Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-25-2011, 10:58 AM   #241
RealLittleMermaid
RealLittleMermaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbell 766 View Post
I think the best thing is to drop Karen an e-mail. I am sure she will be able to help you
Thanks, but this isn't until 2014 so I haven't even contacted anyone. Thanks, though. I will certainly ask when the time comes.
RealLittleMermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 06:07 PM   #242
RealLittleMermaid
RealLittleMermaid

Also, does anyone know if you can add food to your package? I don't want a full reception since I plan on doing a DP, but I was thinking like a fruit and cheese display to go with the cake. Thanks!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-26-2011, 03:14 AM   #243
Sizzle
Mouseketeer

I'm having my first mini meltdown. I've been engaged for 5 months and not getting married for another twelve. I might need to find a therapist :P Hoping my amazing DIS Brides can offer a hanky or some advise.

My contact at the Blue Zoo is completely non responsive. I have been e-mailing with her for nearly 4 weeks. She won't answer my questions about using them for the reception (mainly which of the two dates I asked about were available) and instead wanted to talk on the phone. That's fine and dandy except it's been weeks of back and forth and she hasn't called me and hasn't responded to my last e-mail for 5 days.

At this point my whole wedding is on hold. I can't confirm anything until I know what dates they have available in addition to sorting out my other questions about using the space. Planning a destination wedding from Seattle is nerve wracking enough, but if I cant get the reception venue to even tell me what dates they have available I'm questioning the whole thing. Suggestions? Tissues? *bride freak out over*
Old 04-26-2011, 04:40 AM   #244
tinkerbell 766
If I can't fly, let me sing. Or, in other words if I can't be in Disney, let me talk about it !
DLRP is quite simply my spiritual home

Do you have a package booked with the Swan/Dolphin yet? If so, I am sure Karen will liase with BlueZoo (or at least put a rocket under them!!) for you. I originally wanted to have my 'Morning after Brunch' at 'Fresh' (our plans changed later on), and when I had communication problems with them, she got the information I needed out of them. And that booking wouldn't even have been on my VR day, so technically she was far from obliged to do that. She is very helpful!!!

tinkerbell 766 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 02:06 PM   #245
Jilian
DIS Veteran

Karen doesn't do any reception stuff. To be honest Bluezoo was my first choice but I had the same problem. The contact woman would NOT answer my questions no matter how hard I tried, she just kept saying that they didn't book until 9 mos in advance. I was concerned that if they were that non-responsive when they were trying to earn my business then how would they be when they had already earned my business? That is exactly why I crossed them off my list and opted for Il Mulino. Il Mulino was at the bottom of my list but their customer service is absolutely outstanding. They always get back to me very quickly and when I went in for a tour the manager was extremely friendly and offered us loads of options like cocktail hour in their courtyard or even the option of just having drinks as a group in their lounge before dinner. They have always been more than accomodating and just wonderful to work with.

I'm sorry you aren't getting the answers that you are looking for, I think that maybe you should consider taking your business elsewhere. There are private rooms in Shula's and Il Mulino that are beautiful and there is another place called Kimonos that may have private/semi private. All are either in the swan or dolphin. You will likely be paying a lot of money for your dinner so you deserve to be treated with respect and courtesy.

Adventures in vow renewal planning! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2727345
Jilian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 04:05 AM   #246
tinkerbell 766
If I can't fly, let me sing. Or, in other words if I can't be in Disney, let me talk about it !

Fair enough about Karen, but she certainly helped me contact Fresh when I was having difficulty!!!
I agree with Jillian. You really can do without the stress of communication problems whilst planning such an important event. Maybe you should re-consider your options. For what it's worth, I highly recommend the service I have so far received from Citrico's at the GF. But perhaps you wish to stay at the Swan?

Old 04-29-2011, 11:18 PM   #247
Sizzle
Mouseketeer

Thank you both for your advice. At the least, it felt good to get that frustration off my chest. It actually went both ways.

I sent an e-mail to Karen about some other planning details and mentioned that I was having difficulty with Blue Zoo. She did reach out to them on my behalf and learned that the contact has had some personal issues and has been out of the office. The contact even called me today (for the first time since we started talking a month ago). We missed each other and are planning to chat more on Sunday. Fingers crossed on that.

I'm still pretty weary about working with them, but that bit of information might save the deal. We are really set on staying on property and my fiance is a huge Tom Douglas fan. Hoping it gets better from here on out. <3
Old 04-29-2011, 11:50 PM   #248
tinkerbell 766

I am glad Karen could help!!! I hope it all works out!! Keep us posted

Old 05-05-2011, 11:33 AM   #249
RealLittleMermaid
RealLittleMermaid

Another question for you (this is so helpful)! Does anyone know the guest count maximums for the locations? I am planning on 50 and I really want the swan fountain. Thanks!
Old 05-15-2011, 12:32 PM   #250
KristiLyn
Fab Five Member!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealLittleMermaid View Post
Another question for you (this is so helpful)! Does anyone know the guest count maximums for the locations? I am planning on 50 and I really want the swan fountain. Thanks!
I believe the courtyard holds up to 30 people
KristiLyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 09:45 PM   #251
Jilian
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristiLyn View Post
I believe the courtyard holds up to 30 people
Yes, that is what Karen told me a few months ago. Honestly, I don't see how the heck you could squeeze 30 guests in at the courtyard without having them packed in like sardines. I have no idea where they'd put 30 chairs. I was just there a few months ago to look around and the courtyard was one of the places I visited. Crescent terrace seems to hold the most. The beach might be another option too but I was told that it isn't very private at all (there is a playground nearby).

Adventures in vow renewal planning! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2727345
Jilian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 10:43 PM   #252
KristiLyn
Fab Five Member!

I was thinking the same thing. I haven't seen the fountain in person, but it doesn't look to be able to fit that many people! This is my main concern as well. We have about 25 people coming and I'm extremely worried as we have booked that location...
Old 05-17-2011, 03:07 AM   #253
tinkerbell 766

I'm not so sure you know!! We had 13 guests and we only had one row of chairs. There was room for another row of chairs at the widest point. I reckon that 30 would just about work!! But I agree it would be a little full looking - maybe about 25 would be better!!!

Last edited by tinkerbell 766; 05-18-2011 at 05:56 AM.
Old 05-17-2011, 07:31 PM   #254
KristiLyn
Fab Five Member!

That's great news!!
Old 05-31-2011, 02:20 PM   #255
quandrea
DIS Veteran

How does a Swan/Dolphin wedding compare to DFTW? We are looking at booking the Memories package for Dec 2011. Should I consider Swan or Dolphin. There will be nine of us--me and dh, my dd 7 and dd, ds 2 as well as my sisters and parents. The 2 year olds don't count toward guest count at Disney. We are keeping it casual and simple. Any thoughts on this. I'd love tohave minnie and mickey, but I can't with the memories pkg and I don't want to upgrade to Escape (too much money).
quandrea is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: