Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-11-2011, 12:17 PM   #181
bellaminnie
Mouseketeer

This is the info i got when i contacted Disney event photography:

Thank you for considering a Disney Bridal Portrait Session! You are correct, you will not be able to schedule your session in the Magic Kingdom, but we offer portrait sessions in bridal attire in Epcot World Showcase, Disney's Animal Kingdom and Disney’s Hollywood Studios or any Disney Resort. These sessions are for the couple only and are in wedding attire. I've listed session details below:

Park Bridal Portrait Session (Epcot World Showcase, Disney’s Hollywood Studios, Disney’s Animal Kingdom) - $650.00
Included:
One hour with one photographer (you will be picked up at your Disney resort (and Swan or Dolphin) and returned to that resort after your photo session)
4x6 keepsake prints
Sent 4-6 weeks after your session
12 print 5x7 album (can upgrade to a 20 print 5x7 album for $125)
Album Order form sent with keepsake prints
Proof book of images
Private website for three months

Park Session Details:
One hour at Epcot World Showcase (Times: 7:45am, 8am, 8:30am, 8:45am), Hollywood Studios & Animal Kingdom (Before Park opening)

Resort Bridal Portrait Session (any Disney Resort) - $450.00
Included:

One hour with one photographer (you will be picked up at your Disney resort and returned to that resort after your photo session)
4x6 keepsake prints
Sent 4-6 weeks after your session
24 print 6x6 soft cover book (can upgrade to a 12 print 5x7 album for $125)
Book Order form sent with keepsake prints
Private website for three months

Resort Session Details:
One hour at any Disney Resort (Anytime during the day)

You can purchase a high res DVD with a copyright release for $300
Old 03-11-2011, 12:23 PM   #182
pixie921
DIS Veteran

bellaminnie, thank you SO much for posting that!

I do have a question ... the high-res CD is listed for $300 but is only mentioned about the resort photo sessions ... do you think that applies to the park sessions as well?
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-11-2011, 12:34 PM   #183
bellaminnie
Mouseketeer

no problem!

sorry the $300 cd can be purchased for all the sessions as far as i know. it was from another email and i just pasted it on the bottom, thought it might be of interest. i hate that you only get a few pics with the packages, i would want all of them!
Old 03-11-2011, 12:44 PM   #184
pixie921
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellaminnie View Post
no problem!

sorry the $300 cd can be purchased for all the sessions as far as i know. it was from another email and i just pasted it on the bottom, thought it might be of interest. i hate that you only get a few pics with the packages, i would want all of them!
Oh, that's good news!! I would definitely want the CD so we could include the photos in a photobook!
Old 03-11-2011, 10:07 PM   #185
tinkerbell 766
If I can't fly, let me sing. Or, in other words if I can't be in Disney, let me talk about it !
DLRP is quite simply my spiritual home

Amy sweetie - it is lovely to see you over here on the S/D board, but do tell me, are you thinking of switching? I know that you are having a stressful time with your planning at the moment!!

tinkerbell 766 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 10:41 PM   #186
pixie921
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbell 766 View Post
Amy sweetie - it is lovely to see you over here on the S/D board, but do tell me, are you thinking of switching? I know that you are having a stressful time with your planning at the moment!!
We are giving it serious thought ... we are so very disenchanted with DFTW right now, but I don't know that I can let go of the MK shoot (plus I'd hate to forfeit our deposit with DFTW). We are basically exploring alternatives now (and I ADORE the ceremony locations at the Swan), but I'm so hung up on the MK shoot that we'll probably end up sticking with Disney.
Old 03-12-2011, 04:19 AM   #187
tinkerbell 766
If I can't fly, let me sing. Or, in other words if I can't be in Disney, let me talk about it !

I understand. Isn't it funny how we brides (and VR brides) are all so different and unique!! In all my planning (even when I was going for the Escape package with DFTW), the MK shoot was just not high on my list of priorities. In fact, it wasn't even a consideration. I must say, I am grateful that it is not important to me, when you hear all the problems (quality, timing changes, rudeness etc) I am glad I did not consider it.
Good luck sweetie - I hope it all works out for the best, whatever is decided!!

Old 03-12-2011, 10:39 AM   #188
pixie921
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I understand. Isn't it funny how we brides (and VR brides) are all so different and unique!! In all my planning (even when I was going for the Escape package with DFTW), the MK shoot was just not high on my list of priorities. In fact, it wasn't even a consideration. I must say, I am grateful that it is not important to me, when you hear all the problems (quality, timing changes, rudeness etc) I am glad I did not consider it.
Good luck sweetie - I hope it all works out for the best, whatever is decided!!
Thanks Joanne!

I figure that really, truly as long as I'm there with my honey and my family, that's all that really matters!
Old 03-14-2011, 06:32 PM   #189
Ariel864
Disney Princess

Are the prices they set for options in the Swan and Dolphin weddings set in stone? Or do they grant a little leeway? I am interested in having a floral bouquet but something really simple and not so extravagant. Would it still be at least 100 dollars? Does anyone know?
Old 03-14-2011, 07:08 PM   #190
pixie921
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellaminnie View Post
no problem!

Just as a follow-up to this, we received this info in an email from DPS today:

"We offer two types of discs with a copyright release for a bridal portrait session: Archival (can print up to 30x40) for $950 or a High res (can print up to 8x10) for $750"

Old 03-15-2011, 02:48 AM   #191
tinkerbell 766

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariel864 View Post
Are the prices they set for options in the Swan and Dolphin weddings set in stone? Or do they grant a little leeway? I am interested in having a floral bouquet but something really simple and not so extravagant. Would it still be at least 100 dollars? Does anyone know?
The prices are certainly not set in stone - that is one of the appealing things about S/D weddings/VRs!!! I started with the bare bones minimum package and added what I wanted and left out what I didn't!! I had very definite ideas about what I needed as regards floral, and although I have taken Karen's advice regarding which florist to chose (I trust her implicitly!!!), I certainly gave very direct instructions on what I wanted!!! I am having a larger cascade bouquet, so it is quite expensive. I am sure that you can have whatever you want. Just drop Karen an e-mail!!! Just a heads up though, wedding flowers are expensive and $100.00 is really not an unusual amount - even for a simple hand tied bridal posy!!! Good luck and let us know how you get on!!

Last edited by tinkerbell 766; 03-15-2011 at 09:01 AM.
Old 03-15-2011, 07:26 AM   #192
Ariel864
Disney Princess

Quote:
The prices are certainly not set in stone - that is one of the appealing things about S/D weddings/VRs!!! I started with the bare bones minimum package and added what I wanted and left out what I didn't!! I had very definite ideas about what I needed as regards floral, and although I have taken Karen's advice regarding which florist to chose (I trust her implicitly!!!), I certainly gave very direct instructions on what I wanted!!! I am having a larger cascade bouquet, so it is quite expensive. I am sure that you can have whatever you want. Just drop Karen an e-mail!!! Just a heads up though, wedding flowers are expensive and $100.00 is really not an unusual amount - even for a somple hand tied bridal posy!!! Good luck and let us know how you get on!!
I know they tend to be expensive, it just upsets me lol. One of my favorite flowers are gerbera daisies. I can by three sets of like 8 organically grown perfect geberas from whole foods for 10 dollars a piece and my cost would be only 30 plus whatever ribbon I wanted. The markup on things is just pretty much disgusting.
Old 03-15-2011, 09:00 AM   #193
tinkerbell 766

I am sure you would be allowed to provide your own bouquet if that's what you wish to do!!!
The mark ups are high in the wedding industry for sure!!!

Old 03-15-2011, 10:40 AM   #194
Jilian
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariel864 View Post
I know they tend to be expensive, it just upsets me lol. One of my favorite flowers are gerbera daisies. I can by three sets of like 8 organically grown perfect geberas from whole foods for 10 dollars a piece and my cost would be only 30 plus whatever ribbon I wanted. The markup on things is just pretty much disgusting.
You can absolutely bring your own flowers, that is what I am doing. Gerber daisies last forever. I have some growing in my back yard and I clipped a few and put them in a vase of water about 2 weeks ago and they still look the same as they did when I first clipped them. If you wanted to buy your own and just bundle them together with a pretty ribbon the night before you could probably save a small fortune. I'm leaning towards fake flowers myself, flowers are pretty but not super important to me so I'm going to get some pretty silk ones from Michaels and make a small bouquet to carry.

Adventures in vow renewal planning! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2727345
Jilian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 11:24 AM   #195
Organic Cleaner
Earning My Ears

what a nice picture
Organic Cleaner is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: