Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > The Creative Community > Scrapbooking
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-04-2006, 08:28 PM   #1
BeccaGrace
Reads Disney Menus When She's Sad

Disney Paper Piecings???

I'd like to make some of my own paper piecings for our trip scrapbook but this is one area of scrapbooking I've never really tried. Are there any websites that have instructions or templates for Disney-themed paper piecings?

If not...Am I right that I could choose a picture or clip art and trace the various components and then cut them out of cardstock and layer them to get the right look? Or am I missing some important component? I'd love some advice before I get myself too far in and realize I'm doing it all wrong!

Specifically...I'd love to make one of Sulley from Monster's Inc. to go with the pic in my siggy. I thought he'd be a good first attempt since he only has a few colors and not too much detail. Do you think he would be a reasonable first attempt or should I aim lower?

I am going to a 12-hour crop on 3/25 and hope to finally scrap our trip and I'd love to have everything ready to go pre-crop so it's just a matter of putting everything together that day. So any advice would be GREATLY appreciated!!! Thanks!

Upcoming Trips:
Moving to Orlando in Summer 2012!
BeccaGrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 08:49 PM   #2
PIRATEGIRL007
DIS Cast Member
OMG! I am about to jump up and down!
real technical words, aren't they!

I always just use coloring book pages for templates for my disney paper piecings. I usually google disney coloring pages monsters inc or something like that. There are also some links in the scrapbooking site stickey on the dis that have some good coloring pages on them.
PIRATEGIRL007 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-05-2006, 08:08 AM   #3
SqueakyMouse
DIS Veteran

I used to trace all my patterns. Now, I either find patterns on the internet or scan coloring book pages then print the pattern on the different colors of paper I need for the picture. For most piecing, this words soooo much better for me. I'm just about finished with my latest Disney album, so I'll try to get some photos to post later.

Way, Way Too Many Trips to List

Upcoming trips:

June 2014 WBC
October 2014 WBC
December 2014 WBC
April 2015 WBC
SqueakyMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 09:30 AM   #4
DeborahA
DIS Veteran

I love to do paper piecing. I like to copy a coloring page--enlarge or reduce- depending on the size you need. You may want to do a mirror image copy--so you can trace onto card stock and cut from behind then flip over for use right side up. That way you don't have to worry about your tracing lines showing. I like to use pop dots to make certain elements stand out. Have fun with it! I think Sully would be a great place to start.
HTH Deb
DeborahA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 09:40 AM   #5
DeborahA
DIS Veteran

Becca
I found a great site@ www.artisthelpingchildren.org click on chidrens art resources, they have lots of Sully pages.
I forgot to mention in previous post that I start by tracing a base. By that I mean I trace a general outline to build on. I don't trace any of the parts that hang off--or parts I would want to make 3-D. Just a base to build on. Then I do the fine work. I hope this is clear--I have trouble explaining sometimes.
Deb

Last edited by DeborahA; 03-05-2006 at 09:51 AM. Reason: wrong address
DeborahA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 05:41 PM   #6
BeccaGrace
Reads Disney Menus When She's Sad

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeborahA
Becca
I found a great site@ www.artisthelpingchildren.org click on chidrens art resources, they have lots of Sully pages.
I forgot to mention in previous post that I start by tracing a base. By that I mean I trace a general outline to build on. I don't trace any of the parts that hang off--or parts I would want to make 3-D. Just a base to build on. Then I do the fine work. I hope this is clear--I have trouble explaining sometimes.
Deb
Thank you SO much! Those coloring pages are wonderful--I found exactly what I wanted.

Thanks everyone for the advice. This is my first time scrapping Disney and I am so excited for my crop--I organized all my materials today and have enough for a general trip album AND a princess album I'll post pictures once they are done...thanks again

Upcoming Trips:
Moving to Orlando in Summer 2012!
BeccaGrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 05:55 PM   #7
Mickeyteacher
Mother, Wife, Daughter, Friend, Teacher
Blonde Moment!

sorry- wrong post!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: