Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-15-2011, 02:40 PM   #196
KristiLyn
Fab Five Member!

Yep, you certainly can bring your own flowers!! That's the great thing about Swan weddings You can just get the base ceremony, planner and location, and customize whatever else you want, such as different vendors, DIY anything you'd like, etc.
So basically, if you find something cheaper or want to just make your own things, you absolutely can
P.S. I'm doing daisies as well. I love them. So pretty!
Good luck!!
KristiLyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 03:40 PM   #197
KristiLyn
Fab Five Member!

I have a question for you swan brides

Are any of you staying any nights at the swan/dolphin?
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-15-2011, 03:47 PM   #198
bellaminnie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixie921 View Post
Just as a follow-up to this, we received this info in an email from DPS today:

"We offer two types of discs with a copyright release for a bridal portrait session: Archival (can print up to 30x40) for $950 or a High res (can print up to 8x10) for $750"

Wow that's high. Where these disc prices so high because you aren't purchasing the printed photo packages at all? I think the $300 was in addition to the portrait session prices. i got the prices in Jan 2011, can't believe things changed that much in just a few months.
Old 03-15-2011, 06:43 PM   #199
tinkerbell 766
If I can't fly, let me sing. Or, in other words if I can't be in Disney, let me talk about it !
DLRP is quite simply my spiritual home

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristiLyn View Post

Kristi sweetie - Can't help you I'm afraid!! We are doing BLT and PORS

tinkerbell 766 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 07:17 PM   #200
pixie921
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellaminnie View Post
Wow that's high. Where these disc prices so high because you aren't purchasing the printed photo packages at all? I think the $300 was in addition to the portrait session prices. i got the prices in Jan 2011, can't believe things changed that much in just a few months.
Really! Just two months ago! Typical Disney.

We asked if the prints could be given up for a better price on the CD and were told no, so the prices they gave me were just to add the CD.

Oh, and to answer Kristi's question, we aren't staying at the Swan either. We're all going to be at BLT on DVC points.
Old 03-15-2011, 07:23 PM   #201
minniebride
DIS Veteran

Quote:

We are getting married at the Swan in December!! We are staying at the Swan on the night before the ceremony, to make life much easier on ourselves! The caterer was able to get us a free room upgrade (not sure what it is yet, but I'm hoping for a theme park view!!!). We've never stayed at the Swan before, but we are excited. It looks lovely & the beds are supposed to be really comfy! We are moving to the WL on our wedding night
minniebride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 09:03 PM   #202
KristiLyn
Fab Five Member!

Quote:
Originally Posted by minniebride View Post
We are getting married at the Swan in December!! We are staying at the Swan on the night before the ceremony, to make life much easier on ourselves! The caterer was able to get us a free room upgrade (not sure what it is yet, but I'm hoping for a theme park view!!!). We've never stayed at the Swan before, but we are excited. It looks lovely & the beds are supposed to be really comfy! We are moving to the WL on our wedding night
Yay! We are staying the night before and the night of! We need to book this asap! I wasn't sure if there were any specials going on or anything to look for! It seems like they would/should offer a discount to couples getting married there. I think there's something where they do if you have a reception, but that wouldn't be us.
But we are very excited about staying there! Haven't before
Old 03-16-2011, 10:24 PM   #203
minniebride
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yay! We are staying the night before and the night of! We need to book this asap! I wasn't sure if there were any specials going on or anything to look for! It seems like they would/should offer a discount to couples getting married there. I think there's something where they do if you have a reception, but that wouldn't be us.
But we are very excited about staying there! Haven't before
We are really excited to stay there too~the beds are supposed to be super comfy!!! If you want a really special room, I just talked to our caterer today and she said you can book a theme park view room of the World Showcase at the Dolphin!!! Be sure to have them note on your reservation that it's your wedding to see if they will offer you any special discounts or free upgrades when you get there-can't hurt, right?
Old 03-16-2011, 10:43 PM   #204
KristiLyn
Fab Five Member!

Wow! That would be amazing, since the world showcase is one of our favorite things at Disney!!
I'm so excited, thanks for the suggestions!!!
Old 03-17-2011, 10:10 PM   #205
minniebride
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Wow! That would be amazing, since the world showcase is one of our favorite things at Disney!!
I'm so excited, thanks for the suggestions!!!
No problem!! We love the WS too-so much that we are doing an Illuminations DP the night before our wedding!
Old 03-17-2011, 10:29 PM   #206
KristiLyn
Fab Five Member!

Quote:
No problem!! We love the WS too-so much that we are doing an Illuminations DP the night before our wedding!
Thats going to be awesome!!! We were thinking about doing something like that as well!!

And I'm so excited bc while we are there, the F&W fest will be going on!!
Old 03-20-2011, 09:21 PM   #207
minniebride
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thats going to be awesome!!! We were thinking about doing something like that as well!!

And I'm so excited bc while we are there, the F&W fest will be going on!!
Ooh, that's a great time of year to be there!! We are getting married 6 days before Christmas, so we are staying for our honeymoon until the 26th. Our Christmas dinner will be at the California Grill It's going to be an insane week in the parks, but I think it will be fun

Am I the only Swan bride who is doing a full catered reception in one of the Swan ballrooms or is there anyone else?
Old 03-20-2011, 09:39 PM   #208
PrincessAriel09
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishthemeparkfan View Post
Hi tinkerbell,

what are you doing on the evening of your wedding. I am having a wedding at the swan in May also, and planned an epcot dessert party at night, but have been informed by disney I'm not allowed to unless all 13 guests stay at a disney hotel.
I was just peeking through the posts... and saw this! Now I am worried! I had hoped to do a Swan wedding (someday-) with a DP at Epcot for 50 guests! Disney says ALL guests have to stay on property to come to the DP? Or is there a mnimum that irishthemepark's 13 guests do not meet? Any info on this would be appreciated!

Too many trips to the World to count!

February '11 Disney Princess 1/2 Marathon!!!

Me DBF
PrincessAriel09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 09:47 PM   #209
minniebride
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessAriel09 View Post
I was just peeking through the posts... and saw this! Now I am worried! I had hoped to do a Swan wedding (someday-) with a DP at Epcot for 50 guests! Disney says ALL guests have to stay on property to come to the DP? Or is there a mnimum that irishthemepark's 13 guests do not meet? Any info on this would be appreciated!
We are doing a DP in Epcot ans most of our guests are staying at the S/D. Some are staying at a WDW resort, and at least 5 guests are staying off-property. We do not have any penalties for the off-property guests and actually, the event planner didn't even ask where our guests were staying. We are having about 60 guests~not sure if that makes a difference. HTH!
Old 03-20-2011, 09:51 PM   #210
PrincessAriel09
Earning My Ears

Quote:
We are doing a DP in Epcot ans most of our guests are staying at the S/D. Some are staying at a WDW resort, and at least 5 guests are staying off-property. We do not have any penalties for the off-property guests and actually, the event planner didn't even ask where our guests were staying. We are having about 60 guests~not sure if that makes a difference. HTH!
Awesome! that was exactly what I was hoping to hear!
Thank you!

Too many trips to the World to count!

February '11 Disney Princess 1/2 Marathon!!!

Me DBF
PrincessAriel09 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: