I can spend the majority of the money on the private dinner/reception and a dessert party .

One of my biggest obstacles is realizing that, sometimes, there's no way of getting around the huge marked-up wedding machine. I'm so frugal and try to find deals everywhere, but when it comes to actual things you want in a wedding (and if you don't want to do it the day of your wedding or have someone do it for you), you have to pay whatever it is they're asking. For example, when I was looking to have a wedding at the Mayan Chapel I was going to have to pay for chairs and a $100 set-up/tear-down fee for the chairs, because I wouldn't want my guests (or myself) to set them up (or stick around to tear them down). Also, I wanted to buy flower petals to scatter down the aisle, but you have to have someone do it and someone to clean it up. That's tough for me to come to terms with (not the flowers, the spending money part ).

So, all of that to say I'm now in between a S/D wedding and a cruise wedding! Sorry, for the rambling. Just the thoughts I've had through the beginning of this process!

Last edited by NeverlandClub23; 10-26-2011 at 10:38 AM.
NeverlandClub23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 01:19 PM   #380
MrsDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbell 766 View Post
Faith sweetie - Not sure about the 'Lakeside Terrace' but I have here some photos of the 'Lake Terrace' and it is clearly a completely different location to the 'Crescent Terrace'. HTH.

http://www.tazfoto.com/webhtml/swan_lake.htm
Thanks Jo!! I thought Sarah asked about Lakeside Terrace which I thought maybe was another name for Crescent Terrace?

That pool looks so inviting today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverlandClub23 View Post
I wish!! I had decided to go check out the Maitland Art Center's Mayan Chapel during our trip in December, but then I mapquested it and it's a 45 minute drive from WDW. That kind of nixed that idea, I would want to hire a limo/bus for our guests and don't want to rent one for practically the whole day .

I'm so undecided right now. Matt is really pushing for the idea of a cruise wedding, but I had my heart set on a dessert party . I think the biggest road block I'm running into is I want to pay next to nothing for the ceremony. The ceremony part is not where I want to spend the money. But so many places have packages that are pretty much ceremony exclusive (with a cake) for $2-3k. I wanted to spend less than $1,000 on the ceremony, everyone to be able to have a seat during the ceremony (30 people, maybe?), and be in a pretty location. Then I can spend the majority of the money on the private dinner/reception and a dessert party .

One of my biggest obstacles is realizing that, sometimes, there's no way of getting around the huge marked-up wedding machine. I'm so frugal and try to find deals everywhere, but when it comes to actual things you want in a wedding (and if you don't want to do it the day of your wedding or have someone do it for you), you have to pay whatever it is they're asking. For example, when I was looking to have a wedding at the Mayan Chapel I was going to have to pay for chairs and a $100 set-up/tear-down fee for the chairs, because I wouldn't want my guests (or myself) to set them up (or stick around to tear them down). Also, I wanted to buy flower petals to scatter down the aisle, but you have to have someone do it and someone to clean it up. That's tough for me to come to terms with (not the flowers, the spending money part ).

So, all of that to say I'm now in between a S/D wedding and a cruise wedding! Sorry, for the rambling. Just the thoughts I've had through the beginning of this process!
The cost of weddings are INSANE. Put the word "wedding" in front of any other word and you'll immediately see a price hike. It's so irritating.

I have to be honest: the S/D is really resonable in comparision to all the other places I've looked. AND, I still get my Disney Wedding!

I'm sure you'll figure it out soon!

Come be an S/D bride with us!!!
Just a subliminal message...
Old 10-26-2011, 06:20 PM   #381
Jilian
DIS Veteran

Here is Il Mulino!

View from the front door (this is the bar/lounge area) sorry it is a bit blurry:

That door to the right behind the piano leads to the courtyard. The courtyard looks just like west courtyard with the swan fountains. You can have a private cocktail reception there with/without apps. It has a $1,000 minimum if you want it to yourself. Otherwise I was told that my guests were welcome to stop there for a drink but we wouldn't have it to ourselves unless we paid to rent it out.

lounge area across from the bar:

More of the lounge area:

Blurry bar shot:

Adventures in vow renewal planning! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2727345
Jilian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 06:25 PM   #382
Jilian
DIS Veteran

If you go down past the bar/lounge area and take a right, private rooms 1-3 are on your right. They have doors that close to keep it completely private. Rom 1&2 together can hold up to 48 people and there is a $3,000 minimum that you must guarantee in food and drinks. That is before tax and gratuity. If you add room 3 into the mix you can accomodate up to 70 people with a $4,500 minimum. The rooms are a bit narrow. That is my only complaint. Not the best for mingling, but you can do that during cocktail hour in the courtyard. We only plan on going in the private room to eat. The rest of our mingling will be in the courtyard.

Private rooms 1,2 & 3. You can see those wooden doors that can be clsoed off to separate each room.

Closeup of how they set up their tables (this table is not in the private room, it is in front of the kitchen)
I was told that for functions they set up tables of 12 with a break between each for the servers to be able to get in.

Adventures in vow renewal planning! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2727345
Old 10-26-2011, 06:30 PM   #383
Jilian
DIS Veteran

The courtyard I mentioned that is available to rent for cocktail hour:

The manager we met with (I think his name was Eric?) said the furniture could be moved if we wanted. They also have a live band play starting @ 5 and they could prop the door open and put a speaker out on the terrace so we could hear the music too. The managers @ Il Mulino are the best, they are very willing to work with you and make any changes you may need

Old 10-26-2011, 10:07 PM   #384
sarahb01
Mouseketeer

http://i1125.photobucket.com/albums/...itled-swan.jpg

This is the place I was talking about. This is the only picture I can find of the space. Unless I am mistaken and it is the same as another location and maybe it looks different.

Thanks for all the replies! You ladies are great!
Old 10-27-2011, 10:57 AM   #385
Jilian
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahb01 View Post

This is the place I was talking about. This is the only picture I can find of the space. Unless I am mistaken and it is the same as another location and maybe it looks different.

D'oh! No, that is not the same as crescent terrace. I haven't seen any pictures of a ceremony there.

Old 10-27-2011, 11:55 AM   #386
MrsDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahb01 View Post

I think I've seen a ceremony there!! Go to www.disneyweddingblog.com and type in their search bar "Michelle and Russell" you should see their S/D wedding. I believe they had their ceremony there but I could be mistaken.

I'd link for you but I'm on my phone. Good luck!!

Jillian: thanks for all the pictures!! It's so nice they will move all the furniture for you in the courtyard. I love the S/D!
Old 10-27-2011, 11:59 AM   #387
MrsDuck
DIS Veteran

Whoops-- scratch that. They got married on a beachy area.

Guess I haven't seen anything done there! Very pretty, however! Sorry!!
Old 10-27-2011, 03:22 PM   #388
Shannon84
DIS Veteran

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome

Tim is my fiance's name and we actually met on the DISboards - so random I know but amazing!! We are planning on getting married next September on the beach area of Swan and Dolphin
Shannon84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 03:47 PM   #389
2dogmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We are planning on getting married next September on the beach area of Swan and Dolphin
Hi Shannon! I am planning that same location in June!

My Wedding Planning Journal

June, 2014 - AoA / RP @ US June, 2012 - My Swan Wedding / BC-CL
Nov 2010 - POR Aug 2008 - Poly Dec 2007 - Poly/WL Dec 2006 - Poly Sept 2006 - Portofino
Dec 2005 - Poly May 2005 - WL/Poly Oct 2004 - Poly Feb 2003 - CS Oct 2002 - AKL

2dogmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 03:58 PM   #390
NeverlandClub23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannon84 View Post
Thank you everyone for the warm welcome

Tim is my fiance's name and we actually met on the DISboards - so random I know but amazing!! We are planning on getting married next September on the beach area of Swan and Dolphin
How exciting! I can't wait to read your TR about the proposal (and everything else! ). I'm planning on being proposed to during our trip in December (wait, is that something you can plan on? I guess it's different when you live together and talk about marriage and stuff like that a lot). Anyways, we're planning on getting married next December, hopefully in the Orlando area (I think Matt [my bf] let go of the cruise wedding idea 'cause I don't think it's really his thing). We'll definitely be doing a WDW restaurant "reception" (probably a private dinner or just an ADR for our group somewhere) and an Epcot dessert party.

Anyways, I live in VA too! I work in Williamsburg, but live in Norfolk.

Good luck on the planning!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: